Dragonborn In Distress

View File

Defeat, imprisonment, abuse, trauma, and addiction. The Dragonborn no longer a paragon of virtue or an unkillable hero.

This mod is intended to be a light-weight defeat, slavery, prison, and addiction mod, integrated seamlessly into normal Skyrim gameplay, completely voiced by vanilla voice lines, and supports several other mods that can add to the experience, without requiring them. It's core is a gameplay cycle of trauma and addiction. If you are defeated and abused, you will become traumatized. To recover, you will either have to wait several in-game days, or find some substance, device, or activity that can distract you. The catch, is that all of these actions and items are addictive. If you go too long without them, your mind or body will deteriorate, leading the Dragonborn into a downward cycle.

!Important Compatibility Issue!

If you have two mods that are both soft dependents of the same mod, but don't have that dependency installed, one or both of the mods may break. Dragonborn in Distress is particularly susceptible to this, with the number of soft dependencies it has. The most common culprit is another mod that is soft dependent on Devious Devices or SexLab Aroused. This bug can be fixed by simply installing the soft dependency. If you don't want to have the mod fully installed, just make sure the scripts are installed, and disable the plugin.

Defeat & Surrender

You now have the option to surrender in combat. You can do this either via hotkey set in the MCM, or your character will surrender automatically if they are exhausted and wounded enough, again configurable and toggle-able in the MCM. The humanoids, creatures, or animals, you surrender too will either capture and abuse you and your followers, or send you off to prison.

If you are captured, the group that defeated you will spend several rounds, raping your character and followers, traumatizing them. You will then be left in the dungeon, watched by one of your captors. Though, your captors won't take your items. Your character will be left in shock, with you completely drained of Magick, Stamina, and unable to run. Your followers will also mysteriously disappear, either they escaped, or are in a different area of the dungeon. They will show up once you escape on your own. You will be able to recover from your shock after a few hours. The time remaining before you recover from your shock is displayed in the MCM. Your character will also be traumatized, increasing the costs of spell casting and power attacks. Trauma will take several days to recover, depending on how roughly your character was used. Though, waiting around near your captors won't do you any good, as they will likely use you again and again, every few hours. You will either have to make a run for it, which will cause your captors to aggro, or try to kill them in your weakened state. If Devious Devices is installed, your captors may bind your character and followers after abusing them.

While you are captured, your captors will keep a close eye on you; one will start to follow you around if they see you moving. They will punish you if they see you trying to escape, ie running, trying to open doors, or approaching the exit if it is not a door. Additionally, they will keep an eye on you to make sure you don't loot items, chests, and bodies. If one of your captors sees you while you are trying to loot something, they will stop you, abuse you, and possibly add more devices. However, if you Pickpocket skill is high enough, you can get away with it even in plain sight.

The following factions and creatures can capture and abuse you:

• Bandits
  • Warlocks
  • Necromancers
  • Vampires
  • The Imperial Legion
  • The Stormcloak Rebellion
  • The Forsworn
  • The Afflicted
  • Hired Thugs
  • Any Amoral Person

• Draugr
  • Falmer
  • Giants
  • Spriggans
  • Werewolves

• Chaurus
  • Spiders
  • Trolls
  • Generic Predators

If you are imprisoned, your followers will be dismissed, and you will be brought to the jail, where you will have to wait until your crimes are considered cleared. The rate is configurable in the MCM. If your bounty is high enough, one of the guards may decide to teach you a lesson and abuse you, which will traumatizing you. You will get a warning when they are approaching, and you might be able to use that time to escape if you need to. Beyond that, prison is rather boring, which might be a good thing for someone struggling with addiction. You can disable this part of the mod through the MCM, and use the vanilla system, or a different prison mod.

The following holds are supported:

• Eastmarch (Windhelm)
  • Falkreath
  • Haafingar (Solitude)
  • Hjaalmarch (Morthal)
  • The Pale (Dawnstar)
  • The Rift (Riften)
  • Whiterun

The Chill in Winterhold, and Cidhna Mine in Markarth are left untouched.

Trauma & Relief

If you manage to escape your captors, lawful or not, your trauma will persist for several in-game days. You will either have to suffer through it, or try to find some relief.

Minor levels of trauma (0 < Severity < 11) will leave you Hazy, and you will only need a stiff drink of mead or ale to settle your nerves for a time.

Medium levels of trauma (10 < Severity < 21) will leave you Distraught. Only hard drugs like skooma and moon sugar will be able to distract you.

Major levels of trauma (20 < Severity < 31) will leave you Hysterical. The rush and satisfaction of thievery, or the security of chastity devices, will give you some sense of normality.

Extreme levels of trauma (Severity > 30) will leave you Broken. You will need to find someone or something else to take control. At the moment, only the extreme milking pumps from Milk Mod Economy, or the tentacle monsters from Estrus Chaurus will be able to give you that. Milk pumps can now be enabled at most vanilla farms and mills by talking to the farm's owner. Tentacle attacks can now be triggered by harvesting chaurus eggs, similar to my Estrus Trapped Eggs mod.

The severity and days remaining to recover from your trauma are shown in the MCM.

Addiction & Withdrawal

The drawback to overcoming your trauma this way, is that these forms of relief are all addictive. If you use them too frequently, you will become addicted. If you stop using a form of relief while addicted to it, you will become withdrawn. The only way to recover from addiction and withdrawal is to wait it out. If you are withdrawn, you will unable to properly train your skills, and will suffer from distracting thoughts and uncontrollable actions, hampering your recovery. The types of addiction are listed below:

Alcoholic: If you are addicted to alcohol, you may get the Alcoholic effect. You will be unable to talk to innkeepers before asking a drink from them first, no matter how little gold you have, which might result in a bounty. You are also likely to steal and drink any alcohol you find lying around.

Narcotic: If you become addicted to skooma, moon sugar, or sleeping tree sap, you may get the Narcotic effect. You will be unable to talk to the Khajiit caravaneers before demanding a bottle of skooma, which might result in a fight. You are also likely to steal and drink any skooma or other narcotics you find.

Kleptomaniac: If you become addicted to thievery, you may get the Kleptomaniac effect. In towns and cities, you will be unable to resist taking any trinkets you find, no matter who they belong too or who's watching. If you talk to guards or blacksmiths while incredibly withdrawn, you might beg them to tie your hands, to prevent further theft.

Whore: If you become addicted to sex, you may get the Whore effect. You will often masturbate in public, and will be unable to talk to most people without un-subtly asking them to fuck you first. If you talk to blacksmith, you might beg them to lock a chastity belt on you, to stop your outbursts.

Milk Maid: If you become addicted to having your breasts milked regularly, you may get the Milk Maid effect. If you approach farms or mills, you might end up using their local milking pump. You will also be unable to talk to farmers or shopkeepers, before asking them to milk you dry first.

Unearthly Lover: If you become addicted to being hentai-ed by tentacles, you may get the Unearthly Lover effect. If you venture into caves and dungeons, the monsters housed there may detect your yearningl; approaching chaurus egg sacks, falmer totems, or glowing mushrooms may trigger tentacle attacks.

Wearing Devious Devices will stop most of these effects from happening. Chastity Belts will stop the Whore and Unearthly Lover effects from triggering, and Chastity Bras will stop the Milk Maid effect. Wearing a Gag will stop you from blurting out demands for drugs or sex, and will also stop you from automatically drinking the booze and drugs you find. Wearing hand restraints will stop all forms of theft. Of course, once you start relying on these devices, you might become paranoid when not wearing them:

Undisciplined: If you wear wrist restraints too often while addicted or traumatized, you might get the Undisciplined effect. You will be paranoid that you will start stealing again, and get in trouble with the law. You might immediately put on any wrist restraints you're carrying with you, and before talking to guards or blacksmiths, you may beg them to bind your hands.

Vulnerable: If you wear chastity devices too often while addicted or traumatized, you might get the Vulnerable effect. You will become paranoid that anyone and everyone is about to pull you into a dark alleyway and use you. You might immediately put on any chastity devices you have on you, and before talking to blacksmiths you may beg them to lock you in a chastity belt.

Volatile: If you wear a gag too often while addicted or traumatized, you might get the Volatile effect. You will become paranoid that you are about to blurt something horrid and perverted, starting a fight or putting a bounty on your head. You might immediately force a gag into your mouth if you're carrying one, and before talking to blacksmiths and guards you may beg them to gag you.

You will only have one of these effects at any given time, and these effects will not trigger if you are currently captured, imprisoned, or if you are near a shrine. Also, staying near a shrine will decrease your withdrawal and addiction significantly. Staying near a shrine for 4 in-game days will completely cure any and all addictions.

Your current addiction and withdrawal values are listed in the MCM.

Compatibility

The following mods can be added to improve the features this mod has:

SexLab Aroused Redux - Dragonborn in Distress uses this mods values for sex addiction. Enables the Whore effect.

Devious Devices Integration 4.x - You may be bound in devices when defeated, and can use devices to quell your addictions.

Milk Mod Economy 26-01-2019 or higher - Enables using Milk Pumps as a form of relief, and enables milk pump addiction.

Estrus Chaurus+ 4.x - Enables tentacle attacks through chaurus eggs, enables using tentacles as a form of relief, and enables tentacle addiction.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/29/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab 1.6x
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

I have so got to try this mod..  The desriptions sounds a lot of fun...  Good luck with developing this mod, its potential is massive ..

4 minutes ago, Mancubus said:

Would this replace Sexlab - Defeat, or does it work with it?

This mod was designed as an alternative to SexLab Defeat's Player as a Victim. Though, you can still use the two at the same time if you disable Player as a Victim in Defeat, or if you disable Automatic Surrender in this mod.

4 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

This mod was designed as an alternative to SexLab Defeat's Player as a Victim. Though, you can still use the two at the same time if you disable Player as a Victim in Defeat, or if you disable Automatic Surrender in this mod.

Okay, thanks.

Is this compartible with Prison Overhaul and Skooma Whore?

Or does it try to replace those as well?

Are there toggles for the various effects?

Some looks quite interesting, some a little more on the fringe side.

8 minutes ago, Conan_Chick said:

Ok to run with Shout like a virgin? Will make staying one hard. Lol. 

I'm not sure, I've never used that mod.

7 minutes ago, lanastara said:

Is this compartible with Prison Overhaul and Skooma Whore?

Or does it try to replace those as well?

You can disable the crime surrender, and use Prison Overhaul instead if you want. Using skooma whore with this mod might cause some issues, since they both try to do the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Deutsche_Cookie said:

Do other creatures have sex with you on surrender, or it's limited to listed in OP?

If the creature is listed as a predator, such as bears, wolves, sabre cats, etx., then you should be able to surrender to them. Otherwise, just the ones listed.

2 minutes ago, afa said:

Are there toggles for the various effects?

Some looks quite interesting, some a little more on the fringe side.

There aren't any toggles. Though, I'm open to suggestions if you feel some effects too harsh or not harsh enough.

So, this is amazing. I've always tried to rely on apropos for that after rape trauma effect, but it isn't quite the same. My suggestions, and please, take them just as my suggestions, and not a knock at all towards the amazing content you have created. I have always wanted a different outcome for surrendering in Defeat, because whether you surrender or get beaten down, the outcome is the same.

A slider for how far your PC can fall into trauma. I am interested in the need to drink or take skooma. Not sure if I would use the hysterical or broken setting. A slider or options for how deep you go into each level might help also. IE in SL Skooma Whore you can set how addicted you get between I think easy, medium, or hard. I forget the settings.

If able to toggle off/on each of the addiction aspects. I don't use milk mod myself, and I like the whore setting except I've never been big on Chastity Belts and usually disable them. So maybe if each addiction had a menu to toggle certain parts on/off. It would just allow some more customization.

Also, are you willing to try to tie this into Bleedout in DAYMOYL? Would be nice to have an alternative to Defeat. I miss the old Sexlab Submit at times, but it wasn't updated to keep up over the years. Also maybe an option on what bondage devices from DD get equipped, or just normal binds like Submit used to have.

Oh, and the only other thing I can think of, does this only use aggressive animations? I didn't see a setting. Going to install it and dabble with it now.

Amazing work.

1 minute ago, Code Serpent said:

If the creature is listed as a predator, such as bears, wolves, sabre cats, etx., then you should be able to surrender to them. Otherwise, just the ones listed.

Do effects from your mod (trauma, addiction, etc.) apply after rapes from other mods (like defeat or horrible harassment)? 

2 minutes ago, Deutsche_Cookie said:

Do effects from your mod (trauma, addiction, etc.) apply after rapes from other mods (like defeat or horrible harassment)? 

At the moment, only abuse caused by this mod increases trauma.

So only my companion is raped with me.
After this scene, I was tied to a yoke in a crypta "beamed" where other vampires then killed me.
  :classic_huh:

39 minutes ago, Krynn said:

So only my companion is raped with me.
After this scene, I was tied to a yoke in a crypta "beamed" where other vampires then killed me.
  :classic_huh:

What dungeon were you in?

44 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

What dungeon were you in?

I was attacked outside of vampires, after the surrender and the rape of my companion, I was inside a ruin and was killed.
Unfortunately I do not know the name, I reloaded afterwards. somewhere west of rorikstatt.

Ohhh I'l definitely be watching this. Don't really wanna install it quite yet since I'm mid playthrough, but it'll definitely be in there sooner or later. I'd love to see compatibility with SD+ for the Broken state, DA just cuz I think it would kind of need it, as well as MCM options to turn on/off certain aspects of states or addictions.

Overall, super excited to see this mod being developed and I wish you luck!

My test with this has the issue where the bandits in the dungeons turned hostile again immediately after the teleport to a jail cell, specifically the fort due west of Whiterun (I don't recall the actual name).  I'm also unable to surrender again while escaping, which doesn't make much sense to me. 

I also got stuck in scenery after teleporting in the silent moons camp interior area.

Congratulations on publishing this mod, Code Serpent!  This looks very promising.

How does the combat defeat handle a follower?  For example, if the PC loses enough health to trigger a surrender but the follower is still healthy, does combat continue until the follower is defeated too?  (That would be similar to the "All Down" setting in Defeat.)

You might consider adding an option to have a follower wait rather than be dismissed when the PC is imprisoned.  Dismissing a Devious Follower would probably play hell with that mod, and probably wouldn't be good for a quest follower either. 

Any plans to eventually support a Simple Slavery outcome? 

Suggestion:  Resting for 8 hours in a bed in a player home or inn should probably help with trauma at any level of severity.  It would also give players who don't use Milk Maid or Estrus Chaurus a way to remedy the Broken condition.  Since you're trying to balance relief with addiction, perhaps long periods of bed rest while traumatized could lead to a psychological addition to sleeping (those mornings when it seems best to just pull the covers over your head and ignore the day). 

24 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Suggestion:  Resting for 8 hours in a bed in a player home or inn should probably help with trauma at any level of severity.  It would also give players who don't use Milk Maid or Estrus Chaurus a way to remedy the Broken condition.  Since you're trying to balance relief with addiction, perhaps long periods of bed rest while traumatized could lead to a psychological addition to sleeping (those mornings when it seems best to just pull the covers over your head and ignore the day). 

I'll be giving the mod a shot in the next couple days myself.

Possible name for the sleep addiction idea, if that works: Depression

"Why bother getting out of bed / leave the house? I'll just get beaten and raped anyway."

Cure for it could be time spent in a town temple perhaps?

Gave this a run on SSE, after resaving it in the 64-bit CK. Seems to work well. Manually surrendering works, the scenes work, and my PC ended up in bondage and debuffed. The concept is very promising and the mod appears to work very smoothly and reliably! I'll definitely be testing this more!

I understand that you don't want to get into the "items stolen + retrieve quest", but could you have the PC's items unequipped? It seems strange for her to be redressed after being raped and held in captivity.

Also, the PC was able to walk out her place of detention (White River Watch) without the bandits going hostile. This was tested in a new game that I don't believe has any other mods in it that alter NPC factions/AI.

After testing this for a bit, I have a few suggested features to add. The first would for sure be the option to save our chosen settings, so we don't have to set them again for every new play-through. After that, an option to set the player to essential to avoid death before the auto-surrender activates. Lastly, an option for the attackers to rob gold and other valuables worth over a configurable amount of gold. Other than those suggested updates, I'm loving this mod's efficiency and speed at which it bounces from attacker to attacker. This is a welcome addition to my load order. Thank you.

How exactly are you supposed to escape post-defeat if you can't fight, and are slowed to a walk? (And possibly deviced as well).

In DA or Defeat, or DA+Defeat, this might repeat once or twice, but then you'll get a "ported away" outcome, unless you turned them all off, or you'll get enslaved.

Either way, you get an end to the rape-loop without too much pointless rape-looping.

Also, how does this interact with SD+ or DF or SS? Are there any slavery outcomes? Or is that not a thing?

Can somebody who has played this explain how it works in DBiD in practice?

Hello, is it odd that the mod's MCM does not show up at all on a new game? Or does it need some other requirements?

Only got the 1.62 main framework & aroused redux installed.

Are rieklings supported as predators by this mod?   And a couple of the addictions aren't really my cup of tea, so make them toggleable, please?