13 hours ago, skyrimfet said:

yep - i stareted new game to be sure -> quick addiction gain-> dialogue with blacksmith-> ask for belt, messagebox and ...nothing.
something is wrong with properties i think.

I did have similar with the thieving addiction. Asked blacksmith to bind hands and got messagebox about yoke being equipped, but it wasn't actually equipped or given to me. Tried to talk to her again and this time the item was handcuffs instead of yoke, that worked.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:28 PM, Zaflis said:

Did you make sure that your mana or stamina was low at the time? Even if you get down to 5% hp you won't be defeated until either of the other 2 is low too, unless you change that in MCM.

Yes, I set the MCM in a way stamina and magicka don´t matter for surrender. I tried the same with and without bleedout. It is always the same result. It will take numeros attempts, till the defeat kicks in.

@Code Serpent

Had a closer look to the mod. I don´t know if you read my summary a few days ago. Version 2.01 had massive problems in my game recognizing the player death.

I made a few changes. First mission: Simplify.

I shortend the quest and made it a Miscellainous one. I did this because of questlogspam. To prevent questlog errors I made from 5 questlog objectives 3. You don´t need 10 and 15. I kept only 5 with the sentence Kill all of your captors, run away from your captors or wait for rescue.

I had to change 3 scripts to prevent scriptfailures. I added the optional objective just before the queststop and deleted & changed the setobjective accordingly.

_DiD_CapturedPlayerScript

_DiD_DefeatBase

QF__DiD_Defeat_03040FA7

Guess what: the simplify thing did the trick. Wham Bam and the quest started fast enough to recognize my death. No more restoring of health, magicka and stamina. I think the reason is the much shorter startup time of the quest. Just the two objectives did run through the screen (three if you count the second wind in). I checked the correct start and end 10 times and it worked flawless.

I´ll try this on the new playthrough, too.

If you want and I´ll provide the four files (3 scripts and esp), but I guess, you´re working on the next version anyway and will implement it on your own, if you want to.

Still I dislike (as many others) the second wind. Would be nice to know, if you want to make it optional. If yes, I will spare the time to do it myself ;)

Second mission: MCM...ughn... ? I get the idea of: MCM is not your friend...

Sometimes one more line of code would save a lot of trouble later ?

This will take more than  a quick change of 2 or 3 things... Not today.

23 hours ago, Rogwar002 said:

@Code Serpent

Had a closer look to the mod. I don´t know if you read my summary a few days ago. Version 2.01 had massive problems in my game recognizing the player death.

I made a few changes. First mission: Simplify.

I shortend the quest and made it a Miscellainous one. I did this because of questlogspam. To prevent questlog errors I made from 5 questlog objectives 3. You don´t need 10 and 15. I kept only 5 with the sentence Kill all of your captors, run away from your captors or wait for rescue.

I had to change 3 scripts to prevent scriptfailures. I added the optional objective just before the queststop and deleted & changed the setobjective accordingly.

_DiD_CapturedPlayerScript

_DiD_DefeatBase

QF__DiD_Defeat_03040FA7

I don't believe for a microsecond this was the part of the mod causing your issues. Try to reproduce the bugged start if you can, and send me the papyrus log.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Rogwar002 said:

Still I dislike (as many others) the second wind.

That's baked pretty hard into the system at the moment. To the point where the (initial) hotkey surrender is kind of a hack job.

If you just press the surrender hotkey after being downed once, that should stop combat, if you don't have followers with you. Or, you could make your game harder with some combat mods so that you need the second wind to have a chance of getting through a dungeon.

Edit: I should also point out this system was put in to prevent the mod from locking the player's control permanently due to some combat loop. Like when an essential enemy is fighting your captors. So I will be keeping some part of the second wind system in to stop those kinds of issues. I might include an option to auto-surrender after the initial defeat if people really dislike having the opportunity to escape.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

I might include an option to auto-surrender after the initial defeat if people really dislike having the opportunity to escape.

That would be welcome.  The second wind is an interesting idea that fits the concept of a heroic character who's hard to keep down, but it goes against what many players are expecting from a combat defeat mod.  If it were a option, I'd turn off second wind and accept that a combat loop could occur.  Players will understand that there's a consequence to turning off second wind. 

I know you were trying to be helpful, but your suggestion that players re-tune their combat difficulty to accommodate second wind isn't that practical.  Players generally have combat difficulty right where they like it and aren't going to want to experiment with making it harder so as to account for a surrender mechanism they'd rather not have.  Not trying to sound harsh, just saying why the ability to opt out of second wind really seems to be the best solution. 

I really like the idea of this mod. But i am running into 2 things atm. First when in a fight i get the first message when i taken anough dammage to not get captured but after that i keep getting a second wind and have to mannually surrender (and yes i set magicka and stamina not to matter). Also talking to a blacksmith beeing a kleptomaniac and all that i ask to be bound, i get a message that a yoke is beeing put on me but nothing happens. Hope you get it all sorted, cause again i really like the mod. (wondering if its skooma whore compatible, cause i dont have the idea skooma whore drugs are counting towards my drug adiction)

On 1/29/2019 at 9:58 PM, Code Serpent said:

This mod is intended to be a light-weight defeat, slavery, and addiction mod, integrated seamlessly into normal Skyrim gameplay, completely voiced by vanilla voice lines, and supports several other mods that can add to the experience, without requiring them. It's core is a gameplay cycle of trauma and addiction. If you are defeated and abused, you will become traumatized. To recover, you will either have to wait several in-game days, or find some substance, device, or activity that can distract you. The catch, is that all of these actions and items are addictive. If you go too long without them, your mind or body will deteriorate, leading the Dragonborn into a downward cycle.

!Important Compatibility Issue!If you have two mods that are both soft dependents of the same mod, but don't have that dependency installed, one or both of the mods may break. Dragonborn in Distress is particularly susceptible to this, with the number of soft dependencies it has. The most common culprit is another mod that is soft dependent on Devious Devices or SexLab Aroused. This bug can be fixed by simply installing the soft dependency. If you don't want to have the mod fully installed, just make sure the scripts are installed, and disable the plugin.

Compatibility

The following mods can be added to improve the features this mod has:

SexLab Aroused Redux - Dragonborn in Distress uses this mods values for sex addiction.

Devious Devices Integration 4.x - You may be bound in devices when defeated, and can use devices to quell your addictions.

Milk Mod Economy 26-01-2019 or higher - Enables using Milk Pumps as a form of relief, and enables milk pump addiction.

Estrus Chaurus+ 4.x - Enables tentacle attacks through chaurus eggs, enables using tentacles as a form of relief, and enables tentacle addiction.

HI!

I am going to play stupid for the moment because I find your mod intriguing and want to make sure I understand what's needed.

Hard Requirements:  Sexlab Framework (and its requirements, of course)

Soft Requirements: none

Suggested Mods: those 4 mods listed under Compatibility. These mods can enhance the playability of DiD and DiD has hooks to connect to them, but DiD should not break if none of them are installed. That's why I say suggested instead of compatible, because to me compatible mods are ones that play well together but don't have hooks into each other. I admit, I sometimes overthink things, sigh.

Compatibility.

I want to make sure I understand the compatibility issue you discuss. Maybe my understanding of a 'soft requirement' is lacking. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if a mod has a soft requirement or dependency, the mod should work w/o that dependency but perhaps not as well. Animations might seem wonky because the dependency isn't installed, or some dialog might not make sense, etc. The game doesn't break, the mod doesn't break, it's just not as nice or smooth as it could be.

Let's say I install DiD along w/ SAR and EC, but I don't want to install DDi and MME. That should be fine. However, if I also install SuperMod-T which lists SAR and DDI as soft dependencies then I could run into problems because I don't have DDI. My solution would be to install DDI and then disable the .esp.  Is that correct?

Incompatible Mods

You don't list any, but I would guess that Prison Overhaul Patched, Skooma Whore, and Skooma Whore Addicted would all have compatibility issues. I'm not sure about Sexlab Defeat or Deviously Helpless.

I currently have POP installed and am pretty stable, so don't want to upset the applecart at this stage with more mods. I look forward to using this mod in the future and thank you in advance for your patience w/ my ramblings. :)

4 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

I currently have POP installed and am pretty stable, so don't want to upset the applecart at this stage with more mods. I look forward to using this mod in the future and thank you in advance for your patience w/ my ramblings

Thanks for your post, I have the same questions.

17 hours ago, SamBooka said:

First when in a fight i get the first message when i taken anough dammage to not get captured but after that i keep getting a second wind and have to mannually surrender

Could you send me the papyrus log?

5 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if a mod has a soft requirement or dependency, the mod should work w/o that dependency but perhaps not as well.

For my mod, a 'Soft Dependency' is a mod that has it's features used by Dragonborn in Distress if it is installed and enabled. For example, if you have Devious Devices installed, you might be bound while captured. If you don't have DD installed, there won't be any confusing dialogue or other obvious gaps in the mod. Same goes for the other mods.

5 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

You don't list any, but I would guess that Prison Overhaul Patched, Skooma Whore, and Skooma Whore Addicted would all have compatibility issues.

The only direct incompatibility that this mod should have is when another mod attempts to take control away from the player, i.e. other defeat mods. Skooma Whore shouldn't be incompatible with this mod, but there may be an overlap of features with drug addiction. However, you can simply disable this mod's Drug Addiction in the MCM and use SWA's system instead.

DiD might be incompatible with POP, but only in terms of defeat systems. If POP works the same as the last time I used it, it captured the player with a spell cast by one of the guards. This I think is completely lore-breaking, which does annoy me, and is one of the reasons I decided to make this mod, but that's beside the point. So, if you are hit by one of those spells, you should be captured through POP's system. If you are defeated through my mod's systems, you will either be captured by my prison system in 1.x versions, or you will be imprisoned using the vanilla jail system in 2.x versions. The latter might break POP, keep that in mind when deciding on what settings to use in both mods.

New version is up. The dialogue issues should be fixed, and there is an option to disable Second Wind. I'll still try to work through any bugs that anyone comes across. Include your papyrus logs if you do run into a bug.

Beyond bug fixing, I'm going to set this mod aside and work on Devious Lore for a while.

Guest AthenaESIV

Love the new logo, look forward to testing this out...

Last year when you were updating frequently it was one of the mods I was most interested to see get new releases, good to see 2020 starting off with this mod getting some love!

Excited to see what you have planned for Devious Lore also, the struggle minigame it has is the only reason I really bother with DD this past year, makes it much more interesting.

Thanks for creating awesome stuff!!

On 1/4/2020 at 10:02 PM, Code Serpent said:

DiD might be incompatible with POP, but only in terms of defeat systems. If POP works the same as the last time I used it, it captured the player with a spell cast by one of the guards. This I think is completely lore-breaking, which does annoy me, and is one of the reasons I decided to make this mod, but that's beside the point.

Wait, spell casting (scroll reading for guards) is lore breaking? :classic_huh:

So, how would you arrest an unruly criminal? Black screen? Magically materialize in the cell (vanilla arrest)? Attack and subdue a demigoddess? 

For submissive prisoners (PC submits through dialog), there has been a submissive arrest in POP for quite a while now. 

22 minutes ago, Inte said:

Wait, spell casting (scroll reading for guards) is lore breaking? 

I think Nord Guards casting spells is lore-breaking. Most Nords view magic as a dishonorable combat strategy, as expressed by the Companions; and they also generally distrust most forms of magic in the aftermath of the oblivion crisis and the war with the Aldmeri Dominion, as expressed by the single Nord mage in the College of Winterhold, and by the guards themselves telling off the player whenever they cast magic. Nords just don't like magic of any sort.

I think the preferred method of capture by the guards should simply be extreme bludgeoning. If the character happens to be a demigoddess, then the guards shouldn't be able to capture her at all, unless she lets them win, or through trained bounty hunters. BTW I have no issue with the bounty hunters using that subduing spell, just the Nord guards.

I should emphasize this annoys me only as a personal preference. I'm not trying to say your method is bad, I think it's pretty streamlined and seamless as a gameplay mechanic, it just irks me as I don't think it's consistent with the rest of the game. You can see from my other mod, Devious Lore, the extents I reach to try to make the game internally consistent with all the devious shenanigans going on.

DiD 2.0+ didn't work well with my Skyrim.

Not certain about its cause, I just think it may conflict with extra monster spawning mods, like "Genesis" series and "Sands of Time".

The defeat scenario keeps failing to trigger and my PC keeps standing up. Sometimes Genesis spawned monsters keeps fighting vanilla monsters, and when fights between them finally start to calm down, DiD's defeat mechanism finally can go smoothly. But sometimes there's no two kinds of monsters and I didn't see monsters fighting, they just keeps leaving my PC until she stand up again.

I was certain SL Kidnap Redux didn't work well with "Sands of Time", for it always fail to calm SOT monsters during its defeat scenarios. While SL Defeat and Naked Dungeon's defeat scenarios works well with both "Genesis" series and "Sands of Time". If DiD do conflict with Genesis, does it mean DiD 2.0+ and SL Kidnap Redux's defeat triggering scripts have some differences from SL Defeat and Naked Dungeon?

Sorry for not bringing Papyrus log here, but I cannot do another test in next few days and forgot to turn on logging in my last gameplays. Hope informations above can help you fix the problem.

7 hours ago, SmokeMage said:

Not certain about its cause, I just think it may conflict with extra monster spawning mods, like "Genesis" series and "Sands of Time".

The defeat scenario keeps failing to trigger and my PC keeps standing up. Sometimes Genesis spawned monsters keeps fighting vanilla monsters, and when fights between them finally start to calm down, DiD's defeat mechanism finally can go smoothly.

I read today that Skyrim only runs AI on 20 NPC's at the time. If you have tons of monsters it's no wonder things break. But there is a mod that could help you (increases the limit to 80-100 ) :

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50823/?tab=description

On 1/2/2020 at 1:59 AM, Code Serpent said:

I don't believe for a microsecond this was the part of the mod causing your issues. Try to reproduce the bugged start if you can, and send me the papyrus log.

Sorry. My wording was bad. The problem in my game is/was I´m going down onehit if a mob is 2 or 3 levels above mine. The time your original script uses in the game will prevent a proper start of the defeat event itself. I really got hit again and again and the script triggered again and again. As it should be. No error. The calm procedure could just not start, because the quest was not set untill the next hit brought the Dragonborn to her knees. Making the quest start immediatley does prevent the endless trigger.

I can´t give you a papyrus log, because the profile I used is deleted already. I tried to implement SOT, but this was to much for the engine resulting in funny events. btw: SOT and DiD on a surface area will never get happy :) SOT does funny things to prevent a player defeat. I´m to lazy to restart the Texture generation process on my potatoe PC from DynDoLOD (output folder is 1.75GB) just to proof the proper function of a script, we both know is correct. The old profile is working as intended. It is working. I´m happy. Use the hint or not. I´m ok with it.

regards

Rogwar