Should I switch from oldrim to SE

48 minutes ago, urbon said:

Sup folks. I'm doing a new gameplay but I'm not sure about what version I must to play. I want mods. Jiggles mods. Sexy mods. Sex mods. Booty mods. Animations. JIGGLE TIDDIES and all of that shit. Lol. So this 2020 the SE community is enough for that? Can I have my tiddies jiggles?

Also I usually made my own armor conversions to uunp. It's the same way for SE?

Thanks.

This is a long standing argument and one without a definitive answer. You may want to look at this thread and get some ideas:

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

This is a long standing argument and one without a definitive answer. You may want to look at this thread and get some ideas:

Dammit i have more knowledge for LE than SE. I don't know what to do. Well I would try with SE now. Thanks

45 minutes ago, bybee said:

Skyrim SE is the best for Physics and Animations by far. I have tested both. Follow Aylis' guide here on LL if you get it. 

Also depends on your system. If you have a 3GB+ memory card with 1080p then do Skyrim SE. I have a 2GB memory card on 720p and I make it work, but I'd love a 3GB+ on 1080p :)

Thank you! I will try! :) 

8 hours ago, urbon said:

Sup folks. I'm doing a new gameplay but I'm not sure about what version I must to play. I want mods. Jiggles mods. Sexy mods. Sex mods. Booty mods. Animations. JIGGLE TIDDIES and all of that shit. Lol. So this 2020 the SE community is enough for that? Can I have my tiddies jiggles?

Thanks.

Having recently switched, I can say that running basically the same mod load out on the same computer, SE is way more stable than LE was. 

For armor conversions you may want to look into BHUNP if you are a fan of UUNP just returning. But fair warning SE is currently dominated by CBBE, BHUNP is gaining ground fast but it is way behind in the outfit mod count. 

15 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Having recently switched, I can say that running basically the same mod load out on the same computer, SE is way more stable than LE was. 

For armor conversions you may want to look into BHUNP if you are a fan of UUNP just returning. But fair warning SE is currently dominated by CBBE, BHUNP is gaining ground fast but it is way behind in the outfit mod count. 

Well I'm a fan just because looks better working on LE and looks more natural and I know how to convert properly armors but like you said CBBE is dominating modding. I'm download mods  currently I was trying to use unp but looks there is not enough mods  for that body and  bodyslide SSE don't have morphs like oldrim. :(

SSE looks amazing. More smoother 

22 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Dammmn BHUNP looks nice but there is not enough armors :( at least TWBA is dont but i don't know if there is the same easy way like UUNP conversions

Btw theres isn't a build in game body like oldrim bodyslide, right? :( 

20 minutes ago, urbon said:

Btw theres isn't a build in game body like oldrim bodyslide, right? :( 

like racemenu? Yes there is racemenu for SE.

One thing that will make unp based bodies harder in SE is that Bodyslide and Outfit studio doesn't come pre-loaded with uunp/bhunp slider sets like it does in LE. But I recommend CBBE 3BA (aka 3BBB Amazing)

4 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

like racemenu? Yes there is racemenu for SE.

One thing that will make unp based bodies harder in SE is that Bodyslide and Outfit studio doesn't come pre-loaded with uunp/bhunp slider sets like it does in LE. But I recommend CBBE 3BA (aka 3BBB Amazing)

yeah but i was talking about building sliders in game. I see cbbe 3ba come with that. I'm downloading! thanks again

13 hours ago, urbon said:

Thanks.

Could also try TBD, Touched by Dibella, if you *really* want dem tiddies. Though it suffers from the same outfit problem.

27 minutes ago, MonVert said:

Could also try TBD, Touched by Dibella, if you *really* want dem tiddies. Though it suffers from the same outfit problem.

Im with CBBE 3BB and looks freaking great but i'm having a problem with a mod called "racial body morph". Make the tiddies "static" :( 

14 hours ago, 27X said:

Because LE under dxvk in dx 12 with 30XX and 68XX has frametimes that are resolved faster and more consistent than dx11 in compatibility mode, which SSE runs under.

What about SE under dxvk? I guess it would be far from getting the same boost as LE, but it seems fair to take it into account for these comparisons.

4 hours ago, Tiress said:

What about SE under dxvk? I guess it would be far from getting the same boost as LE, but it seems fair to take it into account for these comparisons.

There is no comparison until such time as the dxvk team decide to add both compatibility and 1:1 dx11 emulation.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:07 AM, 27X said:

Because LE under dxvk in dx 12 with 30XX and 68XX has frametimes that are resolved faster and more consistent than dx11 in compatibility mode, which SSE runs under.

Does it also resolve the LE issue of you stumbling over every cell border you cross?

Stuttering is either bad LODs, crappy RAM, poorly written scripts hammering papyrus on cell entry, bad navmeshes or running PE/SMP without having the remotest clue how to set the settings thereof, or just downloading halfassed settings from someone's patreon/nexus that didn't actually write them thereof and expecting them to work based on sparkle dust and fairy farts.

5 hours ago, 27X said:

Stuttering is either bad LODs, crappy RAM, poorly written scripts hammering papyrus on cell entry, bad navmeshes or running PE/SMP without having the remotest clue how to set the settings thereof, or just downloading halfassed settings from someone's patreon/nexus that didn't actually write them thereof and expecting them to work based on sparkle dust and fairy farts.

"poorly written scripts hammering papyrus on cell entry" is  the most possible reason since I don't have a habit of downloading random "Papyrus tweaks" or ini tweaks and applying them to my setup anyway. I do have a habit of stopping modding when there are no free slots left or (in case of SE) when managing LO becomes an issue considering that there are tools that still limited to 255 plugins (I'm looking at you, Reqtificator and zEdit)

So why it doesn't happen on SE then? It's almost as if mod authors started writing perfect Papyrus code out of the blue.

The thing is - SE engine seems to be able to withstand beating more intense by an order of magnitude. I've got 316 ESP slots currently, this including several merged mods (including the main merge consisting of about 30 lesser plugins), this LO has shittons of LL script-intensive stuff, including Defeat, CF, full SOS, it has Requiem, Vampiric Thirst, Campfire+Frostfall, Hunterborn, several new land mods, including this one, which is really huge, DynDOLOD. Just to name a few. And it still runs smoothly. LE used to start having wet farts on about 1/4 of this load - and yes, with ENBoost and the family, because w/o ENBoost my LE LO would give a game about 10-15 minutes before CTD. Seriously, I don't see how minor tweaks to DirectX could save the situation.

19 hours ago, phillout said:

SE engine seems to be able to withstand beating more intense by an order of magnitude.

SSE can certainly handle memory related beatings better and if it didn't you wouldn't see people using it, and that's the literal and only point besides ESLification you can now hand to SSE. SSE cannot handle anything script related any better now that dxvk handles dx9 100% emulation 50-70% faster than native DX. Period. And yes, script writing did get better as a matter of fact, and many of those said scripts apply exclusively to SSE, even in rewrites of existing mods. Flower Girls and AA for SSE being cases in point.

Skyrim's native and papyrus based script and even logic resolves are almost all handled on a per-frame basis, and the setup with the smoothest frametimes has the cleanest resolves and provided your coder/ing isn't junk, the better and faster frametime resolves are, the better the entire engine runs, which is also why RAM is Bethesda's eternal bottleneck, and also why FO4 runs like a model T hit a cow and kept going, because while their fancy rendering code got updated, most of the rest of the engine got frankensteined with case and especially console specific upgrades only, and the results speak for themselves, jitter from hell to breakfast, code running out of order or hitting race conditions virtually guaranteed, and the spectacle of Diamond City barfing out 50K draw calls no matter what graphic setting you have in place short of removing shadows entirely.

Also most of your stated issues seems to be exactly memory related, and to be absolutely clear memory related does mean in any way shape or form having enough memory to _______, (enough memory is still a concern) it means what happens to code and objects entering and leaving memory.

The faster and smoother your ram runs and handles the objects, the better skyrim performs, either version. RAM is the absolute baseline for bethesda performance because of the way they insist on crafting their exclusive chunks of gamebryo, so it's pretty ironic that the one system cap[able of making them look like rockstars might get Starfield and nothing else, but that may also be the win-win, with only two extremely similar platforms to develop further titles for, Bethesda make actually be able to put out a game that runs correctly for those platforms. Maybe. Probably not.

Moreover, dxvk is not "some tweaks to DX", it is an entirely different platform, which is why it achieves what it does. With a 3090 you can run DooM Eternal at 8K/60fps without dlss, you sure as hell aren't doing that under dx12, and dxvk falls squarely under that same implementation.

Caliente and dimon99

That's a pretty esoteric way of spelling Ousnius and to whit, UNP is literally open permission.

Fanboys being fanboys about differing choices shouldn't be of any concern anyway. If SSE could hit LE's graphical benchmarks I would adopt it fullscale in a second, but so far it can't; not even kind of, therefore it remains nothing more than a testbed install for the foreseeable future.

SSE isn't the issue, people that won't shut up about how SSE saved their marriage and pulled their kids from a garbage fire because they don't have enough care to vet the mods they install are.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

Moreover, dxvk is not "some tweaks to DX", it is an entirely different platform, which is why it achieves what it does. With a 3090 you can run DooM Eternal at 8K/60fps without dlss, you sure as hell aren't doing that under dx12, and dxvk falls squarely under that same implementation.

Doom Eternal already has a native Vulkan path. ? So I do not see the point in running that with dxvk.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

LE isn't the issue, people that won't shut up about how LE saved their marriage and pulled their kids from a garbage fire because they have worse hardware than a console.

DXVK can only be run under Linux, and we know how many people play Skyrim on Linux. ?