What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Found an old scratch ticket. I got a winning ticket that stated the icons I got were valued at the second highest prize tier. Called it in to verify if it was a winning ticket. They told me they would send someone over to verify the ticket. Immediately I raised an eyebrow of suspicion since all tickets have serial numbers and can be scanned to be told if it is a winner or not and the value of said prize if a winner. Turns out the gentleman came over to do a sales pitch on water filtration system. Wanted me to spend money to test out the purity of the city water in my home only to get a savings card valued between $1.75 - $500.00.

The conversation went south from there. I'll let you use your imagination how it turned out. All in all a huge waste of me and my family's time during a pandemic and economic crisis. People wonder why I am a cynic.

16 hours ago, Darkpig said:

No I really suggest you let the lawyer talk or... request a new lawyer? I don't know when or where you can change lawyers so there is that. Point is judges hate when you act as your own lawyer even if you are in fact a lawyer. It just messes with the court room.

I am fairly sure that you can request a change of lawyer whenever there is clear proof that the lawyer isn't acting in your best interest. The judge can see what is being done and knows the process so if the Lawyer is off or not up to par... the Judge can see that and would normally act. Even if it wasn't due to your charming personality it would be so that someone wouldn't be able to claim they weren't properly represented.

2 hours ago, Molevalence said:

I got a winning ticket that stated the icons I got were valued at the second highest prize tier. Called it in to verify if it was a winning ticket. They told me they would send someone over to verify the ticket

So it was a fake 'lotto' ticket used to promote something with a 'possibility' of a savings on the product? No wonder someone tossed it - as it was probably given to them to entice a sale, and they were polite and waited till clear of the conversation to dispose of it.

>When they answered the call, how did they identify themselves?

On the subject of lawyers, more specifically talking to the police, take that whole "Anything you say can, and will, be used against you." stuff seriously.  I've heard of cases where even though the defendant never said a word, they were there with their lawyer at the police questioning, and due to physical things like sweating or eye movement, the police made a case and charged the individual with something or other.  Remember, the police couldn't care less about you if they tried.  They'll happily charge you with something and let you sit and rot in custody until whenever it is that YOU or someone on the outside gets around to sorting stuff out.  And lawyers are expensive, but the police don't care.  And how are you supposed to orchestrate your defense when you're locked up?  Again, the police couldn't care less.

Lesson: DO NOT EVER talk to the police.  Don't even be in their presence.  The ONLY time you should request their presence is an immediate life/health/safety factor.  "Hey, little Johnny's drowning, might want to go save him?" sorta thing.  If they want to talk to you, you're already a suspect.  Give them your lawyer's info and clam the hell up.

7 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Neighbors throwing a party and evidently having a lot of fun- and I'm not invited because I'm the wrong race. Usually doesn't bother me. But, tonight I could have used some laughs.

Some degree of segregation is unavoidable. Body types in sports is a good example of this. But if they are leaving you out just because of race then they're the ones missing out.

That sheeple want more AO games from indies, but aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is- and even fewer have a clue how hard it is for this kind of effort. Free mods have spoiled them for years now. You want more AO games? Then pick one you like and support the devs. Or support LL since that's what we're about.

You Will Pay The Price For Your Lack Of Vision! GIF by Brendan | Gfycat

Had a late breakfast, skipped lunch to gain time for a jogging trip in my break, worked overtime. Decided to be lazy, have a walk after work and instead of cooking we order pizza from a restaurant nearby.

.... all is well ....

except ....

EVERYBODY does that today and it's still 1h before  we get our food :classic_sad:

(We should have become wary, when we walked past their windows and saw how busy they were)

12 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

That sheeple want more AO games from indies, but aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is- and even fewer have a clue how hard it is for this kind of effort. Free mods have spoiled them for years now. You want more AO games? Then pick one you like and support the devs. Or support LL since that's what we're about.

I'm not feeling suicidal today, freaking damocles, grr,

But I Will say, you might get more money not calling them Sheeple.

People lump shit, together. It's the reason why I never say "I Agree" because I don't completely, 85% of the time.

What's wrong with Van Camps (I could have sworn it was van D camps) beans, Bush's Beans? WTF should I try Goya beans.

And I hate black beans anyway, pintos are better.

But I'm lumping horribly, bad cooks can murder pintos, good ones can prolly make black-bean-pie (or something).

This guy from Indiana heard New York was a cool place, went there, and "a stray bullet" killed him.

Lumping!! Plus "New York City" is huge. Bad bullet area, musta been....(See now, if they'd just said "Brooklyn" we'd have known where to lump characterize and profile, I'm missing the word I wanted).

Bullets don't stray like errant pets, and it was 2:30am.

So (I gotta go read an update, but "Stray Bullet" is rich)

I had more examples but why?Capture.JPG.3b800e59eb5b53f142dfaec6cfba4d6c.JPG

Capture.JPG.2ac736fbcbd71d32158b3c085bbc4c17.JPG

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

What's wrong with Van Camps (I could have sworn it was van D camps) beans, Bush's Beans? WTF should I try Goya beans.

And I hate black beans anyway, pintos are better.

But I'm lumping horribly, bad cooks can murder pintos, good ones can prolly make black-bean-pie (or something).

All this talk about beans made me remember I have to cook. *Yay* I do make some pretty decent pinto beans- hot too with peppers cause both eating them and farting them keep me warm at night. :classic_tongue:

Trying to learn something new.  Fucking it up.  Trying to have the mental fortitude to see it as "THAT didn't work, try something else!" rather than saying "To hell with it all".  Not having much success.  And yet I KNOW that the former is the ONLY path to long term success.  You MUST get through the failures, try different approaches, find out what works and what doesn't.  I KNOW this.  Putting it into action is another story entirely.

6 hours ago, AKM said:

Trying to learn something new.  Fucking it up.  Trying to have the mental fortitude to see it as "THAT didn't work, try something else!" rather than saying "To hell with it all".  Not having much success.  And yet I KNOW that the former is the ONLY path to long term success.  You MUST get through the failures, try different approaches, find out what works and what doesn't.  I KNOW this.  Putting it into action is another story entirely.

Boy don't you love it when shit works the first time you try it, though? :cool:

Hmm, what really pisses me off? At my age I guess I could say everything, but it all truly boils down to stupidity. Hell most of today's societal problems; racism, sexism, hate speech, gender politics and list go on without end. They are all meaningless stupidity, I don't care about what color you are or your sex or any of that other crap if you are an ass I will tell you. If some jerk wants to say some crap about [group of people] sure that is wrong and they should be ostracized for it but not fined or arrested. If you desire to get your message out to the public destroying areas and burning businesses is about the dumbest way of doing it. Hell this virus situation could be pretty much over with by now if people weren't so stupid that they could not follow a few simple rules for a couple of months. I could ramble on and turn this into a book but will quit here.

10 hours ago, wokking56 said:

I don't care about what color you are or your sex or any of that other crap

Aye! I just happened to notice there is a new Matrix movie coming out - and I saw the name Lily Wachowski. Huh? So I find out the Wachowski Brothers are now the Wachowski Sisters.....  Hmmm Okay, whatever, just make a good movie.

13 hours ago, wokking56 said:

Hmm, what really pisses me off? At my age I guess I could say everything, but it all truly boils down to stupidity. Hell most of today's societal problems; racism, sexism, hate speech, gender politics and list go on without end. They are all meaningless stupidity, I don't care about what color you are or your sex or any of that other crap if you are an ass I will tell you. If some jerk wants to say some crap about [group of people] sure that is wrong and they should be ostracized for it but not fined or arrested.

There are people out there who have their own definition of what moderation is. Sadly it is not consistent across the board.

If you desire to get your message out to the public destroying areas and burning businesses is about the dumbest way of doing it.

Fraternities are bonkers.

Hell this virus situation could be pretty much over with by now if people weren't so stupid that they could not follow a few simple rules for a couple of months.

Can't argue that.

There is a fun little term for people like that called Covidiots.

All you can really do is laugh at them because life is too short not to.

On 10/25/2020 at 10:20 AM, ʂìɳ said:

The car that was hit, both the driver and passenger were killed. I hope this idiot gets the death penalty.

All he had to do is pull over and call 911. It looks like he momentarily lost control (changed lanes) As long as he wasn't high or drunk he would have been in a much better place. Chances are he 'd not even spend a day in jail.  Worst case is his insurance premium would go up if he wasn't an asshole.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:09 PM, landess said:

Aye! I just happened to notice there is a new Matrix movie coming out - and I saw the name Lily Wachowski. Huh? So I find out the Wachowski Brothers are now the Wachowski Sisters.....  Hmmm Okay, whatever, just make a good movie.

If I recall correctly they were Brothers, then Brother, sister, now sisters... :P 

4 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Dumb fucks piss me off....aka.....Well it is that time of the year for snow....and right on queue the asshole come out of the woodwork and drive like complete shitbags. Why in the literal fuck do people think their vehicles drive that same in the snow as in warm weather.

Um... because they are dumb fucks.. you covered that already.. lol  I also hate it when someone drives like they are the center of the universe and expect everybody else to let them do what ever the fuck they want. Regardless of rules.