Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

I feel I need to mention this.

I've uploaded some massive projects, re-uploaded Claudia's Little Secret because the original DL links died, uploaded a complete version of DarkBloodline so you didn't need to hunt for the resources offsite and so on.  However, the last massive upload attached odd numeric prefixes to the upload  zip files.

EXAMPLE:

932520679_ChildrensofCyrodiilBSAs.zip.001

203545711_ChildrensofCyrodiilBSAs.zip.002

.... etc.

These prefix numbers highlighted gold do not show up when uploading, but only after hitting SAVE. And even then, you only see them when actively clicking Download.

(For those that are unaware, file-spanning allows a single zip (or etc) file to be split into two or more parts. This way you can get past the maximum file-size limitation. But the name must be the same apart from the .001... extension.

I thought that there might have been a bug when I uploaded them since mem4ob4 told me of the dilemma.  So I attempted to reupload them to no avail as the odd prefix showd up once again after hitting SAVE.

EDIT:  I'm a MENTOR?  KEWL!

Edited by LongDukDong
Mentor for the win!
37 minutes ago, ModdedMax said:

Can't login using just my username anymore, which is the way I had it saved in my password manager. I'm just glad I remembered what email I used to sign up

right click -> inspect -> change the type for then Login Name field to text (it's email)

Ok, am I blind or what are all the "new features", besides the rank, that were mentioned here? ?

Oh and I miss "Out Of The Shadows" as rank, even though I chose it during my dark puberty phase it just fitted my Nightingale mask ^^

9 hours ago, ModdedMax said:

Can't login using just my username anymore, which is the way I had it saved in my password manager. I'm just glad I remembered what email I used to sign up

Same, that was mildly scary, worse, cause I haven't used that mail since 2017

Also I'm a rising start Yay

Edited by Algene
Yay

If I have no clue what the mail address of my previously sole account is, because I probably used it only once for the verification and never since... is there a way to still recover that account? (my bad luck, just a few days ago I stumbled over the settings page where you can change the address and thought about doing that because I did not recognize the current mail)

And by the way, is it normal that I cannot add a profile picture?

1 hour ago, devilishmind said:

And by the way, is it normal that I cannot add a profile picture?

The site had (maybe still has) a rule that you need to make x- number of posts before being allowed to have an avatar. That was apparently the ONLY rule being read by newbies, as there were many who joined, and within minutes, had picked a couple of random threads and posted witty comments like "vgsdfjgn"... Hilariously, one spam bombed a thread started by Ashal!

Whatever the required number of posts is, it isn't hard to reach with meaningful contributions. Even the "Say Hi" thread counts.

43 minutes ago, froomba75 said:

This "one year in" badge is hilarious considering I've been here for 8.

That may be true but, if you go to your profile and check you will find that having that badge is "rare". Evidently, hanging out and hanging on is NOT what people who come to LL tend to do.

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

I want more titles, fancy look and little gizmos

Like many others - I just want my own title back. ?

I was so busy playing with the badges on my Profile that I didn't realize that one of my favorite shortcuts is now gone. The badge listing is where the "Files" button used to be. I'm sure I can find them anyway but it was handy. May I have it back (or something similar), please?

Edited by Psalam
I noticed something else.

It's like a few years ago when mods or simple threads were hot and if you looked, almost all the posts were just complaints about errors in the mod - but at that time it was not quality that was the benchmark, but quantity.

It's time again for new bells and whistles - a toast to Master Kendo2. I'm almost sick ...

35 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

And you will be able to delete your own mods.

Come to think of it, has someone actually tried wheter you can still delete your mods here on LL?

Maybe Ashal is just using the whole Nexus affair as a smokescreen to sneak in something similar. Pretty sure the new Badges are just a distraction from that as well ?

Edited by Pamatronic
6 hours ago, Psalam said:

Like many others - I just want my own title back. ?

Well, I'm still a PRINCESS, whether it says so on my page or no!!!

> I don't know about others but when I press "Blog" in my profile it stays open even after logging off and logging in. Going back to my profile where I can see posts and visitors again isn't automated after I log in and I hardly find the way how to get back in the "profile" from Blog option. Can it be simplified, as it was before, please?

Edited by EvalovesEP
20 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I don't know about others but when I press "Blog" in my profile it stays open even after logging off and logging in. Going back to my profile where I can see posts and visitors again isn't automated after I log in and I hardly find the way how to get back in the "profile" from Blog option. Can it be simplified, as it was before, please?

> It works now. Thanks.