What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Well, these new 'interpretations' of the rules are already a one-sided cluster fuck.  32 genders, climate change is man-made, COVID lockdowns are good, etc.  You can post in favor all of that but you can't criticize it because you might offend someone.

EDIT: Instead of only banning the criticism, ban it all; including the promotion of it.  The members who promote masks and lockdowns can't post about it, and the members who hate masks and lockdowns can't bash it.  Do that for every topic.

The way I see it- and of course this is my humble opinion- is that if LL changes it's policy to allow political topics/discussions, it will become more or less an echo chamber for one group or another. And then it will become a target for cancel culture to fuck with and alienate some of it's user base that has no interest in politics no matter the state of the world around them. In other words, LL tries to maintain it's neutrality for gamers to get some relief from the infighting and bickering going on everywhere else.

If you've got people that bitch about "boob" armor in a show, one can only imagine what they might think about a site that freely allows (and celebrates) some of the most unapologetic, blatantly sexist mods for our games. We love it, though. So why don't we respect Ashal's wishes and keep things on the down-low by keeping politics outta the picture? I can live with that.

Besides, if you and I and a few others can get them to change policy one way to suit us, what's to stop another group wanting other changes we don't like in the future- like getting certain mods removed due to offensive content? See where this could lead?

Greg made a mistake and I think he already admitted as much.

11 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

And it fails miserably. :classic_tongue:

Kinda hard to welcome deviants from around the globe without supporting their ideas. You know that's what this site is about at it's core and it's worth preserving. But, right now may not be the best time to go announcing it to the ban-happy world. It's our little playground and we should keep it that way. I remember arguing with GrimReaper about that and he was right.

Lack of permanent blood option in video games. Not only it looks like shit in most games but it also disappears almost instantly. Just let me have an option, holy fuck I know that it can lower my fps. LOTS OF SHIT ON SCREEN = SAD COMPUTER, yes, I fucking know that.

Disappearing blood/guts/gore/limbs in video games. Stop. Put it somewhere in the options and let me choose between "permanent" and "PUSSY MODE".

1 hour ago, NickNozownik said:

Lack of permanent blood option in video games. Not only it looks like shit in most games but it also disappears almost instantly. Just let me have an option, holy fuck I know that it can lower my fps. LOTS OF SHIT ON SCREEN = SAD COMPUTER, yes, I fucking know that.

Disappearing blood/guts/gore/limbs in video games. Stop. Put it somewhere in the options and let me choose between "permanent" and "PUSSY MODE".

That is asking for a bit much while the PlayStation brand platform is not yet completely overtaken by other platforms.

Just having blood trails left by the main villain's rampage was too much for Final Fantasy 7 Remake so there is little chance of any game released on that platform giving the player an option to paint the town red with the blood of their enemies or permanently redecorating by using their guts as room trimmings. Maybe some PC only title already manages to do so (without having to mod the option in) and I have just missed it thus far?

9 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well, these new 'interpretations' of the rules are already a one-sided cluster fuck.  32 genders, climate change is man-made, COVID lockdowns are good, etc.  You can post in favor all of that but you can't criticize it because you might offend someone.

EDIT: Instead of only banning the criticism, ban it all; including the promotion of it.  The members who promote masks and lockdowns can't post about it, and the members who hate masks and lockdowns can't bash it.  Do that for every topic.

If someone post a comment or creates a thread about 32 genders and discusses it.. then you NEED OPPOSING COMMENTS.  Otherwise, it isn't a discussion.  Plain and simple.

Turning 30yo+. It's like, all the people you knew start being douchey & sad "grown ups", and fun is apparently forbidden. Like they all rerolled and ditched the child at heart perk.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:53 PM, Canaris said:

Oh you poor naive fool. This culture war of ours takes no prisoners and has absolutely zero room for neutrality.
And we all know what the "No Politics rule" mean in reality and how one sided it always is.

But as you said - you do you.

You might as well piss in the ocean and think you made a meaningful contribution. Nobody is going to say 'Oh, user Canaris made a post bashing SJWs on LL and got 5 (!!!) likes, time to rethink our ways.' The poison of social media is placating the mind because you feel like you did something when in reality you did not. It's the new (c)opium for the masses. It's the same with bigger social media sites like twitter, youtube, facebook, twitch. It doesn't matter but you're tricked into thinking it does - in reality you're just sitting in front of a screen, not doing anything relevant.

My browser and the fact that the "reload previous session" box is DIRECTLY under the "close current window" box.  Know what happens when you close current session?  Your single window session becomes the next session's previous session, so you lose ALL your previously opened tabs.  Yay.

I really like this particular browser except for that simple little detail.

7 minutes ago, AKM said:

My browser and the fact that the "reload previous session" box is DIRECTLY under the "close current window" box.  Know what happens when you close current session?  Your single window session becomes the next session's previous session, so you lose ALL your previously opened tabs.  Yay.

I really like this particular browser except for that simple little detail.

Not gonna lie I'm jealous someone can use the previous session functionality at all, when I close my browser those tabs register as lost forever in my mind.

2 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Not gonna lie I'm jealous someone can use the previous session functionality at all, when I close my browser those tabs register as lost forever in my mind.

I think most browsers will remember history, including the tabs that are open if it crashes out.   However, if  you are more security minded, you will have it so that your browser does not remember anything.  In other words, I prefer my browser forgets all the stuff I look for.