What's on your mind?

49 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Love wins over hate every time.

Yeah, that's the reason I'm not really worried about this shit- most people realize how stupid and backward it is to everything we've accomplished to this point. They played their last hand......and now they've pretty much lost. The months of riots has left people with a clear image of the next logical step of "cancel culture" and galvanized much of the country- if not most of the western world- firmly against them. Of course it also might mean another four years of T and I'm not so sure that's any cause for celebration as another big war looms.

4 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah, that's the reason I'm not really worried about this shit- most people realize how stupid and counter it is to everything we've accomplished to this point. They played their last hand......and now they've lost.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

I want to believe it... but the problem is while most people agree behind closed doors, it's not a publicly accepted truth. Social media and the MSM have created an echo chamber, where the "enemy" is evil, and because they're evil, they're justified in any atrocities they commit. What's worse is that if they are failing, a cornered animal is even more dangerous, so I'd imagine in a few months shit's REALLY going to hit the fan... that or to many people are cowards and give in to their tyranny.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” -G. Michael Hopf

I really should put these quotes in my signature considering how much I use them. ?

27 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

going to hit the fan... that or to many people are cowards and give in to their tyranny

Then shit will hit the fan. Pushing people around in social media is one thing. Threatening everyone's livelihood will piss people the fuck off. They're not scared as much as they just want to be left alone - a massive sleeping beast if you will. What comes out of the fight is what should concern everyone.....

4 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Then shit will hit the fan. Pushing people around in social media is one thing. Threatening everyone's livelihood will piss people the fuck off.

Sure, sure... but imagine being one of the people in CHAZ. You may be pissed, but does your anger outweigh your fear? In a place where it's one man versus the mob... well, we hope we won't stand alone. I hope I'll be able to stand by my conviction when push comes to shove. ?

“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” -Emiliano Zapata

22 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

we hope we won't stand alone

Dude, there are whole communities- whole states maybe - that are sick and tired of this shit. No one is going to stand alone. You know how as a child you sometimes pushed and pushed until the hammer came down? That's what's happening now. A loud and unruly minority can only push a heavily armed majority so long, so far before the inevitable backlash. It ain't gonna be pretty by any stretch of the imagination and mountains will move.

8 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Dude, there are whole communities- whole states maybe - that are sick and tired of this shit. No one is going to stand alone. You know how as a child you sometimes pushed and pushed until the hammer came down? That's what's happening now. A loud and unruly minority can only push the majority so long, so far before the inevitable backlash.

Who's the majority? I'm not talking about the country as a whole, I'm talking about the people in the center of it... guess which groups the "majority" in Berkeley. Short of the military quelling them in these leftist cities, they're not going to stop.

25 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Who's the majority?

The to-this-point mostly silent masses that have been watching this shit go down and wondering why it hasn't stopped. Maybe it will mostly stop and we can go back to kind of normal for a while longer. But, this will rear it's ugly head again because history is cyclical like that. Where one sleepy generation is forced to action to put down a rabid all-devouring beast- a following generation or two have yet to slay theirs. It's the way I see it anyway and I sincerely hope things get better and we can all get back to our sexy fun. :classic_tongue:

58 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Social media and the MSM have created an echo chamber, where the "enemy" is evil, and because they're evil, they're justified in any atrocities they commit.

This made me think of that Harvard student saying she's going to stab the next person she hears say All Lives Matter and troll them as they 'bleed out'. I kinda sat there wondering WTF has really happened to people's concepts of social norms. All these college students have the best chance of holding various professional jobs, and I don't see them doing a 180 on critical thinking without some form of guidance. While it's been said this same student now tells of work repercussions because of this video, instead of realizing her mistake, she seems blind to her responsibility in this matter.

I can only hope being surrounded by the real world eventually helps remove the 'brain washing' that many seem subject to.

8 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

Self-censorship is different from mandated speech. 

You know what annoys me the most, the pronoun game... pronouns to describe people are in third person, you know what that means? It means some thin-skinned whinging narcissistic cunt thinks he has the right to control your speech when they're not even fucking there. Seriously, try and use your pronouns in first person without using some form of the sentence "My pronouns are..." Or how about the plurality pronouns (they/them), which is just stupid and complicate things. 

Pronouns are like labels. Either you like them or you don't. Self created labels are self created. If you don't like it you can go on your merry way not that I see any reason to. There are many things worse than picking your own pronoun. Heck people do that on Loverslab all the time e.g. Biggest Cynic on Loverslab. And they change it often too.

Lets get this straight. They, them are way easier than he, she. Less to remember too. There really is no use for he, she outside of medicine and romance.

Lets take customer service for example:

Employee: "Hello Sir. How may I help you?"

Customer: "Um I'm a girl and I would like-"

vs

Employee: "Hello. How may I help you?"

Customer: "Yes. I would like-"

Which one do you think is simpler?

5 minutes ago, landess said:

This made me think of that Harvard student saying she's going to stab the next person she hears say All Lives Matter and troll them as they 'bleed out'. I kinda sat there wondering WTF has really happened to people's concepts of social norms. All these college students have the best chance of holding various professional jobs, and I don't see them doing a 180 on critical thinking without some form of guidance. While it's been said this same student now tells of work repercussions because of this video, instead of realizing her mistake, she seems blind to her responsibility in this matter.

I can only hope being surrounded by the real world eventually helps remove the 'brain washing' that many seem subject to.

People like this have never actually been outside of their bubble.  College isn't real life any more than grade school is.  Real life has a way of slapping some reality into these morons like few other things can.  Reality won't be kind or forgiving to these folks who don't have parents that are wealthy enough (and stupid enough) to carry them.  The need to earn money and face those work repercussions will keep playing wack a mole until they learn to shut up.  Besides, it really doesn't matter if they ever understand why they should not touch the stove, as long as they stop touching it right?  One of my favorite quotes is:  

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.”  ― C.S. Lewis

And that is unfortunately the crux of the issue.  You have people with zero real life experience who want to lecture folks on how to live.  They don't seem to understand that we who have lived long enough to have gained that experience are laughing our proverbial asses off at them and the nonsense that they are spewing.  Don't get me wrong, anyone can have a good idea.  But when someone who has lived in the real world tells you that you can't fly by flapping your arms, you'd be a fool to just dismiss them and leap off a cliff because your professor told you that you can do anything you want.  College used to be about critical thinking.  Being a skeptic.  Seeking truth and wisdom.  Now, I just don't know if it is an institution that is worth saving.  

3 hours ago, landess said:

All these college students have the best chance of holding various professional jobs, and I don't see them doing a 180 on critical thinking without some form of guidance.

Now you're starting to see the picture clearly. Would it be crazy to think that our institutions have been infiltrated by those that spread this propaganda? And if we're not crazy, then who are they working for, hmmm? I mean if you trace it all the way back to it's source? Our true enemy watches and prepares while we try and push things down the road in hopes that it will be anybody else's problem but our's.

This isn't conspiracy theory. There's just too much evidence pointing one direction if anybody bothers to dig a little.

45 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Now, I just don't know if it is an institution that is worth saving.  

It's not... I'm not sure if it ever was. Trade schools cost so much less and you get hands on experience in what you actually want to do. Besides look up successful college dropouts. The problem is that academia and media have a hold on people.

Not to mention that colleges are little communist detention centers.

A tragic story that has a happy ending (no......not that type of happy ending....LOL!)?

Spoiler

The hate narrative just falls apart with stories like this.  Unfortunately this just doesn't get the coverage from the media.  THIS is what is normal.  I've seen dozens of these type of stories.  But that is because I don't settle for just the mainstream media.

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

People like this have never actually been outside of their bubble.  College isn't real life any more than grade school is.  Real life has a way of slapping some reality into these morons like few other things can.  Reality won't be kind or forgiving to these folks who don't have parents that are wealthy enough (and stupid enough) to carry them.  The need to earn money and face those work repercussions will keep playing wack a mole until they learn to shut up.  Besides, it really doesn't matter if they ever understand why they should not touch the stove, as long as they stop touching it right?  One of my favorite quotes is:  

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.”  ― C.S. Lewis

And that is unfortunately the crux of the issue.  You have people with zero real life experience who want to lecture folks on how to live.  They don't seem to understand that we who have lived long enough to have gained that experience are laughing our proverbial asses off at them and the nonsense that they are spewing.  Don't get me wrong, anyone can have a good idea.  But when someone who has lived in the real world tells you that you can't fly by flapping your arms, you'd be a fool to just dismiss them and leap off a cliff because your professor told you that you can do anything you want.  College used to be about critical thinking.  Being a skeptic.  Seeking truth and wisdom.  Now, I just don't know if it is an institution that is worth saving.  

11 minutes ago, gregathit said:

A tragic story that has a happy ending (no......not that type of happy ending....LOL!)?

Reveal hidden contents

The hate narrative just falls apart with stories like this.  Unfortunately this just doesn't get the coverage from the media.  THIS is what is normal.  I've seen dozens of these type of stories.  But that is because I don't settle for just the mainstream media.

why you Preach good in this world, YOU DONT KNOW HATE GIVES ME RATINGS, JUST LIKE  I PREACH ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ALL MY GOOD DAYS, but not my bad days