Hi, first thanks for continuing this great mod!

Second, I did run into a bug from 2.03a that I'm not sure if you fixed it or not:

On two occasions, I've entered a palace area (Riften once and Dragonsreach palace the other) and a dialogue box popped up where the descriptions seems to be that your follower and the guards are forcing you into bondage boots while you protest you aren't a slave.

After I click the dialogue box away, I hear the equipping sound, but nothing happens. When I go to speak with the devious follower, the conversation options from the devious  followers mod are just gone, and only vanilla skyrim options are available.

I don't know if you came across this yet so figured I'd mention it. 

edit: I just had it happen in this 2.04 version. The event starts with the follower saying "Guards! Can you help me get my slave ready to meet the Jarl?" and then the text pops up.

After that, the Devious followers dialogue is no longer available from your follower, or the vanilla dismiss follower option.

additional edit: I should mention, events are still happening from the devious followers mod, and the line for removing devices (pay/ key game) is still there. But the top line item that allows you to ask about deals, debts, etc. is gone along with the line to dismiss followers. 

I looked at the file and it looks like _DFlowJarlGame [MESG:080E0485] makes a call to  _DFlow "Devious Follower" [QUST:08000D62] and then there's supposed to an equipping of full bondage gear (pony suit) but something in there must not be right.

I hope that helps you out.

The follower snatches my cloth saying its my fault. When I examined the outfit I had given to my follower, i see one of the item had changed biped slot and the item is not worn by the follower. Is this mod doing it or is there some other nasty mod doing it? Happened with the Ebony Bikini Top my follower was wearing, it changed from biped slot 32 to 52. slot 52 was used by the Bikini Thong. Now I am puzzled which mod is doing this. I also have SexLab Survival installed.

20 hours ago, Sospice said:

Hi, first thanks for continuing this great mod!

Second, I did run into a bug from 2.03a that I'm not sure if you fixed it or not:

On two occasions, I've entered a palace area (Riften once and Dragonsreach palace the other) and a dialogue box popped up where the descriptions seems to be that your follower and the guards are forcing you into bondage boots while you protest you aren't a slave.

After I click the dialogue box away, I hear the equipping sound, but nothing happens. When I go to speak with the devious follower, the conversation options from the devious  followers mod are just gone, and only vanilla skyrim options are available.

I don't know if you came across this yet so figured I'd mention it. 

edit: I just had it happen in this 2.04 version. The event starts with the follower saying "Guards! Can you help me get my slave ready to meet the Jarl?" and then the text pops up.

After that, the Devious followers dialogue is no longer available from your follower, or the vanilla dismiss follower option.

additional edit: I should mention, events are still happening from the devious followers mod, and the line for removing devices (pay/ key game) is still there. But the top line item that allows you to ask about deals, debts, etc. is gone along with the line to dismiss followers. 

I looked at the file and it looks like _DFlowJarlGame [MESG:080E0485] makes a call to  _DFlow "Devious Follower" [QUST:08000D62] and then there's supposed to an equipping of full bondage gear (pony suit) but something in there must not be right.

I hope that helps you out.

Sorry to say, that I cannot help you with the issue.
But, I'm curious how on earth have you triggered that event? :D 
I've been trying for quite a while now and just can't seem to get it :( 

4 hours ago, Garfieldcat said:

Sorry to say, that I cannot help you with the issue.
But, I'm curious how on earth have you triggered that event? :D 
I've been trying for quite a while now and just can't seem to get it :( 

I would try to avoid activating that game right now. The only way to fix the issue with the broken dialogue trees is to do a reset of the DF mod in the MCM.

But I was looking at the "Jarl Game" and the conditions seem to be;

1:  "LocTypeCast" (you basically need to be in a castle/ throneroom, anyplace with that keyword as the location ID)

2:  Will power must be less than 6.

3: Deal value is greater than 4 (I'm not sure if this is calculated as number of deals made, or number of categories of deals made, haven't sorted how that works out yet).

There's also a call elsewhere that seems to require at least 10 or more games days to have passed with the present devious follower but I'm not sure if that's the right interpretation of that.  It could be it's calling for the DFlow stage to be greater than 10 and less than 100 and it then checks that against the event timer to see if this stage is accessible, but not sure in what way.

there's a check for worn items as well that can be summed up as you MUST be wearing a devious collar but you MUST NOT be wearing certain other bondage devices (for simplicity's sake, just a collar, nothing else).

So it runs through the DFlow main routine and you get a hit for ALL those conditions (these are AND statements), it will initiate the Jarl Game.

I haven't gotten so far as to finding what happens next and why activating this particular game breaks things so dialogue options stop showing up. If I have some time, I'll investigate it later.

For now, if you activate it and it breaks things, I'd just suggest removing your character's devious collar when entering palaces to avoid having this mini game trigger. 

I think it's supposed to equip one of the straight jackets. :D

image.png.d2df8c1aec435399d91e82ef53a10388.png4: It looks to me like

image.png.f03d2ed33693fbb279c198dda5ecb906.png

It worked! I mean the event started.
I came to report that it worked fine for me though.
It starts as you described, then I get a pop-up window describing situation.
The suit is put on, on me and special dialogue boxes appear.
Ends fine too.

So whatever the issue is, I'm afraid it's not the version.

22 hours ago, Zagzaguel said:

Also you might get stuck in the sequence triggering the event, forcing you into a reload (altough Id guess thats fixed with @Lupine00 update)

I've done a lot to it since I posted a version, so there are more improvements to come, but I didn't address who it binds you to yet.

I wasn't sure what people wanted at the time I was working on it, and then I moved onto some other things.

I think it should only trigger off potential followers though, which would remove children and ... erm ... most ... dogs.

I'll explicitly remove children and animals to be sure.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:40 AM, Zagzaguel said:

That should be Stage3 of the piercings deal. No clue what exactly is expected from you there but I believe its just a 2nd "Naked in town" deal

It comes from ... bondage deal level 3 ... I think.

Or possibly from enslavement.

I think you would need to be wearing mittens boots and collar for this to NOT fire.

I would need to actually look at the mod to know for sure, and I'm a bit pushed for time just now.

What exactly did the follower give you?

What quest stage do you have set for _DFlow and _DFlowSlaveEvents?

I know I did some things to this dialog recently, but mainly to ensure it only fires when you aren't blocked form fulfilling it due to other devices.

I think it had some little issues previously, and ought to be better now. And by now I mean I don't know for sure what I did before the uploaded version, but I've done more to it since, and need to roll that out soon.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, Sospice said:

This sounds like the Jarl game.

It sounds like there might be some problem with your game or your DF or DD install.

14 hours ago, Sospice said:

I think it's supposed to equip one of the straight jackets. :D

It tries to equip a pet suit. If you have a DD too old for the pet suit to exist, that would be bad.

Then, clearly the scene starts and locks you out of regular DF dialog.

Whether that's due to your DD, or simply a broken DF install with missing properties (and that happens to Skyrim installs often enough) I couldn't tell.

A log might give an indication.

When the main dialog vanishes, you should get an alternative dialog option where you can ask if you are stuck in a scene? Is that appearing for you? It will likely be lower down the choices in your main dialog list.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, Tron91 said:

The follower snatches my cloth saying its my fault. When I examined the outfit I had given to my follower, i see one of the item had changed biped slot and the item is not worn by the follower. Is this mod doing it or is there some other nasty mod doing it? Happened with the Ebony Bikini Top my follower was wearing, it changed from biped slot 32 to 52. slot 52 was used by the Bikini Thong. Now I am puzzled which mod is doing this. I also have SexLab Survival installed.

The dialogue sounds like survival but survival does not change armor slots. So your follower probably thought they were naked and decided to take it out on you. 

this mod is still completely bugged.
deals are repeated over and over again, though you already have them, with this wired potion quest you will always be freed (at least 50 times) by at least most of the devices.

even in infinite mode one is enslaved and eventually exposed in this cave, ..

many of these deals do not work together ...

but if you ask me these "deals" should not happen ...
head cinema is zero ...
the companion is either dominant, or he / she is not ...
without these deals ...
in a deal, you agree and agree ... it is quite different if required by yourself.

Hello everyone, first time posting, long time lurker, sorry for the bad english, i'd like to drop a suggestion that may be quite radical, but less confusing from a player perspective.
I think this change can keep the soul of devious follower as it was intended by lozeak but with a better system, even though it would mean to scrap a lot of code.

You see,  i think the life/willpower system is really bad right now, the thing not only is confusing but many of his bugs beak the mod, and from my experience the mod always leads me to nowhere other than having a dovahkiin all adorned with random and unrelated devious devices and deals(who would most of the times cripple negatively my gameplay) , and a DF who wants to have sex with her sometimes.

So here's what im suggesting:

1. Deals and debt remain almost unchanged.

2. No more multiple deals at once, instead the deals are "questlines" all themed around a certain flavour, they work as stages, stage 1 removes 200 debt, stage 2 removes anther 200 etc.etc. paying out of the deal may be 400 gold for stage 1 and 800 for 2 idk really.
Oh and end of deal =/= slavery, when a deal stage reach the maximum you'll remain in that state until you can pay it off or start a new one, for the latter the previous deal stops being enforced and the new one will start with only the deal price stacking (it's quite less complex and maybe less buggy this way i think, and it allows to explore more fetishes without turning into a mess that tries to keep in check plenty of deals at once).

3. With more deals being complete the devious follower may start to ask some radiant requests, maybe sex, maybe humiliating tasks, regardless, they remove debt.

3.5 the more deals you complete the more the requests becomes demands, forcing you to complete them unless you want the debt to increase

4. After a certain amount of deals, the devious follower may enslave you if you can't pay your debt, or you can choose to become his slave.

5. Enslavement can have different outcomes, like becoming a prostitute, a ponygirl, a gladiator forced to fight in an underground arena where the loser gets punished, a guinea pig for new erotic drugs or hell, being forced to do illegal stuff, you name it. All with their good freedom endings and bad ends.

6. High debt tresholds will enable negative events aganist you from the follower, stuff like refusing to carry goods, taking you strongest gear as pawn, calling the guards in cities who will force you to take deals, to the more extreme stuff like attaching restraints on you while sleeping and demanding sexual favours if you want them removed, betraying you while in combat by siding with the enemies/running away, and knocking you out to sell you to someone or start slavery.
This negative events don't need to be sexual, they are there as a deterrent for not taking deals/paying.

Those are the main pillars of the new system im suggesting, i think it would make for a better and cleared (un)friendly experience, and even though some users may disagree with this railroaded approach in confront of the more chaotic we have right now, i think it's for the better, this mod is getting more complex by the day, and the skyrim engine is quite infamous for not liking complex stuff.

Anyway, i can already see lupine saying "oh hell no!" At the thought of rebuilding the mod and i can totally understand that. Nevertheless i just wanted to share this idea, maybe it's good enough to reconsider keeping the willpower/life system,  maybe it's too much alien from the current state and direction of the mod, and it's better for it to be it's own thing without changing so radically lozeak's child, and at that point, all i can do is hope for some talented guy to be intrigued enough to take the challenge.

And now back to lurking, bye and thanks for reading!

1 hour ago, icecreamgod said:

Hello everyone, first time posting, long time lurker, sorry for the bad english, i'd like to drop a suggestion that may be quite radical, but less confusing from a player perspective.

Welcome to the forums!  Suggestions are always welcome.  Even they don't get implemented, something in there can spark an idea in the author's head for an improvement or new feature. 

Personally, rather than a radical change, I think some help for the willpower system would benefit the overall experience (an optional alternate willpower mechanic more like DF 1.x is on the future plans list).  Multiple deals and potentially becoming festooned with devices seems to be core to the mod's concept.  What you're wearing is a good visual gauge of how well you're doing. 

I'm not fully familiar with the 2.x system, other than that willpower is fully restored with a full night's rest, which I think goes too far.  If you awake locked in a lot of restraints, you should not start the day at full confidence.  

The big problem with 1.x was that willpower tended to drop very slowly before plummeting and staying very low.  Much of the time DF was either too easy or too hard.  Some tweaks there could help.  The first device worn should have the greatest effect on pride and confidence (increasing willpower loss at the beginning), with decreasing effect for each additional device.  With a reasonable minimum on willpower recovery from sleep, the player might be able to hover in the middle range with several deals, though still become overwhelmed with too many deals.   

The slope should be more slippery at the beginning, but not become a total cliff until around 9 deals.

I don't know if this was handled in 2.x, but it would help if willpower gain scaled a bit with time slept (with a cap of course), rather than being all or nothing at 6 hours. 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:33 AM, Krynn said:

this mod is still completely bugged.
deals are repeated over and over again, though you already have them, with this wired potion quest you will always be freed (at least 50 times) by at least most of the devices.

Most people aren't seeing this.

I suspect the problem is with your install somewhere.

Quick question/request Lupine. Is there any chance of adding a keyholder function to DF? I think I remember something about that in the original DF thread where you commented on what you would do with a 'be my keyholder' option, and was wondering if now that you're offering your updates to DF you would consider following through with those ideas?

7 hours ago, Xiaron said:

Quick question/request Lupine. Is there any chance of adding a keyholder function to DF? I think I remember something about that in the original DF thread where you commented on what you would do with a 'be my keyholder' option, and was wondering if now that you're offering your updates to DF you would consider following through with those ideas?

It would be nice to do something about keys.

The followers won't hold keys feature in SLS is a bit of a blunt instrument.

At the moment there's just so much to go through and do even a first-pass of clean-up on.

For example, I want the code relating to each MCM page grouped together, but it isn't; so if you want to change a page, you find yourself jumping all over the place, and searching through giant handler routines that are in random order. Just sorting those handlers is a chore and does't add a single new feature, or fix any bugs ... except sometimes it does, because when I go through things I find little oddities or quirks. As I haven't done that cleanup yet (I did a little bit), I don't know what I'll find. Maybe something...

Specific examples of minor quirks:

In the willpower resistance handler, once you have zero will, no handling is performed, so the resistance damage from the final incident that takes you to zero will is never fully resolved. The difference this makes in practice is slight, and in many cases none at all, but it means at zero will, resistance is in an undefined state, which could lead to bugs of one kind or another.

In the sleep handler, if your sleep is interrupted, you don't get any benefit, even if you slept for over six hours before the interruption occurred.

The number of times I've patched that one in my own game, I've lost track of.

I've done the willpower regain and resistance changes, but there's a problem right now, so once that is resolved, I'll be looking at releasing it.

I decided to incorporate both deals and devices worn into the calculation.

It uses a new feature that calculates a weighted 'impact' of the devices you are wearing and uses that to help determine willpower regain.

Back in 1.X the system counted devices, and an armbinder counted the same as arm cuffs. The new system gives more weight to impactful "life-changing" devices like armbinders, blindfolds, mittens, etc.

If you combine it with the existing "deals limit max will" change, it applies the new regain amount, and only then applies the willpower cap, so you should be able to use both together sensibly.