[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Can't get my main character to undress neither during sex or while undressing from pipboy. It did work while building the character when starting the main game it shows with underwear.

Using vortex and have followed the list of mods from the list as best as possible

any ideas what I have done wrong?

1 hour ago, cyberterror said:

Can't get my main character to undress neither during sex or while undressing from pipboy. It did work while building the character when starting the main game it shows with underwear.

Using vortex and have followed the list of mods from the list as best as possible

Did you build naked body in Bodyslide?

2 hours ago, cyberterror said:

Just my thoughts.

AFF has options during install where you can determine if you want completely undressed or partial or none.

And yes, as @rubber_duck mentioned. Check if you ran Bodyslides on your character.

7 hours ago, cyberterror said:

When you build in BodySlide, only build the nude body replacer. Whichever body you build last is the one which will be used in the game, as they each overwrite the same meshes.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, Saya Scarlett said:

THIS GUIDE UNDERGOES CONSTANT CHANGES, SO MAKE SURE TO CHECK IT AGAIN ONCE IN A WHILE

PLEASE READ [EVERYTHING] CAREFULLY.

This is a Cheatsheet / Guide i made for myself at first but then decided to make it public in AAF discord as an up-to-date guide for an Adult AAF Setup, specifically.

Since a lot of guides in here are a bit outdated and i'm a troubleshooter in AAF Discord (thanks to dagoba_king) i'll be keeping this updated as things change and update.

Should i leave the scene, this will be edited and re-tagged as [OLD] to avoid any confusion.

This guide isn't meant to be pretty. It's meant to be clear, effective and as foolproof as possible. It's had a lot of success in AAF's Discord Server thus far and i've been asked to post it here.

2127328202_Linetranslong.png.1c2fdadb73e379513da30bd28c72fc7f.png

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

We are NOT responsible for ANY kind of support received from random users in this thread, unless it's someone from the AAF staff (Me, Nebuchadnezzer2, Dagoba, EgoBallistic, etc) but this thread is NOT monitored to offer said support.

AAF Discord link: https://discord.gg/B95qTEn

With all that said, we HIGHLY SUGGEST you use either Vortex or MO2 as your mod manager.

We will NOT be providing support for Nexus Mod Manager or manually installed mods.

Seems a lot of people jump into modding without knowing a single thing about it so...

BEFORE YOU EVEN START:

Begin by looping this song first and offer your prayers to our lord and savior, Todd.

Enable modding in Fallout 4

Open the following file:

If Vortex -> Documents/mygames/Fallout4 -> Fallout4Custom.ini

If MO2 -> MO2's .ini editor -> Fallout4Custom.ini

And add these 3 lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Advanced Animation Framework Downloads & Requirements

Links list below is MOD Order (MO2's left panel / Vortex rules), NOT plugin order.

Install ALL mods marked as (REQUIRED)

This includes SKIPPING ANY/ALL PATCHES/MODS LISTED AND/OR LINKED ON THEIR OWN MOD PAGES.

ONLY USE VERSIONS LISTED BELOW, unless otherwise specified that it's safe to use newer versions.

Basic Requirements

• #1 F4SE vLatest (REQUIRED) (Picture far down below on how to install F4SE manually because the way the archive is packaged, Vortex at least might screw up its installation.)
  • #2 Bodyslide vLatest (REQUIRED)
  • #3 LooksMenu 1.6.18 (REQUIRED) (Any version above breaks erections. DON'T press C in character creation. Undress after vault, 'slm 14' in console.)
  • #4 BodyTalk v3.15 (Direct Link) OR Atomic Muscle v1.5.2 (REQUIRED) (For Atomic Muscle, you'll need to install the Texture requirements listed in its mod page.)
  • #5 CBBE v2.6.3 OR Fusion Girl (REQUIRED) (If you insist on using CBBE/3BBB+CBBE KneeFix with a femalePC, use GSS and This "Fix" so synths don't break)
  • #6 ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) 4.0 (REQUIRED) - (MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING IS OVERWRITING THIS) [Download is called 3.5 but it's actually 4.0]
  • #7 Buffout 4 vLatest (REQUIRED) [And requirements: Address Library (Install in mod manager), xSE Preloader and TBB from Buffout's downloads (Install these two MANUALLY) ] (Proper Buffout 4 installation instructions below)
  • #8 ZaZOut4 [REPACK] v0.0.3.1 (OPTIONAL) [Make sure NOT to get the old one. Get the REPACK one]
  • #9 Torture Devices v2.2 Beta 3 (OPTIONAL)
  • #10 Vioxsis Strap-ons v5.0.0 (REQUIRED) (For Lesbian Animations)
  • #11 Advanced Animation Framework v164.0beta (REQUIRED) (From now on, latest version will be in Moddingham. Nexus will not mirror latest versions.)
  • #12 Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme v210819.0 (REQUIRED)

Animation Packs

Patches

• #27 (UAP) Ultimate AAF Patch v2.6.43 (REQUIRED) (Also requires Buffout 4.) [Now includes F+F XMLs] (Use ONLY this, if you don't use Hardship mod.)
  • #28 Staged Leito Plus 1.0.7 (OPTIONAL) [VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT: REQUIRED ONLY if Hardship is installed. If you plan on using this patch, make sure to disable/uncheck Leito Animation Pack from UAP's installation. Includes F+F XMLs] 

At least #11 to #28 should be at the VERY BOTTOM OF YOUR MOD ORDER IN MO2, JUST ABOVE OVERWRITE.

Minimum requirements for working AAF:

AAF + Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme + 1 Animation Mod

Installation Process:

1. Install 'Basic Requirements' listed above.
  2. Install desired animation packs.
  3. Install Ultimate AAF Patch (Uncheck/Don't check FO4 Animations by Leito if you're going to use Staged Leito Plus)
  4. Move (MO2's left panel) / Rule (Vortex mod rules) after everything it conflicts with.
  5. Install Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix if Leito's Animation Pack and/or Hardship mod is/are installed
  6. Move (MO2's left panel) / Rule (Vortex mod rules) after everything above, UAP and/or Hardship included.

Skip/Scrap these mods/patches (INCOMPATIBILITIES)

Patches

• Indarello's 'Patch for animations (Squirt/Cum Effects, cum/tattoo overlays, stages, fixes)'
  • One Patch to Rule/Bang Them All
  • AJ's XMLs
  • Polistiro's AAF patches for Crazy and Leito Animations
  • FO4 Animations by Leito - Voice Fix 1.1
  • AAF Overlay Patches (CumNWealth_Base and CumNWealth_insert animation pack name here.)

Mods

• ANYTHING Four-Play [except Leito and Crazy animation packs themselves, those are fine].
  • aSexMod [Can't believe i have to add this but people still download it...]
  • Any other Theme that isn't the one listed in this guide. D'uh.
  • Bad Dragon Radio [Ships with outdated F4SE scripts and will break anything running on them.]
  • Better Locational Damage [Apparently it messes with skeletons somehow but placing it very low in plugin order fixes the issue it causes.]
  • Cute Preset [Apparently, the author decided to ship EVERYTHING with the preset, including the fucking CBBE Knee Fix which breaks ZaZ Extended Skeleton.]
  • Dog Love [No.]
  • Dongs of Fallout [Absolutely no.]
  • Gendered Specific Skeleton [IF you can set it up working properly, go ahead.]
  • Private Profile Redirector F4 - Faster Game Start (INI File Cacher) [Royally fucks with INI files. Avoid like the fucking plague.]
  • Race Customizer [Just.. Nope.]
  • RSEII_Brothels [It will eventually break your save. This mod is broken beyond repair, Flashy's own words.]
  • Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE - KneeFix [Conflicts with ZaZ Extended Skeleton. READ NOTE ABOUT THIS ABOVE IN #5]
  • 3BBB if using CBBE [Requires Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE, and thus, it's incompatible. READ NOTE ABOUT THIS ABOVE IN #5]
  • Unique NPC's/Followers series of mods [AAF is now compatible with Unique Player, not the others.]

Other LoversLab mod downloads

Gameplay/Utility

EgoBallistic's Mods

Invictusblade's Mods

twistedtrebla's Mods

Tentacus's Mods

Flashy's Mods

• RSEII Framework & Mods (Skip Brothels entirely as it WILL break your game and cause CTD on Save. Only use Shenanigans if you save regularly as it CAN and WILL pull actors for scenes from conversations you're having and break something.)

Anghelos92's Mods

• Magno Cum Gaudio (M.C.G.) (This mod conflicts with a lot of other typical AAF related mods. Be sure to deactivate some of its systems that do what others mods do. MCG Respawn System OR AAF Violate + RSEII_CSA + Combat Strip Lite. MCG NPC Initiative System OR Sex Harassment. MCG Wear & Tear System OR Sex Attributes and Sex Attributes HUD.)

Jahem_Kinkaid's Mods

Megururu's Mods

Ignotum_Virum's Mods

Roggvir's Mods

luisthird's Mods

Akor's Mods

Quests

JB's mods

pepertje's Mods

Stobor's Mods

Items

Kharos's Mods

Kimy's Mods

Akor's Mods

Nebuchadnezzer2's Mods

EgoBallistic's Mods

Konata Inoue's Mods

darkconsole's Mods

LordEscobar's Mods

JB's Mods

AlexW95's Mods

• Stripper Pole (Works with Savage Cabbage's pole animations and can even assign NPC's to it.)

Oakern's Mods

Overlays

Nebuchadnezzer2's Mods

JB's Mods

InvictusBlade's Mods

Outfits

Lionel Rossi's Mods

Companions

Reginald_001's Mods

Poses

Kziitd's Mods

Others

Gray User's Mods

• NSFW Sound Pack (Mod order in MO2's left panel / Rules in Vortex should be after UAP)

Rennex's Mods

Comics/Posters/Billboards/Art

Mods from the Nexus (And/or mods that moved out and are mirrored somewhere else)

Poses

Comics/Posters/Billboards/Art

Physics

More mods to be added.

Some self troubleshooting for you to try

"NO_F4$E"

• F4SE installed incorrectly or modding not enabled in Fallout4Custom.ini.

Infinite Black Loading Screen

• This is very likely and in most cases, a pop up from some mod loading in faster than your game. Usually AAF's popup when installed, cheat terminal's popup and/or others. This happens because the game's pop ups (Not to confuse with the notifications on the top left of the screen) pause the game itself. Simply press Enter key a couple times to 'confirm' the popups and let the game fully load.

Problems with using the "Home" key in AAF

• The game needs to be run at least once through steam (not your mod manager) so that proper files are created.
  • AAF was never properly installed in the first place: When starting the game for the first time there will be a dialogue (pop up message after character creation) after all the mods have initialized, showing that AAF has properly started. For the "stuck at 30%" see below.
  • Home is hidden behind a function key, usually labeled as [FN].
  • Another mod has registered the use of this key (A mod conflict).
  • Non-standard / broken keyboard.
  • UI mods interfering with AAF.

AAF Force Start command

• Open console (usually the `/~ key found on the upper left of the keyboard).
  • Type in: stopquest aaf_mainquest.
  • Exit console. Wait 5 seconds. Open console again.
  • Type: startquest aaf_mainquest.
  • Exit console.

Missing rufgt's Animations.esp

• Probably have AAF SEU XML Addon installed, which has Animation XMLs in it asking for that .ESP.

Naked NPC Spawning when pressing HOME

• Uninstall Dongs of Fallout, it's incompatible with AAF. Replace with BodyTalk or Atomic Muscle.

Skeleton Problems

• ZaZOut or CBBE Knee Fix installed along with ZaZ Extended Skeleton. Remove them and keep ZaZ Extended Skeleton only.

[061] No available Actors found within the scan range

• Missing patch(es) for custom race, incorrectly installed AAF and its mods and/or no animations installed at all.

Removing transition due to error

• Mod Order (MO2's left panel) / Vortex Rules issue.

AAF ERROR | Animation ID XXX not found

• Missing animations.
  • Animation Id not found often is also a file load order issue, often when there are patches for animations and one of them is different version than the other.

AAF ERROR | AnimationGroup ID XXX not found

• Probably incompatible patch and/or fucked XML files.

Actor Scaling

• Scaling can be enabled in AAF\AAF_settings.ini and in Atomic Lust installer.

AAF UI fonts look like blocks

• A mod is likely modifying UI fonts and should be removed. One such example would be 'ModoFonto - Classic Fallout 4 and New Vegas Fonts'-.

Installing F4SE Manually

950408164_F4SE2.png.1a6b954ade6d8bfb87fd62016fe6c4d4.png

Buffout 4 Installation

Requirements:

Incompatibilities:

• Achievement enablers (Already built into Buffout4)

Installation:

1. Install the xSE PluginPreloader manually into Fallout 4's main folder where the Fallout4.exe is located.
  2. Change its loading mechanic by editing xSE PluginPreloader.xml (With Notepad++) and then changing the value of LoadMethod to OnThreadAttach.
  3. Install TBB manually into Fallout 4's main folder where the Fallout4.exe is located.
  4. Install Buffout4 and the Address Library via mod manager.

image.png.93f9df6922f24aa46b7d259520af7bab.png

Dependencies:

• Install/repair the MS VC++ ("2015, 2017 and 2019" - first downloads) runtimes 32bit[x86] AND 64bit[x64] in this order (first x86, then x64).

1109106600_VCRedist.JPG.c766e1c3db1066f0eba056be7312d2e5.JPG

Credits for proper Buffout 4 install instructions:

The whole AAF Team who built these up and tweaked over time for them to be perfect.

If you made it this far, slowly making your way down the guide.. congratulations.

You should now have a fully working AAF Adult Setup.

https://static.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/1460428795_00header.jpg.17f4dc8ee088babb936ca9030432fdc4.jpg

Credits

To all the modder's whose mods are linked to in this guide

@Akor Mods.

@anghelos92 Mods.

@bp70 Animations.

@CGi Tools.

@Crazy6987 Animations.

@dagobaking AAF itself.

@darkconsole Mods.
@EgoBallistic Mods.

@Farelle Animations.

@Gray User Animations.
@Halstrom Themes.

@ignotum_virum Mods.

@Invictusblade Mods.

@Jahem_kinkaid Mods.

@JB. Mods.

@Kharos Mods.

@Kimy Mods.

@Konata Inoue Mods.

@Leito86 Animations and resources.

@megururu Mods.

@Nebuchadnezzer2 Mods.

@Reginald_001 Mods.

@Roggvir Mods.

@Rufgt Animations.

@SavageCabbage Animations.

@Tentacus Mods.

@twistedtrebla Mods.

@Ulfbearth Ultimate AAF Patch and Atomic Muscle Body.

@Vader666 Mods.

To those in AAF Discord that helped with my cheat sheet, which later became this guide and those who provide support when issues came up.

And to those that continue to support, give advice and find compatible / incompatible / problematic mods.

Azrael in AAF Discord for discovering a rather problematic mod now listed under Incompatibilities.

Gishy Fishy AAF Discord Support.

@Nebuchadnezzer2 AAF Discord Support.

@Nharra AAF Discord Support.

@RitualClarity Guide suggestions and AAF Discord Support.

@SilverPerv Previous needed patches and AAF Discord Support.

Which surrender function do you recommend? Sexemup or aaf violate?

53 minutes ago, Cyrodiil_Sword said:

Which surrender function do you recommend? Sexemup or aaf violate?

They each have benefits and drawbacks. I use Violate for combat surrender mainly because it's got lots more features I enjoy, but with that added complexity comes more you need to think about and configure.

For some reason all my male characters are now staying flaccid during sex.  I use Bodytalk 3.15 hotfix, and it only started happening recently.  Looking through my recent downloads I don't see anything that should have affected the AAF (New Faces for Raiders, FG 1.85, FG vanilla cloths conversion, etc.).  Where would I start to figure out the source of this issue.  I have over 200 mods and I really don't want to turn them off and back on one at a time to see where the problem lies (unless that really is the only way). 

16 hours ago, bloodbus said:

This guide was misleading at one specific and very important part. The specified version of looksmenu doesn't work at all. I switched to the newest version of looksmenu and everything started to work as intended. Super irritating

What? Are you saying that LM 1.6.20 (latest version available on Nexus) works fine with AAF and related mods? Does it break morphs?

I'm running 1.6.18, as recommended in this guide, and everything's running fine. I do experience occasional CTDs because of LM - when loading certain presets the game crashes (not a huge deal, but still a bit annoying).

5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

What? Are you saying that LM 1.6.20 (latest version available on Nexus) works fine with AAF and related mods? Does it break morphs?

I've been using 1.6.20 (and 1.6.19 before that) since they day they were released and haven't seen new problems with penis morphs, but apparently some people have (hence the reason for the recommendation in the guide to stick with 1.6.18). It's possible there's some additional mod interaction in the mix which is preventing me from seeing the problem, or something performance-related with my system, or possibly I'm just blind and don't notice whatever the problems are others are experiencing. It's easy enough to test it out for yourself, but if you do see problems with 1.6.20 which you didn't with 1.6.18 then some detailed explanation of what you do see could help.

5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I do experience occasional CTDs because of LM - when loading certain presets the game crashes (not a huge deal, but still a bit annoying).

Are you using Buffout 4? If so, is the F4EE fixes patch enabled in its config?

9 hours ago, computerguy13 said:

For some reason all my male characters are now staying flaccid during sex.  I use Bodytalk 3.15 hotfix, and it only started happening recently.  Looking through my recent downloads I don't see anything that should have affected the AAF (New Faces for Raiders, FG 1.85, FG vanilla cloths conversion, etc.).  Where would I start to figure out the source of this issue.  I have over 200 mods and I really don't want to turn them off and back on one at a time to see where the problem lies (unless that really is the only way). 

Did you reinstall BT3 recently and forget to rebuild the body with morphs in BodySlide afterward?

Also, you may have more luck asking for help in the AAF Discord, per the big notice at the top of the manual.

10 minutes ago, AAFGM12 said:

why the player will change to  male body when any animation begins. It s normal cbbe body when walk and run. andhow to change the male body nude,please

From the top of the manual:

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

We are NOT responsible for ANY kind of support received from random users in this thread, unless it's someone from the AAF staff (Me, Nebuchadnezzer2, Dagoba, EgoBallistic, etc) but this thread is NOT monitored to offer said support.

AAF Discord link: https://discord.gg/B95qTEn

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I've been using 1.6.20 (and 1.6.19 before that) since they day they were released and haven't seen new problems with penis morphs, but apparently some people have (hence the reason for the recommendation in the guide to stick with 1.6.18). It's possible there's some additional mod interaction in the mix which is preventing me from seeing the problem, or something performance-related with my system, or possibly I'm just blind and don't notice whatever the problems are others are experiencing. It's easy enough to test it out for yourself, but if you do see problems with 1.6.20 which you didn't with 1.6.18 then some detailed explanation of what you do see could help.

Are you using Buffout 4? If so, is the F4EE fixes patch enabled in its config?

Well that's interesting... I can't remember the last version of LM I've used since I just recently started with Fallout 4 and mods (took a 10 month break from the game), and when I got back this guide recommended 1.6.18 so I didn't even bother downloading 1.6.20.

Yes, I'm using Buffout 4 and the F4EE fixes patch is disabled in its config (I've disabled it since I run the older version of LM). Basically what happens is when starting a new game loading certain presets immediately crash the game (about 90% of all my presets). The other 10% load up normally and work. I've since found a fix to this - start the new save using the default preset and then after about 24 in-game hours (or better yet - restarting the game) changing the preset by using 'slm 14' command. This allows me to load up most of my presets, but still there are a few of them that crash the game. I don't know whether it's the preset issue - could be that I'm missing some of the required mods, but if that's the case the preset should load, but it would look different than it should. Any ideas?

I don't know what to do now. I'm using MO2 so I might try LM 1.6.20 this weekend. If everything works as it should I'll stick to it. Else, I'll revert back to 1.6.18.

As for the mods, I have quite a few of them. Almost every mod mentioned in this guide, in fact. So I'm not sure if changing the LM will break things.

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Well that's interesting... I can't remember the last version of LM I've used since I just recently started with Fallout 4 and mods (took a 10 month break from the game), and when I got back this guide recommended 1.6.18 so I didn't even bother downloading 1.6.20.

Yes, I'm using Buffout 4 and the F4EE fixes patch is disabled in its config (I've disabled it since I run the older version of LM). Basically what happens is when starting a new game loading certain presets immediately crash the game (about 90% of all my presets). The other 10% load up normally and work. I've since found a fix to this - start the new save using the default preset and then after about 24 in-game hours (or better yet - restarting the game) changing the preset by using 'slm 14' command. This allows me to load up most of my presets, but still there are a few of them that crash the game. I don't know whether it's the preset issue - could be that I'm missing some of the required mods, but if that's the case the preset should load, but it would look different than it should. Any ideas?

I don't know what to do now. I'm using MO2 so I might try LM 1.6.20 this weekend. If everything works as it should I'll stick to it. Else, I'll revert back to 1.6.18.

As for the mods, I have quite a few of them. Almost every mod mentioned in this guide, in fact. So I'm not sure if changing the LM will break things.

I don't think there are any mods assuming specific LM versions (except the F4EE patch in Buffout 4 which claims to be specifically addressing issues in 1.6.20). Newer LM does fix the rather obnoxious crash with its remove clothing feature, at least. As for what might break, I wouldn't expect anything other than maybe the aforementioned penis morph problem. You'll want to turn on the F4EE patch in Buffout 4 though, in order to get its fixes.

There was an F4EE patch Buffout 4 applied to LM 1.6.18 back when it was current, because (if memory serves) it LM 1.6.18 was causing crashes with Buffout 4's replacement memory manager. They seem to have dropped those fixes though when they were baked into later LM releases, on the assumption that all Buffout 4 users are running with latest LM (if using LM at all).

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I don't think there are any mods assuming specific LM versions (except the F4EE patch in Buffout 4 which claims to be specifically addressing issues in 1.6.20). Newer LM does fix the rather obnoxious crash with its remove clothing feature, at least. As for what might break, I wouldn't expect anything other than maybe the aforementioned penis morph problem. You'll want to turn on the F4EE patch in Buffout 4 though, in order to get its fixes.

There was an F4EE patch Buffout 4 applied to LM 1.6.18 back when it was current, because (if memory serves) it LM 1.6.18 was causing crashes with Buffout 4's replacement memory manager. They seem to have dropped those fixes though when they were baked into later LM releases, on the assumption that all Buffout 4 users are running with latest LM (if using LM at all).

So you're suggesting that I enable the patch even though I'm running 1.6.18?

I will install 1.6.20 and try it out a bit (when I update, do I 'Merge' or 'Replace' mod in MO2? I just recently started using it). Also, once I update to 1.6.20, I should enable the patch from Buffout 4, right?

One more thing (that I just cannot understand)... The mentioned 'breaking morphs' - those affect all male NPCs? My character is female, and so are all the LM presets. If I built a male body in Bodyslide (BodyTalk 3), why is LM such a big deal? I mean, I get it that in LM you can choose body overlays and shape, but aren't the morphs like hard-coded to the game once the body has been built?

Edited by rubber_duck
10 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

So you're suggesting that I enable the patch even though I'm running 1.6.18?

Not suggesting that at all, just saying that there were memory corruption issues known when combining LM 1.6.18 with Buffout 4 which I believe resulted in CTDs, and so an optional F4EE patch was added to Buffout 4 in order to address those. Those memory alignment fixes were integrated into a later LM release so Buffout 4 dropped the patch, but then when new bugs ("exploding heads" was how it was described) cropped up with LM 1.6.20, Buffout 4 added a new optional F4EE patch for that problem.

What I'm saying is that your crashes could be related to the earlier problem in LM 1.6.18 when used in conjunction with Buffout 4, so upgrading to LM 1.6.20 might resolve them.

I will install 1.6.20 and try it out a bit (when I update, do I 'Merge' or 'Replace' mod in MO2? I just recently started using it).

I expect you want to "replace" but I don't know for sure since I use Vortex. I do uninstall earlier LM when I install a new version of it, so that's probably the same thing as MO2's replace function?

Also, once I update to 1.6.20, I should enable the patch from Buffout 4, right?

Yes, if you're using LM 1.6.20 and latest Buffout 4 then you're going to want to enable the F4EE patch option in its config.

One more thing (that I just cannot understand)... The mentioned 'breaking morphs' - those affect all male NPCs? My character is female, and so are all the LM presets. If I built a male body in Bodyslide (BodyTalk 3), why is LM such a big deal? I mean, I get it that in LM you can choose body overlays and shape, but aren't the morphs like hard-coded to the game once the body has been built?

I don't really understand your question, morphs are applied in-game when the body is deformed or reshaped, for example distending the abdomen in pregnancy mods, or a penis growing erect for sex and then going flaccid again after.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Not suggesting that at all, just saying that there were memory corruption issues known when combining LM 1.6.18 with Buffout 4 which I believe resulted in CTDs, and so an optional F4EE patch was added to Buffout 4 in order to address those. Those memory alignment fixes were integrated into a later LM release so Buffout 4 dropped the patch, but then when new bugs ("exploding heads" was how it was described) cropped up with LM 1.6.20, Buffout 4 added a new optional F4EE patch for that problem.

What I'm saying is that your crashes could be related to the earlier problem in LM 1.6.18 when used in conjunction with Buffout 4, so upgrading to LM 1.6.20 might resolve them.

I expect you want to "replace" but I don't know for sure since I use Vortex. I do uninstall earlier LM when I install a new version of it, so that's probably the same thing as MO2's replace function?

Yes, if you're using LM 1.6.20 and latest Buffout 4 then you're going to want to enable the F4EE patch option in its config.

I don't really understand your question, morphs are applied in-game when the body is deformed or reshaped, for example distending the abdomen in pregnancy mods, or a penis growing erect for sex and then going flaccid again after.

Right, sorry for misunderstanding.

Anyways, I've updated to 1.6.20 and don't see any issues with it. The notorious morphs are working for me (just to clarify - people were reporting issues with said morphs because during animations the penis didn't go up or down, or was it something else?) Don't really understand the morphs lol

I will test 1.6.20 a bit more later today, but so far I didn't notice anything game-breaking.

About my question... Basically I don't understand the connection between body morphs (building body with morphs in Bodyslide) and LooksMenu - one is for body, the other is for the face and overlays. Why would LM cause problems with morphs? Might be difficult question, and I'm sorry for that, but I just can't seem to understand?

Edited by rubber_duck
missing 's'
On 2/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Can confirm: Works wonderfully, provided you actually stick to it.

All it bloody takes is one slightly out-of-order mod/plugin... :|

Sorry to ask I'm sure I'm blind but I'm new to installing fallout 4 stuff from this website I've always and only used either NMM or Vortex until now but I'm trying my best to figure out how to install manual mods and this one I just can't figure out. Maybe I put folders in the wrong place or something? I know this post is old now and might not get a reply but I want to install this so badly lol but I have no idea what I'm doing and this stuff is all so confusing to me. I tried placing every folder where it said it should go but then when I look in game under the menu it says it's missing files and I don't understand what to do...if you can remember could you try and help me out on what things go where? Sorry.

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Right, sorry for misunderstanding.

Anyways, I've updated to 1.6.20 and don't see any issues with it. The notorious morphs are working for me (just to clarify - people were reporting issues with said morphs because during animations the penis didn't go up or down, or was it something else?) Don't really understand the morphs lol

I will test 1.6.20 a bit more later today, but so far I didn't notice anything game-breaking.

About my question... Basically I don't understand the connection between body morphs (building body with morphs in Bodyslide) and LooksMenu - one is for body, the other is for the face and overlays. Why would LM cause problems with morphs? Might be difficult question, and I'm sorry for that, but I just can't seem to understand?

If you use BodySlide to build morph files (those are the ones with the TRI extension) for bodies and clothing meshes, then LooksMenu will be able to adjust body sliders in-game (either through its extensions to the ShowLooksMenu interface, or on its own through BodyGen), and other mods can call LooksMenu's API to adjust body shape as well (this is how things like the pregnant belly or erect penis happen).

1 hour ago, cynnabuns said:

I'm trying my best to figure out how to install manual mods and this one I just can't figure out.

You haven't provided enough context for us to guess which mod you're talking about. Did you maybe quote the wrong old post?