What's on your mind?

23 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I thought apple pies were mandatory for Americans.

Where I live we are more 'meat n tater pie'. The EU tried to have us call them 'tater n meat' as there is more tater than meat in them but we weren't fer avin it. You can't just throw out 2,000 years of tradition because some paper-shufflers say so.

Incorrect

American Pie is mandatory for Americans.

33 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I thought apple pies were mandatory for Americans.

Where I live we are more 'meat n tater pie'. The EU tried to have us call them 'tater n meat' as there is more tater than meat in them but we weren't fer avin it. You can't just throw out 2,000 years of tradition because some paper-shufflers say so.

I thought that taters were indigenous to the New World. While not the best source Wikipedia says:

It arrived in Europe sometime before the end of the 16th century https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_potato

So, maybe 500 years of tradition?

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

American Pie is mandatory for Americans.

Good thinking, Ninety-Nine.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Wikipedia

Take no notice of Wikipedia. I have it from my granny who used to grow potatoes from chips.

Edited by Grey Cloud
2 hours ago, BananaSplitOoh said:

Wondering if sound engineers and composers are needed in the modding community ? I'm assuming most modders use existing sound banks and royalty free or public domain music, right ? 

Good question.    For modders like me, the key word here is "free".    That is why music published under Creative Commons License 4.0, non derivative or otherwise is a god send.  There are a few modders who use copyrighted material, but don't advertise it and usually get away with it.  

However, I use this site to find talent (https://www.castingcall.club/homepage).    I am in need of someone who can sing as well play piano.

7 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Good question.    For modders like me, the key word here is "free".    That is why music published under Creative Commons License 4.0, non derivative or otherwise is a god send.  There are a few modders who use copyrighted material, but don't advertise it and usually get away with it.  

However, I use this site to find talent (https://www.castingcall.club/homepage).   

I see, bit disheartening but expected that answer

7 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I am in need of someone who can sing as well play piano.

What for ?

17 hours ago, BananaSplitOoh said:

I see, bit disheartening but expected that answer

What for ?

Put these words

Spoiler

Gonna tell you a story about a little town I know

They had a real big problem

With some big mean local foes

Those synths were making the whole city lose control

Well the mayor was frantic, the town was panicked

'Cause they had no sense of fear

'Cause they knew that they were missing those boys with a mission

So they called them up right cheer (right here)

They went zappin and stabbin and shooting through the joint

Stepped right in and got down to the point

<Those Minutemen> <The Brotherhood><Those Railroad cats> cleanin' up the town, oh yeah

About five o'clock those boys came up

And they could see those synths were real

And they knew they'd better get right to work

So they revved up the teleporter gear

Yeah, the boys were ready, their aim was steady

And their hearts were made of steel

Well the mayor he started ranting around

And the whole town started to roar

And they're seeing this town that rocked

Those coursers dropped down to the floor

Those Minutemen cleanin' up the town,

You should seen those coursers in the trap saying

"Those boys can make 'em dance"

Well Diamond City so happy now

They rocked that institute

But if the boys hadn't come to the rescue

The synths might have still been making noise

Those minutemen cleanin' up the town

to this song.

Spoiler

and for a female singer

put these words

Spoiler

I can wash out 44 power suits and have 'em hangin out on the line

I can snipe & layout 2 dozens raiders 'fore you can count from 1 to 9

I can scoop up a great big dipper full of Nuka Cola from the can

Throw it in the mixer, go out & do my shopping, be back before it melts the pan

'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again

I can rub & scrub this old gun til it's shinin like a dime

Feed the needy, grease the car, & powder my face at the same time

Get all dressed up, go out and rave til 4 a.m. and then

Lay down at 5, jump up at 6, and start all over again

If you come to me radiated you know I'm gonna make you well

If you come to me all hexed up you know I'm gonna break the spell

If you come to me hungry you know I'm gonna fill you with squirrel bits

If it's lovin you're likin, I'll kiss you and give you the shiverin' fits

I got a twenty two cap gold piece says there ain't nothing I can't do

I can make a dress out of ballistic weave and I can make a man out of you

'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, and that's all

To this song

Spoiler

6 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

*snip*

First youtube link wasnt available for me but second worked. Yeah I see where you're going with this, you want another Magnolia, for the third rail maybe ?
edit: Think you could focus on just the singer here. The smokey joe's café song got MIDI files everywhere. Slap them on any DAW and you're pretty much done. Unless you want a specific (piano) interpretation or real piano recording

Edited by BananaSplitOoh
17 hours ago, BananaSplitOoh said:

First youtube link wasnt available for me but second worked. Yeah I see where you're going with this, you want another Magnolia, for the third rail maybe ?
edit: Think you could focus on just the singer here. The smokey joe's café song got MIDI files everywhere. Slap them on any DAW and you're pretty much done. Unless you want a specific (piano) interpretation or real piano recording

Sort of.    The first song is cleaning up the town by the busboys from the Ghostbusters soundtrack.   It is to be played on DC radio once the PC defeats the institute.   that is why there needs to be several versions depending on which faction you favor.    The second is just a song I would like to have specifically because the DJ is a female.

5 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Sort of.    The first song is cleaning up the town by the busboys from the Ghostbusters soundtrack.   It is to be played on DC radio once the PC defeats the institute.   that is why there needs to be several versions depending on which faction you favor.    The second is just a song I would like to have specifically because the DJ is a female.

aaah fallout radio.... i wish i had heard two things on fallout 4 radio, something similar to mr new vegas radio or fallout 3 good guys radio... God Bless the america, God bless The Enclave.

4 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> All right, I am truly very curious. watching many funny clips on Youtube, I have notice that many black women wears wigs. I don't get it, why since they have very lush hair. Would somebody seriously tells me why they do that without joking? Thanks

Not sure. One of my exes showed up for our first date wearing a blonde wig and contacts that made her beautiful dark eyes some weird light blue. I asked her why she did that and she responded that she wanted to look more attractive for me. I told her "Babe, would you please take those off/out and just be yourself? That's who I'm attracted to." ;)

2 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Not sure. One of my exes showed up for our first date wearing a blonde wig and contacts that made her beautiful dark eyes some weird light blue. I asked her why she did that and she responded that she wanted to look more attractive for me. I told her "Babe, would you please take those off/out and just be yourself? That's who I'm attracted to." ;)

> Exactly. My Prince convinced me to put much less of makeup and similar shit on my face saying that I look more beautiful without it. Aren't we, women crazy and stupid sometimes thinking that some things would make us more attractive when it makes opposite effect?

giphy.gif?cid=36b14facedxmyxyfh17i3jsamo1v5jf5ffa45kzmyftkb1yp&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
3 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Exactly. My Prince convinced me to put much less of makeup and similar shit on my face saying that I look more beautiful without it. Aren't we, women crazy and stupid sometimes thinking that some things would make us more attractive when it makes opposite effect?

No Comment GIFs | Tenor

8 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> All right, I am truly very curious. watching many funny clips on Youtube, I have notice that many black women wears wigs. I don't get it, why since they have very lush hair. Would somebody seriously tells me why they do that without joking? Thanks

Because their hair is in very tight curls and to just put braids and beads in the natural hair takes 3 hours.    Also, it is expensive to keep straightening the hair to get this kind of style

Top 9 Most Popular Short Hairstyles for Black Women 2020 - HairStyles ...

not to mention the damage done.    So it is easier and more cost effective to have short hair and either braid in a weave or wear a wig.   

Lastly, years of handed down knowledge is only now being broken/corrected.  Our daughter's hair is the kind of hair that most other black women would kill for (very thick, very healthy but takes three hours to braid and put in beads) because we were taught by qualified beauticians and could afford to use olive oil, premium hair conditioner,  and relaxers and did not have to resort to more "economical" substitutes that ultimately damage the hair to the point that it all has to come off.

Finally, there is a strong cultural "reward" by going to the salon to get your hair done, because it usually takes hours (my other daughter would spend about 8 hours at the beautician).   This environment is where much cultural learning happens as the older women pass on the traditions and lessons on to the younger ones.  

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Because their hair is in very tight curls and to just put braids and beads in the natural hair takes 3 hours.    Also, it is expensive to keep straightening the hair to get this kind of style

not to mention the damage done.    So it is easier and more cost effective to have short hair and either braid in a weave or wear a wig.   

Lastly, years of handed down knowledge is only now being broken/corrected.  Our daughter's hair is the kind of hair that most other black women would kill for (very thick, very healthy but takes three hours to braid and put in beads) because we were taught by qualified beauticians and could afford to use olive oil, premium hair conditioner,  and relaxers and did not have to resort to more "economical" substitutes that ultimately damage the hair to the point that it all has to come off.

Finally, there is a strong cultural "reward" by going to the salon to get your hair done, because it usually takes hours (my other daughter would spend about 8 hours at the beautician).   This environment is where much cultural learning happens as the older women pass on the traditions and lessons on to the younger ones.  

> Thank you very much. Now I know. We have very small percentage of black people that lives in our country and seeing them is also rare occasion so i couldn't ask anyone about it but it made me wonder. :)

4 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Also uterine cancer.