What's on your mind?

1 hour ago, B10HAZARD. said:

What game was it, please do tell.  ?

Terraria. Okay so a friend recommended it to me and I got lost and put it down for like a year. Turns out I was doing it wrong all along. All I had to do was ask the guide NPC for a few recipes and I was good to go. Now to build my empire

12 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Can somebody remind me how to change my signature on here? I found an image that just resonates with me.

Profile tile on the top left > Account settings > Signature in the left pane

13 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

NyankoDays.jpg.682ae28c9ac16257daaddbbf0c7b75e8.jpg

That is kawaii as fuck.

I'm a bit burned out on playing games right now. I mean I still watch a bit of gaming, but whenever I decide whether I should play anything, I just sit here.

Can't really do anything else right now, however, so I'm kinda stuck with this weird situation right now.

31 minutes ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

I like modding games, I hate installing mods. This is the prime reason that is holding me back from FO3. It just gets tiresome with the endless amount of mods. Perhaps my enthusiasm would go back up if we had a new game to mod. But whenever I install FO3, I sit there and contemplate whether I want to install mods or not and I lose interest. I won't dare uninstall Skyrim again. It'll end up the same.

Installing FO3 mods as IMHO much worse because most of its stuff has been done way before MO2 existed. Both my FO3 and FNV installations have been done manually, the latter with various edits and mixes - it'd be next to impossible to redo this mess. FO3 itself is also lacking a few lightweight mods to deal with things like weapon spread so for now I'd rather not tangle with it.

The only bad thing about installation is the weird order some stuff has to be in, because if you miss one you've successfully butchered your install on these old systems.

There's a surprising amount of moddability in other games as well. Dawn of War for example still has a small but adamant community that adds various Warhammer 40k factions to the game (except 'nids who appearantly got lost along the road), Subnautica has a good amount of QoL mods, my XCOM 2 installation is at about 370 mods right now (and I had it crash with not enough ram message when I still had 16gb ram in my system - this game is a resource hog)...

Still, not in the mood of playing any of it.

1 hour ago, Swanky said:

whenever I decide whether I should play anything, I just sit here

This is one reason I have a ton of games installed - So when I get like this (more often than I like) I decide to just 'start' something I haven't played in awhile - hours pass, mission accomplished.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:14 PM, Captain Cobra said:

Tropical storm headed straight for me.  :cool:

That happens every time I piss off a latina girlfriend... lol

On 7/25/2020 at 7:39 AM, landess said:

Life imitates art:

Hide contents

Ha, that made me laugh... Also like Shawn of the Dead IMO

On 7/26/2020 at 3:27 AM, Darkpig said:

I played a game I thought I'd hate but ended up loving. Now I *sob* have to leave a positive review.

That is the best outcome of playing a bad game! 

45 minutes ago, landess said:

This is one reason I have a ton of games installed - So when I get like this (more often than I like) I decide to just 'start' something I haven't played in awhile - hours pass, mission accomplished.

Yep, doesn't really matter what.  Often times I play the most shittiest of the collection of games I have just so that I can say I played it. YOu know those games you get with a purchase of a collection of good games that have a ton of shitty ones. Yep.. But sometimes I find like @Darkpig found out.. they might not be as shitty as I thought.

At the moment, Morality Mechanics in video games is on my mind or rather, how poorly implemented they are most of the time.

I can not really recall off-hand when they are handled with any sense of logic or consistency outside of the Ultima series (which Richard Garriot created as a child) up until the release of Ghosts of Tsushima which finally has in-world justifications for why this act is considered moral versus another being immoral as opposed to the creator superimposing their own sense of right and wrong onto a hypothetical situation/setting in which it is wholly inappropriate and could not have arisen organically in such settings (the worst offenders being the Fable and Fallout series before the moral meter was dropped altogether).

I'm wondering if the easy answer as to why it took so long to get this seemingly simple concept right is that game developers are mostly amoral degenerates who can only make educated guesses as to what morality is based upon interactions with moral actors who stand in opposition to them or extrapolate based upon reading Chick Tracts then toning them down a few notches.

Heyhey, the actual developers rarely have to do with any of this. Its the writers and directors, suits, as usual, who steer the ship down the marketable Bermuda sensationalism abyss.

As for those being amoral degenerates, well, they are in many high positions now, not just games, so that is not due to their social ineptitude, but due to woke cultism spread. Steven Weinberg: "With or without religion there would be good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for a good person to do evil, that takes religion."

...Or maybe it just infects original evil people who weren't activated just yet, but given the chance... . Who knows.

2 hours ago, s.kirmish said:

Heyhey, the actual developers rarely have to do with any of this. Its the writers and directors, suits, as usual, who steer the ship down the marketable Bermuda sensationalism abyss.

As for those being amoral degenerates, well, they are in many high positions now, not just games, so that is not due to their social ineptitude, but due to woke cultism spread. Steven Weinberg: "With or without religion there would be good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for a good person to do evil, that takes religion."

...Or maybe it just infects original evil people who weren't activated just yet, but given the chance... . Who knows.

An ideology or a notion of The Greater Good or the chance to avert a grave imminent threat is all that is necessary to convince 'good people' to perform evil acts.

10 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

An ideology or a notion of The Greater Good or the chance to avert a grave imminent threat is all that is necessary to convince 'good people' to perform evil acts.

A million years of evolution definitely overides a few thousand years of cultural awareness.

mad respect for that street paint. it looks kinda fake tho?

anyways what's on my mind is just.. my body. i come here to make a pretty character that i can escape to in videogames and do all the things i wish i could do with a pretty body, and i'm tryna make my body something that pretty irl but it's so much work and i'm just tired. beauty standards are hurting me so much but i'm clearly a slave to them so hopefully one day i live up to them

3 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

It hasn't been done... yet

"Excuse me officer, but why did you pull me over?"

"You crossed the yellow line"

?

(if you knew how many times I heard this as a non excuse to be pulled over for random checks...)

>>> The Sims 3 University Expansion introduced 'Social Groups' with Rebels having the ability to hold Protests and Rallies using a megaphone, and tag walls and the ground with street art. Because of recent events this feature isn't as fun - a little 'too close' to home. ( I guess I could get them to learn some 'inventor' skill so they can Detonate public property )

Spoiler

Welcome to CHAZ

Screenshot-190.jpg.a4df964d64d55269d62e4128afcdb77b.jpg

13 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

I guess it is time to start painting all the streets with messages. 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/508492-activists-say-california-city-removed-black-lives-matter-street

They're not gonna make the streets a public forum for all ideas... they've essentially stifled freedom of speech to appease sociopaths. The sad part is they think it'll save them when the time comes.

https://www.cato.org/publications/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share

11 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/508492-activists-say-california-city-removed-black-lives-matter-street

They're not gonna make the streets a public forum for all ideas... they've essentially stifled freedom of speech to appease sociopaths. The sad part is they think it'll save them when the time comes.

https://www.cato.org/publications/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share

Here is a piece of street art that they should really see about that:

C3owNYyUEAEeEV2.jpg.5e2ee54d1dccba54a2b19a9c8c4997b1.jpg