Should I switch from oldrim to SE

49 minutes ago, vanniruchannel said:

and most my mods stopped functioning after that

doubt_meme.png

That log shows 5 possible object, I suppose most of your mods aren't involved in that crash. That would be amazing tho.

But I'm not trying to convince you of anything, and seems like you made up your mind already. Surely things must be too complicated for you.

There is another section for tech support.

You posted a picture of a text file with only part of relevant information.

But based on limited info you posted, it looks like you installed broken mesh/texture for a fish. Usualy this happens if you install LE mods on SE or LE mod is not ported correctly to SE or mod was broken to begins with.

Skyrim SE works. But it is not magicaly immune vs broken mods.

Ok so I've been a fo4 modder for a while now and thought I'd make the switch to Skyrim seeing as the mods look a lot more advanced.

Now clearly the Legendary Edition of the game has lots more posts on loverslab, but in terms of the best experience, which should I get?

I've got a pretty high spec pc so would have no issues running LE and have plenty of space for mods. 

Cheers!

I was on the fence too, but after installing it IMHO SE feels way better for what I need.

- REALISM: Have  you ever saw gorgeous screenshots and wondered how people achieved it? When I using LE even with 4k body textures and all shit I couldn't make it look even close. with SE on the other hand, you just install a skin mod (I installed FairSkin) and WetFunction(optional, only if u want wet/oily skin) and boom, realistic skin.

- PHYSICS AND COLLISIONS: Physics and collisions for the body are way easier to set up in SE. In LE you had HDTPE which for today's standards is shit ond only used for low end machines, you had HDTSMP which is good, even though I was never able to fine tune it 100%, so my build was buggy and you have CBPC which for me is the best cuz it is easy to set up, the parameters are intuitive to tweak and modify.

_ CLOTHING: Physics for clothing, again HDTPE, HDTPSMP and CBPC. with HDTPE you had to have a aditional file for every outfit in order do apply physics. HDTSMP and CBPC on the other hand don't need it, you just have to have the outfit and physics will be applied automatically. HDTSMP though will need aditional files to simulate ties, skirts, capes, earrings, necklaces physics while CBPC can't (at least to my understanding). So I keep CBPC for the body as explained before and everything else is handled by HDTSMP.

- ADULT AND GENERAL MODS: Most of the core and main mods have been ported. Almost all SexLab framework related mods have been ported, and most of the most popular nexus mods too. If you dont find the ported version, it is realtively easy to port, you have to open on the SE creation kit or something like that, I read an article some time ago so I don't remember clearly.

- BODY MESHES: Body replacers such as CBBE 3BBB or BHUNP have higher polygon counts and more breast bones, in other words, more detailed meshes and better boob physics. You still have old LE body replacers like CBBE and UNP but you will find almost always a CBBE to CBBE 3BBB conversion and UNP is not popular with SE. I highly recommend CBBE 3BBB since it has way more clothing and armor options than BHUNP. Personally I like better the BHUNP shapes and since you can convert CBBE 3BBB to BHUNP if you want, in theory it shouldn't be a problem but for me it is not worth the effort.

- PERFORMANCE: SE feels lighter, polished and stable. When I had a lot of mods in LE, the game was full of bugs and conflicts, random CTDs and drops in FPS.

I hope that with this info some people will find my post useful.

17 hours ago, bobcarlos said:

I was on the fence too, but after installing it IMHO SE feels way better for what I need.

- REALISM: Have  you ever saw gorgeous screenshots and wondered how people achieved it? When I using LE even with 4k body textures and all shit I couldn't make it look even close. with SE on the other hand, you just install a skin mod (I installed FairSkin) and WetFunction(optional, only if u want wet/oily skin) and boom, realistic skin.

- PHYSICS AND COLLISIONS: Physics and collisions for the body are way easier to set up in SE. In LE you had HDTPE which for today's standards is shit ond only used for low end machines, you had HDTSMP which is good, even though I was never able to fine tune it 100%, so my build was buggy and you have CBPC which for me is the best cuz it is easy to set up, the parameters are intuitive to tweak and modify.

_ CLOTHING: Physics for clothing, again HDTPE, HDTPSMP and CBPC. with HDTPE you had to have a aditional file for every outfit in order do apply physics. HDTSMP and CBPC on the other hand don't need it, you just have to have the outfit and physics will be applied automatically. HDTSMP though will need aditional files to simulate ties, skirts, capes, earrings, necklaces physics while CBPC can't (at least to my understanding). So I keep CBPC for the body as explained before and everything else is handled by HDTSMP.

- ADULT AND GENERAL MODS: Most of the core and main mods have been ported. Almost all SexLab framework related mods have been ported, and most of the most popular nexus mods too. If you dont find the ported version, it is realtively easy to port, you have to open on the SE creation kit or something like that, I read an article some time ago so I don't remember clearly.

- BODY MESHES: Body replacers such as CBBE 3BBB or BHUNP have higher polygon counts and more breast bones, in other words, more detailed meshes and better boob physics. You still have old LE body replacers like CBBE and UNP but you will find almost always a CBBE to CBBE 3BBB conversion and UNP is not popular with SE. I highly recommend CBBE 3BBB since it has way more clothing and armor options than BHUNP. Personally I like better the BHUNP shapes and since you can convert CBBE 3BBB to BHUNP if you want, in theory it shouldn't be a problem but for me it is not worth the effort.

- PERFORMANCE: SE feels lighter, polished and stable. When I had a lot of mods in LE, the game was full of bugs and conflicts, random CTDs and drops in FPS.

I hope that with this info some people will find my post useful.

Thanks, I appreciate you going into detail.

Finna download some fucked up mods, apparently they get even stranger than the ones from Fallout ?

On 8/28/2020 at 2:19 PM, OffYellowBoi said:

Thanks, I appreciate you going into detail.

Finna download some fucked up mods, apparently they get even stranger than the ones from Fallout ?

I started modding FO4, but even LE was way more advanced with physics and collisions so I switched. I like better the fallout theme, big cicites, guns, etc, but again, Skyrim had way more options. I think you'll find easier to create mods. Does FO4 has collisions like vagina penetration?

On 8/25/2020 at 11:34 AM, gigetto2000 said:

It is clear that I didn't install hundreds of mods. Quite the opposite.

I don't know what happened with that game, but now I'm happy on LE with about the same mod setup. Way more stable for me and obviously more mod choices as well (not that I run many).

Ironically enough i had a way easier time modding SSE over LE, In LE i used to use wrye bash or whatever its called, tried all the other mod loaders aswell, had over 400+ hours clocked on modding alone in LE, eventually i had couple hundred mods running on it, was an absolute nightmare though, SSE however, it took me a few days to hit 280 mods, including every single sex mod you could want.

I'm not debating that SSE is better, but for me, it was a million times more stable. In LE i would crash to desktop after installing a new mod, then have to spend literally hours figuring out the load order all over.

Just adding my experiences to the ball here - I was skeptical at first, but ever since I finally switched to SE a few months ago, I've never looked back. Most of the important mods have been moved over, so I'm not missing out on any content, and the performance is significantly better all around (even though my graphics card might not like that it's finally having to work for a living).

I've tried using SE again recently, but I've had so many issues deciding on a ENB that looks closest to TrueVision enb that ive pretty much given up, then not all of the armors have been ported and I dont wanna get confused with using different body types and mismatched armors

Also I mainly use SGO but SE version is missing some stuff, which I can get around, but Untamed is still missing, this doest even cover the issues setting up or finding beast animations as Nemesis STILL doesnt support it, ugh :/

Even Skyrim Romance of all mods has been converted now. There definitely isn't much reason to abstain from modding Special Edition for actual play throughs even if Legendary Edition can allow for certain graphical tricks that one likes to use for screen shots. The only reason that I keep Legendary Edition installed is to try out mods which have not been converted yet to see if I can convert them for myself.

Probably a question that was asked countless times, but after a few months not playing skyrim, I thought about playing again and also install some LL mods (again). I modded both SSE and LE but i'm still uncertain which one is better for a LL game. While there are more mods for LE, SSE is more stable. Ik some can be converted, but still SSE looks like more work to me.

What do you think? Which one should I use? ^^

Generally speaking, I believe most people are still using LE. SSE is still missing many mod conversions and some simply can't be converted easily, not to mention that the visual upgrades like ENB aren't up to par for SSE yet. If your LE build is relatively stable, it might not be worth it.

Having said that, I use SSE exclusively and don't even have LE installed anymore. ;)

8 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I believe most people are still using LE

Thats afaik a myth. According to Steam, most people play SE with about 3 times the amount of players:

image.png.52c41dc31ed6bd0132f175d0e2aa226d.png

Its just that existing mods are mostly still being developed for LE, especially here on LL. Tho all the more complicated LL mods have been converted and the few left are easily done by hand

and also a lot of SE users are new to the game. Most people buying Skyrim for the first time dont bother about LE and go straight to SE. Which is yet another reason why LE modding seems more active

10 hours ago, Gwentag said:

Why do prefer SSE over LE if I may ask?

It's a LOT more stable. Like, massively so. There are also a couple of small improvements to the engine that I like, and some visual upgrades too. This page lists a bunch of the little changes. Most of them are so minor you probably won't ever even notice, but some are noticeable and pretty good. But mostly it's because of the stability. Very very few crashes in comparison to LE. Be advised that YMMV - I have read some people say it's less stable, so your personal setup might make a big difference.

ENBs and so on aren't as advanced for SSE - it doesn't bother me because I never really used them in any game, LE or otherwise (with one exception). My own mod list is missing 2 mods that haven't been ported over yet, but then again I have a pretty conservative load order, usually around 150 - 200 mods or so.

There is one thing I dislike about SE - the "dark fog" effect from Devious Devices doesn't work as well due to the new graphical stuff. But other than that, I haven't noticed any big issues.

2 hours ago, Scrab said:

Thats afaik a myth. According to Steam, most people play SE with about 3 times the amount of players:

I'd like to say that that will teach me not to make blanket statements without evidence, but... :P

Most people buying Skyrim for the first time dont bother about LE and go straight to SE.

I remember reading that the original Skyrim has become difficult to even search for on Steam, unless you already have the game? As if Steam (and/or Bethesda) wants to sweep it under the rug and go all-in on SE? Once again, it's not like I've done my own research or anything, but that's just what I heard.

8 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

As if Steam (and/or Bethesda) wants to sweep it under the rug and go all-in on SE? Once again, it's not like I've done my own research or anything, but that's just what I heard.

Dont think I ever read anything about it but it makes sense that Steam/Bethesda doesnt want you to play the outdated version of the game, non? (Also LE is cheaper than SE I believe)

I think you cant even find it through Steams shop anymore. Gotta search with Google

2 hours ago, Scrab said:

image.png.52c41dc31ed6bd0132f175d0e2aa226d.png

Its just that existing mods are mostly still being developed for LE, especially here on LL. Tho all the more complicated LL mods have been converted and the few left are easily done by hand

and also a lot of SE users are new to the game. Most people buying Skyrim for the first time dont bother about LE and go straight to SE. Which is yet another reason why LE modding seems more active

That is not from even peak hours. The number of Special Edition players often tops 20,000-30,000 (though the upper end is usually only after Steam sales events).

3 minutes ago, rb888 said:

Still updating my files for the game hoping play soon. Finally got working with the mods ! It sucks we only can do 255 plug ins? I'm up to 220 and still alot more I like to add to the game I have take out open cites ect... lol

You can probably convert a lot of those esp into esl to exceed the 255 plug-in limit. You might as well take advantage of one of the few positive by-products of the Creation Club's conception.

11 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

You can probably convert a lot of those esp into esl to exceed the 255 plug-in limit. You might as well take advantage of one of the few positive by-products of the Creation Club's conception.

have too look. I think I got all adult stuff what I need too lol.

19 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

What broke first time around when I installed this mod> devious devices Se It took to much Animated made the game crash. Right now I'm sitting at 220 plugins lmao

On 8/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, gigetto2000 said:

This seemed really strange to me, since if the game ran fine for hours, there is no reason for it now to become so unstable without touching anything.

Bye!

Assuming you didn't screw up, IME 100% of the time it's a bug in a major mod and will disappear with the next update. Those mods don't get updates in oldrim so once you are dialed in you're good but sse is still growing. 

For what it's worth, I believe anyone who has to ask if they should switch should stay with oldrim. SSE is change, some people embrace it and others hate it. Now who moved my cheese? 

Hello, I would like to return to playing modded skyrim, and I was wondering, what would be the best choice to play: the original skyrim release or the Special Edition release?

Now, obviously, in a normal situation, the answer would be the SE one, but I am wondering more about the modding aspect. I mean, if I want to play Skyrim more as a "sex game" rather than an RPG, which of the two should I go for?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. Sorry if I made any mistake.

There's a lot more options for the original version. I have both and use the original one for sexlab mods and the SE for normal gameplay. There are mods for the SE but no one near the amount of content the original has. Also, for me at least, the SE version of sexlab had badly aligned animations.