On 1/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, Seeker999 said:

CodeSerpent created 2 new mods: Peril and Corruption (I think that's what it's called). Peril is the defeat side and Corruption is addictions, etc. Together they replace DiD.

One question DiD contain the possibility to the dragonborn to be captured. Have peril the same feature ?

On 1/26/2021 at 12:33 AM, bruhfrman said:

Does this mod work for SSE? It says it's not compatible with SSE here in the mod page.

My testing was indeed done on SSE. As stated, I re-saved it first in the 64-bit CK. It worked fine for me. I have since abandoned the mod, as I am trying to simplify my mod list.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:50 PM, orgs1n said:

My testing was indeed done on SSE. As stated, I re-saved it first in the 64-bit CK. It worked fine for me. I have since abandoned the mod, as I am trying to simplify my mod list.

Does your newer mods like Peril have the same Defeat system with being captured and if the bandits have cages you are captured in the cages until you eventually escaped or free? That is the only reason I am downloading this mod as I see no other mods doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you. It would be perfect if it didn't automatically call the character Lola. I don't know why but I cringe so hard when coming across changing the subs name in any case. nouns like slut, whore or such are OK, they are more like a description, but taking given name rubs me the wrong way. I'm weird I know.

I saw the intructions to change the name, but I don't dare touch files.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the mod!

I saw that some people are using it on SSE, so I decided to do the same thing. However, the mod doesn't seem to be doing anything other than my character saying their surrender lines when I press the hotkey - the fight just goes on until my death. I don't have any other defeat related mod installed. Anything else I should look out for in my modlist for possible conflicts or is it just the fact that it's not an SSE version after all?

• 4 weeks later...

I was just recently introduced to this mod. It's a shame its been split up. As far as I am aware, Peril does not have the capture feature which is the main reason I checked this mod out. From my short test with this mod, the capture feature was pretty good. I came to the comments hoping there was a way to combine Defeats defeat feature and this mods Capture feature together. I prefer Defeats defeat system because it has a lot more customization (such as animation control, morality, etc). 

I just want a mod that has a good capture system with a fair amount of depth. SD+ goes a bit too far introducing quests and the over-reliance of Devious mods. I am looking for something similar to this mods capture system, or Death Alternative - Captured (couldn't get this one to work very well. Death Alternative always introduces CTDs to my otherwise mostly stable playthroughs). Just small scenarios like being locked in cages, abused for a day or two, maybe some customizable roleplay options. 

I will continue my search.

Edited by Nohrin
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 1:09 AM, Lyman the Lunatic said:

Just tried the mod as all on it's own, ran into a few problems. For a moment I thought this mod is broken.

My char in bleedout, stuck in trauma, but the captors won't capture her. Later I just found out sometimes the ai refuse to stop being aggressive, or it's because the mod won't strip my char.

Once my char is captured. I make my char resist & attempt to escape. My char was never tied up at all. I disabled Devious Devices & left Zaz  & Heretic gears on.

The other time, my char got captured by a frost troll. But then the frost troll turned hostile.

having same problem

• 1 month later...

"If your captor's hideout has one or more jail cells or cages, you will be thrown in with the door locked"

I have SD cages and was defeated right next to a cage, but they just bound my character's hands instead. Tried both in exterior and interior. Same result.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:30 PM, Nohrin said:

I was just recently introduced to this mod. It's a shame its been split up. As far as I am aware, Peril does not have the capture feature which is the main reason I checked this mod out. From my short test with this mod, the capture feature was pretty good. I came to the comments hoping there was a way to combine Defeats defeat feature and this mods Capture feature together. I prefer Defeats defeat system because it has a lot more customization (such as animation control, morality, etc). 

I just want a mod that has a good capture system with a fair amount of depth. SD+ goes a bit too far introducing quests and the over-reliance of Devious mods. I am looking for something similar to this mods capture system, or Death Alternative - Captured (couldn't get this one to work very well. Death Alternative always introduces CTDs to my otherwise mostly stable playthroughs). Just small scenarios like being locked in cages, abused for a day or two, maybe some customizable roleplay options. 

I will continue my search.

Were you ever locked in a cage or cell? That's what I downloaded it for but it doesn't work. And how do you know DA was responsible for your CTDs? I've had it for a long time, but my CTDs seem more random than connected to the events in that mod. The main problem I had was that SD+ didn't trigger with it, so it's pretty pointless...unless you want a lone npc popping up where you got defeated to try to "rescue" you, only to get beaten and go into bleedout. I'm playing SE though. It might work better in LE (or have more CTDs).

Edited by Inception

This mod uses the vanilla captive markers already in the game, not from other mods. You can test it in the bandit mine next to Riverwood or the bandit fort down the road from Whiterun. Those are two locations that have working cells off the top of my head.

• 4 months later...

I know this mod is becoming obsolete as the two split mods, Peril and Corruption, are being worked on, but I wanted to point out an issue with the Selfbondage function in the Devious Devices integration section of the Conditions script. The "if" statements check if DeviceKeyword is equal to the relevant keyword for the device type that triggered the function. For example, if your Gag Reliance withdrawal (paranoia when viewed in the MCM) is what triggered the function then the "if" statement checks that DeviceKeyword == GagKeyword. However, DeviceKeyword is set to an ID pointer in Devious Devices - Integration.esm, which points to the "zad_InventoryDevice" keyword and is never changed. GagKeyword is set to an ID pointer that points to the "zad_DeviousGag" keyword. Thus, those two variables will never be equal and the if statement will fail. Of note, the reason any devices are equipped at all when the Selfbondage function is called is due to the last elseif, which just runs a randomint against the chance variable to randomly decide whether to equip the fetched device, regardless of device type, and equips it if passed.

Additionally, since inventory instances of devices only contain the keywords MagicDisallowEnchanting, VendorNoSale, SexlabNoStrip, and zad_InventoryDevice, the if check would fail anyway. You'd have to use GetRenderedDevice from the zadlibs script, then check if that has the appropiate keyword. So "zadlibs.GetRenderedDevice(Device).HasKeyword(Keyword)" I can confirm this works (with DD5, don't know about DD4 and below) as it's the change I made to the Conditions script for my own playthrough to get it working as intended and it works, including showing the otherwise unseen notifications in the top left. ("You can't resist gagging yourself" etc.)

Edited by HeckinBestBork
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/22/2023 at 7:08 PM, jfraser said:

I ran the mod through the AE CK, so this should work with SE and AE setups. It worked in my admittedly short test.

Dragonborn in Distress AE.7z 356.2 kB · 50 downloads

Doesn’t seem to detect DD 5.2, so can’t equip restraints on PC when captured. Also, when captured, I can walk as far away as I want from my captors though one of them persistently follows me. I guess running away doesn’t really work, and I just have to roleplay being captured rather than depending on the mod alone. Otherwise, seems to work just fine!

Edited by Gyra
  • 2 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 6:17 AM, Gyra said:

Doesn’t seem to detect DD 5.2, so can’t equip restraints on PC when captured. Also, when captured, I can walk as far away as I want from my captors though one of them persistently follows me. I guess running away doesn’t really work, and I just have to roleplay being captured rather than depending on the mod alone. Otherwise, seems to work just fine!

That's a pity.  I just came back to have a look to see if there was a good, current, SSE version of this, as it had the best, most challenging, post defeat capture/imprison etc/escape/recapture mechanism in any mod I ever used.  eg I remember an escape from the troll cave outside Dawnstar once took 24 hours game time and umpteen recapture/punish 'events' before I managed to crawl/roll my bound PC close enough to Dawnstar for the good people to see the troll and kill it.  If FHU had been active then, my PC would have been bouncing across the wilderness   LOL