Should I switch from oldrim to SE

58 minutes ago, Surverx said:

Hello.

What is better, LE or SE?

LOL-finally a clever themed thread-I love it:-)))

I tryed to catch same scene with SE and LE....anyway is the light in the scene more contrasted, in LE-this maybe depends on the time of day/ENB setting.

LE has a bombshell model in it, SE can never reproduce that.

Same skin-type, but not same result-it´s not possible by using the same skin to get a close looking character.

Character MOD is the same-interieur is bannered mare-mod....in both examples....now you can choose your game:-)):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

For playstation I´d choose Skyrim SE-for playing the vanilla stuff-for modding and what is becoming INTERESTING I would never go SE. SE is only a TRY-object here.

And for all people who don´t know what to do-install both beside each other-later you´ll find out what is more interesting to play with.

And if you want to combine both, you play simply with the SE-Body in oldrim-that´s the solution which is shown in the last pics-without ENB, instead with IMAGINATOR. (pics 8-14) This is the best solution, if you want perfect quality without leaving SKYRIM (LE).

SkyrimSE 2020-04-11 01-33-25-03.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-04-11 01-33-14-59.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-04-11 01-32-52-42.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-36-14-19.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-35-45-18.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-35-35-44.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-35-15-85.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-53-54-80.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-53-04-78.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-52-03-70.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-51-48-21.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-51-19-11.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-50-59-68.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-50-45-21.jpg

18 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Both don't look good imo. The first has no warmth whatsoever to the fire. The second just looks fugly, like someone pissed all over the screen.

It´s in any case a chance to compare both engines with their different texture-reproduction-independent how much one has pissed.

Good looking pictures, I can create in both engines-with ENB in such a way, that SE looks CRAPPY beside SE-that´s no problem.

Sure, I just don't like the yellow hue. Like at all.

So let's just pretend that I didn't cheaply insult your screenshots (the bodies are nice!) and wanted to raise awareness for the fact that what looks good is very subjective.

I would prefer the first screens by a long shot if the fire had slightly warmer colors or at least some effect on the room.

28 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Sure, I just don't like the yellow hue. Like at all.

So let's just pretend that I didn't cheaply insult your screenshots and wanted to raise awareness for the fact that what looks nice is very subjective.

It doesn´t worry. Anyway is fire-light in this area reflecting "yellow". If I leave the area, the overall yellow-light-impression is not there any longer.

With different mods we can quit this yellow-tint here inside (or simply screw down contrasts or saturation) and that, but you can suddenly get in troubles with lot of other areas, then.

And on another time of day is the lightning athmosphere changing, also inside of the bannered mare.

Some neutral setting inside of B.M...nothing-only vanilla-icecream:-again: yellow-which is from the fireplace....and if you switch on the facelight, you have another yellow light-switched on.

(I made the pics for a direct compare between the engine / textures)

TESV 2020-04-11 02-53-57-72.jpg

8 hours ago, t.ara said:

LOL-finally a clever themed thread-I love it:-)))

I tryed to catch same scene with SE and LE....anyway is the light in the scene more contrasted, in LE-this maybe depends on the time of day/ENB setting.

LE has a bombshell model in it, SE can never reproduce that.

Same skin-type, but not same result-it´s not possible by using the same skin to get a close looking character.

Character MOD is the same-interieur is bannered mare-mod....in both examples....now you can choose your game:-)):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

For playstation I´d choose Skyrim SE-for playing the vanilla stuff-for modding and what is becoming INTERESTING I would never go SE. SE is only a TRY-object here.

And for all people who don´t know what to do-install both beside each other-later you´ll find out what is more interesting to play with.

And if you want to combine both, you play simply with the SE-Body in oldrim-that´s the solution which is shown in the last pics-without ENB, instead with IMAGINATOR. (pics 8-14) This is the best solution, if you want perfect quality without leaving SKYRIM (LE).

SkyrimSE 2020-04-11 01-33-25-03.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-04-11 01-33-14-59.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-04-11 01-32-52-42.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-36-14-19.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-35-45-18.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-35-35-44.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-35-15-85.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-53-54-80.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-53-04-78.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-52-03-70.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-51-48-21.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-51-19-11.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-50-59-68.jpg

TESV 2020-04-11 01-50-45-21.jpg

you must be joking? what is this? those washed out and cartoon textures should be some example? it's not even close to SE capabilities

1 hour ago, Surverx said:

Sorry, it was just a joke. I could not resist ?

... but thanks for the interesting answers ?

I know, I know, and my expose should also be not be taken serious. We do have different reasons to use this or that version.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:20 PM, akayds said:

I've been contemplating moving to SE but i'm really unfamiliar with what i can't bring from my current setup. I don't have that much but I would like someone who knows better about the current state of SE mods to tell me if i can achieve a similar setup. Basically I have:

- small part of STEP:CORE (by part i mean only the optimization stuff, bugfixes, topping it with Skyrim Realistic Overhaul)
- armor mods / immersive armors / unique uniques / cloaks of skyrim / immersive weapons / minidress collection for clothes
- all of the above replacers HDT bodyslide files
- SL framework and OSA with a bunch of their mods & animation packs
- some gameplay changes like tk dodge/ultimate combat & quality of life stuff like unread books glow
- AIO body mod from loverslab (the oldrim one HDT-PE) including its npc replacers (JH NPCs to be precise, i also have KZstyle for khajiits)
- aesthetic stuff like Beards, hair packs etc
- also wondering if all core stuff like skse, bodyslide, XPMSE, fnis, wyrebash, etc are properly working for SE

LMK, thanks.

It´s easy to install both beside each other. And then you find out yourself what you want.

33 minutes ago, Laurawrn said:

Is this what SE looks like without graphical mods or is there something like Reshade being used here?

This is my port of follower Neisa, 8K skin, Rudy ENB... close to real as possible, not fantasy and cartoon crap

Serana 4K

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2019.08.31 - 17.34.26.57 (2).png

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2019.08.31 - 17.45.38.15.png

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2019.08.31 - 17.45.58.60.png

1 hour ago, Kokan said:

This is my port of follower Neisa, 8K skin, Rudy ENB... close to real as possible, not fantasy and cartoon crap

Serana 4K

They look awesome! I was thinking of picking up SSE after getting back into Skyrim modding after a relatively long hiatus and I think having visuals like that will make the purchase worth it!

40 minutes ago, Laurawrn said:

They look awesome! I was thinking of picking up SSE after getting back into Skyrim modding after a relatively long hiatus and I think having visuals like that will make the purchase worth it!

once you go SE you will see that you can't go back to LE, I know what I'm talking about, I have both

14 hours ago, Kokan said:

once you go SE you will see that you can't go back to LE, I know what I'm talking about, I have both

+1

I have tested SE a couple of times before but it wasn't at that time what I wanted. About half a year ago I tested SE and the newer SE mods again and now I have such a setup that I won't go back to LE.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, Kokan said:

here is a little comparison in the details

InkedThe Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2019.09.17 - 09.10.24.54_LI (3).jpg

The pictures are nice-the enb is perfect for photoshooting-but if I compare the details of the character, I have problems with aspects of the skin, specially the nose, which is absolutely not suiting to the rest: the holes are known-fake-like it is common for lot of years-if you go into such details in compare (with the fingernails and the rest), this is not suiting and totally lacking-btw is the head of SE again the low poly-model of "Lowrim", which doesn´t really suit to the new SE body. I personally think, that this texture-quality can also be achieved with 4K-the venes on the skin are also not looking made exactly. Black is too dark for my taste and this feature is stealing depth of the picture. Also black hair should show a structure, which is for about 80% a homogen surface with this setting. I would add more lightning-power for the diffuse-parameters of that enb. And I would switch off the depth-of-field, which is of course denying the distance-view.

About the head: can happen, that I will create a suiting head with some more poly-amount for the SE-version-later, WITH real nose-holes and real ears. Depends of course of it´s integration abilities with race-menu. (this is only my personal opinion, as usually)

The rudy-enb I also tested in the past-and I also know that hair of the character-this stuff is not foreign to me.

I have my reasons to stay with Lowrim.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

The pictures are nice-the enb is perfect for photoshooting-but if I compare the details of the character, I have problems with aspects of the skin, specially the nose, which is absolutely not suiting to the rest: the holes are known-fake-like it is common for lot of years-if you go into such details in compare (with the fingernails and the rest), this is not suiting and totally lacking-btw is the head of SE again the low poly-model of "Lowrim", which doesn´t really suit to the new SE body. I personally think, that this texture-quality can also be achieved with 4K-the venes on the skin are also not looking made exactly. Black is too dark for my taste and this feature is stealing depth of the picture. Also black hair should show a structure, which is for about 80% a homogen surface with this setting. I would add more lightning-power for the diffuse-parameters of that enb. And I would switch off the depth-of-field, which is of course denying the distance-view.

About the head: can happen, that I will create a suiting head with some more poly-amount for the SE-version-later, WITH real nose-holes and real ears. Depends of course of it´s integration abilities with race-menu. (this is only my personal opinion, as usually)

The rudy-enb I also tested in the past-and I also know that hair of the character-this stuff is not foreign to me.

I have my reasons to stay with Lowrim.

the pictures are from the original LE Followers, nothing has been changed except the hair, only the mesh is ported, the textures are the original. i wanted to show how they look in SE

5 hours ago, Kokan said:

the pictures are from the original LE Followers, nothing has been changed except the hair, only the mesh is ported, the textures are the original. i wanted to show how they look in SE

This is so often the fact-the porting is mostly creating little more texture-depth-but the SE-engine could do also "more" than showcase converted textures. It´s here again pity, that Bethesda did not spend the suiting tools so to mod the game on our desired level. A single download of an Creation-Kit is is not really a reason to jump happy into the air. I really understand that you prefer SE and if Bethesda would spend a serious support for it, nobody would discuss now to stay with Lowrim. And I understand that lot of people enjoy the SE-version-no question.

Problem is, that SE is MORE uncomfortable to mod into-it´s not really possible without "porting". That´s why I am quite unhappy with that version.

Skyrim in all versions is one of the best offline game, to create mods for. Even if there´s no overall access to the engine possible. The version doesn´t really matter.

23 minutes ago, t.ara said:

This is so often the fact-the porting is mostly creating little more texture-depth-but the SE-engine could do also "more" than showcase converted textures. It´s here again pity, that Bethesda did not spend the suiting tools so to mod the game on our desired level. A single download of an Creation-Kit is is not really a reason to jump happy into the air. I really understand that you prefer SE and if Bethesda would spend a serious support for it, nobody would discuss now to stay with Lowrim. And I understand that lot of people enjoy the SE-version-no question.

Problem is, that SE is MORE uncomfortable to mod into-it´s not really possible without "porting". That´s why I am quite unhappy with that version.

Skyrim in all versions is one of the best offline game, to create mods for. Even if there´s no overall access to the engine possible. The version doesn´t really matter.

by the way I don't use CK for anything, I don't even have one, porting is a children's game and not an excuse.

I have made the transition right now, and to contribute my opinion. SE is the way to go. However for a few couple mods I would advise people who have LE perfectly set up, and I know what I am talking here, from perfect ini files, to enbs, to chasing fucking texture problems, etc, stick with LE.

Still SE was an eye opener to me, the 64 bit really do matter, cbpc physics are incredible and easily configurable, although I was already experienced with JFF. Much more mod elasticity, and everything else is just stronger. Enbs will get there.

In time SE may become the go to and I think it will, I just hope some mods get ported eventually, I have been bitching about SE not having the sexlab speed animation control now that I realized it does not work, also some other minor ones like vanilla voices which you cant get around.