3 hours ago, zelurker said:

After testing, I agree with those thinking that 15% in the reduction of skills progression rate while in trauma is like nothing

Well, when I first developed the mod, everyone and their creepy uncle was shouting at me that the skill reduction was too much. So I have no idea what anyone wants now.

2 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Well, when I first developed the mod, everyone and their creepy uncle was shouting at me that the skill reduction was too much. So I have no idea what anyone wants now.

wow, really? ?

I really can not image how anyone would see that as even a minor concern. Everything in skyrim levels with you, unless you are running like requiem or something like that. (maybe they were requiem users... /shrug)

for my part I would think it should be at least something that would make drinking or doing skooma seem like a good idea to mitigate it. But as it stands the debuffs from alcohol or skooma is WAY more hindering than trauma. Add on the risk of addiction, and it is a no brainer, live with the trauma. 

I love the little messages btw. ?

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

I really can not image how anyone would see that as even a minor concern. Everything in skyrim levels with you, unless you are running like requiem or something like that. (maybe they were requiem users... /shrug)

I believe that the XP penalty that people were upset with at the time (roughly May - July time frame) was 75%, not 15%.  It's true that Skyrim levels with you, but if progression slows to a crawl and there are a few key perks you had your eye on, it's understandable that some players wouldn't like that.  A 15% penalty is a different story though.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I believe that the XP penalty that people were upset with at the time (roughly May - July time frame) was 75%, not 15%.

Initially the exp penalty wasn't even applied to trauma, it was applied to addictions and was set to a 25% debuff at 25, 50% at 50, 75% at 75.

Now, assigned to trauma, its set to 15% debuff up to 25, 30% up to 50, 45% up to 75, and 60% over 75.

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

for my part I would think it should be at least something that would make drinking or doing skooma seem like a good idea to mitigate it.

I have been thinking about re-introducing higher stamina costs for power attacks, and higher magicka costs for spell casting, as an additional trauma consequence. At the moment though, I think I need to take a while to re-evaluate most of the effects from addiction and trauma from the ground up.

tried several parts of addiction, maybe it is only my setting, but it is working best with trauma "on"... and yes, it is the decision of the mod-author, how to perfom this. I can go with it (mostly), but again, the addiction with tentacle seems wrong, since they can be everywhere, not only inside of dungeons - and just a thought, if someone is sexaddicted, will count masturbation not as sex, also? same whith selfinflicted tentacle-spells, buying alkohol in inns (or stealing)... in reality it is often not "how" you get your stuff, but "that" you get it - otherwise it would be like " I prefer chocolade, but if it is not there, ok I choose a salad or steak"... addiction in my opionion is more so you will do anything to fullfill it

On 3/16/2020 at 1:01 PM, Code Serpent said:

It might seem like mixed messaging, but the problem in earlier versions was that the PC tended to end up "stuck" at max XP reduction.

I'm still stuck with some XP reduction, despite no "real" trauma, which is caused by (various mods) setting the victim flag on consensual sex.

It's not a big problem, but does feel a little unjust.

I believe that DiD sets the victim flag when you beg for sex due to addiction.

So... you acquire trauma from sex you asked for.

I know this isn't "news" as such, but all these things are inter-related.

High debuff values start to become troublesome (and boring) when they are always set rather than rarely present.

They need to retain some novelty value to be fun for the player.

I'm not saying this is broken right now, but the player options could improve in the area of how much benefit an addiction delivers.

If sex addiction is a self-reinforcing trauma-generation loop, then maximal debuff values will always be set.

Right now, I'm finding that the chastity-belt addiction helps break that loop, which may be the intention of the setup.

There are already mods that set the victim flag for weak, or wrong reasons, so sex-addiction is one of those things that players are likely to end up disabling due to "unfair" trauma addition.

And then we have rape mods that strip belts ... I guess that's a player option ... probably best not to stress over that.

It would still probably be helpful if DiD could be fairly cautious about adding trauma, rather than over-eager.

e.g.

to get sex trauma, the victim flag has to be set AND the animation has to be tagged aggressive - as a minimum.

Arguably, it would make sense to have an option so that only scenes triggered by DiD itself (as part of captures) can impart trauma.

This would allow DiD to isolate itself from situations like "prostitution mod that sets victim flag when the customer asks for rough sex", if the player feels that is not really trauma, and let those players who like lots of trauma, not to set that option.

Because the consequences of an addictions and events vary so much from game to game, options for players are important in enabling players to achieve balance, and some events are just a bit different from others.

More extreme events, like estrus tentacle rape (which is probably the most extreme bad event that can befall my PC, worse than trauma itself really), could/should banish addiction for the entire duration of the estrus pregnancy. Of course not everybody has set massive belly size debuffs, or is using MME - where a persistent 20% increase in breast-size is a serious penalty that is very hard to undo.

Begging for sex might be relatively harmless, or might get the PC arrested into PoP or Dragonar, depending on the mods in play.

Alcohol is probably the least likely to have terrible outcomes, but when mixed with SL Adventures, it can be made rather nasty.

Skooma may vary from inconsequential, to highly damaging. A magic-based build, mixed with MME skooma mechanics, cripples the PC so they can't fight for some significant time with each dose of skooma.

And so on... DiD can't know by itself how severe the consequences of an addiction will be in a given game.

It would be a big help if players could balance the returned benefits of those negative events for themselves.

Maybe a way to let the player control some of this is to let them set a LIMIT for the trauma-debuff mitigation for each addiction?

Then, when your addiction cause is maximally satisfied (e.g. drunk as a skunk) you can only get that much trauma reduction from alcohol.

Also, allow players to toggle withdrawal as a trauma mitigator.

Sounds silly? But you can't think about your problems if the only thing on your mind is the next fix.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:46 PM, Code Serpent said:

I have been thinking about re-introducing higher stamina costs for power attacks, and higher magicka costs for spell casting, as an additional trauma consequence. At the moment though, I think I need to take a while to re-evaluate most of the effects from addiction and trauma from the ground up.

For melee combat, my personal feeling is that messing with stamina and power-attacks is an unsatisfying mechanism, and only really works for people using combat mods that make all attacks stamina-driven.

Tampering with the PC's ability to block and ignore damage is more universally effective.

Taking damage means you are in trouble faster, and forces you to burn finite resources (like potions, or healing magicka).

It also makes you very vulnerable to enemies that you can't strike back against.

This has a more dramatic effect than debuffing their skills.

A moderate-level heavy armor build can mitigate so much damage that they can get past their poor damage-output simply by wearing the enemy down.

As was raised elsewhere, a good way to mess with the PC's magic ability is to scale the spell costs.

Mix damage-taken scaling and block impairment with magic cost scaling, and the PC's combat ability will be hit hard in almost any build.

I could imagine that impairing stealth might be a thing too. This has the upside that all traumatized characters have low stealth, so you can balance escapes against a reliable low stealth value, rather than having to make it work for stealth builds and non-stealth.

In some older DiD versions, stealth was effectively a hard requirement to have any hope of escape, which was a bit annoying if you weren't a stealth build.

I suppose, like other issues, this is a bit game specific. But vlkSexlife used to punish you by scaling damage, and it was much more impactful than the XP penalties of SLAR.

2 hours ago, kakaer said:

Does addiction increase merely by commencing in the acts? I've got up to 50 minutes in the Sexlab Diary and sex addiction is still at 0. I've also increased the numbers in SA(time rate is around 80-100 and exposure rate is at 10).

The implementation of the addictions varies.

With sex, it appears that it uses the Time Rate from SLA* directly as the addiction value. If it's zero, and your time rate is over 80, then that sounds wrong.

If you have enabled the option so that addiction only occurs with trauma, maybe it only updates when you have trauma?

Or only updates upwards if trauma > 0 (but can update downwards without trauma).

I'm not sure about that part, as I frequently seem to have at least some trauma.

21 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

The implementation of the addictions varies.

With sex, it appears that it uses the Time Rate from SLA* directly as the addiction value. If it's zero, and your time rate is over 80, then that sounds wrong.

If you have enabled the option so that addiction only occurs with trauma, maybe it only updates when you have trauma?

Or only updates upwards if trauma > 0 (but can update downwards without trauma).

I'm not sure about that part, as I frequently seem to have at least some trauma.

I'm at nearly 200 trauma(turned it on as necessity for addction around 80) and, to be honest, have modified the timerate myself in the Puppet Master option in MCM. Regardless of what the Time Rate was at 40 before I messed with it, and nothing. The texts in the center of the screen were sexual at the start, but then they started becoming more incomprehensive and after a certain point simply ceased to exist. Addiction is still at 0.

7 hours ago, kakaer said:

I'm at nearly 200 trauma(turned it on as necessity for addction around 80) and, to be honest, have modified the timerate myself in the Puppet Master option in MCM. Regardless of what the Time Rate was at 40 before I messed with it, and nothing. The texts in the center of the screen were sexual at the start, but then they started becoming more incomprehensive and after a certain point simply ceased to exist. Addiction is still at 0.

That's not what I'm seeing in my game. Sounds like it's broken for you. Look in your save for multiple warnings about access to None objects from a variety for mods.

If you have those ... your save is not in a good state.

If you don't, you might be able to fix DiD by some means ... resets, or something more dramatic like clean save + save cleaner on orphaned scripts.

This would likely not be a DiD-specific issue if you have it.

Other problems are possible of course, but scripts losing properties "en-masse" is fairly common in Skyrim.

I'd love to know the root cause of that, but have no idea other than some games seem to start with the problem and it then gets worse over time, but the exact same LO can start a new game and be fine. So, I think it's related to something that happens to games when they first start (probably on first load), rather than something simplistically right/wrong in the mods in the game.

Games with heavy load at start seem more vulnerable - so mods that auto-start SexLab, or that run the vanilla cart-scene start are more vulnerable, maybe?

After playing with 2.04 a good bit (on SSE though..) I notice that if my PC has a follower and she's defeated via DiD, things get kind of problematic if she has a follower with her.  While the follower does get enslaved along with her,  after a sex act on the follower, the mobs aggro on my PC and she keeps getting defeated over and over again.  So far, I've seen that DiD works just fine without a follower though..no mob aggro. 

Just my observations.  I've used DiD with both LE and SE.  Other than the glitch above they work just fine for me. 

Brought another save to 50 minutes of sex recorded in the Diary, got Time Rate at constant 70-100, trigger scene after scene - nothing. I checked my load order, I checked for conflicts - still nothing. Are there console commands that can change addictions and such, by any chance?

1 hour ago, eaoke2 said:

My animations are not working? the player models just stand there. I have updated FNIS and it wont work, any ideas?

Did you miss a step?  It's the simple things that are easy to forget.

Run FNIS.

Toggle the animations on in SL Anim Loader.

Press the Register button in SL Anim Loader.

i like this mod .but having big problem playing it as bimbo my trauma is over 600,since my character beg for sex very often most of the scene r aggressive tags...any suggestion to slow down trauma as bimbo?!

and another thing i ve seen  even with narcotic option disabled character still stole from ppl or own inventory .

The enemy doesn't seem to pull the rape animations from SexLab's "aggressive" category, but just the general pool. Am I missing something, or would I simply have to disable all animations but rough ones in the general animation pool?

The bandits I tested this with (at the camp just northwest downhill of the tutorial exit) also seemed okay with me just sauntering out of the camp and walking down the road to Riverwood. There's always a bandit tagging closely to me but I would have thought they'd try to stop me from wandering too far. (edit: I''m not actually sure if DiD or some other SL mod is causing this.)

Hi, thought i would have a play with DID loaded but not sexlab defeat, and when i get captured by multiple bandits, one goes to have sex with PC and the others start attacking her again. this is without any followers. was hoping to just use this mod for defeat feature as well as its addictions but its not working properly for me as a defeat mod

Just uploaded an update that includes an Uninstall button. This will likely be the last update on this page.

I'm going to be remaking the mod from scratch (again) and splitting it into two mods: Dragonborn in More Distress (containing all the defeat, capture, and imprisonment features), and Corruption of the Dragonborn (containing all the trauma and addiction features).

I don't know how long it will take me to develop the first versions of these, as I'm aiming for polish first before most other features. Also, given my track record of talking about features, and never getting around to making them, I'm going to avoid talking about how far they are along until they are close to release.

2 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Just uploaded an update that includes an Uninstall button. This will likely be the last update on this page.

I'm going to be remaking the mod from scratch (again) and splitting it into two mods: Dragonborn in More Distress (containing all the defeat, capture, and imprisonment features), and Corruption of the Dragonborn (containing all the trauma and addiction features).

I don't know how long it will take me to develop the first versions of these, as I'm aiming for polish first before most other features. Also, given my track record of talking about features, and never getting around to making them, I'm going to avoid talking about how far they are along until they are close to release.

I'm glad to see you persist with this, especially seperating out the Defeat components.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with

I really found the combat defeat features you incorporated to be both novel and great fun, and they probably made for a much better gameplay than any of the other combat defeat mods content, eg Defeat, itself, and DCL.  I just couldn't make too much of a success of it in my own games as they were then

If I may make one suggestion, tho?  Good follower handling is really a necessity to make whatever you do match DCL and Defeat.  I appreciate that that might well not be easy to do.  So, might there be merits in maybe just getting some, or all, followers 'out of the picture' wherever possible, in some sort of 'believable' manner - although maybe leaving an option of having one of them share the Dragonborn's fate.  For instance, (soft) options

- just park them somewhere else to be rescued - Inte's SD Cages etc

- use Pamatronic's recent Gallows mod (or lethal Zaz furniture scripts) to have them strung up, or imperiled, outside the nearest city - or in some remote place - with a VERY VERY slow health degradation setting - multiple game days worth - to give the player an incentive to escape and rescue them before they 'really' die.  And make their inventory irrecoverable if they die so that the player doesn't succeed - even give them a load of the player's inventory too, so the risk of loss is greater.  And if more than one dealt with like this, one at a few cities to make the player have to choose which to save LOL.  The basic assets and scripts are there, and shouldn't need huge amounts of change

- failing those, have them just bunk off out of the fight to the nearest inn, for the player to retrieve later, if he wants them back LOL

I hope those suggestions might be helpful, and maybe even practicable!