What's on your mind?

On 7/14/2020 at 4:23 PM, Alkpaz said:

they need to grow a pair....
If they get all bent out of shape for that.... how are they going to handle the real issues? 

However, there wasn't a need to make special comments below each group. Having them all listed should have been good enough. Drop the Dear and comments just use the groups.  Better yet.. go on and drop the groups and just leave the statement ending with "EACH OF YOU BELONGS HERE". 

I'm wondering just how deep the rabbit hole underneath Epstein's Island goes and just how crooked the path down it is (as well as the people who have been there).

The attempted assassin of a Judge on the case of Epstein's finances ended up dead himself as one would have commonly expected of political assassins before that oddly peaceful lull in such things starting in the late Aughts started. 

https://twitter.com/i/events/1285072376460218368

On 7/20/2020 at 10:07 PM, landess said:

Life is cheap, till it has value - then it's for sale.

Sometimes YouTube is the safest way to 'see the world around us'.

Hide contents

I mean only a few places make it restricted to carry a SWORD with you into a shopping mall.  Wonder if he got arrested.  My question is toward the back; is that an M82A1 Barret 50 Cal back there I see?  Also..why the hell would you want a Colts Dragoon other than a mantle piece.  Damn handgun is not only blackpowder, it weighs like 4.5 pounds.  Gotta find a tripod or a fence post and ask whoever you're aiming at, "Can you stand still please, this thing blow your head off but might punt my ass across the room to." ?

Of the two rifles in the background, the one in the front (the left one) is indeed a Barrett 50 cal.  Hard to tell from that far away which model it is.  You can always tell a Barrett due to the distinctive body that is one piece with the butt stock (and the handle on the butt stock).

The rifle in the back (right) looks like a Remington RMi2.  It has a distinctive handguard from other rifles.

Either one would be a blast to shoot.  I'd like to own one, but can't really justify it.  Maybe if I got a big enough bonus.  ROFL!!!

6 hours ago, legendarytoyou said:

it weighs like 4.5 pounds

I never got the gun nut bug like my brother did, but it may have started when my mom brought home 2 pistols for fitting: My stepdad got into leather work and was making some custom holsters for her boss. While in possession of the firearms, he took my brother and I out back to fire them. The .45 revolver had a kick that is hard to explain. Given we were probably like 13 and 11, didn't help with the lack of upper body strength, yet squeezing the trigger had the revolver pointing straight up over our heads every time. There was no way we could keep it level - impressive firepower.

Makes me appreciate the Dirty Harry movies - fuckin' hand cannon.

(never hit the cans on the fencepost - but the mud behind them shot up about 10 feet into the air)

Also: Never trust doing business with anyone named "EA"

Spoiler

Wondering what is a good price to buy Cyberpunk 2077.    I was disappointed by Detroit becomes Human, as I had hoped it would not have been such a predicable story (my summary on it below) .

Spoiler

Basically, it is a story about racism and the civil rights movement, following a fairly predicable path if you know the history behind the Civil Rights moment in the US.    I want to stress that it was well written but I regret paying full price for it.    Also, it is a choose your on adventure rather than a true computer game.   

In any event, playing No Man's Sky on Permadeath is.....fun?    At least I play a lot less risky but still hate it when there is still a chance of instant death for one stray shot (Don't mine anything near a haunted crash site because if you hit on the eggs there, your life is over.)

Can't imagine what it's like to live in a place where the air can kill you.

All we get here are earthquakes that rarely can be noticed without a seismograph, the occasional F0 tornado and mild storms, and the closest active volcano is thousands of kilometers away.

Many thunderstorms this year though, alas i live on an (technically) island so they rarely pass right over my place.

On 7/24/2020 at 4:40 PM, ToJKa said:

Can't imagine what it's like to live in a place where the air can kill you.

I live in a American midwest around a bunch of tornado hotspots. They are probably the most unpredictable common natural disaster. My Aunt's town got ravaged by a huge one back in 2011. It busted up most of the houses in her neighborhood, obliterated a tree in her yard, and yet left her house completely untouched. That's how tornadoes are, its almost like they pick what the want to destroy at complete random. Can be super destructive too, I've seen firsthand the aftermath of large hotels that were ripped in half by them.

Luckily I haven't personally lived anywhere that got hit by a tornado. Yet. But I have seen some hail storms from hell. Large balls of ice failing from the sky, leaving everyone's car and roof looking like they were attacked by a thousand hammers. Fun stuff?

11 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

That's how tornadoes are, is almost like they pick what the want to destroy at complete random.

That is so true.  There is one exception however, if there is a trailer park close by, it will get hit.  100 times out of 100.  Tornado's just can't stand trailer parks.  They just feel they have to wipe them out.  LOL.  I've been within a half a mile to right underneath (I was in a ditch) of 9 tornado's.  You get numb to them after a while just like anything else.  My greatest fear would be a large earthquake.  Where the hell do you go?  How do you get away?

Yeah, i've heard tornados can be devastating and unpredictable. I've seen pictures of neighborhoods devastated by tornadoes, it's as if the place was nuked.

There's incredible power in natural phenomenoms. No wonder ancient people thought it was gods' doing.

Tornadoes in a trailer park? Sudden NOLF 2 flashbacks :classic_laugh:

Spoiler

Edit: Wow, that game is so old it's in 4:3 ?

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Wondering what is a good price to buy Cyberpunk 2077.    I was disappointed by Detroit becomes Human, as I had hoped it would not have been such a predicable story (my summary on it below) .

Hide contents

Basically, it is a story about racism and the civil rights movement, following a fairly predicable path if you know the history behind the Civil Rights moment in the US.    I want to stress that it was well written but I regret paying full price for it.    Also, it is a choose your on adventure rather than a true computer game.   

In any event, playing No Man's Sky on Permadeath is.....fun?    At least I play a lot less risky but still hate it when there is still a chance of instant death for one stray shot (Don't mine anything near a haunted crash site because if you hit on the eggs there, your life is over.)

full.