Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

6 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

My list of followers is empty and I noticed that those people I followed aren't followed any more. I also have no possibility to add people on follower list. May I know why?

I can't answer all your questions but I can reduce some of it. Ashal purged followers who were inactive. My list of followers is also greatly reduced. I expect this a "house keeping" measure.

As far as not being able to follow people anymore that has been true on the site for about two years. LL was the subject of many hacking attacks then. One approach was to become a member and add oneself as a follower everywhere (thus slowing down the site). Ashal turned off the ability to follow someone back then and hasn't restored it. As I mentioned previously on this thread, I hope that this function will someday be restored since it is useful.

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

I can't answer all your questions but I can reduce some of it. Ashal purged followers who were inactive. My list of followers is also greatly reduced. I expect this a a "house keeping" measure.

As far as not being able to follow people anymore that has been true on the site for about two years. LL was the subject of many hacking attacks then. One approach was to become a member and add oneself as a follower everywhere (thus slowing down the site). Ashal turned off the ability to follow someone back then and hasn't restored it. As I mentioned previously on this thread, I hope that this function will someday be restored since it is useful.

Thank you very much. I understand now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 3:38 AM, Psalam said:

I can't answer all your questions but I can reduce some of it. Ashal purged followers who were inactive. My list of followers is also greatly reduced. I expect this a "house keeping" measure.

A smart way to restore the follow functionality could be limiting the amount of times a user can follow someone on a daily basis (like right now with daily limits to like posts), or to allow only users with a minimum posting record.

I have to ask two things: first, whenever I visit my Prince's profile (Elf Prince), the site doesn't register me as the visitor. Is it because we use same IP? Second, is there a possibility that we can be synchronized and have a full authorization of editing each other blog?

Is there possibility to add "quote" in the "Write a public message" in the profile as it is in PM? Soemtimes there is a many people who psted comment on my public message and I want to answer them but I can't quote.

4 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

Is there possibility to add "quote" in the "Write a public message" in the profile as it is in PM? Soemtimes there is a many people who psted comment on my public message and I want to answer them but I can't quote.

While I think that this is a good suggestion, in the short haul you can use Ctrl+C to copy all or part of their message and then Ctrl+V to paste it into your response.

Hi everyone

To explain what I said here 2 months ago here 

I wanted to show something. Here is a screenshot that show the problem (warning, the screenshot is massive) : 

Spoiler

1dayofcontent.thumb.png.6c8f0a95a2ac1ab590d96160281e7880.png

It is the first page of Sims 4 download page, 5 hours of content for the page. Green are "sims character content" and blue are other mods (here an animation mode for WW and a mod that add traits). I wanted to show how impossible it is to track update on mods when the download section is flood with the same kind of content.

Again, I understand that people might like this, I already use these once or twice in the past, but this is too much here.

9 hours ago, RDA said:

Hi everyone

To explain what I said here 2 months ago here 

I wanted to show something. Here is a screenshot that show the problem : https://i.imgur.com/QvsHDD3.png

It is the first page of Sims 4 download page, 5 hours of content for the page. Green are "sims character content" and blue are other mods (here an animation mode for WW and a mod that add traits). I wanted to show how impossible it is to track update on mods when the download section is flood with the same kind of content.

Again, I understand that people might like this, I already use these once or twice in the past, but this is too much here.

Of course, then there's the issue of other sites not accepting links from LL. This is what I got just now when I clicked your link:

Spoiler

LLS.jpg

1 hour ago, RDA said:

I know, but it's easy to miss new things. And follow too many thread doesnt help. Plus I don't go in the download section everyday.

@Psalam I fixed it. My bad.

No worries. I can just copy the address into the URL but it's a pain in the ass that other sites discriminate against us in this manner.

On 26.4.2021 at 09:50, Psalam said:

Dann gibt es natürlich das Problem, dass andere Websites keine Links von LL akzeptieren. Folgendes habe ich gerade erhalten, als ich auf Ihren Link geklickt habe:

Inhalt ausblenden

LLS.jpg

Simply press the Enter key in the URL address.
The referer is gone.

15 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

Something is wrong with "activity" in my profile. It doesn't update current activities. I was posting every day since Wednesday, even this morning, but the site shows that my last post was on that day.

I was just going to report the same.

None of my feeds seem to be updating since yesterday morning.

On 4/30/2021 at 12:54 AM, EvalovesEP said:

Something is wrong with "activity" in my profile. It doesn't update current activities. I was posting every day since Wednesday, even this morning, but the site shows that my last post was on that day.

11 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I was just going to report the same.

None of my feeds seem to be updating since yesterday morning.

While I am experiencing the same thing it makes me cautiously optimistic. One of the things I'd hoped that Ashal would do was to "fix" the "activity" so as not to show repeated mentions of the same thread to the exclusion of others. Seeing what is currently occurring makes me hope that such a fix is in the works.

25 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Seeing what is currently occurring makes me hope that such a fix is in the works.

You are very good at spreading hope. :classic_happy:

Almost as if you would be a professional hope-distributor :classic_tongue:

i'm a little surprised there isn't much mentioning on the missing activity feed on the forums except a few posts, Then again i didn't notice it until days later when my activity didn't line up.

but i think Ashal is quite aware of the issue by now, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

25 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Maybe related... I did notice an increase in Spam content in the past few weeks.

I hope that's not the issue. Spam comes and spam goes. Being able to see past activity is always needed.

As a modder that seldom releases but is constantly working on their mods, it was lovely to be able to give updates to the few who followed what I was doing (a few times a week).

Is the change to profile updates permanent? It's only fair you let us know this so that we can make alternative plans if needs be.

While not an actual bug report, it ... could.. be one?

Within the download manager, you can add screenshots when either creating a new download or are updating an existing download. And if you wished to update and change the screenshots of a mod you made, the current File Actions you may take are:  Upload a new version, Edit Details, Hide and Delete. And of those, Upload a new version permits new screenshots to be uploaded, but this is invariably bumped to the top of the newly added/updated list.  

I am curious if it would be possible to somehow include 'Add Screenshots' to the File Action dropdown list so one could update the content of the post itself when the actual content of the download had not changed.

I'm not sure how skilled the technical administrators are when it comes to new features, either finding existing forum mods to implement or actively craft new ones to use.