What's on your mind?

Now I have to wonder why, after all the expense that many stores take on to themselves to install plastic barriers and to buy masks for their employees (assuming they don't just dock it from their paychecks), do they not replace all of the lights with UV emitting light bulbs. They are not very difficult to obtain at all and do not have any compatibility issues with standard light sockets.

Wal-Mart actually sells them so one would think that they could splurge a little on store anti-viral security to use a few of them for the store interiors.

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Now I have to wonder why, after all the expense that many stores take on to themselves to install plastic barriers and to buy masks for their employees (assuming they don't just dock it from their paychecks), do they not replace all of the lights with UV emitting light bulbs. They are not very difficult to obtain at all and do not have any compatibility issues with standard light sockets.

Wal-Mart actually sells them so one would think that they could splurge a little on store anti-viral security to use a few of them for the store interiors.

In the case of the big chain stores most of its just safety theater. I not debating whether any of the measures they are taking work when applied properly. But for the most part what they are doing is slopping shit together, regardless whether they've set up it in a proper working fashion, to create the illusion the corporate overlords running those chains give a shit. And to cover their asses if someone tries to claim they get infected in one of their stores and sues.

UV Lights don't put on the same visual show the other measures you mentioned do. So why would they spend money one them when putting on a show is just as, if not more, important as taking real measures to them? Once again I'm not trying to claim the other measures don't work (not trying to start up that forum shitstorm again). Just claiming they have a visual aesthetic UV lights do not.

With each passing moment and each increasingly absurd action taken, it becomes more and more doubtful that this anti-inanimate object 'uprising' (as some of them have taken to calling it when they are not calling it a Revolution as one of them scrawled on a street sign in this video) is about Justice. It almost certainly does not seem to be about money. It truly seems that some men people of indeterminate gender just want to watch the world burn.

Then again, cervines do kill at least 120 people per year, far more than the number of unarmed people of any race killed by the various North American police forces combined so maybe there is a deeper Cosmic Justice issue at play here? 

Nobody doesn't care about sharing drawings I took it down. Because someone  disrespected me and dislike my drawing. I blocked him and took my drawing post off so nobody can't say they hated my drawings. It hurts my feelings. Dating sites are stupid too. Nobody doesn't care about movies or musics neither. Nobody cares about sharing anything in common with me at all. I'm invisible maybe I am invisible and ignore my entire life. I lost interested in sharing anything. I also wrote my poem in my drawing but nobody didn't care or didn't noticed doesn't matter anymore. It broken me and broke my heart and feelings I hope your happy now you hurt my feelings. Hopefully I will end my life because nobody not interested in sharing anything in common about movies and music and art drawing nonsense to you people I share my  damn thoughts but everybody online are rude and mean to me . I have nothing more to say but rude common to you bad rude people. I'll hold my tongue not bother not say those mean rude words I'm  not allowed to say on here. This is B.S one bad stupid word the end .....

21 minutes ago, Patricia1973 said:

Nobody doesn't care about sharing drawings I took it down. Because someone  disrespected me and dislike my drawing. I blocked him and took my drawing post off so nobody can't say they hated my drawings. It hurts my feelings. Dating sites are stupid too. Nobody doesn't care about movies or musics neither. Nobody cares about sharing anything in common with me at all. I'm invisible maybe I am invisible and ignore my entire life. I lost interested in sharing anything. I also wrote my poem in my drawing but nobody didn't care or didn't noticed doesn't matter anymore. It broken me and broke my heart and feelings I hope your happy now you hurt my feelings. Hopefully I will end my life because nobody not interested in sharing anything in common about movies and music and art drawing nonsense to you people I share my  damn thoughts but everybody online are rude and mean to me . I have nothing more to say but rude common to you bad rude people. I'll hold my tongue not bother not say those mean rude words I'm  not allowed to say on here. This is B.S one bad stupid word the end .....

Dude, that is way overboard.  You need to learn that life is not fair.  It isn't kind and YES, folks are going to be rude.  So what.  If you are getting your self worth from others, then you are in real trouble in life.  Your self worth needs to come from YOU.  Learn to take constructive criticism and ignore insults.  Words can't hurt you unless you let them.  Remember the old saying about sticks and stones?  Do whatever you want, but if you are going to be an adult, then put on your big boy pants and stop whining because someone said something you don't like.  Do what makes you happy, share things that make you happy, say things that make you happy and those that don't agree can go fuck themselves.

56 minutes ago, Patricia1973 said:

Sometimes people being shitty is cause their lives are shitty, doesnt make it right,but you should consider this when people are being shitty at you cause its the shit in their life,that they are not coping with properly, bringing this shit out of them and is not a bad reflection of you.  I could easily be that person being shitty,on any given day over last 8 years,so I offer an apology for those who were shitty at you. "I'm sorry" 

In other stuffs....... have you seen "Last moment of clarity"   I thought it was a neat movie.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929297/

11 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

50% of American High School graduates can't point to the Pacific ocean on a world map? If that's true this country is so fucked. They must think it's a trick question.

You've probably already seen the consequences of that failed education system in the form of people who think that Abraham Lincoln was the president who legalized the institution of slavery (thanks in part to Project 1619)and have no idea what Abolitionist actually means going around wrecking their statues recently so I'd say that's a bit of evidence for that claim.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:31 AM, Darkpig said:

I finally bought The Witcher series. Now all I just gotta find space on my teeny tiny hard drive. I really gotta buy a bigger one.

Prices have really dropped recently on SSDs, at least where I live.  Perhaps it is Time for a second Hard drive :D that is if you are in a desktop.

On 7/3/2020 at 7:07 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

50% of American High School graduates can't point to the Pacific ocean on a world map? If that's true this country is so fucked. They must think it's a trick question.

Lol, wasn't this the Flash during the end credit race with Superman in Justice League?

Spoiler

It seems the 'Generations' thing has caused a lot of controversy as of late. I got tired of feeling ignorant of the entire thing so I checked some information and found this graph interesting. While putting the 'facts' straight I also noticed a trend. The'years spanned' per generation are getting fewer, making me believe it has to do with population growth - at least this is the only correlation I can perceive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers#/media/File:Generation_timeline.svg

Regarding the video above: Are all these people fucking blind? If you stop the video at 0:20 and look at the top - the header reads "Penn State Liberal Arts". It pretty obvious the inclusion of 'conservative' was to clear up any self imposed concerns by those identifying as conservatives that this 'Liberal' title wasn't meant as a discriminatory roadblock to their views.

Instead everyone gets their panties in a bunch and reminds me of the McCarthy era - there's a commie under every rock and behind every bush. <SMH>

While I don't agree with any form of Anti-American indoctrination, this is truly the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill.

24 minutes ago, landess said:

Regarding the video above: Are all these people fucking blind? If you stop the video at 0:20 and look at the top - the header reads "Penn State Liberal Arts". It pretty obvious the inclusion of 'conservative' was to clear up any self imposed concerns by those identifying as conservatives that this 'Liberal' title wasn't meant as a discriminatory roadblock to their views.

Instead everyone gets their panties in a bunch and reminds me of the McCarthy era - there's a commie under every rock and behind every bush. <SMH>

While I don't agree with any form of Anti-American indoctrination, this is truly the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill.

About that...McCarthyism isn't what most people have been lead to believe. Commies really were in the places where they were looking for them (and quite a few places where they neglected to look such as Academia).

There was a Cold War on at the time and both the First and Second World were working steadily to undermine one another and all is fair in love and war.

Cancel Culture is treating people who disagree with them no differently than cultural saboteurs in the employ of hostile foreign nations(which could be one of the reason why they are trying to evoke the Red Scare for themselves to get people to associate those who dissent with Soviet spies).

I really wanna play Doom: Eternal, but I'm absolute fucking dogshit at shooters. Like, the only game I'm kinda decent at is MK11. It looks fun as fuck though, and the soundtrack is phenomenal. Seriously, this is some good shit!

It got me headbanging at midnight lol.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:57 PM, FauxFurry said:

About that...McCarthyism isn't what most people have been lead to believe. Commies really were in the places where they were looking for them (and quite a few places where they neglected to look such as Academia).

There was a Cold War on at the time and both the First and Second World were working steadily to undermine one another and all is fair in love and war.

Except....there wasn't.  During that era, Russia had a lull in the number of illegals (Russia's term for those under covert cover).   This is according to the Mitrokhin Archive (and other sources as well), with none in high positions.   I agree with the tenor of your statement, but this current SJW crusade effort is very much like McCarthyism in that it sees enemies everywhere and works to destroy them if they speak ill of their sacred cows.