13 hours ago, totorbanana said:

I don't have any alternate start mod, so I guess I'll try that. I have not actually seen a dDEC trap trigger, although I haven't really gone dungeon-crawling very often.

Cool, so there is still a chance to fix your DD behavior ?

I recommend to move dDEC below zzEstrus to make sure it will work. :classic_lightbulb:

On 5/14/2020 at 5:37 PM, anacondatime said:

Hi everyone i need help with the devious devices mod , for first some items are invisible (i did the bodyslide batch build) in every race , i got a second problem when i use the nymph race the mesh are not working and some are invisible and some other seems buggy . I’ve tried so many thing hope you guys can help me solving this problem thanks

Check your "Game Data Path" at BodySlide settings, because completed work (.nif and etc) could placed in wrong folder, not in "Skyrim\Data\" where they must be.
I had same problem with invisible items, until i locate 'meshes' folder in main Skyrim directoriy.

I'm running devious devices, integration, expansion, and cursed loot so I'm not sure which would be causing this error but if anyone can post a fix/workaround it would be appreciated.

I can equip a devious item like a crotch rope and it appears visually correct but the inventory logic gets messed up. It doesn't show in the list of equipped items even though it is giving its effect and is drawn correctly. Also when equipping the item again the inventory can either (i) report there is an item already in the slot or (ii) pretend to equip/unequip in the inventory without actually making any change. Cursed loot's debug option to remove all items does not fix this.

I've had this happen numerous times. The game can appear to work well for long periods and have this hidden trap waiting for me. Cursed loot also removes and adds devices so often it is hard to keep track. If anyone could provide a fix, workaround, or clue to the cause it would be appreciated.

Is there a central resource for devious workarounds anywhere as googling shows other people have hit many of my problems previously but the old pages have been archived (or something) and are not accessible.

Edit - Updating this - I can have an item like a transparent rubber suit in my inventory. I can put it on my follower and take it off my follower. It seems fine, I try to put it on my character and I don't see any message about locking it on, it just shows as being equipped in my inventory and it visually appears on the character. However when I go back into the inventory later it shows as being unequipped, so I can't remove it, and if I try to equip it then either (a) it just shows as being equipped but nothing has changed or (b) it says there is an item already in the slot and I can't equip it. (If I sell the item then it still appears on the body and applies its effect without showing in the inventory.)

The cursed loot debug unequip does nothing to fix this. However, the devious devices debug unequip does remove the transparent rubber suit and the rubber suit is then working correctly when equipped after that. However other devices may still have this bug, meaning that I can force a work around for each item but I effectively stopped using the devices as the problem persists across my game.

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

Is there a way to check if an actor wears any regular device in dialogue conditions? (In the CK)

You can use the condition WornHasKeyword and use it to check the zad_Lockable keyword.

Hi, I have a problem with the chastity bra. It is very small and makes the breasts almost flat when worn. I have build DDs for bigger breast in bodyslide but it doesn't affect the bra. Same problem with the corset. Sometimes when moving the belly shines through.

And do you know what is wrong with Lydias breastsize? Its like bodyweight 1.5 and piercings just disappear inside them.

2 hours ago, permidion said:

I tried to uncheck the "consume keys" option, but the keys are still getting consummed.

Im using 4.3a

I didnt have this issue with 4.2

Playing with "consume keys" off is my usual way to play even during 4.3a. I haven't seen anything wrong with it.

The option mostly means the act when player uses the Unlock dialog to get a device off herself. If you mean keys are consumed when follower uses your keys then it depends on the other mod that adds that mechanic to followers.

@xyzxyz You need to batch build everything with morphs enabled. This also requires a good skeleton such as the XPMSE.

2 hours ago, justaguybye said:

Hey I'm having a bodyslide issue with DD, none of the items are showing up in the groups filter (not as DDX or anything) and so I can't batch build them and they're all invisible in-game.

> bad installation

> wrong handling of your mod manager

> Bodyslide not started via mod manager

> broken download

> missing requirements

pick your poison =D

2 hours ago, justaguybye said:

Hey I'm having a bodyslide issue with DD, none of the items are showing up in the groups filter (not as DDX or anything) and so I can't batch build them and they're all invisible in-game.

Have you tried searching in Outfit filter?

Make sure to completely clear Group Filter before you do.

Hey guys, let's have a little discussion about the current state of DDi gag mechanics, shall we?

To give a little context; recently I decided to play Skyrim again with a bunch of new DD mods (Deviously Vanilla, Sexlab Survival, etc) Only this time I didn't install DCL, which has been standard for me for years. Then I noticed - since DCL overrides DDi gag behavior - how "broken" things are.

Wearing a ballgag, I tried to interact with an npc:

"Nope, I can't make out what you're saying. Are these even real words?"
"Sorry, I have really no idea what you are trying to say. You need to get rid of your gag first."

I tried again and again and again with the same result. So I wonder: "What a heck? So now gags completely hinder quest progress?"

Then, using the Creation Kit, I inspected the dialogue conditions:

If current follower faction -> enable talk
If subject has 'zad_DialGagHard' keyword -> block dialogue unless player has 1 paper, 1 inkwell, 1 quill

Paper and ink? I didn't even know that was a thing! I'm not against it. I mean it's better than not being able to interact at all. But it makes no sense if the player is wearing any form of heavy bondage.

So it seems this "zad_DialGagHard" keyword is mostly used on ball gags. For the others we have:

If player doesn't have 'zad_DialGagRandom'  -> enable talk, otherwise 'gag talk minigame'

For those who don't know, the 'gag talk minigame' is a mod I developed myself 6 years ago and, later on, got merged with DDi: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDi/issues/12
Based on several suggestions at the time, my idea was to create a mechanic which would become increasingly easier as the player progressed - in a sense the character 'got used being gagged' - so we could have the best of both worlds; all the kinky fun at the beginning, but without becoming an annoyance in the long-term.

Thinking my mod got completely stripped away in the latest builds, I was happy to see that it's still there.. somehow. So my first question:

1) When/How does this 'zad_DialGagRandom' keyword trigger? I didn't find any more references for it anywhere.

Then, further analyzing the code, I notice the minigame is almost the same, except for the very last condition:

Enable player talk if player speechcraft < zadGagRNG(random integer)

So, unless I misinterpreted it, now not only it's mostly based on RNG luck, which contradicts my whole initial idea - but also gets even harder as player progress!!! Since speedcraft naturally increases, it becomes increasingly unlikely to be less than the random number. So my second question:

2) Was it really intended to be like this? Or am I misinterpreting it?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I much prefer DDi be in continuous development, whatever it may lead, than an abandoned project. I'm just curious;

Has anyone had a similar experience? What do you guys think about it?

4 hours ago, zenetx said:

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I much prefer DDi be in continuous development, whatever it may lead, than an abandoned project. I'm just curious;

Has anyone had a similar experience? What do you guys think about it?

I'm not a big fan of DDanythingThatHampersQuestsOrFun, but I've noticed that with updates over the years the gag_miniquest hasn't played for me in a long time.  I liked having a means of eventually being able to do things I would normally do if I wasn't gagged.  Anymore, I almost always "unequipall" after a few tries and then add back the few DD things I can tolerate.  My speechcraft increases rather quickly, so the probably mistyped less-than sign is probably why.

8 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

> bad installation

> wrong handling of your mod manager

> Bodyslide not started via mod manager

> broken download

> missing requirements

pick your poison =D

I'm using Mod Manager 2 and as far as I know I've set it up according to the numerous tutorials on youtube so I don't think its that and I start it through mod organizer. Its probably not the download or requirements because I've re-installed it and all of the Devious components several times just in case I lost something. I could still see it as me installing it wrong somehow since Bodyslide can't seem to find anything unless I manually place the Slidergroup files from Devious into the bodyslide Slidergroup folder, but every time I batch build with that it doesn't fix anything and I feel like I also might just be using it wrong. Any advise?

1 minute ago, justaguybye said:

I'm using Mod Manager 2 and as far as I know I've set it up according to the numerous tutorials on youtube so I don't think its that and I start it through mod organizer. Its probably not the download or requirements because I've re-installed it and all of the Devious components several times just in case I lost something. I could still see it as me installing it wrong somehow since Bodyslide can't seem to find anything unless I manually place the Slidergroup files from Devious into the bodyslide Slidergroup folder, but every time I batch build with that it doesn't fix anything and I feel like I also might just be using it wrong. Any advise?

did u watch a tutorial for bodyslide in mod organizer 2 specifically? 

If not, do that. 
And check twice, especailly at the beginngin. In the end you should have a new mod just containing the meshes built by Bodyslide overwriting everything else. 

16 minutes ago, justaguybye said:

I could still see it as me installing it wrong somehow since Bodyslide can't seem to find anything ...

Sounds likely. I hope you install with FOMOD and not manually extracting files? There should be a few folders made automatically for you (mod names for you may differ):

\MO\mods\DDA3.0e\CalienteTools\

\MO\mods\DDA3.0e\meshes\

\MO\mods\Devious Devices - Integration 4.3a\meshes\

\MO\mods\Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3\CalienteTools\

\MO\mods\Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3\Meshes\

... You should have all those in place at least and all the contents within them.

17 minutes ago, Nymra said:

did u watch a tutorial for bodyslide in mod organizer 2 specifically? 

If not, do that. 
And check twice, especailly at the beginngin. In the end you should have a new mod just containing the meshes built by Bodyslide overwriting everything else. 

Yes I've watched a couple tutorials for bodyslide and mod organizer 2, and I have it outputting batch builds to the overwrite folder so I can make them a new mod that will overwrite everything else

Just now, Zaflis said:

Sounds likely. I hope you install with FOMOD and not manually extracting files? There should be a few folders made automatically for you (mod names for you may differ):

\MO\mods\DDA3.0e\CalienteTools\

\MO\mods\DDA3.0e\meshes\

\MO\mods\Devious Devices - Integration 4.3a\meshes\

\MO\mods\Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3\CalienteTools\

\MO\mods\Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3\Meshes\

... You should have all those in place at least and all the contents within them.

Whats FOMOD?

1 hour ago, justaguybye said:

Here is what my bodyslide looks like ...

I tried temprarily setting work folder to empty and from Bodyslide settings also set path to something else than Data\ (which it should be), but all devices are still showing in the presets list for me. Only thing i can think of is that you still haven't installed the mods right way, the files aren't put in right places. Does your data look  anything like this?

Spoiler

data.png.0106333787035efe5d10986402699af9.png

Also you hadn't installed DD-Expansion at all, it would show up in your load order.

And i wouldn't recommend installing any games in OneDrive. You know Windows makes cloud backups of the whole thing?

43 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I tried temprarily setting work folder to empty and from Bodyslide settings also set path to something else than Data\ (which it should be), but all devices are still showing in the presets list for me. Only thing i can think of is that you still haven't installed the mods right way, the files aren't put in right places. Does your data look  anything like this?

Hide contents

data.png.0106333787035efe5d10986402699af9.png

Also you hadn't installed DD-Expansion at all, it would show up in your load order.

And i wouldn't recommend installing any games in OneDrive. You know Windows makes cloud backups of the whole thing?

I have installed DD Expansions, it just ended up down on my load order last time I re-installed it, I'll bump it up in priority but I'll attach a screenshot so you can see its definitely there so its hopefully not something I messed up. 

I disabled back-ups in onedrive, I accidentally installed some stuff there so I figured it would be fine as long as it wasn't able to upload anything.

My bodyslide does not look like that, I'll also attach what it looks like. There is only one file in my sliderset folder. Do I have to manually take the sliderset xml files from DD and place them in the bodyslide directory or am I missing something in the application that will do that automatically? 

Annotation 2020-05-24 154608.png

Annotation 2020-05-24 154825.png

1 hour ago, justaguybye said:

Do I have to manually take the sliderset xml files from DD and place them in the bodyslide directory or am I missing something in the application that will do that automatically? 

No, never manual tricks. It is all installed automatically. You took a screenshot out of context, i showed Data tab from the right side of MO2 window. It's not from Bodyslide but Skyrim's data folder that is combination of all installed mods. But in addition this is where Bodyslide is in DDA for example, if it's installed right:

Spoiler

data2.png.51dc76d6988a7503fb4121b798cc35aa.png

Consider making a discussion in SL Technical support, it's starting to be too lengthy getting nowhere. Your issue is right now not to do with just Devious Devices, you have installed ZAZ Animation pack too but it wasn't showing in your Bodyslide. There is some weird fault in the installation practises.