Should I switch from oldrim to SE

7 hours ago, Aceling said:

There's a lot more options for the original version. I have both and use the original one for sexlab mods and the SE for normal gameplay. There are mods for the SE but no one near the amount of content the original has. Also, for me at least, the SE version of sexlab had badly aligned animations.

You know the funny thing is i was wondering the same thing.   i will probably just use them both.  a while back though i saw that special edition had some good mods that oldrim didn't so i considered sexlab, but even though theres more mods for oldrim special edition is getting more mods at a higher rate

8 hours ago, Aceling said:

There's a lot more options for the original version. I have both and use the original one for sexlab mods and the SE for normal gameplay. There are mods for the SE but no one near the amount of content the original has. Also, for me at least, the SE version of sexlab had badly aligned animations.

I kind of have the reverse question - should I get oldrim (that's LE, right) to get the full set of SexLab options? I agree with you about badly aligned animations, which are somewhat immersion breaking.

My question is how much additional content I'd have access to by getting into Oldrim?

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

My question is how much additional content I'd have access to by getting into Oldrim?

Check the available files for Skyrim (3611 files, across 150 pages)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/1-skyrim/

Now do the same for Skyrim SE (731 files, across 32 pages)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/163-skyrim-special-edition/

And now take into account how many of these files are old as f, or completely obsolete by nowadays mods. Check how many of these LE files are easily converted ordon't require conversions at all to work in SE. How many mods you won't be using because are about an specific kink, body type or dependency you won't be using, etc.

There is no easy answer, numbers are a thing but so are conversions and obsolescence when you take into account mods from 2013. All you can do is check which mods are of interest for you and see where they're available.

And side note about animations misaligned, you'll probably have a similar experience in LE. Most of the animations in SE are just ports of LE stuff. Issues in alignment are a common thing as there are several factors to take in consideration here (body types the author uses v/s the ones the user has, terrain/furniture, actors scale, etc). There is an easy way to fix any misalignment with the hotkeys Sexlab has for this specific issue, and these changes are saved and used in future animations.

• 3 weeks later...

Im not sure what edition i should get of skyrim to play these mods, what is the best to use Special legendary or the original?

sorry if this has been asked before i only found 1 thread and it was quite old.

im looking to play the most amount of content and best animations etc....

thanks.

Im not sure what edition i should get of skyrim to play these mods, what is the best to use Special legendary or the original?

sorry if this has been asked before i only found 1 thread and it was quite old.

im looking to play the most amount of content and best animations etc....

thanks.

4 minutes ago, c00fc00f said:

sorry if this has been asked before

Only a thousand times. You can't have searched very hard if you only found one, old thread.

How do you expect anyone to answer your question when nobody knows (or cares) what mods you are referring to?

Try reading the descriptions of the mods you like to see whether they are available on LE, SE or both.

40 minutes ago, c00fc00f said:

But in general what do most use? i can tell old version has more mods but has been around since 2012. Lots of mods have been ported?

That's up to you to decide. If you check the main Skyrim SE section there are some interesting pinned threads. Like the Should I switch from oldrim to SE which is where we're now as some moderator must have merged your post here. There is also the SSE Conversion Tracking, which as the name implies keeps track of most of the mods that have been ported or are easy to port. There are also separate downloads section for regular Skyrim and Skyrim SE, you should take a look in there and see what you want to use or not.

There is no way another person will take the right decision for you, there are literally hundreds of mods to pick and chose and I'm not sure which ones you may or may not want in your game. If you need advice or personal opinions for reference just read the previous replies in this thread. There is nothing new to say IMO. 

I tried switching from LE to SE months ago because performance stability was tanking and I tried doing a succubus playthrough using ported PSQ in SE months ago but for some reason it doesn't work properly (like drain always killing people despite me disabling that feature) so I just gave up the playthrough halfway and decided to play SE without the kinky stuff.

So would it be right to assume that LE is better for sex mods and SE is for mods with a normal playthrough? I might plan to download both in the future again when I upgrade my storage so I can play it in 2 different ways.

I tried to switch to SSE late last year but too many of my must have mods had issues. Thanks to some great crash fixing mods, I rarely get a crash in Skyrim LE. The only advantage SSE offers me is smooth performance throughout the gameworld.

I will try to make the move again at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I have not touched Skyrim in about 3 years. My last playthrough was to 100% the Special Edition with all the debaucherous mods I could squeeze in. I remember, at the time, that the game was not super stable and I had to cut back. But my regular Skyrim game had the same/similar mods and was incredibly stable.

I also remember at the time the general consensus was to run original Skyrim if you played with a bunch of SexMods and Special Edition if you didn't. I wondering if that has changed or not? I see more people in Steam are on the Special Edition, but a huge amount are still on the Original.

It's been a year or so for me, but in my experience SE was leagues more stable than original Skyrim. To the point where I could get a load order that would never crash, where as in original the best I could hope for was crashing every few hours, or eventual script bloat making a save unplayable.

At this point the only reason I'd do original over SE is if there was one or two mods you just HAVE to have that weren't ported to SE.

If you're a new player or returning after a long break then SSE but if you're playing Oldrim right now or have recently then stick with it. Lot of players from oldrim say "must have mods" but if you come with expectations they might get ruined and you'll loose the interest. I was like that maybe 5-6 years ago then left oldrim because laggy glitchy crashy experiences. Came back couple of years ago went to SSE directly and I'm happy where it is and where it is going.

came here with the same old question, but to me it's rather about how stable SSE would run on my rig compared to Oldrim.

i got an AMD FX-8350 (8x4000MHz), 2x8GB DDR3, a Radeon RX570 OC with 8GB VRAM and install the game onto my 512GB SSD (SATA connected).

as for mods, i'd like to finally install a complete suite of sexlab mods with ABC and vagina collision body.

i can totally live with <4k textures and except for a few cases had no problem with the mesh details (or the lack thereof) in oldrim.

In the last half year i was constantly switching between SE and LE. So i felt to share my experiences...

I am running a pretty big Mod Setup (about 600 Mods with about 500 esps) with nearly all sub related feature unique Loverslab mods and all Extensions to gameplay i could find on Nexus. Like the motto just the Reference handle cap is the limit.

Properly configured both works extremely stable.

SSE has more mod related issues (3rd party ports/fixes, lesser testing) especially on LL.

LE has more Mods.

LE hast better compatibility between LL mods (more testing i guess).

But LE has lags, even with a relatively strong computer my fps was always between 30-80 fps.

SSE with a similar setup 70 - 150fps.
I have got a 144hz monitor i want to use it. Furthermore i have a lot of script heavy mods and since fps are coupled to papyrus execution i need really high fps to eliminate stack dumps.

I think i stay on SSE now, i am still missing slaverun but i need to learn to play without it :D

Sup folks. I'm doing a new gameplay but I'm not sure about what version I must to play. I want mods. Jiggles mods. Sexy mods. Sex mods. Booty mods. Animations. JIGGLE TIDDIES and all of that shit. Lol. So this 2020 the SE community is enough for that? Can I have my tiddies jiggles?

Also I usually made my own armor conversions to uunp. It's the same way for SE?

Thanks.

Skyrim SE is the best for Physics and Animations by far. I have tested both. Follow Aylis' guide here on LL if you get it. 

Also depends on your system. If you have a 3GB+ memory card with 1080p then do Skyrim SE. I have a 2GB memory card on 720p and I make it work, but I'd love a 3GB+ on 1080p :)