Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

One nit-pick detail that keeps reappearing again and again is that this wonderful feature

image.png.da43489b6fefa8fa53b57d13f47be6aa.png

keeps getting reset at random intervals ?

Sometimes it lasts for hours where it is supposed to stay, sometimes it's gone after minutes. Sometimes it keeps getting remember even beyond logging out, and switching the notebook off. Sometimes not.

Technically: NO I don't reset or clear my cookies (not to my knowledge or intend)

6 hours ago, worik said:

One nit-pick detail that keeps reappearing again and again is that this wonderful feature

Sometimes it lasts for hours where it is supposed to stay, sometimes it's gone after minutes. Sometimes it keeps getting remember even beyond logging out, and switching the notebook off. Sometimes not.

Technically: NO I don't reset or clear my cookies (not to my knowledge or intend)

Wich brownser do you use ? Chrome ? Firefox ? Edge ?

9 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

Wich brownser do you use ? Chrome ? Firefox ? Edge ?

varying in varying versions on varying computers

The result is the same random effect. There are days without any reset, then there are days like today. For now, I see no pattern when it is or when not.

?

And just to emphasize that for @Ashal : I'm nitpicking here.  Just ignore it unless you can't find anything better to do with your time :classic_shy:

Edited by worik
On 7/18/2021 at 11:55 AM, worik said:

> I have that issue too plus two more: Although I'm not cleaning my cookies, whenever I reopen FF I'm have been logged out and I have to log in again. It only happens with LL. Other sites keeps my logging in open until I log out. The third thing is that "saving" loops after I press "Save" button. Most of the I have to repeat the action and rarely repeat writting my post. It is been annoying since it last now for several weeks.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:55 AM, worik said:

keeps getting reset at random intervals

Now that you mention it, I have that happen too but with the sticky author panel. Certainly not a major issue (didnt even notice it until I read your post) but meh

Using Edge on PC and Chrome on phone

On 7/14/2021 at 8:17 PM, MadMansGun said:

i'm with psalam, grace period should be longer. preferably a extra 2 weeks but at the least the full weekend (when most people are off work and will actually have a chance to see the message before it re-takes effect)

On 7/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, Ashal said:

Sure. I've changed the date to the 21st for switching back to email only login. That gives a little over a week for people to have noticed the message. I'd prefer to not wait longer than that, as announcing the change over and leaving username logins enabled like they are now just gives hackers an incentive to put more effort into their attempts for the duration before it's to late.

When trying to log in and spotting the banner for a second I had the hope to reclaim my old account just to realize I'm too late. I don't think all of us log in every week, so a longer period would have been nice

7 minutes ago, devilishmind said:

When trying to log in and spotting the banner for a second I had the hope to reclaim my old account just to realize I'm too late. I don't think all of us log in every week, so a longer period would have been nice

You know I was for a longer grace period. That being said, numbers don't lie (unless an accountant or a politician get their hands on them). I was very concerned about a drop off in people on the site BUT there is no evidence of any significant loss with the security log-in change. I hope that you can get back into enjoying LL with your new account.

11 minutes ago, Psalam said:

numbers don't lie (unless an accountant or a politician get their hands on them)

... or a bad statistician

11 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I hope that you can get back into enjoying LL with your new account.

Thanks. I can download mods, so I can live with it   : D

Edit: Is there a way to disable automatic emojis?

Edited by devilishmind
14 hours ago, Psalam said:

with your new account.

I was wondering if there is any way for people in such a situation to merge their new account back with their old one?

And then I think there is currently very little what the site moderators could work with in a reasonable amount of time. (to make sure the new user and the claimed old account are the same). The email address is the single one-and-only corner stone, right ?

? But let's look into the future:

IF I am right on this, perhaps, we could go into some brainstorming about suitable account recovery for LL?  Something that would be sufficient proof, minimal work for a moderator/admin and anoymous and private enough for the interested LL user?

I'm  not very literate in these things, but I'm sure that we have enough brain power here to find something.

What the hell is Loverslab doing?!?! My entire Whicked Whims sim mods have been cut off completely. I get a notice about being here for one year and that my Email is the only way to get in... woopdy frick'n doo! Now what the hell am I going to have to do? Sorry but it pissed me off! Is there going to be a fix or do I have to say goodbye to Lovers Lab?

Whicked Whims is not produced by LoversLab, but instead the child of Turbodriver. And his last update from June 10th apparently had some major issues causing gameplay crashes.  Turbo's Patreon page gave a warning of some sort.  I'm not completely sure as I'm a TES IV: Oblivion modder.  And there has been talk for roughly two weeks on this issue.  It seems he turned auto-updates off until the issue is resolved and the Cottage Living feature is added.  Again, this is by Turbodriver, and not LoversLab.

As to the use of your eMail, consider it as a more secure means of entry as Ashal has noted a few times in this thread.

Edited by LongDukDong

I see by this list that there are still three badges with zero people.

My guess is, they'll end up being given to the following accounts:

Great Support

Superstar

Great Content

I personally like the badges. They add some pretty colors to the otherwise charcoal grey background.

I have a question about the numbers though. Example:

badges.jpg

I get the "7" for visited daily for a week. 30 for a month, 10 for ten followers, 100 for a hundred reactions, 365 for one year, etc.

But two confuse me. "Week One Done" and "Posting Machine." Shouldn't posting machine have a 500 there? And the Week One Done has a 3, when if it follows the norm it should either have 0 or 7...?

These are truly the most important questions facing our society today, and I'm glad to have been part of the solution.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:33 AM, Psalam said:

might I ask for a banner notice across the site until such time as the new security goes into effect?

I second this- I come to LL at least once a day, and have not seen a log-in screen in 3 forevers- either the site "remembers" me, or my auto-login utility is working, or Firefox is saving and inserting my credentials, or my use of shortcuts (FF bookmarks) to specific LL pages is bypassing LL's login process somehow... but for whatever reason, I have not seen any LL login screen in ages. So any notices you put there are not reaching me- I stumbled upon this thread when I came here to post a notice about LL's failures to upload a modest-sized video.

I can't be the only one who never sees a LL login screen- whatever is making this convenience possible for me is undoubtedly also doing it for many others. I greatly fear we will lose them forever if you don't do something global to reach everyone who gets on the site no matter how they got here. I'm afraid you might have changed the front door locks, expecting that everybody got their new key from the kitchen counter where you left a bunch of them, not realizing that you didn't put the keys out until after you had changed the locks... :classic_wacko:

Edited by Vyxenne
2 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I can't be the only one who never sees a LL login screen- whatever is making this convenience possible for me is undoubtedly also doing it for many others. I greatly fear we will lose them forever if you don't do something global to reach everyone who gets on the site no matter how they got here. I greatly fear you have changed the front door locks, expecting that everybody got their new key from the kitchen counter where you left a bunch of them, not realizing that you didn't put the keys out until after you had changed the locks... :classic_wacko:

You certainly aren't the only one Vyxenne. I haven't had to log in here since forever, and I get on here at least once a day too. I also use Firefox. It only very occasionally happens that I have to log in. Like on Nexus, it auto-logs me in almost all the time, but just last week I had to log in there again. There must be something on the site that does that for security reasons. And sometimes, for unknown reasons, it happens that I'm logged out of EVERY site that I usually get logged in automatically. So, email, Facebook, Amazon, and many other sites, I get logged out of those en masse and have to log in again.

35 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I second this- I come to LL at least once a day, and have not seen a log-in screen in 3 forevers- either the site "remembers" me, or my auto-login utility is working, or Firefox is saving and inserting my credentials, or my use of shortcuts (FF bookmarks) to specific LL pages is bypassing LL's login process somehow... but for whatever reason, I have not seen any LL login screen in ages. So any notices you put there are not reaching me- I stumbled upon this thread when I came here to post a notice about LL's failures to upload a modest-sized video.

I can't be the only one who never sees a LL login screen- whatever is making this convenience possible for me is undoubtedly also doing it for many others. I greatly fear we will lose them forever if you don't do something global to reach everyone who gets on the site no matter how they got here. I'm afraid you might have changed the front door locks, expecting that everybody got their new key from the kitchen counter where you left a bunch of them, not realizing that you didn't put the keys out until after you had changed the locks... :classic_wacko:

26 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

You certainly aren't the only one Vyxenne. I haven't had to log in here since forever, and I get on here at least once a day too. I also use Firefox. It only very occasionally happens that I have to log in. Like on Nexus, it auto-logs me in almost all the time, but just last week I had to log in there again. There must be something on the site that does that for security reasons. And sometimes, for unknown reasons, it happens that I'm logged out of EVERY site that I usually get logged in automatically. So, email, Facebook, Amazon, and many other sites, I get logged out of those en masse and have to log in again.

Sadly, I believe that is now moot. I assume that Ashal went to the new system on or about 7/21 as he said that he would. I think that the currently relevant question is whether Ashal can and will develop a method of allowing users to reclaim their old accounts. Not being terribly tech savvy I don't know if this is even possible and, if possible, that the gain would be worth the effort.

Is this visible only to me or everyone can see it? If they do, I wonder, why it is important to others that I changed the title, especially if the original name isn't written? Seeing this and "Edited by...." makes me displeased like there is no privacy about my doing on LL becasue everyone sees what I did and when. I DON'T LIKE IT!?

630712552_2021-07-2619_16_26-Doyouhaveguts_-OffTopic-LoversLabMozillaFirefox.png.f50e97efb5560c40a316d9401f4f61ac.png

11 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I have a question about the numbers though.

The new Ranks are based on a "bonus points" system, so , i assume, the numbers on the badges represent the rank points you get with these badges,

which are not neccessarily related to what the badge is for.

6 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

Is this visible only to me or everyone can see it?

I can see it.

But I see that purely technical as a huge help. At least in the modding sections, I expect it to be easier for me to follow and to find threads again after some time.

22 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

Is this visible only to me or everyone can see it? If they do, I wonder, why it is important to others that I changed the title, especially if the original name isn't written? Seeing this and "Edited by...." makes me displeased like there is no privacy about my doing on LL becasue everyone sees what I did and when. I DON'T LIKE IT!?

630712552_2021-07-2619_16_26-Doyouhaveguts_-OffTopic-LoversLabMozillaFirefox.png.f50e97efb5560c40a316d9401f4f61ac.png

I suspect this feature was added as part of the overall upgrade that Ashal had done starting in January. The same feature is found on every post and includes a chance to explain why you changed your post. Frankly, I think having it in a post is a good thing. Since I've been here there have been a number of times I've run across a post where someone is alluding to a previous post and, when I went back to look at it, I thought "WTF" because there was nothing like it in the post that I saw. With some of these the truth that the OP had edited them came out but in others it remained only a sneaking suspicion. I'm glad it's there for post - for that reason. Whether it needs to be there for titles I can't say but I'll bet Ashal can't remove the one without removing the other.