What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

use Dr. Google he will fix this - doctor evils | Meme Generator

So my patients tell me. Every day.

I tend to agree with doctors... but even in the medical profession there are contrary opinions regarding Covid. Not to mention that the medias savior, Fauci has been wrong so damn much about it. The problem I see is that medicine is a constant game of catch-up, and people suffer whilst trial and error occurs.

At the very least, shutting down local businesses hurts middle America while bolstering shops like Walmart, and it's the people who have "essential" jobs whom push the narrative that we must all do our part... truly speaking from a position of "privilege"

Shut down the economy, social isolation, depression and suicide rates... when people mix anger, fear, uncertainty, and politics in a blender... well maybe nobody should drink that cocktail.

5 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Whether it should be left alone is not the point i'm trying to make, one way or another i'm fine with it. I'm just saying that there doesn't seem to be a common ground even among moderators regarding the ruling, let alone users. This is also something i previously talked about lol.

In other words, this "issue" needs more clarity from all aspects of the site.

I say post away... do your part and try to avoid what you might think is political and let the moderators and/or admin address it as needed. If something is deleted without public comment or PM.. take it up with the moderators and ask why so that you can learn. This is the way they want to run the site. So let them run it that way. Don't worry too much except for those items YOU are sure are political. I say you as some might have differing opinion etc.

Also you can follow the flow of the moderators like @gregathit which has had his fill of Covid post (which previously I believe we were told not to engage in) 

2 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

I tend to agree with doctors... but even in the medical profession there are contrary opinions regarding Covid. Not to mention that the medias savior, Fauci has been wrong so damn much about it. The problem I see is that medicine is a constant game of catch-up, and people suffer whilst trial and error occurs.

At the very least, shutting down local businesses hurts middle America while bolstering shops like Walmart, and it's the people who have "essential" jobs whom push the narrative that we must all do our part... truly speaking from a position of "privilege"

Shut down the economy, social isolation, depression and suicide rates... when people mix anger, fear, uncertainty, and politics in a blender... well maybe nobody should drink that cocktail.

I am one of those "essentials" and I call bullshit on that.   Privilege.. when those on unemployment was making 600 dollars more than their benefits due to this covid issue (early on) When early on, there was little doctors could do but help you pray you'd survive if you had a bad case of it.  Privilege... you can have that privilege. I'd rather sit at home and make more th an I'd make working thank you. ;) And stay safer to boot!

I also call bullshit on the current shutdown we are having where I live.  They seem to not know what else to do.  I don't believe we need this and that most if not all of the people currently sick have been for awhile and many likely have some form of immunity to it now. I believe they'd do better focusing on those that have risk and need assistance money or otherwise (like shopping and delivery etc) so that they can avoid all contact with the outside during this upswing. Let those that have less risk do there thing.  Restaurants around me are closing down in great quantity ...  Loads of mom/pop businesses are shutting down as well .. entire areas of shops are gone. the government doesn't care as big money will come in and "revitalize" the area and bet your bottom dollar they will be praised for it. It wouldn't surprise me if those planing all this also have the plan to wipe out many of the low income businesses so that more high tax/revenue businesses can come in to boost the city's bottom line.

36 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I am one of those "essentials" and I call bullshit on that.   Privilege.. when those on unemployment was making 600 dollars more than their benefits due to this covid issue (early on) When early on, there was little doctors could do but help you pray you'd survive if you had a bad case of it.  Privilege... you can have that privilege. I'd rather sit at home and make more th an I'd make working thank you. ;) And stay safer to boot!

And I'm sure the people who own local shops would rather go to work than be trapped watching their lives work being eroded before there eyes; but yes, I've heard there's been a spike of employees whom would rather cash an unemployment check than actually work... fuck them. Let them collect unemployment, and hire someone with more drive.

Not attacking medical workers btw, I can completely sympathize with the stress of such a job.

36 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I also call bullshit on the current shutdown we are having where I live.  They seem to not know what else to do.  I don't believe we need this and that most if not all of the people currently sick have been for awhile and many likely have some form of immunity to it now. I believe they'd do better focusing on those that have risk and need assistance money or otherwise (like shopping and delivery etc) so that they can avoid all contact with the outside during this upswing. Let those that have less risk do there thing.  Restaurants around me are closing down in great quantity ...  Loads of mom/pop businesses are shutting down as well .. entire areas of shops are gone. the government doesn't care as big money will come in and "revitalize" the area and bet your bottom dollar they will be praised for it. It wouldn't surprise me if those planing all this also have the plan to wipe out many of the low income businesses so that more high tax/revenue businesses can come in to boost the city's bottom line.

Agreed, and seeing as how I've seen firsthand the effects that outsourcing manufacturing did to middle America... I'd rather this virus didn't cause more damage.

6 hours ago, AKM said:

This one is dead wrong.

Missed the point.. a society that happily walks to their own doom is easier than one that fights every inch of the way. 

Accept your fate! "Do what you are told!" - Dr. Fauci 

15 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Meanwhile in Asia.

But sure, physicians don't know what they are doing when deciding the cause of death was Covid 19. Of course you guys know better.

I would laugh if it wasn't so sad.

Stats are for America and courtesy of Nicholas Christakis, whom does not have a dog in the fight, and neither do I. You should know by now I don't give the slightest fuck about politics. I voted for Sanders because of policy not because an arbitrary color makes my dick hard.

When people decide to troll you with smart-ass replies, despite not having done anything to them or insulting anyone in particular. It's the kind of people who lurks in the shadows waiting for a comment that doesn't follow the norm, and then they think they have a right to make fun of that person.

12 minutes ago, Canaris said:

Posting certain info on Twatter is now insta bannable offence..
And it doesnt even break any rules, isnt nsfw - its just an info.

Fucking clown world i swear to god.

Why do you think I actually volunteered for the one way trip to Mars, if and when it takes place.  I want off this fucking rock and the brain fucked masses who seem to worship Twatter like a Leper Messiah.

8 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Why do you think I actually volunteered for the one way trip to Mars, if and when it takes place.  I want off this fucking rock and the brain fucked masses who seem to worship Twatter like a Leper Messiah.

What makes you think those same people aren't the ones that'll go into space as soon as the hard work is done?

18 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

What makes you think those same people aren't the ones that'll go into space as soon as the hard work is done?

Jump off point if it eventually leads to an FTL/hyperspace system.  Not only getting off this planet but going deep space.  Dying out there would be an upgrade compared to this shit.  Also considering that they're mostly a bunch of lazy fucks; I wouldn't doubt it. ?

16 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Damn. Like, if I tell you about facebook are you gonna leave the Milky way or something ?

11 minutes ago, CyanBunnye said:

Damn. Like, if I tell you about facebook are you gonna leave the Milky way or something ?

Hey if i had access to a piece of technology that allowed me to travel from galaxy to galaxy in ultra high speed i wouldn't need any other reason to leave. That'd be an experience worth more than anything you can get on earth. lol

1 minute ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Hey if i had access to a piece of technology that allowed me to travel from galaxy to galaxy in ultra high speed i wouldn't need any other reason to leave. That'd be an experience worth more than anything you can get on earth. lol

Dude, stop it with this crushing dream, we're not even getting flying cars this century

6 minutes ago, CyanBunnye said:

Dude, stop it with this crushing dream, we're not even getting flying cars this century

Lol yeah i get what you mean. Though i doubt we'll ever get flying cars even if we develop the proper means for it because if you think about it, flying cars will be quite the hazard. As for intergalactic travels, until we figure out how to generate and sustain enough power to warp space we're stuck in this solar system. Kind of a bummer knowing this and then watching sci-fi with all kinds of crazy tech stuff.

1 hour ago, legendarytoyou said:

Well they dont. 
Parler with little advertisment managed to get like 10mil followers in 24h.

Most people use twatter because they think there is no alternative.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Lol yeah i get what you mean. Though i doubt we'll ever get flying cars even if we develop the proper means for it because if you think about it, flying cars will be quite the hazard. As for intergalactic travels, until we figure out how to generate and sustain enough power to warp space we're stuck in this solar system. Kind of a bummer knowing this and then watching sci-fi with all kinds of crazy tech stuff.

Yea. Guess that's what sci-fi is for... Damn you 21 century. It's either barely starting to explore the oceans or fiction. What a nerd age

7 minutes ago, CyanBunnye said:

Yea. Guess that's what sci-fi is for... Damn you 21 century. It's either barely starting to explore the oceans or fiction. What a nerd age

If you think about it, nerds are the ones who make things more interesting in the long run. They're the ones who came up with all the smart shit we use today. Of course not all nerds, certainly not the "ackchyually" types, they just ruin everything. lol

1 hour ago, CyanBunnye said:

?Well that's partially the idea but also another problem; incredible amounts of curiosity.  As Jodie Foster said in the movie Contact, "if it is just us, it seems like an awful waste of space."  There HAS to be someone or something out there, and the Fermi Paradox all but confirms it.  It really wouldn't make any sense to create an entire universe with only 1 blue dot with life on it.

13 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

I tend to agree with doctors

I don't mean to be offensive but, being of a certain age, this sounds a lot like, "some of my best friends are black." That is, a way to excuse an opinion you know to be unfair.

Or, as one of my friends characterizes some political discourse, "we hold these truths to be self-evident, until they become inconvenient."

Either the training and experience mean something or they don't. You certainly have the right to make your own decision on that. I have patients all the time who ignore my advice. Why they wasted their time and money seeing me at all is beyond my comprehension.

Finally, while there are physicians who hold differing views on COVID, every prominent epidemiologist in the world seems to be in agreement about about the proper approach. I don't have their particular training and experience and I don't feel qualified to argue with them because I'm humble enough to know that I don't know everything.

P.S. I am no fan of Dr. Fauci either. I was unimpressed with him when he made regular guest appearances on the Diane Rehm show (which was on NPR and persists, as I understand it, as a podcast). It is time for him (like many politicians of a similar age) to take his retirement paid with my tax money and enjoy playing golf (or whatever hobby he may have).

This isn't cool at all. :classic_angry: If parents don't want to get their rug rats vaccinated for things like hepatitis b, chickenpox, etc. that's fine; if your kids survive then homeschool them.  But the government stating you MUST expose your brats to a disease (the vaccine) that's only spread through sex or iv drug use (hepatitis b) then FUCK THEM.  Clarification: I hate children almost as much as I hate authoritarian bullshit.

37 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

the government stating you MUST expose your brats to a disease (the vaccine) that's only spread through sex or iv drug use

Finally! Something with which I can agree with Kendo (although it is technically possible to get HepB from the fecal-oral route like HepA it almost never happens that way). I am a big supporter of childhood vaccines for childhood illnesses. The important thing in that statement is childhood illnesses. The Big Government crowd is trying to get children immunized against other illnesses because they know that many of these children will eventually wind up on the government dole. That being the case, it is less expensive for the government to pay for the vaccinations in children than the illnesses and their sequelae in adults. However, those children should be allowed the right, as adults, to choose which of these many vaccines they want or don't want. And the fact that the government blackmails the working poor into having their children be vaccinated (by which I mean they are not allowed to attend public school without them and their parents can't work without the schools as babysitters - see current events for similar complaints about closing schools) just makes it that much worse!

12 hours ago, Psalam said:

I don't mean to be offensive but, being of a certain age, this sounds a lot like, "some of my best friends are black." That is, a way to excuse an opinion you know to be unfair.

Or, as one of my friends characterizes some political discourse, "we hold these truths to be self-evident, until they become inconvenient."

Either the training and experience mean something or they don't. You certainly have the right to make your own decision on that. I have patients all the time who ignore my advice. Why they wasted their time and money seeing me at all is beyond my comprehension.

Finally, while there are physicians who hold differing views on COVID, every prominent epidemiologist in the world seems to be in agreement about about the proper approach. I don't have their particular training and experience and I don't feel qualified to argue with them because I'm humble enough to know that I don't know everything.

P.S. I am no fan of Dr. Fauci either. I was unimpressed with him when he made regular guest appearances on the Diane Rehm show (which was on NPR and persists, as I understand it, as a podcast). It is time for him (like many politicians of a similar age) to take his retirement paid with my tax money and enjoy playing golf (or whatever hobby he may have).

That doesn't sound offensive... that sounds dumb as fuck. ? Let's dissect the idiom "I'm not a racist, some of my best friends are black." the phrase carries the implication that I in fact hold racist beliefs and am tokenizing black friends (real or not) to counter said implication.

"I tend to agree with doctors... but even in the medical profession there are contrary opinions regarding Covid." Using the same analogy, are you implying that I in fact do not trust doctors, and am using a convenient 'lie' to get around admitting so?  When I sliced my cornea a few months ago, I went into the hospital, and I put my care in there hands. I had no reason to believe the medical professionals were inept at there jobs, or that I was going to be worse off from the visit. The difference is, with what happened to me, there is already a set practice in place, but with a virus that was not fully known, scientific studies needed to be done. I'm sure the Covid practice today is far better than putting people in assisted living homes on high power respirators that cause damage to there lungs... but that was the practice in NY, MI, etc.

I agree with being humble enough to admit not knowing everything, that's why "I tend to agree with doctors" unless that's 2020 racism. ?

Recently broke off a relationship that wasn't working out for the past few months, and well... this exists (silicone toys that look like skyrim mods). The likely hood of meeting someone new while we're about to get hit with COVID wave 2 is pretty low, and I'm already pretty morally compromised if I'm being real with myself. Just needed to vent this I guess.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:24 AM, Psalam said:

Listening to Diane Rehm was hard, not because of the subject matter but because her voice was so shaky it was like a 90 yr old interviewing Motley Crue.   Those aren't new Pod casts are they because I thought she passed away or got fired like Jian Gilmesh (sp) for something in her past.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

Listening to Diane Rehm was hard, not because of the subject matter but because her voice was so shaky it was like a 90 yr old interviewing Motley Crue.   Those aren't new Pod casts are they because I thought she passed away or got fired like Jian Gilmesh (sp) for something in her past.

Yeah, it was rough when her voice gave out. She was the most balanced source of liberal leaning news I could find, however.

My daughter says that her podcasting is current. Here is the link that Dr. Google came up with for it:

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381443514/diane-rehm-on-my-mind

As I've said, I've given up entirely on news.