Devious Devices - Integration

View File

Devious Devices

By The DD Team:

- Kimy (Lead Maintainer)
- Min (Founder)
- Feuertin

- El Duderino

Past Contributors: Zadil, Coopervane, Koffii, Aelie, zenetx, Srende, Lordescobar666, xaz, Cedec0, MaikCG, Princessity, Heretical, Pincopallino

FEATURES

Devious Devices is a collection of restraining devices and toys to torment your Dragonborn, including, but not limited to: chastity belts, collars, cuffs, vibrators, gags, armbinders, yokes, slave harnesses, straitjackets and even hobble skirts! And don't worry about wiggling out of them: All devices lock in place, and only the correct key can open the locks! And these devices don't just look restrictive, they ARE! These shackles really lock your hands on your back and make you unable to fight. Running in leg irons? No way! And yes, wearing a gag will make you speak gibberish!

• Escape system: Nobody likes to be tied up. At least not against their will! Try to escape your bindings by attempting to struggle out from them, cut them, or pick the locks! You might succeed! Or you will just tighten your restraints, or break your lockpicks. If you are really unlucky, you will jam the lock and be unable to unlock yourself even if you have the key, unless you manage to repair the lock.
  • Framework: Want to create your own bondage mod? Kinky quests? Custom restraints? DD is providing all needed functionality for that, so you don't have to! Want to create custom bondage items? Just make your item use the DD scripts and customize dozens of properties to your taste and create your own toys without writing one line of code! Items with custom keys? No problem! Multiple locks? For sure! Timed locks? You bet! Cuttable material? Yep, got that, too! Impossible to struggle out from? Check! Items that cannot be removed as long as another is locked on? Yes, even that! And if all of that isn't enough, override the item behavior with a custom script. If you think it can't be done, think again!
  • Devious Effects: Unique and devious effects to tantalize, titillate, and torment the Dragonborn and her companions! Whether it's inflatable, vibrating, or simply impossible to remove, you'll find something different with each item! All plugs increase stimulation, and do so at different rates based on what you do; sitting down or riding a horse is much more intense than just walking around! The inflatable plugs can be squeezed manually for more stimulation, or by accident as you travel around Skyrim! Want something more intense? Try the vibrating soulgem plugs! Some are activated by magic, others will have a mind of their own and activate randomly or after building up for a good strong burst of vibrations. But watch out, there are some plugs out there that are much more devious: the victim will be driven to the edge by these relentless plugs, but never allowed sweet release...
  • Full NPC Support: All devious devices are capable of being worn by NPCs, and most devious effects will function on them as well! Show your companion who's in charge, or teach that annoying bitch in the shop a lesson!
  • Intuitive Interfaces: No need to use spells, shouts, or other quirky methods to enjoy these devices! Just click them in your inventory and choose what you want to do with them via the easy to use interaction menu!
  • Sexlab Support: While in a chastity belt, the Dragonborn's (or any NPC's) most intimate of intimates will be off limits! The actors will be unable to use any sex scenes involving the "Vaginal", "Anal", "Masturbation", or "Fisting" tags. In most cases, the scene will be replaced by a chastity-friendly scene, including Oral, Blowjobs, Handjobs, Boobjobs, and whatever else may be available. While wearing gags, the Oral animations will be off limits as well, unless it happens to be a ring gag.
  •  Sexlab Aroused Support: Being locked away in cold steel may not seem so bad at first, but the longer the Dragonborn is locked away, the more she'll crave that sweet release! Animations, on-screen messages, and even sounds will change depending upon arousal level; same with NPCs!

COMPATIBILITY AND CONFLICTS

General remark: The point of this mod is locking the player in restraints hard to remove. This feature might cause issues with other mods not expecting the character to wear unremovable items. Known issues will be listed in this section. Feel free to report incompatibilities in the support thread.

• Frostfall: While wearing restraints the player might be unable to keep herself warm.
  • Player Succubus Quest: Transformation will wipe restraints from your character, so this function is generally incompatible with DD. Disable Transformation if you want to use this mod with and DD mod.
  • Trapped in Rubber: is using custom restraints not compatible with DD in general. Solution: Make sure you're not wearing any DD items before you start the quest and suspend any mod that might equip DD items on you while playing TiR.
  • SPERG: Works fine, but set Hand to Hand combat to "Manual" in its MCM to avoid annoying clicking sounds when wearing wrist restraints.
  • Play Random Idle - can break custom idles used by our restraints.

REQUIREMENTS

Devious Devices - Assets Version 3
SexLab 1.6+
SexLab Aroused Redux

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Version 4.2: No new game required when updating from any 4.x version.

INSTALLATION

1. Install ALL requirements listed above using your favorite mod manager, including THEIR respective requirements.
2. Install this mod.
3. Run FNIS when done
4. Start up Skyrim, and either create a New Game, or load your Save.
5. Save the game, and then load the save you just created (DD will not register Animations / Events until you load a save after it has been installed).
6. Install all three DD mods with your mod manager of choice.
7. And don't forget to use Bodyslide to build the assets. Half of all user support requests root in them not running Bodyslide. RUN BODYSLIDE!!!!

IF THE DEVICES ARE INVISIBLE IN GAME, YOU FORGOT TO RUN BODYSLIDE AND BATCH BUILD THE DEVICES!!!

KNOWN ISSUES

• The 'equipped' indicator for the belt may not update immediately following player interaction. This can be solved easily by closing and reopening the inventory or selecting another item (It is simply a display quirk).
  • Attempting to interact with a specific device while having multiple instances of it in your inventory is ill-advised, due to a limitation with Skyrim. Doing so will unpredictably cause Skyrim to not send the Papyrus events that the devices require to function (OnUnequipped / OnEquipped), leading to a device visually being equipped, despite being unequipped in your inventory. If you encounter this issue, remove all but one copy of the problem-device from your inventory, then re-equip said device.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How to best report any issues with Devious Devices?
A: Post your issue in the support thread and describe what happened, and how. In enough detail that we might have a chance to understand what went wrong there. Oh, and post a Papyrus log if you can. While we might be able to guess the cause of your problem every now and then, chances are that we will never find out what went wrong unless you provide me with the log. DO NOT PM THE DD TEAM WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS!!!

Q: I have this and that problem with an older version of Devious Devices.
A: Please don't ask about older versions. Ever. We release patches for a reason. Use them! Some of them even might have fixed the exact bug you're reporting to occur in your ancient version of this mod. Only the newest version is supported at any time. Don't post any questions in the support thread unless you're running the -newest- version of this mod AND all of its requirements.

Q: I have a support question and wonder if I should PM it to you.
A: Please, PLEASE do NOT use PMs for support issues and bug reports. We might/will ignore them and delete them without responding to them! Support requests belong in the support thread and nowhere else, so other people having the same issue can see the reply as well, or even help each other, so I don't have to answer ALL questions people might have.

Q: Can I suggest new features?
A: Absolutely! We have implemented a lot of user-suggested features and will continue doing so. But please understand that we cannot implement them all and that some others we really just won't like enough.

Q: Will this mod ever support male player characters?
A: Not officially. There are conversions for male characters available on LoversLab. YMMV.

Q: Why are the bundled items changing my body when equipped? Why are some items invisible? Why is everything so messed up???
A: Use Bodyslide, Luke! It's listed in the requirements for a reason. You need to actually build the assets with Bodyslide!

Q: Is this mod compatible with <obscure mod you found in a remote corner of the internet and nobody else but you ever seems to use>?
A: Ummm...I dunno.. You tell me! We list all known incompatibilities in this ReadMe, but there are really a lot of mods out there, and we can't possibly test them all.

Q: Why don't you add <items from this and that other restraint mod available on LL> to DD's item library?
A: If the other mod has been out on LL for more than a couple months and we haven't added the items, chances are that we don't like them enough and/or their creators didn't give permission.

Q: Can I translate your mod?
A: Yes. But please re-post only the files needed for the actual translation, as a patch with a link to the offical mod! Do NOT re-distribute the entire mod. If you want to post the translated files outsides of LL, please ask for permission first.

Q: I found this awesome model that would be a perfect fit for a DD item. Will you include it?
A: We will not put in anything in DD that doesn't support both CBBE Bodyslide and UUNP. The model AND the sliders obviously also need to come with permissions to freely include and distribute it in 3rd party mods. If it does, feel free to suggest it!

Q: Where can I get the items in game?
A: DD itself won't equip anything on you. It is a library of bondage items and mechanics related to them. You will need mods actually using the framework, such as Captured Dreams, Shout Like a Virgin, or Deviously Cursed Loot.

Q: Will this mod ever support another body than CBBE Bodyslide or UUNP?
A: That's very extremely unlikely. Unless another body completely takes over the market in the future, we will not even think about it. CBBE and UUNP are good enough and support pretty much any imaginable body shape through Bodyslide. There is zero reason for more body mods, really.

Q: I unequipped an item, but it's still visually on my character!
A: See the "Known Issues" section.

PERMISSIONS

Anyone that wishes to use this mod as a dependency for their own work is quite welcome to. Proper credit is appreciated.

• You can NOT bundle/re-distribute any parts of this mod with your own (e.g. include patched versions of DD's files in your mod) as future updates to DD might break your and other mods if you do
  • You can NOT post this mod or any of its parts (including any derived works) outsides of LL without explicit permission.
  • You can NOT incorporate any parts of this mod in any for-profit project (Donations/Patreons are fine as long as they are strictly voluntary and don't offer the donor any tangible advantage over non-donors)
  • You can NOT incorporate any parts of this mod in a project that's going to be uploaded to Bethesda.Net and/or made available for consoles in any other way.
  • You can NOT use any parts of this mod in a closed source project. No exceptions, ever. No need to ask for permission either. It won't be given.
  • You can NOT publish a fork of this mod (as in using it as a base for a project offering similar functionality) without permission. That includes porting it to other platforms/games.
  • You CAN otherwise use code for your own projects as long as you include all source code with your distribution and allow others to use your own code in a similar fashion. And give proper credit where it's due. All above rules still apply! For art assets, please contact their respective creator directly.

For all third party assets used by this mod, all conditions set by their original creators apply instead. Please contact the respective author for further information on permissions etc.

FOR MODDERS

API Documentation can be found in zadlibs.psc (code comments within that file). Feel free to ask team members if you need assistance creating a mod using the resources provided by this mod.
Devious Devices utilizes Github for source control: You can view the Integration, Assets, and Expansion repositories at https://github.com/DeviousDevices/.

CONTRIBUTION LICENCE

Contributions to DD are welcome! If you are considering contributing to DD, here are our guidelines for your consideration:
By contributing assets or code to DD, you grant the DD team represented by its lead maintainer a non-exclusive, non-revocable, and non-transferable licence to use your assets without limitation in Devious Devices or projects for other games, provided that proper credits are given. You still retain full rights to your work. Everything you create is still yours. Instead of this licence, you may also opt to place your work under an alternative licence compatible with the above, such as Creative Commons or MIT (it cannot be more restrictive, though!) In the later case, we will mark your work as subject to the licence you chose.

CREDITS

Min and Kimy for the code.
Zadil and Koffii for the devices in Devious Devices Assets.
Coopervane for his enormous contributions to Devious Devices - Expansion.
Princessity and Srende for code contributions and testing.
Zenetx for his Gags Overhaul, which has been officially adopted.
Xaz for code contributions, as well as his development of numerous animations used by this mod.
ZaZ Chris for some of the custom animations and assets used by this mod. Some assets from the excellent ZaZ Animation Pack have been rebundled with DD as per ZAP's general use permissions.
SpaceHamster and Billyy for the awesome bound animations.
Lordescobar666 for code contributions.
Veladarius and UrbanSniper for the quest-design and dialogue.
Cedec0 for the bound combat that is now a part of this mod.
MaikCG for the alternative bound combat animations.
Heretical for contributing Heretic Resource Pack models
Pincopallino, Feuertin and El Duderino for all the awesome items.
Aelie for the code contributions.
Jbezorg, UrbanSniper, Ms Leeches, Aelie, Coopervane, Veladarius, Stobor, Pinute, Srende, KomradePavlov, Slorm, Skeuomorph, Aareyn, Zacko, KestrelSky, Naaitsab, MixedupJim, Mord Sif for participating in the Beta, and beta-testing new releases.
LoversLab Forum Members for some great suggestions and putting this mod to good use.

TROUBLESHOOTING

If you run into issues, please read the FAQ first. If this doesn't solve your problem, use the search feature: Most questions you're going to ask have probably already been answered. If you're still unable to find the answer to your issue, please post in the support thread proving a Papyrus log and an in-depth description about your issue to allow us to figure out what went wrong there and why. Do NOT PM maintainers with bug reports. Bug reports go in the support thread and only there! Bug reports not accompanied by a log and/or sent via PM will likely be ignored.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/27/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLabFramework v1.6+, Sexlab Aroused, Devious Devices - Assets, Bodyslide and Outfit Studio
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Open up the console.

help "Chastity"

Click the npc.

equipitem idYouGotFromTheHelpCommand

You may need to unequip/reequip it to get it to synchronize properly. I have not finished adding NPC support, and it may be buggy.

Any plan for CHSBHC version?   :D

Probably not any time soon (If at all), sorry. I'm more interested in working on expanding the mod's scripts/quest. If someone provides updated meshes/textures for CHSBHC, I will bundle them. It should be just a matter of editing the meshes to better fit that body type, I would think.

Some things I'm currently working on:

* Adding support for playing various idles (Based on how long the belt has been playing, as well as current arousal level). On this note, does anyone have a suggestion for existing idles that you would like to see used for this purpose?

* Expanded removal / interaction with the belt.

If anyone has an idea that they would like included, feel free to speak up. I don't promise that I will use your idea, though I may if I like it.

Erm, yes. That's how it's currently scripted, I misspoke in the initial post. Oral / Boobjobs / handjobs / etc all currently work, and are not replaced. Edited the initial post, thanks. The main post now correctly reads that the blocked tags are "Vaginal", "Anal", "Fisting".

i cant craft them for some reason. what do i do?

You have to read the book from the Arcanaeum.  After reading it, you should get a message that "You can now craft" etc.  Then the blets and plugs should be under the Misc section at the forge.

i did read it but i still cant craft them

You have to read the book from the Arcanaeum.  After reading it, you should get a message that "You can now craft" etc.  Then the blets and plugs should be under the Misc section at the forge.

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Do the items show up under "Help Chastity"?

Been using it, and everything works as promised.

So cool that we finally have an item like this! ^_^

You could always just add it via console.  Type in help chastity.

Seems to have some bugs related to SexLab or other mods removing the belt or you removing the belt by wearing something using the same slot. They don't seem able to put it back, and if you had the 'inserts' in, they vanish permanently.

For Example:

Wear Belt 3, add plugs. Knock it off by wearing "Northgirl pants" or some other item that uses the same slot. Then Wear Belt 2. It shows both belts on.  Take off Belt 3, says it unlocks, but plugs are not returned.  I guess the main problem is it lets you wear two belts at the same time.

Seems to have some bugs related to SexLab or other mods removing the belt or you removing the belt by wearing something using the same slot. They don't seem able to put it back, and if you had the 'inserts' in, they vanish permanently.

For Example:

Wear Belt 3, add plugs. Knock it off by wearing "Northgirl pants" or some other item that uses the same slot. Then Wear Belt 2. It shows both belts on.  Take off Belt 3, says it unlocks, but plugs are not returned.  I guess the main problem is it lets you wear two belts at the same time.

Thanks for the report. I have a check in to prevent double belt equipping, but it would seem that my SyncInventory function is being over-zealous in it's duties, and was bypassing the check. Will be fixed in the next release.

Probably not any time soon (If at all), sorry. I'm more interested in working on expanding the mod's scripts/quest. If someone provides updated meshes/textures for CHSBHC, I will bundle them. It should be just a matter of editing the meshes to better fit that body type, I would think.

Understood.  Thanks for your response.   :heart:

New version is up.

• Optimized animation filter.
  • Expanded belt removal options.
  • Fixed over-zealous SyncInventory function bypassing double belt equip check.
  • Various scripting enhancements.
  • Fixed issue with mod not reinitializing inbetween reloads (And thus not blocking sex acts after an upgrade)

Is it possible to not have the arousal level drop if having sex with a belt on?

Also, removing the belt as a mage feels a bit too easy, the spell option seems to succeed every time :)

The arousal level dropping while having sex is due to an event monitor in Sexlab Aroused itself. I suppose I could store arousal level as the event starts, and then restore it once the event completes. I am going to talk with Redneck later about working around this. Try removing the belt in the new version? Should be quite a bit harder. Prior to this version, I hadn't touched the Remove Belt functionality (Was running Zadil's original code). I have since rewritten it. The formula before was based on maximum magicka. It is now based on skill ability for whatever school you attempt to remove the belt with. It is now much harder for some schools than others. At skill level 100, you will have a 50% chance for lockpicking. Lower for mages, depending on what school you attempt with (Harder to melt the belt off without harming yourself than it is to pick it). I will adjust this depending on feedback received. 

Is it possible to not have the arousal level drop if having sex with a belt on?

Also, removing the belt as a mage feels a bit too easy, the spell option seems to succeed every time :)

The arousal level dropping while having sex is due to an event monitor in Sexlab Aroused itself. I suppose I could store arousal level as the event starts, and then restore it once the event completes. I am going to talk with Redneck later about working around this. Try removing the belt in the new version? Should be quite a bit harder. Prior to this version, I hadn't touched the Remove Belt functionality (Was running Zadil's original code). I have since rewritten it. The formula before was based on maximum magicka. It is now based on skill ability for whatever school you attempt to remove the belt with. It is now much harder for some schools than others. At skill level 100, you will have a 50% chance for lockpicking. Lower for mages, depending on what school you attempt with (Harder to melt the belt off without harming yourself than it is to pick it). I will adjust this depending on feedback received. 

Right, the removal option using magic was meant to target players who would predominantly select magica during level-up, though the exact threshold may have required some additional fine-tuning. Either way, a skill-based approach is probably the way to go.

Nice work, fdsatrashasdf. Quite an improvement to the original.

This is an amazing mod, thanks for this, it works very well!

I did notice one bug, when you have Chastity Belt 3 equipped and try to put the Chastity Plug 3 on, it doesn't give you the option to "Insert Attachments" UNLESS you have Chastity Plug 2 in your inventory as well, it equips just fine when you do, and also removes just fine.  Otherwise this is awesome, and I'd love to see more of a Mistress/Master element, maybe followers or even a new NPC who controls the key/belt, who taunts you with release.

This is an amazing mod, thanks for this, it works very well!

I did notice one bug, when you have Chastity Belt 3 equipped and try to put the Chastity Plug 3 on, it doesn't give you the option to "Insert Attachments" UNLESS you have Chastity Plug 2 in your inventory as well, it equips just fine when you do, and also removes just fine.  Otherwise this is awesome, and I'd love to see more of a Mistress/Master element, maybe followers or even a new NPC who controls the key/belt, who taunts you with release.

Yes, that a known bug from the original mod and is due to a falsely set condition in the responsible menu function.
A fix will be included in my next update (whenever that may be) but since it's basically just the result of a small typo chances are that fdsatrashasdf will also have a fix in his version of the mod soon enough.

One odd issue that seems to have cropped up for me is that the belts and plugs no longer appear to have models; nothing appears in the preview or when the belt is equipped. The scripting all works like it's supposed to, the arousal meter changes and such, but the belt doesn't 'appear' when equipped. The key happens to have a normal appearance though. Not sure what happened or what's causing it; I uninstalled the mod, made a clean save, then reinstalled it but the same error appears. The previous version was working fine with the load order I had and the only mod that's been added is Sexlab Arousal.

i tried that and i got the belt but it didn't lock in place like it was supposed to.

i tried that and i got the belt but it didn't lock in place like it was supposed to.

Mind posting the log? Also, try adding "Chastity Belt 1" to your inventory (The non plugged version. The plugged versions may not work correctly if manually added, as they are intended to be controlled by my script)