I absolutely freaking LOVE this mod!

It's got a lot of stuff I always wanted, plus the fact that it takes control of my PC to do things one would expect from an addict. Hell, I love it exactly because the PC's addiction actually influences gameplay in physical ways instead of just boring debuffs.

I hope you don't mind if I suggest a few additions:

- In Heat: if Beeing Female is installed the PC will crave the feeling of her belly full of squirming proginy (maybe after 2 pregnancies or simply whenever she's ovulating - hell IRL women are supposedly 5-times more willing to have unprotected sex while ovulating than otherwise...), not matter what species; so when she's ovulating she will become a bitch in heat and try to seduce anything male in vicinity to fill that womb (humans/elfs/orcs speech-check dice or something, animals and creatures just skipping to sex). Would make gameplay during that time very interesting and tactical - avoiding anything with a dick would be a great idea if the player wanted to get anything done

- Broken Bitch: too much four-legged fun would force her to crawl when the cravings become too strong, forcing her to seduce any non-hostile partner to sate her

- Breeding Mare: wearing ponygirl gear too much would make her think she's actually a mare - would work great for those who wanted this in SLUTS

- Undead Lover: same as Unearthly lover just targets Draugrs

- Agoraphobic: too much time spent in cities would make her anxious in wilderness and possibly drop her skills or even player has a hard time getting her to open space (walking speed slows down drastically near gates after exiting a town)

- Claustrophobic: the opposite, speed slows down after entering towns due to anxiety

- Gluttony: RND stuff, similar to alcohol and drugs addiction, but to food, if PC is kept at satiated or peckish too long

- Pain Slut: wearing piercings or nipple clamps for too much addicts PC to pain, so whenever PC gets hit in combat she gets a percentage of stamina back. Would work similarly like gag->blacksmiths leading her to pick a fight with someone

- Goodyear Blimp: inflation addiction - has sex until her belly inflates to a certain size, looks for partners in radius that give the most sperm (Fill her up)

- Jail bird: similar to kleptomanic, too much time spent in jails will lead the char to commit crimes in effort to get sent back to the slammer

- Warmblooded/coolblooded: Frostfall - too much time spent in southern regions would make exposure rate higher in northern and time spent in northern regions would slow down exposure rate as the PC gets used to the cold

I realize some or many of these are unrealistic, but I really hope you're willing to implement at least the sexual ones. :)

I'm still unable to make an escape (or get rescued).

e.g.

I was in the forsworn area west of Markarth, near Hag Rock Redoubt.

Forsworn capture me and put me in a cell.

The cell has a nice locking door on it.

The forsworn are outside. Watching me. If I touch the door, I'm immediately "caught trying to escape".

Otherwise, they do nothing at all but stand outside and watch, and watch, and watch.

They don't open the door and let me out, and if I do touch the door, I can't open it because it's locked and I have no picks.

Just touching a door seems a bit of a strict rule, when it comes to trying to escape - this is NOT a load door - it's a cell door I can look through.

My captors stand outside, right outside, in a sort of crowd, looking in, watching.

Sometimes they vanish or reappear - magically teleporting before my eyes.

Thinking about it, I haven't managed an escape from DiD that didn't involve killing every single enemy really quickly for a good number of versions.

As I cannot even attack the enemy in my current situation (door blocks everything I do despite being made of bars), and the enemies are on the other side, and it's locked, and I have no picks and no key.

It's basically game over.

I'm not sure how long I should sit watching my "less interesting than paint drying" screen to see if a rescue eventually occurs.

Waiting, or sleeping seems to cause some kind of reset and blackout, followed by extra rapes, then a return to the original situation.

The times that DiD has picked a workable imprisonment location, where any kind of escape at all was possible is vanishingly rare. I'd be surprised if it's as much as one in ten. Far more often I've been put in a cell that had no door, or a locked cell with no lockpicks, then left to starve to death, and instantly arrested if I touch the door anyway.

Another issue I see, repeatedly, is that followers are not handled reliably.

I had a vanilla follower in the vanilla follower slot (Chloe), but if she wasn't nearby when I was defeated, she wasn't handled. Instead she was left to roam about. She'd wander along after I'd been imprisoned and stand outside my cell. My captors would ignore her. She wouldn't help unless combat started.

Now I have Sex Slave Andrew. The same stuff happens. He is a follower through regular follower logic, but has some behaviours of his own on top - mostly demands for sex through forcegreets, and auto initiation of sex without dialog in some cases.

His interactions with DiD are disastrous.

PC will be defeated and imprisoned while he's out of range. Then, while the post defeat rapes are ongoing, he will wander up and start interrupting them with his own sex scenes. It's a total mess. Then after imprisonment, he will show up outside the cell and initiate sex - porting into the cell. This may also conflict with captor sex. SexLab goes insane as characters attempt to take part in multiple scenes at once. Follower is ported inside the cell with all his gear, etc etc.

I've struggled with DiD for months and months now, hoping it would fix one thing or another, or at least give an option to disable certain things. Right now it's the main thing breaking my game, and I can't even turn it off. The result is that if a DiD defeat occurs, I just quit and reload now.

And the random sex addiction penalty is still there despite being disabled. If there's one thing that deserves a quality of life patch ASAP, it's that.

I will be thinking pretty carefully before I put any version of DiD in another game after this, because leaving that bug so long, when it's so overwhelming is sending a pretty loud message to DiD users. If I was going to try and translate that message it might be "This is a private mod I just happened to upload. If it works for you, then great. Please alpha-test it for me. If it doesn't work for you, then don't install it. Good luck and good testing! I have some great plans to update this. In the meantime, no bug fixes."

The lack of a simple "DiD is broken, please abort my imprisonment" button in a Debug menu, is a glaring omission in a mod that almost never does a good job of imprisonment.

21 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

if she wasn't nearby when I was defeated, she wasn't handled.

I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!

Now I have Sex Slave Andrew.

His interactions with DiD are disastrous.

DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT ANOTHER MOD MADE BY SOME IDIOT NOT KNOWING HOW TO DEAL WITH MULTIPLE SCENES!

And the random sex addiction penalty is still there despite being disabled.

Okay, that's a legitimate complaint. I've actually realized there's a mismatch of toggles in the script. If you disable tentacle addiction, that will also disable sex addiction.

The lack of a simple "DiD is broken, please abort my imprisonment" button

coc WhiterunOrigin

There, that's your abort.

I've struggled with DiD for months and months now

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Sorry, had to get that out.

I've been working on the new version, which is essentially a rewrite of everything to be more stable and more compatible. Progress is slow, since every defeat mod essentially has to bend the entire game backward in order to work. So you're not the only one frustrated with this mod at the moment.

Currently, the bare-bones defeat system is ready, and based on my testing, it's rock solid. Followers are now involved in sex scenes, the vanilla capture markers are abandoned in place of my own placed markers, and defeat ends more reliably under the right circumstances. I've also added a feature where you can search furniture in your cell for lockpicks and shivs.

I have removed the addiction debuff, or rather, I have swapped the trauma debuff with the addiction debuff. Addictions won't cause any direct debuffs, apart from the actions your character does. And since the previous trauma debuff was pretty tame, I figured using the experience debuff was appropriate. Now being traumatized is arguably worse than being addicted.

So I am working on things, but I am essentially rewriting the mod from scratch, and that takes a while. So be patient, or uninstall the damn mod and come back in a month.

8 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

So I am working on things, but I am essentially rewriting the mod from scratch, and that takes a while. So be patient, or uninstall the damn mod and come back in a month.

I'll be happy to wait!  Your core ideas are great and will be well worth that

Can I ask a quick question, pls?

Will the range of enemies that can defeat the player then also include the DLC ones which, from upthread, I appreciate you may be a bit lukewarm, to stone cold, about?   If not, 'Please, Pretty Please!!", and I'll be happy to wait even longer  ?

10 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT ANOTHER MOD MADE BY SOME IDIOT NOT KNOWING HOW TO DEAL WITH MULTIPLE SCENES!

I was going to say I didn't complain about this, so much as warn other users that this is a character that will cause problems - as I did with Barbas.

But of course Barbas is from a totally vanilla quest, so really, not handling him is much worse than Andrew...

But now I think about it, Sex Slaves is not the only mod at fault here. 

There is a significant issue with DiD failing to remove him from the immediate environment in the first place.

That he causes some extra mess by starting sex scenes is really secondary to the issue that DiD doesn't handle followers who happen to be out of range when you are defeated - but followers are OFTEN out of range when you're defeated, because followers are morons who run off chasing NPCs they shouldn't all the time.

Andrew is in part under control of I am your Shield, which is modifying his combat AI, but not in a useful way in exteriors. Inside it works ok. Outside it makes followers chase the first NPC they see trying to get aggro on them - they they run off and leave use. Useless tanks. But vanilla follower AI is no better; they trail miles behind you.

If DiD had handled Andrew on initiating the defeat, he wouldn't start any sex scenes because he would be safely stored in custom storage cell with no path out of it.

If he isn't close to the PC, and with LOS, he won't try to start sex.

I suspect that in practice Andrew does handle multiple scenes to a considerable extent - the problem is that DiD is stopping and starting scenes, creating a window of opportunity where he thinks there is no sex in progress. What would stop him starting a scene just as DiD is doing the same thing? It's a race condition. The only way around this is something like a DHLP event, and I'm not sure if DiD respects those, or whether Andrew does.

However, that's besides the point...

Let me put it in one sentence, so there's no confusion what I'm complaining about. It is a vanilla follower issue:

DiD does not handle vanilla followers who are out of range when the defeat occurs, even if those followers are actively following the PC.

So this is not followers left at home as part of some follower management mod, it is about the single vanilla follower, when they are "with" you, actively following, and they just happen to be taking their time to catch up to your location. Usually, they catch up later, once the fight is over and the rapes are in progress, and then continue to follow from there.

You said...

On 9/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, Lupine00 said:

if she wasn't nearby when I was defeated, she wasn't handled.

I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!

Of course you can.

The vanilla follower is in an easy to access alias.

I should hope that an active follower will return True to Is3DLoaded()

If there's a follower in there and you find that they are active, then they should be handled.

In fact, even if they've been made to wait, or left at home, they could still be handled.

If you don't restore the follower until after escape, and then put them back where they were when you found them, then even if the follower had been made to wait at home, they would still function correctly. And if they were somewhat nearby when the defeat occurred, they'll be dropped somewhere near enough to catch up you you in a while after escape, which is perfect.

Or you could have them show up for the rescue.

But the point is you definitely can detect it, and do something about it.

It falls very much within the attempted scope of DiD, so yelling about it in all caps doesn't seem reasonable.

coc WhiterunOrigin

There, that's your abort.

This is very useful to know. However, short of examining the mod source in detail, there was no way to know that something like this would be effective.

My first expectation is that doing something like that would leave NPCs in aliases, particularly if a SexLab scene is starting.

11 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Sorry, had to get that out.

I don't see your point. When you work on DiD, presumably it's for fun?

If you do not like it, do not do it.

The relationship between a mod and its players requires the players to trust the modder to some extent, and I'm feeling a loss of trust here.

They also invest their time, and hope for their game not to explode. Sometimes the explosions are their fault.

I'm sanguine about the issues with Andrew and DiD, but I can hardly pretend DiD was working fine before installing him either. DiD has rarely worked fine. I've had it in five or six different game builds. There were some occasions amongst the earlier releases where is was playable.

Others may feel differently. That's their prerogative. Probably most people reading here are super excited about DiD and find it works wonderfully for them.

From my perspective though, if the primary response to any suggestion that there are some problems is to blame everyone and everything else in all-caps ... it doesn't do much to convince players that they will be heard when they report problems, or that those problems will probably be fixed.

A lot of modders react that way though. Bad news of any kind is not received well. On the nexus, bug reports are usually deleted. Rather than appreciating that somebody took time (in my case some number of hours) to write up (over and over) problems with DiD, in detail, those bug reporters are considered unwanted noise, troublemakers, or simply idiots. I've struggled against that for a few years now, but I'm running out of motivation. I'm sure most will appreciate the silence.

I'm going to shut up now, as I don't think I can achieve anything useful here.

Thanks CodeSerpent! 

The mod is really good. I love the systems and it seems to be a lot better integrated and more stable than Defeat. 

You've done a really good job so please don't be too frustrated. A lot of us love the mod. 

I think once you add Dragonborn and Dawnguard creatures as well, the mod will truly be a good replacement for Defeat. 

Before I write my first complaint, please know I love this mod!
Ok here it goes. I spent three hours real time dealing with being captured and all the things that go with that. (no issues with that) My problem is when I was able to finally kill off the last of six mercenaries one by one , getting caught, trying to loot food to live, recaptured, raped etc.  you know what I am talking about. Yes, it was a challenge, trauma up to 55, even. Well NONE of them had my stuff. One guy had an item on him that said 'stolen gear', but that was just a very few items(leather boots, earrings, food).  All my enchanted gear, artifacts and quest items were gone.  I don't mind being robbed or money taken as a result of getting captured, but everything, including quest items lost? I reloaded game before all this began and just did another quest like it never happened.  Just kinda sad to know I DID IT!, but nope.

20190925164821_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress Update:

All current addictions are updated to the new system. Now, all addictive actions can be triggered at any time, including spontaneous theft due to alcohol or drug addiction, begging people for sex or to be bound, or placing yourself in milk pumps. I will add toggles in the MCM to disable all of these actions. Also, the message system has been changed. Instead of popping up every hour on the hour, they will act as warning messages. Every time you are about to do some addictive action, besides dialogue, you will have a warning message pop up instead of performing the action. If you trigger another action within 12 in-game hours, you won't get a warning, and the action will proceed.

I think the core of the capture/defeat system is finished, e.g. enemies capture the player and her allies reliably, and the player seems to be able to escape reliably. The theft system has been re-implemented, and also appears to be working reliably, though I haven't tested it that much. Devices should also be equipped after appropriate actions, ie attempting to loot the area, attempting to run away, and re-engaging combat, though this is largely untested.

I'm now currently working on adding some flavor to defeat. I have a rough framework for various torture scenarios up and running, using furniture from Zaz Animation Framework. This does mean that certain elements of the defeat system will require Zaz to be installed for them to trigger. I've done some testing with a force-feeding scenario, and I now need to add scenarios for forcing alcohol and drugs on the player, captors beating the player, and captors casting magic on the player. Again, I'll add options in the MCM to disable any of these scenarios if they're not your kink.

After that, I need to add appropriate dialogue to captors so that these events can trigger, and finish adding appropriate markers and cages to the vanilla dungeons. With that, I think I will release version 2.0. This does mean I'm going to omit the crime overhaul from version 2.0, as that will require a lot more work, so I'll include it in a update afterwards.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

After that, I need to add appropriate dialogue to captors so that these events can trigger, and finish adding appropriate markers and cages to the vanilla dungeons.

Will this conflict with SD+ Cages?

It has cages in pretty much every dungeon and camp already, navmesh safe.

Will a game with both mods in be overrun with cages everywhere?

Isn't it possible (and easier) to use the SD+ Cages? Which are much used and somewhat tested.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:16 PM, DeathLoop36 said:

Before I write my first complaint, please know I love this mod!
Ok here it goes. I spent three hours real time dealing with being captured and all the things that go with that. (no issues with that) My problem is when I was able to finally kill off the last of six mercenaries one by one , getting caught, trying to loot food to live, recaptured, raped etc.  you know what I am talking about. Yes, it was a challenge, trauma up to 55, even. Well NONE of them had my stuff. One guy had an item on him that said 'stolen gear', but that was just a very few items(leather boots, earrings, food).  All my enchanted gear, artifacts and quest items were gone.  I don't mind being robbed or money taken as a result of getting captured, but everything, including quest items lost? I reloaded game before all this began and just did another quest like it never happened.  Just kinda sad to know I DID IT!, but nope.

Read the mod description (under the heading THEFT), this is a feature.  Enemies sell off your gear over time.  You took a long time to kill them, so most of your gear will not be on the captor.

1 hour ago, Darkwing241 said:

Read the mod description (under the heading THEFT), this is a feature.  Enemies sell off your gear over time.  You took a long time to kill them, so most of your gear will not be on the captor.

Yes, I know. I'm cool with that part, I was captured and deserve it. It is the loss of QUEST items I have an issue with. It is impossible to complete quests without them. I should be able to get those items back. IMO

26 minutes ago, DeathLoop36 said:

Yes, I know. I'm cool with that part, I was captured and deserve it. It is the loss of QUEST items I have an issue with. It is impossible to complete quests without them. I should be able to get those items back. IMO

as sort of a tangent to this issue but not directly relating to it...

You could store quest items in a safe back at home using Which quest's item that has an override feature that allows quest items to be put in containers. This way you could keep them safe from theft until you were ready to do the quest they are associated to. 

I bring this up because there are a lot of mods out there that I frequently see people ask about protecting quest items. This would be a proactive solution.

as an aside; for me personally I like the idea of quest items being in jeopardy. It seems slightly un-immersive to expect a bandit to forgo stealing a golden key because you need it for a quest. ?  

47 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

as an aside; for me personally I like the idea of quest items being in jeopardy. It seems slightly un-immersive to expect a bandit to forgo stealing a golden key because you need it for a quest.

Now that is a very interesting viewpoint.  I'd never really considered that quest items should be at risk, and yes it is weird to get captured and potentially be left with a quest item that's a weapon, like Nettlebane.  With the mod (actually an SKSE plugin, even better) you referenced, I could store quest items until I'm ready to do the quest.  If I lose the item and can't recover it, then I just won't be doing that quest.  That encourages the player to keep these items safe, to not mess around when you start doing that quest, and probably play it safer than you otherwise would while you have that item.  Failing a major quest could be a defining moment in that character's story.   Thank you for sharing this.  It's definitely not for everyone, but I like it. 

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Will this conflict with SD+ Cages?

It has cages in pretty much every dungeon and camp already, navmesh safe.

Will a game with both mods in be overrun with cages everywhere?

Isn't it possible (and easier) to use the SD+ Cages? Which are much used and somewhat tested.

I can't use SD+ cages, as they don't use the location references tags that my mod uses. Also, I need multiple cages to handle followers.

I likely won't be adding cages to every dungeon, rather I will be making 'prison rooms' to dungeons if I am able.

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Is it still possible to add to the crime system without conflicting with Cursed Loot's system?

The only conflict would be the dialogue, and that can be addressed through shifting around your load order.

WOW!
I would like to thank everyone for being real while posting their views and optional opinions on the subject. Corsayr's link will change things in a good way for me. I just want everyone to know that loosing stuff as a result of being captured was never my issue. Items can be found eventually from various chests in Skyrim, while it is hard to find all of them. But Quest items I cannot store away safely at home before adventuring being stolen was my issue. I have even lost my key to Breezehome from one capture and still have not found the chest that should have that stuff in it. Kinda sucks, but a challenge at the same time. The loss of keys was a great messed up idea by the author. I do respect all opinions and everyone made valid points from their perspective.
TL;DR? I understand.

10 hours ago, DeathLoop36 said:

"If you don't manage to recover your gear quickly enough, then it will be dispersed across one of three sets of 'Stashes' hidden across Skyrim, depending on what defeated you."

Just go get them back?

2 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

Just go get them back?

I think you're missing my point:
I cannot remove quest items from inventory, but mod can?
I would store all quest items in a safe at home until I am ready to do that quest to prevent rogue types from stealing important stuff while doing an adventure, if I could.
Corsayr's link to  Which quest's item  should solve this issue.
I love this mod, with the exception of that one issue.  Bugs and incomplete parts in a mod that is a WIP are understandable.

13 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

The only conflict would be the dialogue, and that can be addressed through shifting around your load order.

I don't believe it can. DCL adds the dialogue through quest aliases, and they in turn use priority - which is static in the quest - to determine who wins.

And DCL's hooking of crime caused some issues with PoP and required some changes... I'm not sure if DCL is generally more compatible now, as I don't go searching through its code without reason, but if not, you could have some problems.

But if you researched this, just ignore me.

13 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I can't use SD+ cages, as they don't use the location references tags that my mod uses. Also, I need multiple cages to handle followers.

Can't you simply add those tags through override?

Wouldn't that be less work than adding completely new cages (and rooms), ensuring the navmesh is good, ensuring it doesn't conflict with SD Cages, etc.

Then you could add any extra cages you need as well. But SD Cages has so many cages you might find it already has enough to put a follower in a separate one, well out of reach.

A lot of places already have cells and other places to lock somebody up, but SD Cages has extremely broad coverage of places that do not, and for those that do, often expands upon them.

• 4 weeks later...