Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

11 hours ago, Psalam said:

I think that the currently relevant question is whether Ashal can and will develop a method of allowing users to reclaim their old accounts. Not being terribly tech savvy I don't know if this is even possible and, if possible, that the gain would be worth the effort.

If a user has forgotten what email they used and can't figure it out, they can send me a message with their account name and something to identify them as the account owner (such as their IP address matching with what's been used on the lost account) and I'll tell them the email associated with it so they can log in again.

They can send me the request and info either by PM here from an alt account, messaging me on the Discord channel, or using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site. Discord is likely to get the fastest response though.

7 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Hold on a minute....  we actually have a GRAND MASTER poster? :O

Just means you... blah blah blah... blah blah... blah blah blah blah blah... a lot! ?

7 hours ago, Psalam said:
7 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Ahem, ahem. Yes, we actually have several.

Ahem, ahem, ahem. Yes, indood we dee. :classic_wacko: There are posts from 5 of us blabbermouths on this very page!

*hugs Ashal, worik, Psalam and LadySmoks* :classic_heart:

Edited by Vyxenne
Because she's a Grand Master of 2 things now
10 hours ago, worik said:

I can see it.

But I see that purely technical as a huge help. At least in the modding sections, I expect it to be easier for me to follow and to find threads again after some time.

10 hours ago, Psalam said:

I suspect this feature was added as part of the overall upgrade that Ashal had done starting in January. The same feature is found on every post and includes a chance to explain why you changed your post. Frankly, I think having it in a post is a good thing. Since I've been here there have been a number of times I've run across a post where someone is alluding to a previous post and, when I went back to look at it, I thought "WTF" because there was nothing like it in the post that I saw. With some of these the truth that the OP had edited them came out but in others it remained only a sneaking suspicion. I'm glad it's there for post - for that reason. Whether it needs to be there for titles I can't say but I'll bet Ashal can't remove the one without removing the other.

> I'm glad for you guys if you find it helpful. I welcome excellent addition so called "restoring the post" when posted post loops or froze even after the page was refreshed. Anyway, sometimes I'm forgetting that this is free site and that pleasing everyone isn't possible and why should it be.

giphy.gif?cid=36b14faceqky85ve5rydczfzr14t17sj92x9nhr8de7t84j4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
Edited by EvalovesEP

Hi Ashal et al,:

I'm consistently getting a weird sequence when I visit the site, has been happening for several days now.  I don't know if it's related to any of the recent site updates, or just something weird on my computer.

When I open my browser (Google Chrome if it matters) and type in the url for LL, the first page it takes me to is the warning page that you must be 18 to enter the site.  When I click "yes" it then takes me to a LL "URL not found" page, and acts like I'm an unregistered guest.  If I then click on the Lovers Lab icon/graphic in the upper left, it brings me finally to the forums page, where I am still signed in (I leave myself signed in on my computer and set it to remember me), along with my notifications in the top left.

I haven't erased my cookies recently, and I'm not having login problems with any other site.  This is more just a mild inconvenience than anything, just an minor annoyance that I have to make a few extra clicks to get onto the site.

Again, this may just be something specific to my computer, since I don't think I've seen anyone else with this same exact problem.  Just figured I'd pass it along in case you're bored sometime and want to look into it.

11 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Just wondering or suddenly stumbled into one accidentially?

3 hours ago, Ashal said:

There are 132 of them currently.

And this is just the beginning...If this is not really final you might consider to make this a bit harder. (Ok, I don't like to be on the top of the mountain)

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Ahem, ahem, ahem. Yes, indood we dee. :classic_wacko: There are posts from 5 of us blabbermouths on this very page!

*hugs Ashal, worik, Psalam and LadySmoks* :classic_heart:

I think there are 5 of them on EVERY page here....

I apologize for being drama queen lately but my patience is very low. As I said earlier, I do not clean cookies and all other sites that I didn't log off regularly opens without problem when closing FF, but LL. What  happens now? If I am not active more then 15 minutes, LL log me off and I have to log in again filling stupid fucking security check boxes. If it would happen once a day I wouldn't mind but when I have to do it 5-10 times a day, sometimes even more, it really pisses me off. ?

Edited by EvalovesEP
4 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Well, I want to be Grand Poobah! Or maybe that is reserved for you??? ?

The Flintstones | Fred & Barney Water Buffaloes Poster | Zazzle.com

Maybe you won't get "Grand Poobah" but there is always "Ashal's Badge for the Nifty." Yes, it's a thing. Look at the posted list of badges from earlier in this Thread.

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

I apologize for being drama queen lately but my patience is very low. As I said earlier, I do not clean cookies and all other sites that I didn't log off regularly opens without problem when closing FF, but LL. What  happens now? If I am not active more then 15 minutes, LL log me off and I have to log in again filling stupid fucking security check boxes. If it would happen once a day I wouldn't mind but when I have to do it 5-10 times a day, sometimes even more, it really pisses me off. ?

@Ashal @EvalovesEP, could this be the browser? I use Google Chrome. I honestly do not remember the e-mail I used  6 years ago, but never saw the security updates block me as so many have. As with most sites, except banking, this password, etc is saved to either my machine or to Google, or perhaps both, I honestly don't remember. I do not think it is the machine, as it is newer than my membership here, and I do not remember adding a website password list directly to the laptop. So again, back to my browser password storage and Google Chrome???

Second, could it be a country issue? I have had log in issue when visiting my family, but never any problems when here in US. Not sure and really not my business where EvalovesEP is located, just a thought...

Not sure where to post this, but i noticed that Edge tells me that there is a Loverslab App that i can install for the browser. My question is only if that is legit.

Thank you

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

@Ashal @EvalovesEP, could this be the browser? I use Google Chrome. I honestly do not remember the e-mail I used  6 years ago, but never saw the security updates block me as so many have. As with most sites, except banking, this password, etc is saved to either my machine or to Google, or perhaps both, I honestly don't remember. I do not think it is the machine, as it is newer than my membership here, and I do not remember adding a website password list directly to the laptop. So again, back to my browser password storage and Google Chrome???

Second, could it be a country issue? I have had log in issue when visiting my family, but never any problems when here in US. Not sure and really not my business where EvalovesEP is located, just a thought...

> I refreshed my FF browser and disabled everything that might mess up with staying on line - all is fine but LL.

> I refreshed my FF browser and disabled everything that might mess up with staying on line - all is fine but LL.

FF = Fire Fox, yes? I have never used, so can not say. If others use and do or do not have problems, they can be more specific. I can only say that earlier an odd thing when I returned, the page gave an odd message... I do not remember what it said, but I simply clicked the button for my profile page and went directly to it without login or anything else. On mine, in the browser preferences, I have direct link to my profile page. I am certain I saved password and login username to Chrome. I just click the icon for LL and go directly to my profile. 

When Ashal was doing a lot of work and the site was down a lot, or slow, or problems with features, I never really was concerned. I can be patient... you need to meet my husband... good and loving man, but sometimes... OY! Anyway, thru all, I never had the login problems that you and so many others report. Only things I can think of are the browser and country of service.

27 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

FF = Fire Fox, yes? I have never used, so can not say. If others use and do or do not have problems, they can be more specific. I can only say that earlier an odd thing when I returned, the page gave an odd message... I do not remember what it said, but I simply clicked the button for my profile page and went directly to it without login or anything else. On mine, in the browser preferences, I have direct link to my profile page. I am certain I saved password and login username to Chrome. I just click the icon for LL and go directly to my profile. 

When Ashal was doing a lot of work and the site was down a lot, or slow, or problems with features, I never really was concerned. I can be patient... you need to meet my husband... good and loving man, but sometimes... OY! Anyway, thru all, I never had the login problems that you and so many others report. Only things I can think of are the browser and country of service.

> Thank you. :) I don't know what is happening. I'm starting to be very pissed off. No, not at Ashal, but on FF and LL since I don't know which one is causing problems. I'm using Firefox 90.0.2 version and I disabled everything that could log me off on closing the browser, and yet, just as soon as I open it, I have to log in again. :(

Edited by EvalovesEP

12 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

could it be a country issue? I have had log in issue when visiting my family, but never any problems when here in US.

This reminded me of the last time I saw a login screen- I was connected from another country via a VPN in order to watch a video that had music blocked in the US by the insane mile-long list of entities claiming ownership of the song :classic_angry: and I forgot to disconnect the VPN before coming to LL, which greeted me with login screens, several pages of Captchas :classic_angry: and a blood test... basically, LL said "who the fuck are you? Vyxenne does not live in Albania!" or whatever. :classic_wacko:

On 7/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, Psalam said:

I assume that Ashal went to the new system on or about 7/21 as he said that he would.

Well, if so, my continuing failure to encounter any login screens gets weirder and weirder- I have just been chugging along, going straight to the LL page specified by my FF shortcuts despite Ashal changing the required credentials.

I'm not complaining, it's a great convenience to me to be able to do this, both here and on the Nexus. So I think I'll just shut up about it now :classic_ph34r: lest someone take my comments as complaints.

Edited by Vyxenne
5 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

This reminded me of the last time I saw a login screen- I was connected from another country via a VPN in order to watch a video that had music blocked in the US by the insane mile-long list of entities claiming ownership of the song :classic_angry: and I forgot to disconnect the VPN before coming to LL, which greeted me with login screens, several pages of Captchas :classic_angry: and a blood test... basically, LL said "who the fuck are you? Vyxenne does not live in Albania!" or whatever. :classic_wacko:

> LOL ... My husband received free Shark VPN to test. He also tried to log in to LL through it and he was rejected since VPN used Austrian IP adress. :) 

> I also tried to liked your post, but LL doesn't let me reporting the problem with liking :D 

Edited by EvalovesEP
2 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

> Thank you. :) I don't know what is happening. I'm starting to be very pissed off. No, not at Ashal, but on FF and LL since I don't know which one is causing problems. I'm using Firefox 90.0.2 version and I disabled everything that could log me off on closing the browser, and yet, just as soon as I open it, I have to log in again. :(

? I doubt it has something to do with FF or your disabling-things in general.  The notebook that I'm using in this minute is using FF and we are quite strict, when it comes to allow anything at all.

So far, I can NOT confirm this behaviour UNLESS I delete my LL cookies. In fact (Kudos to @Ashal), the LL-website is very low-profile and is usable with comparably tight settings. ?

Perhaps, you could try:

• re-enable all stuff that you disabled previously (so you return back to your desired and hopefully safe & secure browser settings)
  • pay attention to the LL cookies IF they are deleted or modified
  • Some browser extension do delete/reset them for privacy reasons. Make sure that LL cookies are allowed and excluded from that

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

I had a reverse problem while visiting my family. But in Ukraine, everyone uses VPN because the government blocks everything from Russia, including VK. I used a VPN with a US IP, so no problems.

1 hour ago, worik said:

? I doubt it has something to do with FF or your disabling-things in general.  The notebook that I'm using in this minute is using FF and we are quite strict, when it comes to allow anything at all.

So far, I can NOT confirm this behaviour UNLESS I delete my LL cookies. In fact (Kudos to @Ashal), the LL-website is very low-profile and is usable with comparably tight settings. ?

Perhaps, you could try:

• re-enable all stuff that you disabled previously (so you return back to your desired and hopefully safe & secure browser settings)
  • pay attention to the LL cookies IF they are deleted or modified
  • Some browser extension do delete/reset them for privacy reasons. Make sure that LL cookies are allowed and excluded from that

> I just tested Edge. Have no problem with being logged in after closing the browser. Then it must be something wrong with FF.  Damn!

> Did it all, and no help. Still diconnecting me fromLL on closing. :(

Edited by EvalovesEP

> I just tested Edge. Have no problem with being logged in after closing the browser. Then it must be something wrong with FF.  Damn!

> Did it all, and no help. Still diconnecting me fromLL on closing. :(

Like @Vyxenne I've had no problems with Chrome. When I wrote earlier in the Thread that I assumed that Ashal had changed it was because I could not tell the difference either.