[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

14 hours ago, bubbabignose said:

Discrete Female Skeleton is definitely a worthwhile replacement for GSS.  I recently swapped GSS for DFS, placing the female skeleton .nif file generated from the newly updated Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE into the folder of DFS.  You don't need to keep the Skeletal Adjustments plugin activated after you copy over the .nif file to DFS.  I run ZeX, Bodytalk, DFS, and the New Idles mods in that order in MO2 and have found no issues with human or synth 1/2 models.  Switching to DFS helped clear up the Synth issues I was having with GSS, and you no don't have to deactivate DFS on a fresh game like you have to with GSS.  I hope this helped answer your question.

Nice!! thx for the answer, i already installed and its running like a charm, its really better than GSS, specially the part i didn't have any CTDs after i changed to DFS xD

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'm a bit confused. Could you guys share a foolproof version of the instructions how to properly install Discrete Female Skeleton please? It says:

put your female skeleton files here when using DFS:

Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets\female

But I don't even have a folder named meshes in Fallout 4\Data. Where am I suppose to put these files? Can't I just install the mod via MO2 as any other mod? I'm using ZaZ Extended Skeleton v.5.  

Edited by Incubusbul
1 hour ago, Incubusbul said:

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'm a bit confused. Could you guys share a foolproof version of the instructions how to properly install Discrete Female Skeleton please? It says:

But I don't even have a folder named meshes in Fallout 4\Data. Where am I suppose to put these files? Can't I just install the mod via MO2 as any other mod? I'm using ZaZ Extended Skeleton v.5.  

On the mod's own folders is where this file path is... just extract all... put the skeleton nifs you want on the meshes/actors/character/characterassets/female, ( the female folder is where you put the skeleton )... leave the first person folder in blank unless you want a first person skeleton ( example of first person skeleton: 1st Person Camera Height Fix at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) )... with everything set... just compress everything again with 7z or winrar... then the mod manager can install ( i use vortex btw not MO2 so i dont know if the files need to be compressed for install on MO2 )... as for the mods with bipedal slots flagged i will quote the mod author:

Biped slots flagged' compatibility files have two added features.

First, it makes it compatible with mods like Pip-pad, Tactical Tablet, etc. This is the main feature.

Second, when you mix and match outfit pieces, say a separate pant, top, and an armband, all using different outfit slots (e.g. 33, 38, 36 respectively), you will now actually be able to see the top and the armband equipped on your character in first-person view (provided of course, they have the correct 1st person models assigned). 

Also if you have Looksmenu compendium download the version compatible with it.

2 hours ago, Incubusbul said:

Once you've installed DFS in MO2, right click on it in the left hand mod window and left click on Open In Explorer.  Navigate through Meshes > Actors > Character > CharacterAssets > Female.  That is where you put the .nif skeleton file for whichever female skeleton you want to use.  DSF does not come with any skeleton files, it's merely the framework to let you use a separate female skeleton from the male skeleton.  ZaZ is your male skeleton.  Skeletal Adjustments For CBBE is a popular female skeleton since it helps make the knees look much better when using CBBE.  When you install a female skeleton you can use the same navigation method to find the .nif file within the female skeleton mod.  You copy that .nif file into the DSF path I mentioned earlier.  You don't have to keep the female skeleton mod activated in your mod list or load order in order to let DSF function properly.  Skeletal Adjustments was recently updated to support DSF, so other female skeleton mods may need a similar patch.

Edited by bubbabignose
16 hours ago, bubbabignose said:

Discrete Female Skeleton is definitely a worthwhile replacement for GSS.  I recently swapped GSS for DFS, placing the female skeleton .nif file generated from the newly updated Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE into the folder of DFS.  You don't need to keep the Skeletal Adjustments plugin activated after you copy over the .nif file to DFS.  I run ZeX, Bodytalk, DFS, and the New Idles mods in that order in MO2 and have found no issues with human or synth 1/2 models.  Switching to DFS helped clear up the Synth issues I was having with GSS, and you no don't have to deactivate DFS on a fresh game like you have to with GSS.  I hope this helped answer your question.

I'll have to look into it. Ulf was poking at the files the other day and is stupefied as to how this was achieved, as it seems to be the exact same as GSS, technically speaking. Just less of a hassle.

I'll keep it as it is for now (the note on #5 for using GSS) but i'll check it out and update to DFS eventually if i find that there's not a single issue with it.

38 minutes ago, bubbabignose said:

Once you've installed DFS in MO2, right click on it in the left hand mod window and left click on Open In Explorer.  Navigate through Meshes > Actors > Character > CharacterAssets > Female.  That is where you put the .nif skeleton file for whatever female skeleton you want to use.  DSF does not come with any skeleton files, it's merely the framework to let you use a separate female skeleton from the male skeleton.  ZaZ is your male skeleton.  Skeletal Adjustments For CBBE is a popular female skeleton since it helps make the knees look much better when using CBBE.  When you install a female skeleton you can use the same navigation method to find the .nif file within the female skeleton mod.  You copy that .nif file into the DSF path I mentioned earlier.  You don't have to keep the female skeleton mod activated in your mod list or load order in order to let DSF function properly.  Skeletal Adjustments was recently updated to support DSF, so other female skeleton mods may need a similar patch.

Thanks a lot, appreciated. Much clearer now.

Are there known issues with the new versions of AAF (and maybe F4SE, I'm not sure if that was a new version). AAF was working fine, but now I can't get animations to play. That said, it was last working ok months ago, and I've just come back and updated all my mods to the latest version (I did start a new game with SMU).

No errors are thrown, and the text box pops up confirming both AAF and the anim themes were installed correctly. However, if I surrender using Violate, then the characters are stuck as if waiting to begin an animation. If I use the home key "new scene", I can bring up the menu and select actors, but pressing the right arrow key doesn't move the menu forward. I've made sure there are no hotkey bindings interfering with the right arrow key.

EDIT: Yeah, it's an issue with the new version of AAF. I installed the version from Nexus and it's working fine again.

Edited by delete1618
12 hours ago, delete1618 said:

Are there known issues with the new versions of AAF (and maybe F4SE, I'm not sure if that was a new version). AAF was working fine, but now I can't get animations to play. That said, it was last working ok months ago, and I've just come back and updated all my mods to the latest version (I did start a new game with SMU).

No errors are thrown, and the text box pops up confirming both AAF and the anim themes were installed correctly. However, if I surrender using Violate, then the characters are stuck as if waiting to begin an animation. If I use the home key "new scene", I can bring up the menu and select actors, but pressing the right arrow key doesn't move the menu forward. I've made sure there are no hotkey bindings interfering with the right arrow key.

EDIT: Yeah, it's an issue with the new version of AAF. I installed the version from Nexus and it's working fine again.

Latest version of AAF has been working fine for me. I highly recommend asking on the AAF Discord (per the disclaimer at the top of this manual), but the first thing they're going to ask for is a report from AAF_GFV.exe, and that's quite likely to tell you if you've got it installed/upgraded wrong.

My game crashes, i tried everything possible but the game still crash.

I downloaded everything and installed like the forum say to do.

I tried to change many different versions of game and F4SE, but nothing changed, and i dont know what to do..

I have F4 - 1.10.163.0   and   F4SE - 0.06.21 and i use vortex only.. 

I started the new game, and its crashes always in the same point - near vaul 111.. 

Im noob here and sorry for wasting your time, but can anybody tell me whats wrong i do in my damn life please..?

On 12/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, DON SUBARA said:

I tried to change many different versions of game and F4SE, but nothing changed, and i dont know what to do..

I started the new game, and its crashes always in the same point - near vaul 111.. 

Im noob here and sorry for wasting your time, but can anybody tell me whats wrong i do in my damn life please..?

Buffout 4 is great for diagnosing crashes, so hopefully you already have it installed like the manual recommends. If it's working, there should be a crash log alongside your other F4SE logs. If there's no crash log, then check the F4SE log for signs that Buffout 4 is not getting successfully loaded (in which case you probably didn't install it correctly/completely). If you do have a crash log and you can't make sense of it, try feeding it to Crash Log Auto-Scanner and see if that comes up with an obvious suggestion.

Edit: Corrected link to Buffout 4 as pointed out in replies. Oops!

Edited by vaultbait
20 hours ago, DON SUBARA said:

make sure you've installed Microsoft Visual C++ Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 as it says under Buffout install guide.

23 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Buffout 4 is great for diagnosing crashes, so hopefully you already have it installed like the manual recommends. If it's working, there should be a crash log alongside your other F4SE logs. If there's no crash log, then check the F4SE log for signs that Buffout 4 is not getting successfully loaded (in which case you probably didn't install it correctly/completely). If you do have a crash log and you can't make sense of it, try feeding it to Crash Log Auto-Scanner and see if that comes up with an obvious suggestion.

You seem to have accidentally linked to Amazon instead of Buffout 4.

3 hours ago, rebby said:

make sure you've installed Microsoft Visual C++ Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 as it says under Buffout install guide.

I think you mean to install the runtime, not Visual Studio.

44 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

You seem to have accidentally linked to Amazon instead of Buffout 4.

Wow, I'm not even sure how I managed to do that. I don't think I've ever even visited Amazon in this browser. Probably a mix-up with VNC's paste buffer. Thanks for pointing it out! I've corrected that post now.

17 minutes ago, LueRV said:

Nvm i figured it out.

I have to manually install f4se

Make sure you follow its installation instructions and put the scripts in place. Also, AAF_GFV.exe (available from Moddingham) is great for double-checking that F4SE and AAF are properly and completely installed.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (6/December/2021)
2 hours ago, LueRV said:

https://i.imgur.com/VkkFmUP.png

nope. still doesn't work after reload.

which skin textures should I be getting?

Which skin textures are you using for the heads and are you using the Official HD Textures pack (available for free on Steam)?

The brown face bug normally occurs when one or more face textures is a different size to the others. The 2k textures mixed with 1k textures WILL cause the brown face bug.

Edited by nIn nIn nIn
1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

I noticed there's a new animation pack available (Snapdragon Animations). After installing the said animation pack, do I need to reinstall UAP? I have the latest version of UAP at the moment.

I will share this. I use Animations Addons and Fixes. Always assumed Patches like mine and yours because they picked and chose what poses they wanted to rework into their patch that new animations would not be called outside of the pack. But I was proven wrong when my patch chose Snapdragon's pose out of the air. Best to tell you is to have sex with someone and during ,scroll through your list and see if Snapdragons are there. Then you know that UAP will pick them at random also..