[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 21st/January/2024).

Thank you so much for this guide.

I've been modding for quite a while now and I've been getting back into FO4 again with a game that is slightly buggy. This guide help me fix those bugs and that pesky BT2 erection glitch I've been having. It's honestly hard to navigate what patches you need and in what order when there's multiples of the same patches out there. But everything is working great!

I'd like to suggest that the following

(This is MO2's MOD Order aswell!).

actually be something like..

(This is MO2's MOD Order As Well... (left side / install order)

reason.. there are new people to MO2 and they might get confused and think it is the "load order" which is on the right side (actual load order)

(of course assuming this is the install order based on the selection of mods etc, If I am wrong please forgive. Also please forgive my suggestion if you decide otherwise)

Also, if you don't mind.. I might add a few of your FAQ to my guide (with appropriate credit of course :D) if you don't mind.

8 hours ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

I would suggest you put a referral in for people who don't use bodyslide.Refer them to a video by gamerpoet, gopher, dirty weasel, someone like that who explains how to use bodyslide and outfit studio. Not everybody knows how to use those since they were not required for sexlab to work.

@ANGRYWOLVERINE   This is NOT a dig at YOU )

Well IF people actually Read the install instructions of the mods they download blindly. Other mod author's  wouldn't have to include them and spend more time talking about other peoples mods  on their mod/guide page. And it's all because people can't be bothered to Look and Read before Downloading Mods.

There is a link to a video on how to use Bodyslide on the Description page on nexus (the page before the download page) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25 .

16 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I'd like to suggest that the following

actually be something like..

(This is MO2's MOD Order As Well... (left side / install order)

reason.. there are new people to MO2 and they might get confused and think it is the "load order" which is on the right side (actual load order)

(of course assuming this is the install order based on the selection of mods etc, If I am wrong please forgive. Also please forgive my suggestion if you decide otherwise)

Also, if you don't mind.. I might add a few of your FAQ to my guide (with appropriate credit of course :D) if you don't mind.

Yup, fair enough. It is for the left side, editing now. Nice catch, thanks!

That's why i said "MOD Order" and not "PLUGIN Order" but i'll add it just in case!

Regarding FAQ, go ahead, i don't mind ^^

On 3/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, Disturbed_Flux said:

Thank you so much for this guide.

I've been modding for quite a while now and I've been getting back into FO4 again with a game that is slightly buggy. This guide help me fix those bugs and that pesky BT2 erection glitch I've been having. It's honestly hard to navigate what patches you need and in what order when there's multiples of the same patches out there. But everything is working great!

Glad to hear that, cheers!

9 hours ago, SayKoRn said:

Yup, fair enough. It is for the left side, editing now. Nice catch, thanks!

That's why i said "MOD Order" and not "PLUGIN Order" but i'll add it just in case!

Regarding FAQ, go ahead, i don't mind ^^

Sorry, I know what you meant and most will.. however, .. there are those few that ... get confused etc. Always willing to help. I am happy that there is someone that tames AAF using Vortex.

Just have to get off my lazy alien ass to add some of them to my guide. Which isn't in a specific order of installation and such ;) just in case someone is reading. For order and conflict rules.. read this one.

12 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Sorry, I know what you meant and most will.. however, .. there are those few that ... get confused etc. Always willing to help. I am happy that there is someone that tames AAF using Vortex.

Just have to get off my lazy alien ass to add some of them to my guide. Which isn't in a specific order of installation and such ;) just in case someone is reading. For order and conflict rules.. read this one.

Vortex is my bitch ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, comradebillyboy said:

In my previous play through I had most things working pretty well. So I set up my new new game to incorporate your guidance. Now everything appears to be working almost perfectly. My thanks to you and all the modders who keep FO4 worth playing after all these years.

Glad to hear that, although i'm concerned by "almost perfectly".

If it's AAF related, come by the AAF discord, we'll fix it right up.

On 3/15/2020 at 3:57 PM, 1234789 said:

So ditch VIS or VIS-G...is there any sorting mod we can use that won't mess things up?

Both VIS and VIS-G consume resources like crazy, couple it with AAF and other resource heavy stuff and you'll CTD. At least that's my understanding.

Bhaal's Better Sorting is a neat replacement.

5 hours ago, SayKoRn said:

Both VIS and VIS-G consume resources like crazy, couple it with AAF and other resource heavy stuff and you'll CTD. At least that's my understanding.

Bhaal's Better Sorting is a neat replacement.

I am fiddling with my load order, but I will probably be using Ruddy88's Simple Sorter. It needs FO4Edit and the installation process requires a bit advanced user, but it does not need ANY patch (well, it actually creates one:-) ).

I'm very confused when it comes to BodyTalk. I use CBBE, and BodyTalk requires ZCBP - OCBP Configs for ZeX Bodies (BT - Fusion Girl), which in turn requires OCBP Physics, except the last mod has two versions, one for CBBE and one for FusionGirl/BodyTalk. So, is CBBE and BodyTalk incompatible? If not, which one of these do I have to use? Both the one for CBBE, and the one for FG/BT, even though I obviously don't use Fusion Girl? I currently use EVB which I believe is included in One Patch To Bang Them All, so do I have to ditch that? I also use CPB physics with the MTM CPB presets, so I'm guessing I'd have to ditch those as well? This is really, really confusing.

9 hours ago, shunter said:

I'm very confused when it comes to BodyTalk. I use CBBE, and BodyTalk requires ZCBP - OCBP Configs for ZeX Bodies (BT - Fusion Girl), which in turn requires OCBP Physics, except the last mod has two versions, one for CBBE and one for FusionGirl/BodyTalk. So, is CBBE and BodyTalk incompatible? If not, which one of these do I have to use? Both the one for CBBE, and the one for FG/BT, even though I obviously don't use Fusion Girl? I currently use EVB which I believe is included in One Patch To Bang Them All, so do I have to ditch that? I also use CPB physics with the MTM CPB presets, so I'm guessing I'd have to ditch those as well? This is really, really confusing.

You can use cbp physics with bodytalk

On 3/19/2020 at 7:02 PM, shunter said:

I for one use a combination of CBBE+BodyTalk+ZeX+OCBPC+MTM Preset for CBBE.

The only "downside" to this is that male genitals won't bounce but females will have bounce.

You could use either:

#1 CBBE+BodyTalk+ZeX+OCBP/OCBPC+MTM Preset (male genitals won't bounce)

#2 FG+BodyTalk+ZeX+OCBP/OCBPC+MTM Preset (male genitals will bounce)

That's pretty much it.

Edited by Saya Scarlett
Outdated setup. Updated for current standards.