About This File
This mod makes it easy to register new animations in SexLab.
Several animators on LoversLab have been creating lots of new animation files, but don't have the modding experience necessary to create mods that load them in Skyrim. This mod aims to help solve that problem. Now you can create simple animation packs without needing any modding experience, and then you can use this mod to load them in Skyrim.
Dependencies For Users
If you just want to load an animation pack that someone else has already built, this is all you need:
Dependencies for Animators
If you want to build your own animation packs, you will also need:
Just install this normally like you would install any other mod. This mod doesn't come with any animations though, so you will likely want to also install some animation packs as well.
Installing animation packs:
Install animation packs just like you would any other mod. (They need to be unpacked and put into your Skyrim data directory.)
After installing the mod, open the MCM menu, select the animations you want to register, then click "Register"
Rebuild the SexLab animation registry after uninstalling this mod to remove any animations it added.
No clean save or special upgrade steps needed. You will generally want to rebuild the SexLab animation registry after upgrading animation packs, to make sure you pick up the new pack data.
Creating animation packs
The mod itself contains a readme and an example animation pack source file.
Normally you'll want to edit your animation pack source file, then run SLAnimGenerate.py to generate the FNIS lists and the JSON data read by this mod.
You will need to run GenerateFNISforModders.exe if the FNIS lists change.
An example animation pack can be found here.
Additional documentation can be found in the README or in the example source file.
I'd like to make SLAnimGenerate automatically update the FNIS behavior files, so you don't need to manually run GenerateFNISforModders.exe.
Probably several. Feel free to let me know if you run into anything unusual.
Public domain. Feel free to do whatever you want with this. If Ashal or rydin ever want to include any of this code directly in SexLab or NSAP that would be cool with me.
- Ashal, for SexLab
- Earen, for JContainers
- rydin, for writing awesome docs, helping support users, and helping to build packs
- CGi, for the German translation and setting up translation files for other languages
- CPU, for fixing creature races when multiple races are used in an animation
- MadMansGun, for updating the creature races list to match the latest More Nasty Critters release
- All the awesome animators on LL for inspiring me to write this
- Probably others I'm forgetting
What's New in Version 1.5
- Version 1.5:
- - Included CPU's fix to set actor race correctly
- Version 1.4:
- - Updated creature races list to match MNC v10, provided by MadMansGun
- - Added a "Count Animations" button to the MCM, to help tell how close you will be to the SexLab animation limits.
- Version 1.3:
- - Add German translation provided by CGi
- - Fix generation of JSON data for per-stage sound and timer settings
- Version 1.2:
- - Improve error messages when no animation files are found
- - Be more accepting of different animation file names
- - Fix a bug where some FNIS lists would not be regenerated correctly in some rare situations
- - Improve printing of JSON modifications that would be generated
- Version 1.1:
- - Set animation tags correctly