Jump to content

Chapter 8 Section 4 - Blood and Ash II


Alter Native

2,005 views

Blog Overview

C1T.pngC2T.pngC3T.pngC4T.pngC5T.pngC6T.pngC7T.pngC8T.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS1.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS2.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS3.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngS4.pngSEmpty.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngS5.pngSEmpty.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngS6.pngSEmpty.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngS7.pngSEmpty.pngS8.pngSEmpty.pngS8.pngS8.pngS8.pngS8.pngS8.pngSEmpty.pngS9.pngSEmpty.pngS9.pngS9.pngS9.pngS9.pngS9.pngSEmpty.pngS10.pngSEmpty.pngS10.pngSEmpty.pngS10.pngS10.pngS10.pngC9TC1.pngC9TC2.pngC10TC1.pngC10TC2.pngCET.pngCET.pngCET.pngCET.pngS1.pngS7.pngS1.pngS7.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS2.pngS8.pngS2.pngS8.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS3.pngS9.pngS3.pngS9.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS4.pngS10.pngS4.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS5.pngS11.pngS5.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngS6.pngS12.pngS6.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.pngSEmpty.png

 

 


Short Summary of the previous entries

 


In the beginning of Chapter 8 we learn about Nora's time in a vampire monastery at the foot of the red mountain in Morrowind (about 120 years ago). 

 

48871259342_dfe90bd6be_c.jpg
48871259042_01d5fc4255_c.jpg


 

A hostile environment, even for vampires, made even more hostile by the monastery's rules in order keep their beast nature in check and to focus everyone's energy on the study and teachings of blood magic. 

 

48871064606_b58ee070fa_c.jpg

 

Nora herself is trained and supervised by Master Jaten:

 

49195224957_abd41f6db5_c.jpg


We witness another masters of the monastery approaching Nora tasking her with killing one of the novices she is instructed to inaugurate into the monastery. He threatens to make her secret, forbidden love with Ahtar public. Ahtar himself is one of the higher monks, destined to become one of the masters himself.

 

48871063271_35902db07c_c.jpg
48871063171_630ca0f066_c.jpg

 

 

 

My blog overview page provides summaries of previous chapters, backgrounds and characters summaries.

 


Of Blood and Pleasure on 
Flickr
Twitter

 

 

Chapter 8 Section 4 - Blood and Ash II

 

 

 

 


49195034741_243d70786a_o.jpg
49194530603_b0884a5b7b_o.jpg
49194530528_c07dbbc126_o.jpg
49195227027_951b287581_o.jpg
49194530403_8b54850aa8_o.jpg
49195034236_cb6384d7b5_o.jpg
49194530248_15c9f5aff1_o.jpg
49195226657_704772cfed_o.jpg
49194530068_e5d07a8843_o.jpg
49195033856_29eb696b1c_o.jpg
49195033736_d686224431_o.jpg
49194529688_9309777524_o.jpg
49195033536_4fefe62628_o.jpg
49194529493_44d8d7c15f_o.jpg
49195033296_bf9d95cc1f_o.jpg
49195225807_254950eebe_o.jpg
49194529268_a2a66e6136_o.jpg
49195225677_97d988aa25_o.jpg
49194529153_577fa14d2d_o.jpg
49194529123_ba6f3a73a3_o.jpg
49195032991_398237ea05_o.jpg
49195032951_177328d9a3_o.jpg
49195032916_07a4be8404_o.jpg
49195032861_3354529d0b_o.jpg
49195032796_0238997356_o.jpg
49195225432_3bc81bfbc9_o.jpg
49195032741_6aba096b46_o.jpg
49195032696_339e93c011_o.jpg
49195225317_de2e228b39_o.jpg
49195032621_8c8b723996_o.jpg
49194528688_da2bbbcae1_o.jpg
49195225207_a56a09105b_o.jpg
49195032511_2c3ffb9a9a_o.jpg
49195032496_f46c4b3cf6_o.jpg
49194528553_acf65d1542_o.jpg
49194528518_e4a3fc21ef_o.jpg
49195225042_5445483777_o.jpg
49195032381_748f411f24_o.jpg
49195225007_de3f9d1c9d_o.jpg
49195032326_5aa9abc427_o.jpg
49195224957_37b5545c99_o.jpg
49194528293_d7cf5cc88d_o.jpg
49195032226_b69f2bac3f_o.jpg
49195032206_889500324a_o.jpg
49194528173_0fac936b03_o.jpg
49194528138_31f85465b4_o.jpg
49195032061_839c18243e_o.jpg
49195224742_dfe3974ef0_o.jpg
49194528023_7114c7083d_o.jpg
49195032011_578fee66b4_o.jpg
49194527943_cdbd43cec8_o.jpg
49195031921_00bb2abe7b_o.jpg
49195224577_0bb01c5419_o.jpg
49195031806_26f7392c0e_o.jpg
49195031776_cb64a6f7c9_o.jpg
49195031736_5046a66d24_o.jpg
49195031691_59846f7e5b_o.jpg
49194527678_3451ca5126_o.jpg
49195031561_d80b1a7fc3_o.jpg
49195031536_a459db421c_o.jpg
49195031496_2317499928_o.jpg
49195031471_e05093a8c3_o.jpg
49194527458_351a63eeec_o.jpg
49195223997_5be64e0043_o.jpg
49195223932_760ae753d1_o.jpg
49195223897_7eeb5fbd42_o.jpg
49194527293_6dea7545d0_o.jpg
49194527208_0c4963f0c2_o.jpg
49194527173_fb3e3f6246_o.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


49195223672_a277856c5d_o.jpg
49195031031_7fd9f9ec31_o.jpg
49195031001_e24c363643_o.jpg
49195030926_115249139a_o.jpg
49195030831_74c03c36db_o.jpg
49195223437_03e40c2f09_o.jpg
49194526763_f729722b47_o.jpg
49194526733_389cb7fe68_o.jpg
49195223332_43f2e249cd_o.jpg
49195223267_c328781866_o.jpg
49194526558_04e6d024c0_o.jpg
49195030521_319ab2fbca_o.jpg
49195030476_c055b31e23_o.jpg
49194526393_77d63de9b1_o.jpg
49194526313_c618595a74_o.jpg
49194526273_56bcd7d8f3_o.jpg
49195222977_f157c0a036_o.jpg
49195222937_1035cf6881_o.jpg
49194526088_46a2d678af_o.jpg
49195030171_873fc00da3_o.jpg
49195030091_aa98e459f7_o.jpg
49195030076_4cb6d56bd8_o.jpg
49194525953_4d46df9b77_o.jpg
49194525888_19cb12e4a3_o.jpg
49195222517_53aa85e7b1_o.jpg
49195029846_a32eec7238_o.jpg
49194525743_301c84fdfe_o.jpg
49195029761_27751af5e5_o.jpg
49195029726_0231edda07_o.jpg
49194525633_d0f606f19f_o.jpg
49195029591_f7f4e42b25_o.jpg
49195222252_53fac92823_o.jpg
49194525563_27907acaf7_o.jpg
49195222177_550e96f918_o.jpg
49195222122_151c713537_o.jpg
49195222087_4c583e3fda_o.jpg
49194525348_c0dac1af19_o.jpg
49194525323_05525b6e78_o.jpg
49195029281_2e6dbf72a2_o.jpg
49195221927_e331440f0c_o.jpg
49195221887_f7296fb2d4_o.jpg
49195221822_ac89d8fffe_o.jpg
49194525043_0633d2f68f_o.jpg
49195029041_1a363b4217_o.jpg
49195221687_5964b25e45_o.jpg
49194524953_5642cd8273_o.jpg
49194524893_dca89f7523_o.jpg
49195028871_58f5ce2f95_o.jpg
49195221442_4ea4287fb7_o.jpg
49194524748_3786a1402e_o.jpg
49195221417_d1961df5bf_o.jpg
49195028626_6c8a09ec06_o.jpg
49195028586_e3e73a0757_o.jpg
49195028516_fc337dc6a6_o.jpg
49195221192_0c08e44080_o.jpg
49195221157_5fc399d895_o.jpg
49194524423_95bdd6ce1f_o.jpg
49194524348_71deeebde8_o.jpg
49195028211_88a28036a9_o.jpg
49195220932_07b0dfa93e_o.jpg
49195220872_10415e10a1_o.jpg
49195028021_c039ac6bb6_o.jpg
49195027971_be6fae6b4c_o.jpg
49195220687_b25147ba5a_o.jpg
49195220637_4ddc7cc90f_o.jpg
49195027741_b25d5ccd1a_o.jpg
49195220482_0fe6cf63fa_o.jpg


Thanks for reading!
I know that all in all this wasn't the most eventful or exciting entry. As you can imagine things are going to unwind in the upcoming entry and I need more space, meaning a full section with something like 200 Screenshots for that.
So it'll come next time around Christmas and I think it'll be worth the wait. This also has been the third entry in a row without any meaningful erotic content (arguable Section 1 was pretty weak too). That's going to change as well with the next entry (and entries), but sometimes you just need some time to set things up. I know that not everyone is here for the story ;)... non story entries do get a lot more views.

 
 

 

 


 

Edited by Alter Native

13 Comments


Recommended Comments

I liked this one and I can't wait for the next entry. I like the way you actualy do setups for some erotic content it makes it somewhat more believeable.

 

Link to comment

Back to morrowind and the church of Bal ?

 

While the entry was not the most eventful, we saw a lot from the Molag Bal ritual, as well the dream aspect, in the actual lore vampires do have nightmares upon turning, so its fun to see returning here this way.

 

Blood magic training, and seems at least implied, horns and blood magic need actually the ritual to be casted and pass the trials. ?

 

Nora seems suprisingly interested in her struggle of the ritual, I thought she would be disinterested, but certainly intriguing, I wonder if she survive or no.

 

Anyway, great job and look forward for more. ?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, L0rd_Inquisitor said:

I liked this one and I can't wait for the next entry. I like the way you actualy do setups for some erotic content it makes it somewhat more believeable.

 

Thank you very much! The next one is coming some time during the Christmas break. 

2 hours ago, Resdayn said:

Back to morrowind and the church of Bal ?

 

While the entry was not the most eventful, we saw a lot from the Molag Bal ritual, as well the dream aspect, in the actual lore vampires do have nightmares upon turning, so its fun to see returning here this way.

 

Blood magic training, and seems at least implied, horns and blood magic need actually the ritual to be casted and pass the trials. ?

 

Nora seems suprisingly interested in her struggle of the ritual, I thought she would be disinterested, but certainly intriguing, I wonder if she survive or no.

 

Anyway, great job and look forward for more. ?

Thanks!

Her horns itself have nothing to do with the ritual, they just happen to appear around the time she was in that monastery (also they need some time to grow.) They are also already vampires when they take the ritual. It's merely something like a test some might not survive and vampires give it some kind of religious meaning.

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Alter Native said:

 

Thanks!

Her horns itself have nothing to do with the ritual, they just happen to appear around the time she was in that monastery (also they need some time to grow.) They are also already vampires when they take the ritual. It's merely something like a test some might not survive and vampires give it some kind of religious meaning.

 

 

Ahhh, thanks for clearing it.

 

Link to comment

I could stare at the screenshot of that chandelier for hours. ? It gives off an aura of grandeur mixed with mystery and sets the perfect mood for those chapters where Nora is in her castle.

 

As you know I'm one of the people who are here for the story (of course gorgeous and enticing screenshots are a huge bonus, but seriously - the story is great!) and with that being said - Yes!!! More of the monastery plot-line! ? I love how you showed the regenerative properties of drinking blood for the vampire. Poor Nora looks so haggard in the beginning due to her starvation and then she turns into her usual, flawless self after a bloody snack. 

 

After feeding your vampires are usually a bit sex-crazed. Was Nora unable to concentrate in the first part of her fight training because of the feelings of lust or because she was thinking about the evening and her assignment to kill the initiate? ?

 

Her declaration about growing horns was kind of adorable. Sort of like baby's first teeth. ? The constant glimpses of Molag Bal's mask on the wall when she talks about the horns and when she stabs the young vampire were also very nice and symbolic touches.

 

Now for the most curious part - the vampire kingdom?! Do we get to learn more about it later on? There seems to be a political subplot somewhere in the story with a certain faction getting rid of the royal descendants (or just that one vampire). Can't wait for more!

 

Thank you for the tremendous work that you put into these stories and for sharing them with us! ?

 

Link to comment

Ahhh, so we finally get the second chaper of Morrowind's vampire monastery. Liked the graphical ambiance just as much as the first one, with a delectable mix of dust, blood, shadows and fires. The present time part was also a treat in terms of visual, though I wonder if your current setup doesn't adds some grain of some sort. The blood magic training also felt great at first, yet it then concluded on what seemed like a regular vampiric drain cast. Great direction as always, with excellent ambiguities/thrills about Nora being able not to kill or not her feeding target, and about her sparing or not the initiate. Like the parallel about Hannah's situation and the monks onces, it was also an elegant way to introduce both of them. I didn't expected her to undergo the schemers orders though, but I guess it was a foreshadowing of her personality in that kind of situations, as Eric's case later told us. Anyway, excellently setup read, which completely made-up for the absence of sex scene in my eyes. Great entry ! :D?

 

Malicia : « Looks like she was training to put knives in others people's body, uh. She was already very meany. :classic_sleep: »

 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Devianna said:

I could stare at the screenshot of that chandelier for hours. ? It gives off an aura of grandeur mixed with mystery and sets the perfect mood for those chapters where Nora is in her castle.

Thanks, I try to establish certain recognizable images for specific locations of my story. For example you'll always see the two bloody goblets in her bedroom.

12 hours ago, Devianna said:

After feeding your vampires are usually a bit sex-crazed. Was Nora unable to concentrate in the first part of her fight training because of the feelings of lust or because she was thinking about the evening and her assignment to kill the initiate? ?

It's not just about being sex-crazed it's about your primitive animalistic instincts taking over, one of them is of course the sex drive, but in general they become irrational, hungry beasts and the more rational civilized  nature gets weaker. So it just gets harder for them to focus as that requires some level of self control and discipline. 

 

12 hours ago, Devianna said:

Her declaration about growing horns was kind of adorable. Sort of like baby's first teeth. ? The constant glimpses of Molag Bal's mask on the wall when she talks about the horns and when she stabs the young vampire were also very nice and symbolic touches.

Thanks, glad you like it :). I wanted to make clear why it's seen a virtue to grow horns as a vampire, which only some due, like Nora or the Queen (and others). It's not that common and typically those people are admired for that.

12 hours ago, Devianna said:

Now for the most curious part - the vampire kingdom?! Do we get to learn more about it later on? There seems to be a political subplot somewhere in the story with a certain faction getting rid of the royal descendants (or just that one vampire). Can't wait for more!

I'm not to happy about that part. I think I mentioned some time earlier in the story, that there are three kingdoms, not just the one Nora is living in, but for the story's sake I needed her to kill someone important and make her know about it, so him revealing his identity in a fever dream felt like a good idea, but I'm not to happy with that. 

12 hours ago, Devianna said:

Thank you for the tremendous work that you put into these stories and for sharing them with us! ?

 

Thank you :heart:

 

6 hours ago, Jayomms said:

Hey!... It's Good to have story content. :wink::thumbsup:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

Ahhh, so we finally get the second chaper of Morrowind's vampire monastery. Liked the graphical ambiance just as much as the first one, with a delectable mix of dust, blood, shadows and fires. The present time part was also a treat in terms of visual, though I wonder if your current setup doesn't adds some grain of some sort.

Most of these screenshots are pretty old. I think I had a problem with the black levels of my ENB or the transition between them, which is very noticable in this section... I'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

The blood magic training also felt great at first, yet it then concluded on what seemed like a regular vampiric drain cast.

As you know doing magic is pretty hard in stories, especially if you don't want to shoot in open combat. With just poses it's pretty much impossible to get a good magic fighting scene. Your best bet is probably posing them and afterwards photoshop the hell out of it. 

I only had to effects that kind of looked good, like the drain and this cone/blood shield... I would like to do more interesting stuff, but so far I'm lacking good methods to do that ingame. 

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

Great direction as always, with excellent ambiguities/thrills about Nora being able not to kill or not her feeding target, and about her sparing or not the initiate. Like the parallel about Hannah's situation and the monks onces, it was also an elegant way to introduce both of them.

That's why it took so long for the monastery plot to return, I needed the Hannah part from last section to introduce some of the elements properly. 

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

I didn't expected her to undergo the schemers orders though, but I guess it was a foreshadowing of her personality in that kind of situations, as Eric's case later told us. Anyway, excellently setup read, which completely made-up for the absence of sex scene in my eyes. Great entry ! :D?

Well I think by now we know that she does whatever it takes and what's best for herself. If that means undergoing the scheme then she does that. I'm not sure what other options there would have been. She could have probably talked to her master (Father) about that, but of course in that case her secret affair would have been reveled. Which would led to punishment for herself and Ahtar.

Even if she wouldn't mind her own the punishment that much and could endure it, Ahtar would have been in serious trouble. He's supposed to ascend to a Master himself (he's a monk of a higher rang) and breaking the rules that openly would have much more serious consequences for him. I think I mentioned that at some point in the last entry (Section 1), but I might not have been entirely clear on that and I also can't expect people to know that after 6 weeks....

But yes, the situation is a bit more tricky and I think it's totally in character for her to murder that guy.

 

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

Malicia : « Looks like she was training to put knifes in others people's body, uh. She was already very meany. :classic_sleep: »

She was already pretty meany before she was training to put knifes in other people's body ;) .

Link to comment

Excellent work.  I still love Nora very much. I think I can understand why is she the way she is but I will not write it because I might be misunderstood. However, I love her and I like her :)

Link to comment

Damn thats cool. Amazing lights and surroundings. I'm just mad of this Bal church!
Guess significant amount of psychotrauma can be received, if one pases throu all that stuff that Nora have passed.

Tho it seems I missed something and didn't fully understand Nora motives when she killed that guy...

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

Excellent work.  I still love Nora very much. I think I can understand why is she the way she is but I will not write it because I might be misunderstood. However, I love her and I like her :)

Thank you very much!

23 minutes ago, Crw said:

Damn thats cool. Amazing lights and surroundings. I'm just mad of this Bal church!
Guess significant amount of psychotrauma can be received, if one pases throu all that stuff that Nora have passed.

Tho it seems I missed something and didn't fully understand Nora motives when she killed that guy...

Thanks. The monestary is supposed to be tough and hard. In a way it needs to be scaled to my vampires that are tough (maybe not mentally but at least physically).

The motive for her killing the guy was somewhat explained in chapter 8 section 1 which was about 6 weeks ago, so it's understandable that it's easy too miss.

Check my answer to Tirloque for details.

 

Link to comment

Nora has such a diverse backstory. Every glimpse into her past reveals more of who she is and I just love how complex she is. I'm really excited to discover more of Nora's religious views. You've got me hooked! :D

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Collygon said:

Nora has such a diverse backstory. Every glimpse into her past reveals more of who she is and I just love how complex she is. I'm really excited to discover more of Nora's religious views. You've got me hooked! :D

Thank you very much :). We'll have a bit more backstory before we go back to red haired Nora ;) .

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...