What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Ah yes, the conspiratorial plot by the government to make facial recognition harder - oh wait, no it's to... make breathing slightly more difficult or something, right?

It may not be a federal law but it's one's own prerogative to disallow themselves access to goods and services because they can't deal with a thin sheet of fabric on their face.

16 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Ah yes, the conspiratorial plot by the government to make facial recognition harder - oh wait, no it's to... make breathing slightly more difficult or something, right?

Conspiracy......I would not go that far.  But it sure didn't hurt rioters now did it?

17 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

It may not be a federal law but it's one's own prerogative to disallow themselves access to goods and services because they can't deal with a thin sheet of fabric on their face.

It isn't state law either.   

The point isn't about the mask itself, it is the principal of the thing.  We are 200+ days over the 15 days to slow the spread.  I'm fine with short term orders for emergencies, but not fine with them going over a short term.  If it is going to be a permeant or long term thing, it should be taken up by legislatures/parliaments.  That is why they exist after all.  If you can't see the reason why this is concerning then perhaps go back and read about pre WW2 Germany.  It should fill in the blanks.

"Most seat belt laws in the United States are left to the states and territories. However, the first seat belt law was a federal law, Title 49 of the United States Code, Chapter 301, Motor Safety Standard, which took effect on January 1, 1968, that required all vehicles (except buses) to be fitted with seat belts in all designated seating positions.[1] This law has since been modified to require three-point seat belts in outboard-seating positions, and finally three-point seat belts in all seating positions.[2] Initially, seat belt use was voluntary. New York was the first state to pass a law which required vehicle occupants to wear seat belts, a law that came into effect on December 1, 1984. New Hampshire is the only state that has no enforceable laws for the wearing of seat belts in a vehicle.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_belt_laws_in_the_United_States

"“No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service” was a response by businesses in the 1960s and 1970s to keep long-haired hippies out of stores and restaurants. There are no federal or state laws to this effect. However, there are laws that allow businesses to make their own regulations. This phrase has become an accepted norm."

https://the-journal.com/articles/176185#:~:text=“No Shirt%2C No Shoes%2C,has become an accepted norm.

A push for "norms", I'm okay with. To suggest a FEDERAL law requiring it, that goes above and beyond "norms". 

6 minutes ago, gregathit said:

It isn't state law either.   

Not law but executive order, quicker to deploy in a pandemic.

'15 days' was an initiative by the federal government, as far as I can tell it wasn't a scientifically determined period. At this point, even partially effective methods are useful.

15 minutes ago, gregathit said:

pre WW2 Germany

Correct me if I'm missing something but anything the Nazis would have done would be in the spirit of increasing conformity to their beliefs - that is, there was a set of philosophical ideas behind what they were enforcing. Mask orders are given so that fewer particles from infected individuals make it into public spaces, the only thing they make one display about their beliefs is that they're willing to try and slow a virus with a ~2-3% fatality rate. 

2 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Not law but executive order, quicker to deploy in a pandemic.

No argument.  At the beginning of this it made perfect sense to do.  Except gov officials said "don't" wear masks.  Orders to wear them came much later.

4 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

'15 days' was an initiative by the federal government, as far as I can tell it wasn't a scientifically determined period. At this point, even partially effective methods are useful.

It was as scientific as everything else folks have done.  They feared that the coof would be very deadly and took the action that they thought would help the most.  Just turned out that it is only deadly to folks over 70 and those that have comorbidities.  To everyone else it has a 99.98% survival rate (better that this if you are under 30).  That isn't my opinion, it comes directly from the CDC.  To continue this stuff should be up to the legislatures.  They are the ones that pass laws.  There is no excuse for orders to continue to pour out.  

8 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Correct me if I'm missing something but anything the Nazis would have done would be in the spirit of increasing conformity to their beliefs - that is, there was a set of philosophical ideas behind what they were enforcing. Mask orders are given so that fewer particles from infected individuals make it into public spaces, the only thing they make one display about their beliefs is that they're willing to try and slow a virus with a ~2-3% fatality rate. 

And conformity to beliefs doesn't describe nonsensical requirements for something that is less deadly than influenza.  Riots are ok, but you can't have family over for Thanksgiving?  This is so absurd that folks are going to rebel.  As for the fatality rate, look at the age breakdown, it tells the true story.

Masks are nonsense.  Even if they did serve some purpose, folks do not know how to use them properly.  In a recent 10 minute speech a person touched their mask 60 times with their hands.  Folks strap on a mask, which rarely fits properly and they touch it so frequently that it is horribly contaminated.  Asking kids to wear a mask, is just hilarious.  You are talking about individuals that eat dirt and bugs......do you honestly think they are properly following mask guidelines?  Are folks wearing their disposable masks over and over and over........?  Yep.  I've seen this and so have you.  Folks aren't washing their cotton masks and the guideline violations go on and on.  This is all absurd.  It is a living and breathing meme.  I will only wear one when I absolutely forced to and only for as long as I am absolutely required.  

29 minutes ago, gregathit said:

I will only wear one when I absolutely forced to and only for as long as I am absolutely required.

I mean I think mostly everyone is doing that - only wearing masks when in close proximity to others, specifically in public. I don't know what the orders state about family/friend gatherings but I think enforcing masks in those would be impractical - if people are getting fined for Thanksgiving that could be problematic, but to my knowledge the focus has been on 100+ person gatherings and stuff.

It's definitely a crude solution; I just don't see how it stands to significantly advantage or disadvantage anyone - there's not really a possible motive behind it other than it being a poorly coordinated attempt to slow the virus, that isn't all too out of line with other historical mandates. So when it's treated like a threat to freedom, it makes me skeptical of whether the discourse is being guided in a useful direction.

13 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

So when it's treated like a threat to freedom, it makes me skeptical of whether the discourse is being guided in a useful direction.

Again, my point is that we are now 8+ months in on this thing.  That sets a very dangerous precedent.  Precedents tend to be normal behavior.  It is a slippery slope and those should always concern us. 

46 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Again, my point is that we are now 8+ months in on this thing.  That sets a very dangerous precedent.  Precedents tend to be normal behavior.  It is a slippery slope and those should always concern us. 

Social engineering is a thing.  People throw out 'That's a conspiracy theory' when something questions their world view, but even the use of the term 'conspiracy theory' is the result of CIA PSYOP social engineering.  Basically it's a chickenshit tactic people use to dismiss legitimate observations.  It's the same thing as calling anyone they don't agree with a Nazi; it says more about who they are then the person they're attacking...but they convince themselves they're right because they've been engineered to think that way.

There's a reason why Orwell, Bradbury and Joel Chandler Harris aren't required reading in American schools, but they used to be.  The books' themes haven't changed but reading them might be the spark that makes people question what they're being spoon-fed.  Just look at the reaction of some people in this thread when they're faced with people who aren't buying into the bullshit.  They don't like it.  I hope to die of old age before people like that run this country.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

There's a reason why Orwell, Bradbury and Joel Chandler Harris aren't required reading in American schools, but they used to be.  The books' themes haven't changed but reading them might be the spark that makes people question what they're being spoon-fed.  Just look at the reaction of some people in this thread when they're faced with people who aren't buying into the bullshit.  They don't like it.  I hope to die of old age before people like that run this country.

Interesting you say that. Fictional stories should be taken with a grain of salt. One would find more accurate knowledge in studying actual dystopias some of which may have been the inspiration for such books. Such books are still out there by the way so check them out if you have the time. When it comes to real dystopias Nazi Germany and modern North Korea spring to mind.

You are totally right about the reactions of people in this thread by the way and this is why I love visiting this thread. The piss here is legendary. It really lives up to its name.

Also please don't die. That would be bad.

32 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Interesting you say that. Fictional stories should be taken with a grain of salt. One would find more accurate knowledge in studying actual dystopias some of which may have been the inspiration for such books. Such books are still out there by the way so check them out if you have the time. When it comes to real dystopias Nazi Germany and modern North Korea spring to mind.

People often don't like reading real history or just non-fiction in general. While it's crucial that people learn real things, the addition of dystopian fiction will make the "vision" more clear because unlike real history, a fictional story has a narrative direction. So all the nitty gritty, nuances of ideas and how they affect things across the board now have the understandability and direct connection to the reader, this doesn't exist while reading historical events because people treat them like "welp, it happened and i gotta remember this for the test, whatever".

I think the establishments, or the "deep state" understands this very well. That's why they indirectly blacklist ideas or sources of ideas that might make people question things around them they previously didn't see or care for due to not seeing the connections and dots. A truly educated population is the bane of corrupt systems.

1 hour ago, Mr.Otaku said:

People often don't like reading real history or just non-fiction in general. While it's crucial that people learn real things, the addition of dystopian fiction will make the "vision" more clear because unlike real history, a fictional story has a narrative direction. So all the nitty gritty, nuances of ideas and how they affect things across the board now have the understandability and direct connection to the reader, this doesn't exist while reading historical events because people treat them like "welp, it happened and i gotta remember this for the test, whatever".

I think the establishments, or the "deep state" understands this very well. That's why they indirectly blacklist ideas or sources of ideas that might make people question things around them they previously didn't see or care for due to not seeing the connections and dots. A truly educated population is the bane of corrupt systems.

I get where you are coming from. A fun story is much more appealing than a boring old textbook. One can easily get a feeling of dread out of these books but little more than that. I guess you could get an Idea of what to avoid after reading several dystopian novels. Dystopian novels are very broad in subject matter where just about anything can go too far if you think about it. Two examples are the concept of controlling all water in The Water Thief or removing all books in Fahrenheit 451. Both take a simple subject such as book burning and taking it to its logical extreme.

But again feelings are not facts. Facts can be made fro- you know what I'm not going to go over that again. Just go with it. Feelings are not facts and fiction is fiction.

Speaking of removing books places that ban books are disgusting. Unless that book is the Necronomicon or a death note. If you find them tell me and I will "dispose" of them immediately. I digress. I figure the best first option is to ask your local school district why they removed it from their lesson plan as they may or may not have an honest reason for doing so. You could test this out yourself simply by reading it. You may find that lesson plans change over time. So sad :cry:.

44 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

I get where you are coming from. A fun story is much more appealing than a boring old textbook. One can easily get a feeling of dread out of these books but little more than that. I guess you could get an Idea of what to avoid after reading several dystopian novels. Dystopian novels are very broad in subject matter where just about anything can go too far if you think about it. Two examples are the concept of controlling all water in The Water Thief or removing all books in Fahrenheit 451. Both take a simple subject such as book burning and taking it to its logical extreme.

But again feelings are not facts. Facts can be made fro- you know what I'm not going to go over that again. Just go with it. Feelings are not facts and fiction is fiction.

Speaking of removing books places that ban books are disgusting. Unless that book is the Necronomicon or a death note. If you find them tell me and I will "dispose" of them immediately. I digress. I figure the best first option is to ask your local school district why they removed it from their lesson plan as they may or may not have an honest reason for doing so. You could test this out yourself simply by reading it. You may find that lesson plans change over time. So sad :cry:.

Well, yeah. This is why i said that both non-fiction real history/facts and reflective fiction are necessary. The real facts for knowing, well, real facts and the fiction to help see the cracks through a sort of "simulation" or simply narrative. Propaganda, censorship, oppression, treasons, torture and tyranny are all real things that can be found throughout history time and time again, but when you follow a protagonist's journey through these things you really get a simulation experience of these concepts on a much more personal level that, for example reading WW2 stories wouldn't have.

Get the facts, see them through a fictional simulation, go back to the facts and you'll see the conceptual process of those real facts. The mind needs imagination as much as reality, as it's imagination that can help clear your vision to an even bigger reality, previously unseen. Keep in mind that the quality of a fiction also has to be taken into account. If the writer doesn't know what he's doing he could be sending incorrect or confusing signals. It's a bit of a slippery slope but then again, anything that urges people to exercise critical thinking would do just fine.

Oh how surprised i am that certain people on this forum love getting government dick in their ass and will always ask for more.
Imagine propping yourself with Legal Eagle, corrupt lawyer retard who defended Cpt Marvel in her deleted scene with The Don and said that touching map someone was reading is battery/assault that justifies almost deadly force and theft of the property. 

On 11/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, Kendo 2 said:

And so it begins...

Fauci says U.S. has ‘independent spirit,’ but now is the time to ‘do what you’re told’

3rd paragraph...

“I was talking with my U.K. colleagues who are saying the U.K. is similar to where we are now, because each of our countries have that independent spirit,” he said on stage. “I can understand that, but now is the time to do what you’re told.

My response?  FUCK.YOU.

Afuckingmen.

Big hearthy fuck you to every fascist/authoritarian who tries to force his will on People. Get fucked.

"You ready to go?"

Go where, to do what?

"X, that I've been thinking about for the past Y days."

No, because you didn't, I dunno, TELL me you wanted to go do X, Y days ago.  Just because YOU'VE been thinking it doesn't mean you've let ME in on your little plan.  I'm not telepathic!

The worst part:  This is a close relative, and I can see the exact same mental processes in myself, even though I hate it when they're done to me.  Sometimes I simply can't differentiate between: 'I have thought' and 'I have said'.