You and the other authors revamping "old" mods really are giving a second breath to the community.  So, thank you for that :)

I don't know if you and Monoman could consider merging his changes into the overhaul.  The EFF patch and Mimimum contract, with the main mod take 3 esps.  For now I've been merging them so it's not really an issue but not having to do so would be even better

Also please take over Slaverun <3

Highly appreciate you continuing this great mod in the meantime.

Spank that ass integration and a return of the older slower willpower are also exciting update prospects.

Good luck!

+1 to Mangalo's idea of merging some of Monoman's tweaks into the mod now that Lozeak has kindly left it open for continuation. 

1 hour ago, mangalo said:

I don't know if you and Monoman could consider merging his changes into the overhaul.

Doing a version of minimum contract for DF is definitely high on my list.

I was a bit pushed making the front page, as I made it once then a browser fail lost it, and I had to re-do it, but I meant to mention that, and several other things, and had, then forgot to do it in the second version.

I won't merge the minimum contract mod as is, because it has to do things an awkward way so as not to tread on DF's toes too much, but if you're editing DF, there are easier ways to get the same results. Can also add the options for it to the MCM, which it currently lacks.

Fixing the EFF and AFT integration and duplicate dismissal dialogs is also a high priority.

Can probably make dismissal dialog go away properly when it shouldn't be available.

Fixing weird potion forced version is a problem.

I think it will have to result in a complete rewrite of the scene for it, as it doesn't make any sense for the PC to stay with the follower as a result - and the quest binds them to the potion-maker, but in practice that's no good because all the post-drinking dialog is based around history with the follower, and is shared with the voluntary weird potion.

Fixing the device fitting is straightforward enough. DF just needs the correct devices set up in properties, which it might already have.

A big job is going through and checking the layout of all pop-up boxes, as many have CR/LF issues that were probably my fault in the first place :) 

But I need to check every message box in the game, and I guess I'll need a special script just to do that.

Something that shows what devices you are compliant/non-compliant with in the MCM would be useful - better than the rules dialog in practice.

It would help me debug some devices and quests that are a bit iffy.

Also, something that shows what location keywords are set for the current location, in the MCM would help fix issues with those. Expect to see both left in for player utility and bug reporting.

Just now, bauzz said:

So is this meant to be placed over the original mod and overwrite it?

If you're an NMM user, you can uninstall the original and install this.

Or you can simply install it and overwrite.

If you use MO, install this as a new module, put it just below the old one in the left pane, disable the old one, and then double check that the ESP is still enabled, as sometimes MO disables ESPs in that case for no good reason.

There are actually only a few scripts, the SEQ, the translation files, and the ESP different. Most source scripts are unchanged, though I did a bulk recompile, as the original version appeared to have some dialog fragments cross-linked, so multiple dialogs thought they had the same fragment - resulting in random outcomes when trying to edit it.

I also removed a defective spell that wasn't used and just threw up errors in Tes5Edit, but I still need to look at the Dwarven Handcuffs error.

Probably all the DF devices need rebuilding clean for 4.X

I think the handcuffs effect that destroys your armor should be changed too. That was always egregious, and could delete one-of-a-kind epic quest gear with no warning. It always infuriated people first time, and they'd never put them on a second time because they appear in mis-levelled locations that make them seem highly suspicious. It should have something more like the DCL slave collar that shocks you if you aren't naked.

I would like to add some more SexLab Survival awareness to DF too.

Nothing huge, but devious followers that were license-aware could be interesting.

They could even play funny pranks, like "borrowing" your licenses (and cash).

There's a lot that could be done with DF and SLS closer integrated. I guess we'll see is that's something there's time to do.

hi there Lupine00. nice to you managing this awesome mod now. I have a question though ...does this version of DF support the 4.3 version of DD especially when it comes to bound sex animations? cause the original DF at least for me would not play the bound sex animations. thanks.

Wow!

You really are going all out!

thank you for all the things and fixes you are doing

2 questions

first

do I need to dismiss the current D.Follower before updating?

second, after you squashed all the bugs would you consider to implement a more active follower?

meaning, walking through town, and the follower asks you (with low willpower forcegreet you)  to wear things or do things for a time or while in a place (a bit like devious helpers mod)

Asking this because for all the time I have DF installed I never managed to trigger the Merchant, Tavern or straightjacket deals or any plays; only once or twice the Jarl pet suit event and nothing more, so a proactive follower might play more often and make it a bit more fun.

Cheers

Thank you very much for releasing your fixes! 

I got a good chuckle from this one:

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The enslavement mode whoring can still cause the whore quest to crash, requiring a special ritual to make DF work again.

The cursed dwarven bracers definitely need a rework.  There's potential to make these fun, like requiring the wearer to be naked until feeding them 3 souls (killing 3 humanoids), to encourage the player to put up with them instead of trying to remove them in the normal ways.  If it's fun, players might "accidentally on purpose" equip them rather than avoiding them.

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

If it's fun, players might "accidentally on purpose" equip them rather than avoiding them.

One problem with the gauntlets was that they were an experiment for something that got abandoned - basically more cursed loot - done the old way, adding to levelled lists, rather than via a perk as DCL works now.

Should there be more items? Or was it right to abandon them?

The idea that there might more to them - some gameplay or trade off makes it more interesting, for sure.

9 hours ago, darktej said:

hi there Lupine00. nice to you managing this awesome mod now. I have a question though ...does this version of DF support the 4.3 version of DD especially when it comes to bound sex animations? cause the original DF at least for me would not play the bound sex animations. thanks.

I haven't fixed that. If you look at my earlier notes, it's something that needs attention.

Sex in DF is very simple, so I'm surprised it doesn't just work - because the DD filter is applied at the SexLab level - it may be there are some cases with explicit animations, but it's ages since I looked at any of that code.

Some of the custom DF devices are not working right though; I'm sure of that.

32 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I haven't fixed that. If you look at my earlier notes, it's something that needs attention.

Sex in DF is very simple, so I'm surprised it doesn't just work - because the DD filter is applied at the SexLab level - it may be there are some cases with explicit animations, but it's ages since I looked at any of that code.

Some of the custom DF devices are not working right though; I'm sure of that.

am at a loss here unfortunately this mod, and several other DD dependent mods have their animation filters not working as intended. hope it gets addressed ...cause I want to get back to playing all these mods properly as it was intended. anyways thanks for picking up this awesome mod!

7 hours ago, darktej said:

am at a loss here unfortunately this mod, and several other DD dependent mods have their animation filters not working as intended.

Yes. People have reported complaints on the DD forum, and elsewhere, and it's still unclear if it's an issue in DD 4.3, or simply something that 4.3 has exposed that was a common misuse case.

I haven't looked into this at all yet, but my suspicion is that it's more than one problem.

• Some people are seeing old devices that were badly ported to 4.0 and always had issues of various kinds.
  • Other people are seeing a genuine problem in DD's filter.

The latter may be tag dependent, and might not show up for everyone, because some people have mods that have patched their tags.

Thank you for Continuing this Mod!  

Thoughts - adding Milking dialog for payments.   Sex for payments - that gradually reduce in value (ie start at 500 gold for a sex act and the next one is 400, 300, until zero where the  follower thinks sex with the PC isnt worth it anymore).   Willpower is at zero - follower will suggest he/she follows PC for their own good/protection.   Willpower at zero - follower will sell you things at high prices (useful items like arrows, lockpicks, or even useless items like gems thet are worth 20g and follower charges you 100g in debt)

random thoughts

Ah, this takes me back...

58 minutes ago, macnchz said:

Thoughts - adding Milking dialog for payments.

I always wanted an MME integration and a milk deal, and I would have added it to my private DF, but...

The only thing I could come up with - that was easy - was a lactacid deal...

Stage 1: follower makes you drink lactacid once, when you take the deal.

Stage 2: follower makes you drink lactacid whenever you wake up.

Stage 3: follower makes you drink lactacid regularly through the day (keeps you topped up with at least 10 lactacid).

Stage 4??? follower locks you in chastity bra and only removes it in cities. The pain! Willpower is shattered!

It would work, but it's a bit monotonous.

Maybe the "stage 2" could fit in a modular deal?

With forced potion quest, do people think that it's valid for the potion-giver to become your DF, removing your old DF unless you have a follower mod?

The dialog refers to the potion giver not wanting to be parted from the PC, but it makes no sense if the PC has never met them before.

I could change the dialog and scene dialog significantly, and keep you bound to your original DF...

Or I could leave the dialog more or less as is, and swap you to the potion-giver - who could be anyone in the potential follower faction. (Possibly with some exclusions).

Being perma-bound to some DF you cannot anticipate might be a bit harsh.

I think not changing the DF is more predictable for the player, but OTOH, maybe the threat of it happening is fun?

Also, I think if you get sold, I expect that your original owner remains as your potion-fix, so selling should probably be clocked if potion quest fires (and probably isn't right now).

I think Lozeak might have intended for you to have to come back to the 'feeder' in the forced case. Which means you need to set a long delay.

But other things contradict that. It's not very coherent.

In the voluntary case, it's much simpler and the dialog all makes more sense, but you don't ever see the scene.

Any opinions?

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Yes. People have reported complaints on the DD forum, and elsewhere, and it's still unclear if it's an issue in DD 4.3, or simply something that 4.3 has exposed that was a common misuse case.

I haven't looked into this at all yet, but my suspicion is that it's more than one problem.

• Some people are seeing old devices that were badly ported to 4.0 and always had issues of various kinds.
  • Other people are seeing a genuine problem in DD's filter.

The latter may be tag dependent, and might not show up for everyone, because some people have mods that have patched their tags.

it could be a trouble with the filter itself. but somehow at least for me...bound sex through Cursed Loot seems to play properly. but anyways hope it gets resolved soon.

3 minutes ago, darktej said:

it could be a trouble with the filter itself. but somehow at least for me...bound sex through Cursed Loot seems to play properly. but anyways hope it gets resolved soon.

DF fires SexLab in an extremely simplistic way - using SexLabUtil.QuickStart calls with tags.

So the only thing that can make it special is the devices that you wear. In practice, most of them come straight from DD.

But there's no saying that all DD items work correctly.

DCL devices are more likely to be tested and verified by Kimy.

I've found quite a few errors in DD items. There are just so many and mistakes slip through.

Kimy never acknowledges bug reports, so you never know if she is working on fixing issues, or if they have been fixed, unless you examine the ESP in detail after an update.

If you can identify exactly what your character is wearing when things go wrong, it might help me diagnose this.

FormIDs please. I know the top byte isn't directly very helpful, but you could look up and see what mod they're from in your game.

With a description of the item and an ID, can probably track them down anyway.

If it's a specific DF item, like town-collar, rubber suit for warmth, or light whore armor then that's enough to go on.

List all the items on the character if there are more than one.

If you are aware of a DF bug, please report it.

I want to get all the kinks out before adding anything new.

At the moment, I'm mainly aware of issues relating to being enslaved.

Endless mode 'gift/present' might be a bit wrong, but with some of these things you have to guess what it was trying to achieve, and the evidence is self-contradictory.

Oh, a lot of people probably aren't aware that if you are enslaved, if the follower finds a dress-code violation and adds devices, there's also a cash punishment.

(Debt is usually mentioned in the dialog, but cash is taken - I've changed this to a more ambiguous 'pay' or 'cost').

In the scripts, the follower takes half your current held cash each time.

If you are in gold control mode - which you will be if it was enabled - then that amounts to a half gold-limit debt increase each time.

If you are not in gold control mode - then you probably won't have any cash to speak of - and it usually results in no penalty at all.

I feel this entire mechanic is a little flawed.

• It could be replaced with the MCM-defined punishment amount,
  • or perhaps a special enslaved punishment amount,
  • or keep the half-cash for gold control and something else if you aren't in gold control,
  • or removed entirely.

Do people have strong feelings about this?