[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The FOMOD installer for Themes checks for the AAF ESP, I believe. Try making sure AAF is installed and its plugin activated before proceeding with the Themes install.

Edit: Also you'll likely get better and more timely help with questions like this on the AAF Discord (disclaimer: I'm a Vortex user, so am blindly guessing where MO2 is concerned).

hey thanks you were right! once aaf was activated the installation went on as normal. thanks so much!

I have re-installed AAF since last week, after being absent for almost 2 years. NMM basically has ruined my Fallout 4 and TES V before I jumped into Vortex earlier this year.

After following this guide, installing, patching old stuffs for hours, I managed to get them to work, the character dance and does poses, the free camera works. But it was never gien a context, enemy factions kidnap the player, and they played animations, and that's it, the dialogue suggests that the animations never happened. I figured out that this must resulted from broken AAF installation where the previous versions of various intefering mods are not properly removed. I even found AAF.esp in it.

So I removed everything, does clean install, but now I am facing a brand new problem: sometimes the character is not detected, sometimes the home menu refuse to play scene at all, or the "scene" camera simply stuck / freeze the controls.

Undetected character is simply because of UI / HUD mod preventing AAF from initialising some of its routines

Inability to start scenes at all is simply because of jumbled configurations or XMLs, or wrong load order and improperly installed patches - e.g., you ticked Brave anims patches, yet you never install it.

After 5 days, now I managed to get things sorted. Yeah, it turns out to be buggier than my previous configuration, despite being a clean install LOL.

Now one problem remains:

Control freeze when animation plays.

Basically, the AAF successfully put two character together, played the animation, but the camera simply stuck afloat. The player lose controls, except MCM hotkeys, console, and game menu button (Esc). I tried arrow or WASD keys, none of them working.

After the animation ended, the view remains stuck, opening the pip-boy, forcing the player to teleport to settlement and bring up workshop menu failed since the camera is stuck and holding the 'v' button does nothing.

I suspected Buffout 4 was the culprit, since this problem occured sometime after I patched it. Looking at their patch notes, they seem to have problems with inputs.

• Version 1.24.5

• Fix menu navigation with the left stick inside the pipboy
    • Disable input switch patch by default
  • Version 1.24.4

• Fix an issue where input would get stuck after exiting the pipboy menu
  • Version 1.24.3

• Fix a bug with constraining the cursor in the map menu
  • Version 1.24.2

• Fix a bug where the cursor would show up in the pipboy when using the gamepad
  • Version 1.24.1

• Fix an input switching bug related to the pipboy map
  • Version 1.24.0

• Add InputSwitch patch
    • Update tbb redist

I don't know, but I might be missing something. I'm gonna keep trying and inform what happened.

Edited by Je3ky3z
added
3 hours ago, GeoXan said:

im having trouble with the male penis not aligning with the vagina during animations, it's statically pointing straight up instead of going into the vagina. Anyone know how to fix this issue??

Probably you forgot to check "build morphs" in bodyslide

If sill have problem try my pqtch for anims where I fixed aligment

9 hours ago, Indarello said:

Probably you forgot to check "build morphs" in bodyslide

If sill have problem try my pqtch for anims where I fixed aligment

Im using leito's animation and i checked "build morphs", and I have downloaded your mod, but it only works in some animations, in others the erection breaks for some reason, like the penis is not erect when I switch to some animations. I don't know whats wrong with it.

1 hour ago, GeoXan said:

Im using leito's animation and i checked "build morphs", and I have downloaded your mod, but it only works in some animations, in others the erection breaks for some reason, like the penis is not erect when I switch to some animations. I don't know whats wrong with it.

The reality is the penises activate based on how the animation XML is written in the animation packs. AAF is an engine for it as well as any animation patches whiich add special effects to those animations. An erect penis might actually happen 95% of the time. Often just changing to the next animation in the sequence will fix it, but not always. Erect penises during game sex is not a 100% occurence, happens in even in real life.

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

The reality is the penises activate based on how the animation XML is written in the animation packs. AAF is an engine for it as well as any animation patches whiich add special effects to those animations. An erect penis might actually happen 95% of the time. Often just changing to the next animation in the sequence will fix it, but not always. Erect penises during game sex is not a 100% occurence, happens in even in real life.

Yea but for me it occurs 50% of the time, and for some animation it would not work 100% of the time. I didn't install the buffout mod since I have no idea how to do the step in the tutorial to install this particular mod, Idk if this plays a role for the erection glitch to happen. Everything else is working fine tho. 

Hello

I could really use a quick tutorial on how to install all these requirements (but particularly ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) 4.0, as it seems to be required by most of the others). I'm a total newb as I've only been installing mods with vortex up to this point and most of these are not even on Nexus anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ... I´m new at Fallout mods and i am very confused about the installtion (sims4 is very easier ?)

what is vortex or mo2 ?

... i have only ad the 3 lines :

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

in Documents/mygames/Fallout4 -> Fallout4Custom.ini

and then ? there are a lot of mods in the first place but in wich folder do i intall the mods ...

can anybody help me and show me it ?

45 minutes ago, Bloodfire007 said:

Hi ... I´m new at Fallout mods and i am very confused about the installtion (sims4 is very easier ?)

what is vortex or mo2 ?

... i have only ad the 3 lines :

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

in Documents/mygames/Fallout4 -> Fallout4Custom.ini

and then ? there are a lot of mods in the first place but in wich folder do i intall the mods ...

can anybody help me and show me it ?

You might want to have a look here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2242115007

That's a pretty detailed guide through Fallout4 modding including an overview of how mod-managers, like "Vortex" or "ModManager2"(Mo2), are working.

You can also check for guides (and mods) at
https://www.nexusmods.com/

These guys host mods and they also provide the "Vortex" mod-manager and their forum is stuffed with tutorials.

Good luck with your first steps.
And which one ever you want to choose: Be prepared for spending some time reading.
It's worth it.
Either reading, or ruing :)

Edited by JonX67
10 hours ago, JonX67 said:

You might want to have a look here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2242115007

That's a pretty detailed guide through Fallout4 modding including an overview of how mod-managers, like "Vortex" or "ModManager2"(Mo2), are working.

The only general 'guide' I've seen for FO4, that doesn't have issues/missing mods, is The Midnight Ride. Their Skyrim/FNV/TTW ones are also good.

Every
Single
Other
Guide

Has had one or more rather glaring issues with it, somewhere, and/or are woefully out of date.

That one, for instance, hasn't 'kept up' and is missing any mention of Buffout 4, to name but one.

1 hour ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

The only general 'guide' I've seen for FO4, that doesn't have issues/missing mods, is The Midnight Ride. Their Skyrim/FNV/TTW ones are also good.

Every
Single
Other
Guide

Has had one or more rather glaring issues with it, somewhere, and/or are woefully out of date.

That one, for instance, hasn't 'kept up' and is missing any mention of Buffout 4, to name but one.

I'm sure "The Midnight Ride" is a great guide too.
That steam one I linked was updated in early September 21. So, it's not abandoned I'd say.
And "Buffout4" might be important once you start using AAF and the corresponding mods, but it's not an essential mod for beginners that don't even know what "Vortex" or "Mo2" are.

21 hours ago, MarcusButNotReally said:

Hello

I could really use a quick tutorial on how to install all these requirements (but particularly ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) 4.0, as it seems to be required by most of the others). I'm a total newb as I've only been installing mods with vortex up to this point and most of these are not even on Nexus anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Use a mod manager (MO2 or Vortex) to install the downloaded ZeX 4.0 archive (note that there's a mistake with the filename on the GDrive download which ends up calling it 3.5 but it's really 4.0 after all). If you need help using MO2 or Vortex see the other posts immediately after yours for some recommendations on basic FO4 modding guides.

@Saya Scarlett thanks for the really indepth guide. came back to fallout 4 after a 2.5 year break cause i noticed that 3bbb physics is kicking off and we finally got some decent breast physics.

I want to bring your attention to the easy solution to enable GSS in a male character playthrough while using the skeleton knee fix for female npcs and zex skeleton for male npcs.

The issue with CTDs when following all the steps by you and the modders that made the skeleton fix and gss is that it seems you guys are talking from the POV of using female characters. Hence i believe that the people that complain about crashes typically come from those that play a MALE character playthrough which would explain why some players (those that play female characters) have no issue while others do

When using from a male character pov there is an additional step that needs to be done.

1. Use the archive extractor (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78/?tab=files) to extract the BASE game meshes and grab the skeleton_facebones.nif and skeleton_femalefacebone.nif and place them in the NPCASSETS folder of the provided GSS file (in conjunction with the skeleton knee fix)

doing so allows a clean ctd free playthrough as a male character.

Hope this helps. thanks again for the guide. following it allowed me to make fallout fully modded the way i want it within half a day which is nice

I was  reading more into Violate/knockout/Human Resources vs. MCG.  Violate seems to benefit the player victim system and MCG the player controller system.  Violate appears to give more options than MCG when the player is on the receiving end and very limited options when the player is in control (i.e., leave captive in place, have them follow, have sex), while MCG seems to be more in favor of the player being in control (essentially using the captive as a slave).  Human Resources looks good but MCG seems to have a somewhat simpler process with the same results.

Please let me know if anyone has a different opinion or thoughts?

Edited by computerguy13
4 hours ago, Statiko said:

I love how NONE OF THESE MODS say how to use them in game.................. Talking to them does nothing so WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE ACTIVATE 

Please give specific examples, it's hard to provide any sort of constructive response when you're talking in generalities.

4 hours ago, Statiko said:

I love how NONE OF THESE MODS say how to use them in game.................. Talking to them does nothing so WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE ACTIVATE 

I have had difficulty with numerous mods and sometimes I've had to go back and read the mod page, follow their links, or go into their support page (the very end of the support page are the recent discussions) to see what I did wrong.  More often then not I didn't read the page thorough or didn't get a supporting mod, accidentally acquired an outdated version of the support mod, or even had a mod that didn't work properly with mod and didn't make the necessary modifications in the MCM. 

Modding (just using them not even making them) can be very time consuming but in the end you have your own personalized version of an immersive open world game, which makes it all worth while.

I have following error:

image.png.cdf396f42a79890baddb75e81f0d9d81.png

I followed all the steps from the 1st post (at least I think so), its my 1st time modding bethesda game so I have no clue what Im doing. Does this error means that baffout needs older F4SE version than I have installed currently? Its 1.10.163-0.

Edited by yosiema77
2 minutes ago, yosiema77 said:

I have following error:

image.png.cdf396f42a79890baddb75e81f0d9d81.png

I followed all the steps from the 1st post (at leat I think so), its my 1st time modding bethesda game so I have no clue what Im doing. Does this error means that baffout needs older F4SE version than I have installed currently? Its 1.10.163.

Buffout works with the current F4SE, I use it myself, do you have all the supporting mods for Buffout (Addres Library-47327-1-10-163-0-1599728753, TBB Redistributables-47359-2021-3-1629845425, and xSE PluginPreloader F4 0.2.4-33946-0-2-4-1606749072).  Buffout and Library to in the F4SE file and the other 2 go in the first folder with the fallout.exe file.

1 hour ago, computerguy13 said:

Buffout works with the current F4SE, I use it myself, do you have all the supporting mods for Buffout (Addres Library-47327-1-10-163-0-1599728753, TBB Redistributables-47359-2021-3-1629845425, and xSE PluginPreloader F4 0.2.4-33946-0-2-4-1606749072).  Buffout and Library to in the F4SE file and the other 2 go in the first folder with the fallout.exe file.

Also need to make sure to install "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019" (at least according to Buffout4's requirements list).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Also need to make sure to install "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019" (at least according to Buffout4's requirements list).

Thanks for pointing that out! (turns out I can't read lol), I installed everything like @computerguy13 said and this studio (game part only) - error fixed, but the game is closing itself during the intro now. I disabled all mods in vortex and enabled again when I had the 1st error, not sure if this messed up all the mods, should I install game and all the mods from the start now?

Also after enabling mods vortex says the  Address Library is redundant, that's it's empty or totally overwritten, while I checked it has no conflicts... 

Edited by yosiema77