What's on your mind?

54 minutes ago, submissive miss tris said:

what... what in this video proves or even suggests he's not innocent

I dunno, maybe it's the fact that he didn't "fully comply" like the media said? And that he started suffocating before he was even on the ground? And that his general behavior while being told to put his hands on the steering wheel were super off-putting and shady? Or the fact that he used "i'm claustrophobic" as an excuse to not get into a car bigger than the one he just got out of? Or that he was indeed way too high on drug cocktail at that point? Or that he played an active part in escalating the situation with his erratic intoxicated behavior? Or that he does have a criminal record which doesn't paint him as the angel media was portraying him to be?

I don't know man, i can't see anything that suggests he's not innocent.

46rb47.jpg

13 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

I dunno, maybe it's the fact that he didn't "fully comply" like the media said? And that he started suffocating before he was even on the ground? And that his general behavior while being told to put his hands on the steering wheel were super off-putting and shady? Or the fact that he used "i'm claustrophobic" as an excuse to not get into a car bigger than the one he just got out of? Or that he was indeed way too high on drug cocktail at that point? Or that he played an active part in escalating the situation with his erratic intoxicated behavior? Or that he does have a criminal record which doesn't paint him as the angel media was portraying him to be?

I don't know man, i can't see anything that suggests he's not innocent.

46rb47.jpg

he was clearly fucking terrified, he's convinced (for good reason) that he's going to be shot at any moment, he literally tells them he has anxiety and they point a gun at him and then pull him around, forcing him into the back of a police car (which is very different from being in the driver's seat of your vehicle, especially when your anxiety has been spiked by someone HOLDING A GUN TO YOU), him saying he couldn't breathe is completely understandable in such a stressful situation, panic/anxiety attacks frequently happen for far smaller reasons and definitely can cause hyper asphyxiation. he couldn't breathe because, it would quite clearly seem based on this video, he had all control taken away from him and felt that his life was under immediate threat.

his behaviour with his hands wasn't easy to read, but it's a stretch to say it's sketchy, and even then, 'seeming sketchy' is not a crime, certainly not one warranting this treatment. he complied as best he could during a terrifying situation, sure, slipping up sometimes, but he was far more reasonable than the police were being. and all this over a supposed counterfeit 20 dollar bill? please.

it's not about whether he's an angel, it's about whether this was warranted, and it most certainly was not.

Alright this is a total mess. Let's see here,

1 hour ago, submissive miss tris said:

he was clearly fucking terrified, he's convinced (for good reason) that he's going to be shot at any moment, he literally tells them he has anxiety and they point a gun at him and then pull him around

Why? Why was he terrified that he was gonna get shot? The video shows the officer telling him verbatim that he's not going to shoot him or hurt him, but when you refuse to show your hands when told to, the officer has every reason to suspect that you're readying a weapon, so it's natural that they pulled a gun on him. If he had just complied as the media claimed he did, they wouldn't have pulled the gun to begin with.

forcing him into the back of a police car (which is very different from being in the driver's seat of your vehicle, especially when your anxiety has been spiked by someone HOLDING A GUN TO YOU)

That is the weakest excuse anyone could use full stop and you know it. How are the two scenarios different? If he really was claustrophobic he wouldn't be able to get inside any car at all. The police car had more space in the back seat area than the driver seat area of his car as is the case with any multi-seater car. And as stated above and shown in the video, his erratic actions are the reason a gun was pulled on him.

him saying he couldn't breathe is completely understandable in such a stressful situation, panic/anxiety attacks frequently happen for far smaller reasons and definitely can cause hyper asphyxiation. he couldn't breathe because, it would quite clearly seem based on this video, he had all control taken away from him and felt that his life was under immediate threat.

Anxiety attack is not the cause for his suffocation. This guy has committed crimes before and has had plenty of experience with law enforcement in the past, i can 9000% guarantee he didn't suffocate due to panic attack. What i can guarantee is the fact that he was high as a kite during this incident as his autopsy shows, he had a whole mixture of drugs in his body which caused his heart to stop which explains why he's saying he's having trouble breathing on his own. And it also explains why he was acting so erratic to begin with, he was far from sober. It's extremely disingenuous to write his intoxicated death as mere panic attack.

his behaviour with his hands wasn't easy to read, but it's a stretch to say it's sketchy

It was very easy to read, anyone with any experience with physical aggression will tell you that he was not being transparent and had all signs of someone trying to blindside someone with a weapon they've hidden away. We know that Floyd wasn't trying to do that but he communicated the complete opposite due to acting erratic under the influence of heavy drug usage.

and even then, 'seeming sketchy' is not a crime, certainly not one warranting this treatment

I don't think anyone has claimed that acting sketchy by itself is a crime. But it does make you a big target since there could be a crime involved. From the perspective of a law enforcer it's perfectly justified to take necessary defensive measures. That's not undeserved ill treatment.

he complied as best he could during a terrifying situation, sure, slipping up sometimes, but he was far more reasonable than the police were being.

Now you're just being dismissive. How was he being compliant? He wasn't just "slipping up sometimes" he was literally trying to wrestle his way out of there when he was just told to comply with the procedures. That's not reasonable in any form.

and all this over a supposed counterfeit 20 dollar bill? please.

Yes. Given that he played the major part in that escalation let's not forget how serious of a problem counterfeit money really is. The fact that he was passing fake money out should be a giant red flag to anyone, you can't just say this isn't a mega problem worth serious investigation.

it's not about whether he's an angel, it's about whether this was warranted, and it most certainly was not.

I'm not so sure about that. Certainly the guy kneeling on his neck was cruel to say the least as his service record is full of past complaints, but to say that every bit of Floyd's treatment was unwarranted is again, disingenuous and ignorant. The media worked hard to portray him as an angel that was brutally murdered for no reason due to his race, we now know that to be a complete lie. What that proves i'll let you decide, but here is the truth.

9 hours ago, submissive miss tris said:

he was clearly fucking terrified

Of course he was. He lived in a country where media for last four ( or even more ) fucking years run non stop with the narrative that Police is hunting black people for sport, that any interaction with Police is death sentence for blacks, that they will always get away with killing him for the slightest shit etc. Even innocent blacks, let alone drugged up criminal like him.

Blame the media, thank their lies about Smollet, Martin, Brown and dozens of other black criminals whom the media hoisted as innocent victims of the bad white nazi cops, against all evidence and reason.

George committed suicide by cop.  No one forced him to take drugs (dude was high as a kite).  No one forced him to not get physiological help.  No one forced him to refuse to comply with simple instructions that thousands of people follow when arrested by cops and live to tell about it.  No one forced him to try passing off counterfeit money.  This is all pretty basic and straightforward shit.  He definitely is no hero.  This is not some innocent person.  He is however a darwin award candidate.

As I've said before, yes the cops did not conduct themselves properly and hopefully they will face justice.  Hopefully policy and procedure will change and the police will be properly funded and better trained.  That is what is needed after all.  

Again, it is easy to arm chair quarterback this deal.  Cops have to investigate when folks pass off counterfeit money.  Cops have to arrest folks when they break the law.  Cops do NOT just let them go.  The media and people have to understand these basic truths.  Folks have to STOP resisting arrest.  PERIOD.  If you don't want to do the time, STOP DOING THE CRIME.  

Sick of hearing about Floyd.

all the shit that started over that fuckwit, all the riots, all the damage, all the people killed by other fuckwits=rioters/looters.

seriously fuck that guy.

The cops did what they were trained to do, all this bullshit about "oh the cops this, and the cops that" all bullshit.

and BLM can go fuck themselves, marxist fucking scumbags that they are.

-end of rant.

5 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

I think we can all agree that though most of us support free speech, it doesn't mean that we can just go around anywhere saying whatever we want to anyone. There are no laws against this sure and it's more understood among us of some possible consequences (like getting punched in the mouth). But since it looks like we're headed down this road, I think it's as good a time as any to point out some circumstances where the speaker should be immune to any charges of causing offense. One is when someone asks for your opinion. After all, they did ask so it should be agreed that because they want an honest opinion, they can't be offended by the answer. Having trouble defining more right now.

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I think we can all agree that though most of us support free speech, it doesn't mean that we can just go around anywhere saying whatever we want to anyone. There are no laws against this

When the 'free speech' is centered around the planning or otherwise implementation of illegal activities then the matter of conspiracy is invoked which can almost be equated to guilt by association. Being in a room with people discussing something like a presidential assassination will get one in trouble just as if directly participating in the act itself.

The more immediate problem seems to be other forms of speech which over time have been labeled offensive and in some forms 'hate speech' which IS now illegal. Chipping away at our freedoms is a dangerous road and while refining the laws is somewhat justifiable it is also a path to more devious forms of societal control.

In the 'good old days' if one was at odds with the majority of a local people - ostracism  was regularly practiced. With the world being somewhat plugged-in, the ideas of a local community has diminished and what we see now as 'cancel-culture' is simply persons being ostracized on a much larger and less localized scale. One can't simply be banished off the planet as was the classic - get out of town by sundown.....

Self-censorship is different from mandated speech. 

You know what annoys me the most, the pronoun game... pronouns to describe people are in third person, you know what that means? It means some thin-skinned whinging narcissistic cunt thinks he has the right to control your speech when they're not even fucking there. Seriously, try and use your pronouns in first person without using some form of the sentence "My pronouns are..." Or how about the plurality pronouns (they/them), which is just stupid and complicate things. 

9 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

11:07 to the end of the video.  THIS is why I've watched as many of Dr. Peterson's videos as I can get my hands on.  He really pulls apart the bullshit to show the underlying question underneath.  The best part is that he's so balanced, for the most part, that he seems to be able to address the issue and tear apart the issue without resorting to what we see so many others do: personal attacks.  Granted, there's one specific example I've seen of him making a statement that was directly in conflict with me, personally (and worse, it was loosely phrased as a "personal" attack on those who see that particular issue from the angle I do), as far as how I navigate the world. But he did later apologize, after thinking through the 'why' of that particular course of action a little more.  Personally, I can completely forgive his slip, as his experiences in that aspect of life have been so completely different from mine.  But apart from that single example, I can't say I've ever heard him say anything that I could at least understand why he was coming from where he was coming from on the issue.

2 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

Self-censorship is different from mandated speech. 

You know what annoys me the most, the pronoun game... pronouns to describe people are in third person, you know what that means? It means some thin-skinned whinging narcissistic cunt thinks he has the right to control your speech when they're not even fucking there. Seriously, try and use your pronouns in first person without using some form of the sentence "My pronouns are..." Or how about the plurality pronouns (they/them), which is just stupid and complicate things. 

I refuse to play the pronoun game.  If you play the game, you lose.  People can refer to themselves as anything they want, I have no problem with that, but they can't force me to use their terms.  It is my speech, I'll use my terms.  If they don't like those terms, then the answer is simple, don't talk to me.  To pressure someone to use your terms is narcissistic to a level that defies all logic.  It is as logical as just throwing out the whole of the english language and saying all we can use to communicate anymore is "I am groot".  And those people claim to be the tolerant ones.  Oh the irony.