On 2/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, u1tIscYtHe said:

here's my papyrus log from my newest game. opened papyrus log config, and played for 5 min then CTD :(

Papyrus.0.log 72.33 kB · 1 download

thanks.

is there any console command to remove this message for temporary use? i wanna save my game

and i found there is no addiction reset button(disabled then enabled does't work, and i should disable/enable them one by one, add a batch update function in the future?). hope update this function in the future.

It looks like your Racemenu install in borked, and that might be causing papyrus to break down. I'm seeing no papyrus errors for my mods.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

It looks like your Racemenu install in borked, and that might be causing papyrus to break down. I'm seeing no papyrus errors for my mods.

thank you. i don't know how to remove this message. so i restarted a new game without DID. after i tested DID, i think there are some functions need to be added:

1. disable/enable button for the whole mod.

2. reset button for addiction system.

3. batch enable/disable all checked addiction instead of check it one by one.

4. auto defeat sometimes triggers after i dead, it's too late.

5. more logs

6. debug checkbox.

7. FISS support or something like that

still following your mod and looking forward to reinstall DID someday :) 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Syssiah said:

Heya

Is that mod supoorted or ported for SE ? Or can anyone make the necessary rebuilds to make it works with SE ? :)

Warm regards

I converted it to se using the standard procedure : just load it in the ck, then save it, ignoring all the warnings you get, it seems to work...

8 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I created a poll on how I should treat dialogue in the future of this mod. There are some more details on the next major update as well:

Dragonborn in Distress: Dialogue Poll and Punishment Suggestions Thread

EDIT:  Sorry.  Just realised that there was a link to the poll  ?   Have copied this post content to that

Couple of quick, OTTOTH, ideas.  In order of personal taste priority:

1 Follower Removal to make game progress more challenging later

• On the PC being caged up, imprison followers in a cage somewhere else, from which they then need to be rescued - if two or more, different places too.  Bit like caged followers but triggered directly from DiD, on an MCM percentage chance.  If the player is sent to SS, at that point the chance of the follower ending up elsewhere should be 100%.  Should be no need for any fancy rescue mechanisms,  those followers are out of the game until you hack your way into where they are, get a key and unlock them, with simple dialogue to say 'Hello again' ?

2 Options for the PC captive to choose to whore the gang, or fight a bandit champion, to be released early. 

• To successfully whore their way out, make their way round current game dungeon cell, in restraints with 'exit load doors' disabled, and shag every eligible living entity a number of times based on a random range (minimum of 2 or 3, max of say 5) that can be set in MCM, within an unknown given, but reasonably challenging(!), time limit proportional to the number of times each NPC is to be shagged.  Failure to meet either frequency or time limit resets the timer, and adds extra time to captivity
  •  
  • Beat the champion and you walk free.  Failure to defeat the bandit champion leads to all eligible entities in the dungeon cell having their way with the PC and extra time being added to the captivity  

Hope that's helpful

Is there any way to add constructs like dwarven automatons and atronachs to the list of enemies that can defeat the player? Currently animations exist for them in a handful of animation packs, and I believe this mod being one of the best defeat mods available should definitely take advantage of them.

On 2/16/2020 at 7:30 AM, Syssiah said:

hmm I tried to convert it using CK, but it doesn't want to do it. It aborts saying it's related to other files.

Can you share your converted files here please ?

You need to set:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

In your SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini

Your mod is funny to play with. Better, it can substitute two other mods ( "SL Kidnapped Redux" and "Defeat") and such reducing papyrus-lags. Since I am trying to keep it simple ( like not having multiple mods doing the same thing) I like your version. Since I am trying some addictions I have a suggestion about tentacles. There are a lot of addons (like mimic, spiderattacks with spit like the chaurus) and your script is missing them all, because it has the keyword "dungeon" in it... it is possible to get rid of this condition? Tentacle-attacks can be inside towns, with boss-loot-chests and so on, even "self-estrus-release" will fit into "addiction" - but all of it will simply be ignored because you set the "location-condition" inside your script. Think about it and maybe you can change it. And since tentacle-attacks can be triggered with followers, too.... maybe they will become addicted, too ?

Have fun in modding

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

I made another set of polls for the mod, found here:

Should Dragonborn in Distress be split into a Defeat mod and an Addiction mod?

yes

But at the moment it is not even a Defeat mod in my eyes but a Slavery mod like Sanguine Debauchery, just with a chain rape at the beginning. 

Looking at existing Defeat mods, they all have a considerably shorter timespan in which they effect the game (usually rape or chain rape and then some sort of release).

58 minutes ago, Nymra said:

But at the moment it is not even a Defeat mod in my eyes but a Slavery mod like Sanguine Debauchery, just with a chain rape at the beginning. 

After my previous poll, I've decided I will start using custom dialogue, and that will open up some options in the beginning, possibly including negotiations with your captors and simpler/quicker defeat outcomes.

36 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

After my previous poll, I've decided I will start using custom dialogue, and that will open up some options in the beginning, possibly including negotiations with your captors and simpler/quicker defeat outcomes.

In general a good idea, but from defeat and other mods: dialogues can get boring and repetetive quite fast. 

I would suggest MCM options to set chances for several different scenarios that you want to include. One of those could be a dialogue to talk your way out or have a speech role or sth. or whatever seems fit. But other options should be there to allow a more ... erm....direct approach I think. 

EDIT: Just as example: in my gameplay I use defeat mods around every other corner. I have a very deadly game for both NPC and the PC. And often defeat mods trigger alot of times in a row because I fail to escape between them. 

30 minutes ago, Nymra said:

dialogues can get boring and repetetive quite fast. 

30 minutes ago, Nymra said:

And often defeat mods trigger alot of times in a row because I fail to escape between them. 

I don't think this will be an issue with this mod's system. As DiD's defeat only ends after you are completely free from your enemies. Also, most of the dialogue will mostly be one-liners.

As an example: if you manage to negotiate with some bandits so they will leave you be, and then you go and try to kill them or steal from them, they won't give a damn on what you have to say afterwards, and standard capture will start from there if you are defeated.

As an aside, I will be changing how DiD's defeat starts. Rather than starting on bleedout or surrender, which is somewhat-to-very unreliable, the system will start when combat starts, and choose available captors immediately, so that defeat is a lot smoother when you actually start bleeding out or choose to surrender.

An example of how this will work: Say you run up to a group of bandits. As soon as combat is initiated, you will get the objective:

Avoid Capture by Bandit

This will act as a feedback message, saying you could be defeated here. If you manage to run away from them or kill them all, so that combat ends without your defeat, then you will have avoided capture, and the objective will go away.

If you surrender to the bandits using a hotkey, or through bleedout, (all followers need to be defeated as well) then your controls will be disabled for a moment, and one of the bandits will run up and start dialogue. The bandit will say something along these lines, varying between annoyed/misogynistic/dismissive:

-You made a mistake coming here.

-Look at you, thinking yourself some big hero.

-Well, well, what are we going to do with you?

-You're in the wrong profession bitch.

You will then have a number of short responses you can throw back at them, your choice may determine how severely they will punish you if you are captured, or if they will let you go after some fun:

-I'm going to kill you all! (Restart Combat)

-Please, let me live, I'm begging you! (Start Capture)

-Maybe we could come to some agreement. Please? (Persuade) (Rape/Steal and Release)

-What's going to happen is you're going to get out of my way. (Intimidate) (Player Left Alone)

After choosing one of these options, there is no second chance to negotiate. Any second defeat scenario will go straight to capture, or some more lenient outcomes, but you're character won't have a say. If you draw your weapons again before dialogue starts (back-up in-case pathing is borked), then it's as if you chose the first option, and combat is restarted. If you exit dialogue, again, combat is restarted. This will behave similarly to how the 'second wind' system works now. After the initial defeat or surrender, you get an option to try to kill them all again, or to run away. And those that don't want that second chance, they get the option to go straight to capture.

18 hours ago, xwhiteninjax said:

you have to "toggle" theft inside MCM (lookout, there are 2 related pages inside MCM for theft to finetune this)

It was already on by default. The only thing that gets removed is weapon and gold everything else remain.

It must be some weird conflict with the other mods oh well

On 3/5/2020 at 5:50 PM, Flyingcow25 said:

The only thing that gets removed is weapon and gold everything else remain.

That's intentional. You're only 'disarmed' on first defeat (Weapons/Ammo/Potions/Gold Removed). Subsequent punishments have the possibility of stealing other items.

12 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

That's intentional. You're only 'disarmed' on first defeat (Weapons/Ammo/Potions/Gold Removed). Subsequent punishments have the possibility of stealing other items.

Oh, thanks for the response.

I also noticed that in the 1.11 version you can have up to 3 aggressors while in the latest version there's only 1. Is that intentional as well?

5 hours ago, Flyingcow25 said:

Oh, thanks for the response.

I also noticed that in the 1.11 version you can have up to 3 aggressors while in the latest version there's only 1. Is that intentional as well?

You can have multiple aggressors in the new version, but again, that's reserved as a more extreme punishment.

maybe this has been suggested before, but would be interesting if the guards initiated dialog with the player instead of instantly teleporting you to jail, really love the mod since i can finally stop using defeat in every playthrough but this is my only little grime nitpick

1 hour ago, 2Dimm said:

maybe this has been suggested before, but would be interesting if the guards initiated dialog with the player instead of instantly teleporting you to jail, really love the mod since i can finally stop using defeat in every playthrough but this is my only little grime nitpick

I'm going to be adding new dialogue in the next version. Look at my comment a few posts above.

I dont know how is it that I always manage to break these kinds of mods.

Having tons of issues, especially with the "second wind" thing.

I do have other surrender mods, specifically Defeat and Submit, but I disabled their player surrender features. I'm theory, I'm only using Defeat's player aggressor features, as well as Submit's, Submit also comes with useful dialogue.

But Distress, seems to be barely working.

I enabled bleedout and percentage, surrender. Surrender seems to begin, a message pops up "you can't continue fighting"

Player falls to the ground for a couple of seconds, then that ends, and player can perfectly stand up and continue fighting.

I tried to disable the "second wind" but it still happens, all the time.

This hapens over and over again, and sex scenes do not start, and when they do, they rarely start for player.

Either one of my slave companions is the one getting the action, or another time, it was the player, but with someone who wasn't even an enemy.

Dont know if this has any relation to the fact that I was doing the final companions quests and the ones that triggered the defeat werent regular bandits or mages, but ghosts instead.

There's also the defeat quest thing, that may or may not be the source of all my problems.

If defeat happens, second wind bug triggers, character is restored, fights, kills everyone, and then the quest is stuck on "Avoid Being captured"

No matter where I go or who I kill, the quest doesnt end. At least last time it was like that. This is an especially recurrent bug if the defeat happens to some animal in the wilds.

The final fuckup, was that on that companion ghosts defeat, my actual companions (Lydia and Aela for that quest) fell to the ground as defeated, then they had the "get out of here" dialogue, but after that, they had no dialogue. Activating them stopped working entirely.

Distress seemed to work the first time I installed it though, looks like something broke along the way.

On that first capture though, I tried "waiting for rescue" and rescue never ever came.

Since the shock thing was so strong, it was impossible to get out, not to mention there was a guard literally glued to my character, so no chance of even walking out of the cell. Is this how it's supposed to be? I found the only way to play without actually losing the game for inability to escape, was to disable shock and all the "hardcore" features of capture.

I have lots of mods, but I run a stable and clean game where things usually work. It's rare for me to have a mod that's this level of broken.

It's an awesome mod, and I want it to work, but it's so broken, at least on my end right now I can't even begin to know what's wrong.