Jump to content

Chapter 8 Section 9 - Blood Sacrament 


Alter Native

2,472 views

Blog Overview

C1T.pngC2T.pngC3T.pngC4T.pngC5T.pngC6T.pngC7T.pngC8T.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngSEmpty.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngSEmpty.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngSEmpty.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngSEmpty.pngS8.pngSEmpty.pngS8.pngS8.pngS8.pngS8.pngS8.pngSEmpty.pngS9.pngSEmpty.pngS9.pngS9.pngS9.pngS9.pngS9.pngSEmpty.pngS10.pngSEmpty.pngS10.pngSEmpty.pngS10.pngS10.pngS10.pngC9TC1.pngC9TC2.pngC10TC1.pngC10TC2.pngCET.pngCET.pngCET.pngCET.pngS1.pngS7.pngS1.pngS7.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS2.pngS8.pngS2.pngS8.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS3.pngS9.pngS3.pngS9.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS4.pngS10.pngS4.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS5.pngS11.pngS5.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS6.pngS12.pngS6.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.png

 

 

 

Short Summary of the previous entries

 


In the last entries we followed Nora's story in Hammerfell.

 
49521935106_851ea0b32f_z.jpg

 

She was invited but the Duchess of Hammerfell to meet her in the hidden Oasis City of Al-Mahan in the center of the Alik'r Desert of Hammerfell.

 

49521940196_d96db52dff_z.jpg
 

She met Llaila Sehat, who, together with her husband, is running the largest trading company in Hammerfell, specializing on blood and slaves.

 

49639637361_351cffc2cc_z.jpg

49639903062_96958b88b9_z.jpg

 

 Now Nora is on her way to the Palace of the Duchess of Hammerfell, who invited her to the city in the first place.

 

 

My blog overview page provides summaries of previous chapters, backgrounds and characters summaries.

 


Of Blood and Pleasure on 
Flickr
Twitter 

 

Chapter 8 Section 9 - Blood Sacrament 

 

 


49718203937_973ba951f4_o.jpg
49718203922_78c7d05731_o.jpg
49717889226_9fd2fdbe5b_o.jpg
49717351713_5daa6212e5_o.jpg
49717889106_a104dfa35a_o.jpg
49717889141_8d696fb061_o.jpg
49718203847_3e03994ce5_o.jpg
49717889121_43708c45f4_o.jpg
49717351603_9f85a963b0_o.jpg
49717889051_86b0d95790_o.jpg
49717351583_27c96502be_o.jpg
49717888986_c865d5d63c_o.jpg
49717351518_b224338f75_o.jpg
49717888951_86e54a6f06_o.jpg
49718203642_fcdd8e32d2_o.jpg
49717888911_2dfac08556_o.jpg
49717351453_65904ae1f6_o.jpg
49717351448_5b0ee1c23e_o.jpg
49717888836_9b10408b61_o.jpg
49717351408_842aa51d4e_o.jpg
49718203472_d58af5248c_o.jpg
49718203427_dd5b87f647_o.jpg
49717888701_06671c7d2c_o.jpg
49718203407_ba8ff8c5dd_o.jpg
49718203392_7f8d1f9c0e_o.jpg
49718203322_c241662ee6_o.jpg
49717351233_d5540ebd1d_o.jpg
49717351183_a25a43f130_o.jpg
49717351153_2363d373dd_o.jpg
49718203252_5b9b94141c_o.jpg
49718203217_8c7bee602d_o.jpg
49718203212_160f0770f0_o.jpg
49718203202_056b3eff6f_o.jpg
49717888521_e01ec3b55d_o.jpg
49717350998_d65e768171_o.jpg
49717888441_3745dd26b2_o.jpg
49718203067_d008bd140c_o.jpg

 

 

 

 

 


49717888396_488ba5075f_o.jpg
49718203052_965dc45f7f_o.jpg
49718203027_653b014d33_o.jpg
49718202972_7ca0e41152_o.jpg
49717350873_e0be5bcd6e_o.jpg
49718202947_6f9499ed86_o.jpg
49717888256_18c7a311dc_o.jpg
49718202872_43b7b50c72_o.jpg
49717350798_bee7c847ba_o.jpg
49717888186_d36b421d56_o.jpg
49718202827_4650c4ac3f_o.jpg
49718202832_3ea14007de_o.jpg
49717888111_48ff279fcb_o.jpg
49718202792_9ec38eeabe_o.jpg
49717350713_f481a4794a_o.jpg
49717350703_b8d1490d2b_o.jpg
49718202767_7493f4bc6d_o.jpg
49717350598_2623210a36_o.jpg
49718202692_d6ff855dea_o.jpg
49717887991_b8c81615e1_o.jpg
49717350523_e70bde7133_o.jpg
49717350558_0ebbfcdcd0_o.jpg
49717350503_19040fe38e_o.jpg
49718202607_3940734f5f_o.jpg
49718202622_973d1c4beb_o.jpg
49717887906_94a97818a8_o.jpg
49718202557_831b20db81_o.jpg
49717887841_daa5ecdba6_o.jpg
49718202517_c0bdbee4f0_o.jpg
49718202507_f5dd792106_o.jpg
49718202487_5a339a3a20_o.jpg
49717887771_57e605b250_o.jpg
49718202437_6113f7f98a_o.jpg
49717887741_d36d0bd782_o.jpg
49718202392_86bb7740a9_o.jpg
49717350323_c2430ec4bd_o.jpg
49718202347_6c741b5357_o.jpg
49718202352_a2ac158041_o.jpg
49717887661_5371a2fee5_o.jpg
49717887616_4873d8b910_o.jpg
49717350218_c6c0a54e70_o.jpg
49717350203_a903c68473_o.jpg
49717350188_a64e7083ce_o.jpg
49717350168_875cd6f4dc_o.jpg
49718202212_b6af8d44a0_o.jpg
49717887446_6b106e03cb_o.jpg
49717350083_4b300b12d7_o.jpg
49717350088_8463eea00f_o.jpg
49718202072_eabd3271ee_o.jpg
49717921481_e1b7b16159_o.gif
49718202017_16a0dd7308_o.jpg
49717349943_997e3b4e87_o.jpg
49718201962_1cf42b8616_o.jpg
49717887241_a3a1665601_o.jpg
 

 

 

 


49717887231_bf40f8b9a5_o.jpg
49717349898_dac94dfffa_o.jpg
49718201922_5552aaf1d1_o.jpg
49717349888_40129de467_o.jpg
49718201867_bd31d4a4e9_o.jpg
49718201827_e0342a066e_o.jpg
49717887086_cd71c65fcc_o.jpg
49718201797_db29810ec2_o.jpg
49717887066_427b42a333_o.jpg
49718201762_5baed6d6a7_o.jpg
49717887011_7a3abe0c19_o.jpg
49718201727_1f599f9304_o.jpg
49717349733_c2f137dede_o.jpg
49717886966_10849c4f27_o.jpg
49718201687_f2d8916abd_o.jpg
49717349693_ef3ebf1fe7_o.jpg
49717886881_55b493eb1f_o.jpg
49718201637_5331677781_o.jpg
49717886841_83daa15c1e_o.jpg
49718201602_9cec605aab_o.jpg
49717349588_e632cb3577_o.jpg
49717349538_acd2f659cb_o.jpg
49717349543_1fb2310683_o.jpg
49718201547_8442f9eab7_o.jpg
49717349488_7824f0c1ef_o.jpg
49717349438_792215ffa1_o.jpg
49717349423_98b15cfa14_o.jpg
49718201462_da37471a7f_o.jpg
49718201437_cff9bb6713_o.jpg
49717349368_89f9489d33_o.jpg
49717349318_d5a5a46f9c_o.jpg
49717886536_1b7a7ab42a_o.jpg
49717886496_01cdd0115b_o.jpg
49717886446_88801b8174_o.jpg
49717349228_7c60c3e000_o.jpg
49717349213_73edef2456_o.jpg
49718201282_4a09659066_o.jpg
49717886371_567011f25b_o.jpg
49717349153_9f8d2786e3_o.jpg
49718201207_d1c14f6252_o.jpg
49717349103_5c37c68144_o.jpg
49718201212_6e32e5974d_o.jpg
49718201197_a3f4828920_o.jpg
49717886211_91f1fcc22c_o.jpg
49717886176_09455eb0f0_o.jpg
49717886166_83c3737e94_o.jpg
49717886151_666c9f8047_o.jpg
49717886121_4cf8ccc236_o.jpg
49717348918_eb29e46e07_o.jpg
49717348908_cc84bd02b4_o.jpg
49717348898_a20f3dfd41_o.jpg
49718201007_7f7f859c33_o.jpg
49717348863_259478d1bd_o.jpg
49717885986_20162abd33_o.jpg
49717885946_054beb6ee2_o.jpg
49717885926_135a536b50_o.jpg
49717885911_61d9036246_o.jpg
49717885896_f82f7a8365_o.jpg
49717348693_2ba2f0d390_o.jpg

 

Thanks for reading everybody!

I hope you enjoyed this rather unusual episode :) .

 
 

Edited by Alter Native

14 Comments


Recommended Comments

I'm still working on catching up on your work, but I noticed the entry and decided take a look anyway. ? 

 

Your imagery is amazing! I think I'll comment more on the story as I catch up, though I did very much enjoy the entry. On the whole I'm very much enjoying your work and I love vampire fiction. So keep it up! ?

Link to comment

Wow, incredible scene setup on that sequence. I like the exposition dialogue that followed, it helped clear things up a lot. :)

Link to comment

The last 3 entries have been incredible (yes, this comment counts for all three, sorry ?), especially with the scenery. It's incredibly immersive. This part though takes the cake. The entire ritual has a mesmerizing ambiance that kept me intrigued amidst my confusion. I'm glad Rattlesnark is cleared up, because I'm certainly not lol! But I think that's a good thing. I love the potential this ends with.

 

The politics and conversations were well done too. They didn't overwhelm or take away, though the arabic did slow things down a bit as I couldn't copy and paste from an image and ultimately gave up on translating every sentence pretty quickly :/ But I don't feel like I missed anything as a result, and actually kinda enjoyed not knowing what they were saying. It made it more immersive, at least in my opinion.

 

And I'm very glad you took my advice and released your blood pack! Now I'm feeling competitive and don't wanna release mine until it's BETTER THAN YOURS! Just kidding, of course :) It's great work and I need to come up with a scene to use them in

Link to comment

Excellent Yob! Did you do all this in the creation kit? The setting of course. And nice trick with the gif. Kind of boggled me for a sec I thought I was seeing things for a moment there. :sweat_smile: It's what I was trying to aim for in me Sheogorath chapter. ;) And again... great work. :thumbsup:

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Cema said:

Great setup really !

Thank you Cema!

11 hours ago, LexiAJ82 said:

I'm still working on catching up on your work, but I noticed the entry and decided take a look anyway. ? 

 

Your imagery is amazing! I think I'll comment more on the story as I catch up, though I did very much enjoy the entry. On the whole I'm very much enjoying your work and I love vampire fiction. So keep it up! ?

Thank you very much, always glad to hear that people are reading the whole thing from the beginning (or somewhere in the middle), makes it worth for me to maintain all of my entries and not just care about the latest one or two releases.

10 hours ago, Rattlesnark said:

Wow, incredible scene setup on that sequence. I like the exposition dialogue that followed, it helped clear things up a lot. :)

Thank you! It's always easy to set things up rather to give them a satisfying end and what we saw here was in the potential far far future. Far enough away that I can savely say we won't reach it with my blog. But besides that there are plenty of implications in this entry for the current time of this story.

6 hours ago, Collygon said:

The last 3 entries have been incredible (yes, this comment counts for all three, sorry ?), especially with the scenery. It's incredibly immersive. This part though takes the cake. The entire ritual has a mesmerizing ambiance that kept me intrigued amidst my confusion. I'm glad Rattlesnark is cleared up, because I'm certainly not lol! But I think that's a good thing. I love the potential this ends with.

Thank you very much Collygon! Glad you're still alive ;) .

6 hours ago, Collygon said:

The politics and conversations were well done too. They didn't overwhelm or take away, though the arabic did slow things down a bit as I couldn't copy and paste from an image and ultimately gave up on translating every sentence pretty quickly :/ But I don't feel like I missed anything as a result, and actually kinda enjoyed not knowing what they were saying. It made it more immersive, at least in my opinion.

Yeah, the idea was to have Nora be a stranger in a foreign country and not knowing what is going on and what people are talking about is the norm. Besides you never know whether they are plotting right in front of you :grimace:

6 hours ago, Collygon said:

And I'm very glad you took my advice and released your blood pack! Now I'm feeling competitive and don't wanna release mine until it's BETTER THAN YOURS! Just kidding, of course :) It's great work and I need to come up with a scene to use them in

I think there's little "competition" to begin with as mine has a clear vampire focus with blood running form the mouth etc. whereas you focus in wounds in general with some blood of course.

Looking forward to seeing your version!

 

 

3 hours ago, Jayomms said:

Excellent Yob! Did you do all this in the creation kit? The setting of course. And nice trick with the gif. Kind of boggled me for a sec I thought I was seeing things for a moment there. :sweat_smile: It's what I was trying to aim for in me Sheogorath chapter. ;) And again... great work. :thumbsup:

Thank you! Yes I built everything my selves, the place as well as the ritual site. The plan at some point was to add it to Karlov Manor, however there are technical issues, cause I built it in a different file... But maybe there's a way for me to add it nonetheless.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

Thank you! Yes I built everything my selves, the place as well as the ritual site. The plan at some point was to add it to Karlov Manor, however there are technical issues, cause I built it in a different file... But maybe there's a way for me to add it nonetheless.

Ah.... Nice! That would be a wonderful addition. You might not have to put it in the same file and just make it an add-on if it's too much trouble of course or not if it's trouble either way. :sweat_smile: Anyway best of luck. ;):thumbsup:

Link to comment

Your work remind me a bit of Game of Thrones (with the political plotting & treacherous ambiance, and the gory/sexual aspect), mixed with The Masquerade games (with choices being offered to join/betray the different factions at some point, and of course the vampire setting). I loved how the duchess appeared just as dangerous and threatening than the Sehats' influence, and how Nora has to compose between both, and make some choices. The technical execution is also outstanding, and while the first boards do almost look like silent pretexts to eye-candy shots, it must be admitted  the visual quality and preparation of the backgrounds and outfits is but remarkable in many ways. The ritual itself went more into fantastic lore, and would've been indeed rather puzzling if it wasn't for the pointed explanations from the duchess at the end. All mesmerizing and immersive. And the amount of written typos keeps going down (I've only spotted a single one). Excellent work ! :smiley::thumbsup:

 

Malicia : « She... she took her heart out as if she was opening her fridge for a cooking recipe ! source.gif

 

               Next time she wanna get high she can use drugs instead, uh ! :classic_angry:

 

               Plus she forgot her panties on the main picture, so it's very ridiculous. :classic_sleep: »

3 hours ago, Alter Native said:

Thank you very much, always glad to hear that people are reading the whole thing from the beginning (or somewhere in the middle), makes it worth for me to maintain all of my entries and not just care about the latest one or two releases.

:angel:

10 hours ago, Collygon said:

Now I'm feeling competitive and don't wanna release mine until it's BIGGER THAN YOURS! Just kidding, of course :)

Oh boy... :classic_biggrin:

 

 

Link to comment

I reviewed it several times, it's just great. The pictures are so amazing that I just sometimes forgot to follow the plot! Love and quality study of each image, and an amazing amount of small details. 
I was surprised by the details and colors of the "prophetic dream." Especially the Duchess's tiara on the skull. And the ritual itself is simply amazing!
Amazing work Alter! Just Amazing!

Link to comment

Amazing work as always Alter! it's good to see more of the vampire society in your world! Keep it up! :D

Link to comment

Holy shit your screenshots are freaking awesome!!!!!! Top making me step up my screenshotting game!!!

The angle and composition. I especially loved the "vision" sequence!

Also Love Page 3, where you used the dark background to emphasize the gold of her gorgeous outfit!!!

 

Great prophecy/story setup btw. I had the Inception "waaahhmmm" sound playing in my mind when reading those pages :)

Link to comment
On 4/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Tirloque said:

Your work remind me a bit of Game of Thrones (with the political plotting & treacherous ambiance, and the gory/sexual aspect), mixed with The Masquerade games (with choices being offered to join/betray the different factions at some point, and of course the vampire setting). I loved how the duchess appeared just as dangerous and threatening than the Sehats' influence, and how Nora has to compose between both, and make some choices.

Thank you, that was indeed what I was going for and so far this is mostly exposition with more to come.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Tirloque said:

The technical execution is also outstanding, and while the first boards do almost look like silent pretexts to eye-candy shots, it must be admitted  the visual quality and preparation of the backgrounds and outfits is but remarkable in many ways. The ritual itself went more into fantastic lore, and would've been indeed rather puzzling if it wasn't for the pointed explanations from the duchess at the end. All mesmerizing and immersive. And the amount of written typos keeps going down (I've only spotted a single one). Excellent work ! :smiley::thumbsup:

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it.

Most of this was done about a year ago, so the typos are just natural flacutations based on my motivation. But I'll watch out for them in the episodes I'm working on right now.

 

On 4/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Tirloque said:

 

Malicia : « She... she took her heart out as if she was opening her fridge for a cooking recipe ! source.gif

 

               Next time she wanna get high she can use drugs instead, uh ! :classic_angry:

Careful what you wish for, we'll see her get high again in the next entry.

 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, Crw said:

I reviewed it several times, it's just great. The pictures are so amazing that I just sometimes forgot to follow the plot! Love and quality study of each image, and an amazing amount of small details. 
I was surprised by the details and colors of the "prophetic dream." Especially the Duchess's tiara on the skull. And the ritual itself is simply amazing!
Amazing work Alter! Just Amazing!

Thank you very much!

There was some more in that dream sequence, the other items on the altar belonged to Isabella and Harkon, but I don't blame anyone for not catching that ;) .

17 hours ago, xGHoSTx said:

Amazing work as always Alter! it's good to see more of the vampire society in your world! Keep it up! :D

Thanks!

7 hours ago, devious-Drunna said:

Holy shit your screenshots are freaking awesome!!!!!! Top making me step up my screenshotting game!!!

The angle and composition. I especially loved the "vision" sequence!

Also Love Page 3, where you used the dark background to emphasize the gold of her gorgeous outfit!!!

 

Great prophecy/story setup btw. I had the Inception "waaahhmmm" sound playing in my mind when reading those pages :)

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it!

Looking forward to see more of your work as well.

 

Link to comment

I don't think there are enough words to describe how atmospheric and exquisite this whole episode was.  The technical execution of everything as a whole and of the ritual in particular was absolutely impressive. ? (once our world goes back to normal I really need to work on that whole 'lottery winning' plan, so "Nora - the TV series" can happen ?)

 

Loved the symbolism of the ritual! The idea with the scales really reminded me of weighting of the heart done by Anubis in Egyptian mythology. It fits the theme of Hammerfell really well. I am also very curious about the items of power displayed on the altar. We see the Duchess circlet, the Queen's crown and if I'm not mistaken - Harkon's sword? The Duchess skull crumbles in the vision which prophesies her possible demise (later confirmed by the Duchess herself). I wonder what the crown and the sword mean - are their owners still alive in the prophesy? Did they give up their powers in the acceptance of possible Molag Bal's return??  I'm just speculating here, because I really liked the whole scene and it provided so many delicious mysteries to uncover.  Also I do not know of Persophine is a play on the name "Persephone" but if it is then it's a really clever idea! The role of the queen of the Underworld (the vampiric version) is something that would suit Nora. And on top of that, we get to find out that Nora has a brother! (Or might get one in the future) The plot thickens! ?

 

Incredible work! As always, thank you for sharing it with us! ?

 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Devianna said:

I don't think there are enough words to describe how atmospheric and exquisite this whole episode was.  The technical execution of everything as a whole and of the ritual in particular was absolutely impressive. ? (once our world goes back to normal I really need to work on that whole 'lottery winning' plan, so "Nora - the TV series" can happen ?)

Haha, thanks!

Glad you liked it!

 

19 hours ago, Devianna said:

Loved the symbolism of the ritual! The idea with the scales really reminded me of weighting of the heart done by Anubis in Egyptian mythology. It fits the theme of Hammerfell really well.

I didn't even think of the Anubis ritual, but you are totally right it's a great fit. I just had the idea of using weighting boiling blood on some magic scale as a measure of power/worth of your blood. The only thing that felt reasonable to weight against was a human heart/life. But I totally see the parallels with Anubis.

 

19 hours ago, Devianna said:

I am also very curious about the items of power displayed on the altar. We see the Duchess circlet, the Queen's crown and if I'm not mistaken - Harkon's sword? The Duchess skull crumbles in the vision which prophesies her possible demise (later confirmed by the Duchess herself). I wonder what the crown and the sword mean - are their owners still alive in the prophesy? Did they give up their powers in the acceptance of possible Molag Bal's return??

I don't know... maybe... the idea was that Nora places the Duchess' skull on the table, but I fail to show that cause there is no image the altar without the skull. But these three together rule the vampire Kingdom Nora is living in.

Technically Isabella is the queen, but Diana and Harkon are both Pure blood and each rule their own provinces with Isabella ruling High Rock and the Kingdom.

19 hours ago, Devianna said:

 I'm just speculating here, because I really liked the whole scene and it provided so many delicious mysteries to uncover.  Also I do not know of Persophine is a play on the name "Persephone" but if it is then it's a really clever idea! The role of the queen of the Underworld (the vampiric version) is something that would suit Nora.

:cool: Thanks! It's great when people find the little details. 

19 hours ago, Devianna said:

And on top of that, we get to find out that Nora has a brother! (Or might get one in the future) The plot thickens! ?

 

Incredible work! As always, thank you for sharing it with us! ?

 

Thank you very much!

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...