[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

Orthodoxies exist because the masses demand them. Heretics have the freedom to choose their own path, but do so knowing the consequences of that choice.

And it snowballs, to the detriment of the community. Some of the contributors who offered different solutions that were later deemed "incompatible" by the high priests of the orthodoxy haven't been contributing since. I can't draw a causal relation, but I do think it stifles alternatives.

Anyway, all this is just conjecture. Thanks for the suggestions.

5 hours ago, Tanglin said:

I will try out some stuff on my own, but the fact that I have to start from scratch without any resource only serves to demonstrate the damage of having an orthodoxy has on the community; the way it stifles others from making alternatives, since their contributions are easily branded "incompatible".

5 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Some of the contributors who offered different solutions that were later deemed "incompatible" by the high priests of the orthodoxy haven't been contributing since. I can't draw a causal relation, but I do think it stifles alternatives.

FYI: There's precisely one mod/patch listed as Incompatible due to anything remotes along those lines.
Everything else, was or is due to either being outdated (Patches, mostly) or causing irreconcilable problems with one or more crucial mods (like LooksMenu, or the Skeleton).

That one mod/patch was originally listed in the guide, but was moved to Incompatibilities due to a combination of the difficulties troubleshooting anything from it, and the author's attitude (namely refusal/disinterest in cooperation or anything of the sort).

Pretty much all other mods remotely usable with a NSFW AAF setup are listed further down the Fucking Manual.

Just wanted to clarify that a little.

ZaZ - Extended-Skeleton (Zex)

BodyTalk

Gender Specific Skeletons

Skeletal Adjustments For CBBE - Knee Fix

New Idles (Standing - Sneaking - HHS Fix)

I may be wrong, but I've been able to play with the knee fix and Body Talk stuff, as a female character, without issue on multiple fresh starts.  Just making sure GSS isn't activated at the start of the new game.  basically bare minimum mods at the start and activating once in the commonwealth.  I just followed the posts on the mod pages with trial and error.  Past 2 fresh games have gone well so far.

13 hours ago, bubbabignose said:

ZaZ - Extended-Skeleton (Zex)

BodyTalk

Gender Specific Skeletons

Skeletal Adjustments For CBBE - Knee Fix

New Idles (Standing - Sneaking - HHS Fix)

I may be wrong, but I've been able to play with the knee fix and Body Talk stuff, as a female character, without issue on multiple fresh starts.  Just making sure GSS isn't activated at the start of the new game.  basically bare minimum mods at the start and activating once in the commonwealth.  I just followed the posts on the mod pages with trial and error.  Past 2 fresh games have gone well so far.

Thanks, I'll probably give this a try, if I can't shed some of the more onerous mods in my loadout.

1 hour ago, warblegarblegarble said:

Are the furniture animations for F-F scenes unsupported and M-F only? Whenever I try to start a scene F-F, they both stand in the center of the furniture? Can someone confirm if  furniture (chairs, couches, etc) is supported? Animation packs include all listed on the AAF Manual. Thanks

Loooks like you have patch for some anim mod that supports newer version of this anim patch, but you have old one. Ormaybe you forgot to install some anim mod at all. 

Check aaf admin menu errors

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (30/September/2021)
1 hour ago, VicMackey said:

I already asked about this but unfortunately no one pointed to a guide like this.

It seems to me there was a Wiki created by a group of modders that was very extensive, not so much for sex mods but for all mods and how to set up load order, but I have not played Skyrim for near 5 years. Did you check the Skyrim Forum on LL?

4 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

It seems to me there was a Wiki created by a group of modders that was very extensive, not so much for sex mods but for all mods and how to set up load order, but I have not played Skyrim for near 5 years. Did you check the Skyrim Forum on LL?

i checked but there wasnt something like a guide, or maybe i just couldnt find it, its a very good guide

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (1/October/2021)
2 minutes ago, Project37 said:

once i installed all these mods using vortex the game will boot then close itself has anyone else had this problem?

Please be more specific: when you say "boot and then close itself," how far does it get? Does it show the game menu and then crash when you try to load a save or start a new game? Or is it "closing" before you reach the game menu?

3 minutes ago, Project37 said:

crashes right after i hit play the loading screen pops up then just shuts down

I'm not sure what you mean by "hit play" but I guess that's your way of saying you're trying to continue from a save? If you installed Buffout 4 as directed in this guide, you should find a crash report alongside your other F4SE logs, which may shed some light on what's causing that CTD.

You are starting the game with f4se_loader.exe not fallout4.exe, right?

4 minutes ago, Project37 said:

nope same thing i clicked F4SE loader it starts fallout then crashes

Check your F4SE log to make sure it's correctly loading the Buffout 4 plugin, and that it doesn't mention any obvious errors. If that's fine, then there should also be a crash report in the same directory recorded by Buffout 4.

If the F4SE log doesn't indicate Buffout 4 has been loaded successfully, then something wasn't done correctly with the Buffout 4 installation (there are a number of steps to it, so don't be surprised if you missed one).

Also, as I should have mentioned initially, per the big bold text at the top of the manual, you should be asking support questions in the AAF Discord's help channels, not here.

Hello! I have a problem. A big one.

When I start my game via F4SE launcher I CTD before the game is even loaded. I took a break from the game (played it last time in February) and this weekend I've decided to install mods and play it again. It's freshly installed game, and when I had basically no mods whatsoever (only F4SE, LM, Buffout4 and a few character appearance mods) the game could start and I'd play it for a bit. Now, I've just updated a few mods, and installed more of them (clothes, weapons and AAF + everything). Now the game won't start no matter what.

What happens is: upon starting F4SE launcher a small black window appears similar to CMD (but empty). Then I get into the fullscreen which is completely black and I can only see my mouse cursor in the middle 'loading' something. After a few moments a save indicator would appear in the bottom-right corner and then CTD.

I have no idea what causes this, I've tried with 90% of the mods disabled but it still occurs. I've tried changing the load methods, reinstalling (manually) both F4SE and Buffout 4 and all its requirements to no avail. What's more, I don't have any crash logs - no idea why.

Any help on this? Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Tman10117 said:

For me in documents instead of saying Fallout4Custom.ini it says Fallout4Custom and then Fallout4Custom.ini.baked and then Fallout4Custom.ini.base

So what do I do?

Microsoft thinks most of their users don't have two brain cells to rub together, and might be confused by the presence of file extensions (probably also eating utensils, traffic signals...). In the File Explorer click the little V symbol near the top right to expand the "ribbon" and then near the right end of it should be a checkbox to show file name extensions. Make sure that's checked and hopefully what used to say Fallout4Custom will now have a .ini on the end.

Note these instructions are based on me looking at a Windows 10 system, you may have to do slightly different steps to accomplish the same on earlier versions of Windows.

Also, as the manual says at the beginning, questions should be asked in the AAF Discord channel, not here.

39 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Hello! I have a problem. A big one.

When I start my game via F4SE launcher I CTD before the game is even loaded. I took a break from the game (played it last time in February) and this weekend I've decided to install mods and play it again. It's freshly installed game, and when I had basically no mods whatsoever (only F4SE, LM, Buffout4 and a few character appearance mods) the game could start and I'd play it for a bit. Now, I've just updated a few mods, and installed more of them (clothes, weapons and AAF + everything). Now the game won't start no matter what.

What happens is: upon starting F4SE launcher a small black window appears similar to CMD (but empty). Then I get into the fullscreen which is completely black and I can only see my mouse cursor in the middle 'loading' something. After a few moments a save indicator would appear in the bottom-right corner and then CTD.

I have no idea what causes this, I've tried with 90% of the mods disabled but it still occurs. I've tried changing the load methods, reinstalling (manually) both F4SE and Buffout 4 and all its requirements to no avail. What's more, I don't have any crash logs - no idea why.

Any help on this? Thanks in advance!

Do you at least have an F4SE log? That's where you should start looking for clues.

And ask questions in the AAF Discord (per the big bold notice at the top of the manual), not here.