Should I switch from oldrim to SE

Then Im confused why you not only post in a "general discussion" topic but also quote another poster, going against their argument

I guess this isnt going anywhere, nevertheless Im confused why so many people here are always so hostile towards others zzz

31 minutes ago, Scrab said:

In fact, at the end of the day, SE has significantly more mods than LE

Are you sure about that? I'm not sure if i'm looking at it the wrong way but LE has a significantly higher mod count than SE given that LE came first and had a head start. I always thought that's the case since a lot of the mods i personally use are not available for SE at all. There are quite a lot of mods that are SE only but LE still has more options to pick from.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

Are you sure about that? I'm not sure if i'm looking at it the wrong way but LE has a significantly higher mod count than SE given that LE came first and had a head start. I always thought that's the case since a lot of the mods i personally use are not available for SE at all. There are quite a lot of mods that are SE only but LE still has more options to pick from.

No youre right that LEs modcount is higher than SEs one and I didnt say otherwise 

However is farily simply to convert at least 90% of all LE mods over to SE with very little effort. Learning this takes less than an hour and there are quadrillions of step-by-step tutorials for this, thats what I was pointing at with "at the end of the day" :) 

The remaining 10% are things like HDT clothes - which can still be ported, with a little more effort -, mods with a .dll plugin or ENB presets

13 minutes ago, Scrab said:

No youre right that LEs modcount is higher than SEs one and I didnt say otherwise 

However is farily simply to convert at least 90% of all LE mods over to SE with very little effort. Learning this takes less than an hour and there are quadrillions of step-by-step tutorials for this, thats what I was pointing at with "at the end of the day" :) 

The remaining 10% are things like HDT clothes - which can still be ported, with a little more effort -, mods with a .dll plugin or ENB presets

Alright, i guess that clears up any further misunderstanding.

23 minutes ago, Scrab said:

So in other words, you are including in your count mods which could, in theory, be ported to SE.

How is the SE section 'somewhat hidden'? It is directly below the LE section. Granted that this places it just beyond the attention span of a lot of SE users resulting in them constantly posting in the LE section.

@KiTiTy Your question or one very similar gets asked at least once a month.

18 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

So in other words, you are including in your count mods which could, in theory, be ported to SE.

Yes, is that a wrong thing to do? 

I dont think of porting mods as an overly exhausting act, thus I count LE mods in the SE pool. You dl the LE mod, see if it has meshes or animations, convert them and then youre done for most of them. Thats less than 10min of work. Converting an outfit might take a bit longer due to it being more than just letting a program run through the mod files but (Assuming youre not going all out for each of them like docteur and some others) it can be done fairly quickly as well

I can see why people might still prefer LE due to the amount of mods straight out of the box (and I dont mind that, each their own), but as for myself: When i see a cool LE mod its usually in my SE Loardorder just a few minutes later. I dont really recognize this border anymore so I count vast majority of LE mods in the SE mod pool

..and I recommend others that want to play SE to do the same, as porting mods is a very trivial thing to do

18 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

How is the SE section 'somewhat hidden'? It is directly below the LE section. Granted that this places it just beyond the attention span of a lot of SE users resulting in them constantly posting in the LE section.

"Hidden" might be the wrong word, my pardon

But I think we agree that people dont really.. recognize it as much as they should.. or could, making it seem less active

I was on the fence about going to sse but since I have the game DOES NOT CRASH. Well it does crash but it's more like after a few hours the game starts having frame rate problems then dies but it beats the hell out of playing for less then 5 minutes then kicked to desktop.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:05 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

I was pleasantly surprised that not only have very good mods been ported, they have also been expanded/improved! Having trouble with the CK not loading some masters for my mod, so I still need to figure that out. Still like some things better about SE though- like the crazy amount of mods that will prolly never be ported. Can learn to port some I suppose.

Most of the time it is not the question if an old LE mod could be ported, but if it could be released for SE. With so many modders that are already out of buisness and missing in action, it is hard to get permissions for a SE release.

39 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Most of the time it is not the question if an old LE mod could be ported, but if it could be released for SE. With so many modders that are already out of buisness and missing in action, it is hard to get permissions for a SE release.

Well, you might know how I feel about that subject (as in anything older than dirt and long abandoned should be fair game). Not popular among modders, though, so I kind of shut up about it. Still a shame to see some decent old mods that can't be touched due to *reasons*.

3 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Well, you might know how I feel about that subject (as in anything older than dirt and long abandoned should be fair game). Not popular among modders, though, so I kind of shut up about it.

I'm doing ports since the first release of SL 1.63 and it has been a hell of work to get the basics running without the help of the original authors. But by now, the important LL things are running, even if there are some limitations. (There are still 3 models in DD that don't have been converted to SMP correctly and there is still some stuff in ZAZ, that needs to be fixed and I don't know how to do that....) I did my part: The rest is up to the modding community...

10 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I'm doing ports since the first release of SL 1.63 and it has been a hell of work to get the basics running without the help of the original authors. But by now, the important LL things are running, even if there are some limitations. (There are still 3 models in DD that don't have been converted to SMP correctly and there is still some stuff in ZAZ, that needs to be fixed and I don't know how to do that....) I did my part: The rest is up to the modding community...

Cool...and thanks. :)

On 7/19/2020 at 8:07 PM, skirtsdown said:

Sadly I'm not quite there yet. I *want* to move over to SSE, but many of the mods I consider to be bread and butter are not yet ported or are rather unstable at the moment - namely the Prison Overhaul and all the Simple Slavery connections. I adore player-as-a-sex-slave questing and gameplay. For now, LE still has the lead in that department.

Thank god you made this post! I've already spent a couple of hours surfing SSE mods on the Nexus side of things, I would have hated to spend hours more getting all the mods on both the Nexus and LL I like only to find out halfway through that some of my favourites are either not ported or stable yet.  Guess it's back to waiting a little longer for me too, but at least things are getting there.

Hello, i want to mod my skyrim but i don't know what to use LE or SE 

So which is the best full moded for :

- best graphic 

- as much sex animation as possible (and the most quality animation)

- best character/follower graphic 

I know there is more mod on LE than SE but i don't know which have best quality

Anyway thanks for any help :)

- best graphic 

:: Then pick SE ( You will have more FPS than in LE - its actualy HUGE difference ( around 10/15 FPS more - in my case ) )

- as much sex animation as possible (and the most quality animation)

:: Then pick LE ( More animations / Better working mods - only 20% of all SexMods were ported to SE )

s1.png.d29fb986407a31c9b882345aee6c7cac.png

but tbh, 95% GOOD Mods are already ported... so missing 80% NOT PORTED mods are just trash not worth to port to SE

However i already find out that Some mods have some problems in SE while in LE works fine...

- best character/follower graphic 

:: Then pick LE ( More followers, more mods, more everything )

//Edit:

Normaly when i play LE i have:

around 20/30 FPS with ENB

around 50/60 FPS without ENB

When i play SE i have:

around 30/40 FPS with ENB

Stable 60 FPS without ENB ( locked on 60 ) - my Screen is 60 Hz so its pointless to have more than 60 FPS anywaa :D

4 minutes ago, Doramatsurugi said:

Hello, have you some exemple for very good sex mod not supported by LE and very good sex mod not supported by SE ?

I don't know about good but my three mods (Cynthia and Twins are followers and Some Consensual Sex is exactly what it says it is and all 3 involve sex) are only available on LE.

I use over 400 mods in my LE game. Merging and patching and op hardware make it possible. Textures will occasionally glitch in both LE and SSE, NPC AI will glitch in both. I have never had a C++ error in SSE but I have used it a fraction of the time by comparison. Making LE work with fewer CTD's is more difficult. It still crashes more than SSE but not by much as I have had SSE CTD on me before too, It is still a Bethesda game. They are almost an even match given the mod availability/performance differences. If you have a weaker CPU SSE would likely be the better choice. Just one guys opinion.

I've just seen this thread, and I wanted to share my thoughts.

When I first started modding Skyrim on oldrim, I didn't know crap about mods and installed everything ignoring load order or compatibility (the only warning I wouldn't ignore was the "missing master" in mo2 if it showed up), yet everything ran good.

Now on SSE it's 2 days I'm having trouble with God knows what. I don't use many mods (around 100-120 mods with 80/90 ESPs) and even with the knowledge I've gathered in all this time, the game doesn't want to work.

I finished modding sse to my likings, started it, everything ran fine until for an unknown reason, my save becomes "corrupted" or something and loading it simply causes a CTD.

Well, let's try the usual troubleshooting steps. Checking load order, disabling some mods... Nothing.

So I started a new save. Same problem, loading into Tamriel causes a crash (no ENB installed, so no, it is not a shader problem).

This seemed really strange to me, since if the game ran fine for hours, there is no reason for it now to become so unstable without touching anything.

I try to disable EVERY mod, and start just with what I call "bare minimum" (basically SKSE, graphics mods like Water Two, Ehanched lights etc, USSEP, SSE engine fixes, LAL). Nothing, game still crashes on loading tamriel.

After that I completely unistalled MO2 (including the AppData folder), reinstalled both SKSE and SSE engine fixes, reinstalled some mods with MO2: nothing, I can get to breezhome through LAL, but the game either crashes on leaving the house or when entering another building.

What do you do at this point? Start checking crash logs from net framework. And they do not make any sense. The culprit of the crash (to my knowledge of said file) is "Skyrim.esm" which, well, means the game broke itself somehow. After that it starts spitting errors about basically any mod (USSEP included, which is one if not the most stable mod available for the game) without even a glimpse of a Hook event or something to see which mod is running some script that might crash the game.

I'm now in the process of installing oldrim. Fuck SSE, I don't know what happened but it just became UNPLAYABLE on its own. It's not even like I installed heavy script mods: I had pretty basic things like immersive armor/weapons, CBBE, a few player houses, first person view, skins for NPCs and a mod follower. Noting more. No quests, no sexlab framework, nothing of all of these mods that heavily use scripts.

I hope I can go back to oldrim with peace.

Bye!

LE has more mods. Also, many older mods have not been ported to SSE. It really depends on what mods you want to run. I have a LE setup with about 260 mods (merges, etc) and it's fairly stable. I *might* crash once a night. I've played for hours and never had a crash. BUT it took me months of playing around to get LE this stable, for me. And I had to learn how to mod, basically. 

SE is a better game. It's decently stable (though it DOES crash). My big issue with SE is that I'm just too damn lazy to convert my own mods (and others that I won't give up) - "LE is stable for me so  why switch", is my thinking.

But if I was just coming to this game, SE all the way.

Side note: A few of the SL mods that I use have been converted BUT they are not as functional as their LE versions And HDT... its there for females but for men its lacking. Right now (unless this has changed recently)  HDT on the balls and cock are VERY limited on SE (SAM is you only real choice in this regard. And I  like SOS more). On LE you have several options.

Looks like you've made the switch.) But for anyone else reaching this thread via search my advice is to look at the mods you want to run. Then decide. 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, gigetto2000 said:

I've just seen this thread, and I wanted to share my thoughts.

When I first started modding Skyrim on oldrim, I didn't know crap about mods and installed everything ignoring load order or compatibility (the only warning I wouldn't ignore was the "missing master" in mo2 if it showed up), yet everything ran good.

Now on SSE it's 2 days I'm having trouble with God knows what. I don't use many mods (around 100-120 mods with 80/90 ESPs) and even with the knowledge I've gathered in all this time, the game doesn't want to work.

I finished modding sse to my likings, started it, everything ran fine until for an unknown reason, my save becomes "corrupted" or something and loading it simply causes a CTD.

Well, let's try the usual troubleshooting steps. Checking load order, disabling some mods... Nothing.

So I started a new save. Same problem, loading into Tamriel causes a crash (no ENB installed, so no, it is not a shader problem).

This seemed really strange to me, since if the game ran fine for hours, there is no reason for it now to become so unstable without touching anything.

I try to disable EVERY mod, and start just with what I call "bare minimum" (basically SKSE, graphics mods like Water Two, Ehanched lights etc, USSEP, SSE engine fixes, LAL). Nothing, game still crashes on loading tamriel.

After that I completely unistalled MO2 (including the AppData folder), reinstalled both SKSE and SSE engine fixes, reinstalled some mods with MO2: nothing, I can get to breezhome through LAL, but the game either crashes on leaving the house or when entering another building.

What do you do at this point? Start checking crash logs from net framework. And they do not make any sense. The culprit of the crash (to my knowledge of said file) is "Skyrim.esm" which, well, means the game broke itself somehow. After that it starts spitting errors about basically any mod (USSEP included, which is one if not the most stable mod available for the game) without even a glimpse of a Hook event or something to see which mod is running some script that might crash the game.

I'm now in the process of installing oldrim. Fuck SSE, I don't know what happened but it just became UNPLAYABLE on its own. It's not even like I installed heavy script mods: I had pretty basic things like immersive armor/weapons, CBBE, a few player houses, first person view, skins for NPCs and a mod follower. Noting more. No quests, no sexlab framework, nothing of all of these mods that heavily use scripts.

I hope I can go back to oldrim with peace.

Bye!

Clean your masters maybe, for me and majority of players it works fine. Modding on SSE takes time, just installing hundreds of mods within an hour will break your game. Reading description of mods can save you alot of time and direct you to a proper working game.

On 8/23/2020 at 2:01 PM, Vartotojas said:

Clean your masters maybe, for me and majority of players it works fine. Modding on SSE takes time, just installing hundreds of mods within an hour will break your game. Reading description of mods can save you alot of time and direct you to a proper working game.

It is clear that I didn't install hundreds of mods. Quite the opposite.

I don't know what happened with that game, but now I'm happy on LE with about the same mod setup. Way more stable for me and obviously more mod choices as well (not that I run many).

22 minutes ago, vanniruchannel said:

I think switching for me was a bad idea because I did but modding it hasn't been easy. I go to game I try to go to a town and game crashes. I look at crash fixes and it's a random item each time. Last time it was a Cyrodiilic Spadetail. I've been removing every mod that may cause it but all SSE fixes says is Skyrim Exe. this thing is so unstable I went back to Legendary.

Crash Fixes isn't a SE mod.

SSE Fixes doesn't generate logs.

It might be that you just don't know what you're doing. Installing mods in SE isn't any different from installing mods in LE. The only thing you need to keep track of is game updates (which hasn't happened since nov 2019) and SKSE updates (which was recently updated and works fine for the most part with some issues reported, if you want to be on the safe side stay in SKSE 2.0.17 and done). Still things related to game/SKSE updates shouldn't cause "random" crashes (the game simply will tell you X mod is incompatible or Y feature won't be available, that's it). And of course, use SE mods instead of LE mods.