What's on your mind?

17 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

4.png.97f35d28a3eecc5d022f70296c3954f6.png

Blaming others is well and good, but just like the vault boy, one should take a step back and assess dangers. 

It was a joke of course. I try not to judge or blame and try to address the problem instead. Can't help it if the problem ends up being someone's fault most of the time. :cool:

On 8/23/2020 at 3:32 AM, gregathit said:

Real life has a way of slapping some reality into these morons like few other things can.  Reality won't be kind or forgiving to these folks who don't have parents that are wealthy enough (and stupid enough) to carry them.  The need to earn money and face those work repercussions will keep playing wack a mole until they learn to shut up. 

College used to be about critical thinking.  Being a skeptic.  Seeking truth and wisdom.  Now, I just don't know if it is an institution that is worth saving.  

I find the "wack-a-mole" statement absolutely hilarious.  I know a woman, in her late 30's or early 40's, extremely liberal, will NOT shut the hell up and keep her opinions to herself.  She is the absolute epitome of the Social Justice Warrior.  I've seen her Facebook pictures of her wearing her Pink Pussy Hat at gatherings in DC.  And the echo chamber that is her friends.  I've even stopped "following" her posts on Facebook as she spouted one too many things that were downright mean, and meant to be, while insisting that "this was the way", and getting 'You go girl!' from her friends. 

And guess what?  She can't keep a job.  She's got degrees and education out the wazoo, yet it seems every six months or so she lands back with her parents after being fired from the most recent job she managed to get that's usually FAR below her education level.  But, of course, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. None of us know for absolute certain, but we've all known this woman for a long, LONG time.  We know full well how devisive she can be, how utterly convinced she is that she is right, and how she has zero concept of "This is work, you're here to WORK.  So work, and keep your damn mouth SHUT!"  She'll definitely end up being one of the old ones, alone, broke, and still bitterly complaining about how the world did her wrong.  Sigh.  Whatever.  Some people will NEVER learn.  Or even take a step back and look at what they're doing from a distance.

As for critical thinking, college is too late for critical thinking in my humble opinion.  I remember the shock of being on my own for the first time in life and the rude awakening that required a MAJOR shift in my thinking at uni.  Honestly, I believe that the grade school system failed, and that whether one chose a trade or uni, either way, if you didn't have real world experience outside of grade school to prepare you, you were in for a shock.

So apparently, I'm going to break the thumbs up button today.  Yay.

With the news about the Snyder-cut of the Justice League becoming gospel, along with the re-integration of the DC connected universe which Patty Jenkins apparently has a problem with, I still have to 'wonder' about a scene from the first Wonder Woman film as I am able to ignore a lot of things but this:

@3:13 into the clip (near end) after Steve Trevor decided to copy a move we saw 'only Amazons' do on the beach - He yells to Diana - 'SHIELD!" - and 3 of them hold a heavy armored door over them to propel her up. Ummm yeah, right. Given the amount of force she hits that church tower with, those 3 humans would have been pancaked so hard they would've resembled roadkill. If not for this part, I'd have to say it's one of my favorite super hero fight scenes. From the trenches to the final taking of the town.

(Yeah I've seen the new trailers of WW using her whip to 'ride the lightning')

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, landess said:

Ummm yeah, right. Given the amount of force she hits that church tower with, those 3 humans would have been pancaked so hard they would've resembled roadkill.

I mean, the fact that she can jump so high and destroy a building like that when she's no heavier than everyone around her should tell you that... Physics don't really apply in supernatural fiction the same way it applies in real life. You can also hit something very hard despite taking a soft jump, that's how those WWE wrestlers can jump and bump at each other from high places and not cause a fatal incident every time. Just ask Jeff Hardy lol.

14 hours ago, AKM said:

As for critical thinking, college is too late for critical thinking in my humble opinion.

Nope. College is when critical thinking stops becoming pattern following and starts becoming pattern creating, but the unvarnished truth of that is it occurs only in individuals smart or wise or both enough to actually do it; and that's entirely reliant on biology and anatomy, not any societal system or governance. While those can help foster such things, it's literally all about brain power, period.

1 hour ago, landess said:

With the news about the Snyder-cut of the Justice League becoming gospel, along with the re-integration of the DC connected universe which Patty Jenkins apparently has a problem with, I still have to 'wonder' about a scene from the first Wonder Woman film as I am able to ignore a lot of things but this:

@3:13 into the clip (near end) after Steve Trevor decided to copy a move we saw 'only Amazons' do on the beach - He yells to Diana - 'SHIELD!" - and 3 of them hold a heavy armored door over them to propel her up. Ummm yeah, right. Given the amount of force she hits that church tower with, those 3 humans would have been pancaked so hard they would've resembled roadkill. If not for this part, I'd have to say it's one of my favorite super hero fight scenes. From the trenches to the final taking of the town.

(Yeah I've seen the new trailers of WW using her whip to 'ride the lightning')

Hide contents

Maybe that is why they are superheroes.  They are normal people who just don't have to follow the laws of physics.     

Is it unusual for a game company to Benjamin Button a character?

In the Shadow Warrior series

First he is old Wang:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20200511064613

then he is mid Wang:

Spoiler

310?cb=20160704150844

Now he is this Wang:

Spoiler

310?cb=20200712122320

I can't be the only person seeing this.

10 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Women aren't getting better looking like I thought. Their makeup is better and the difference without it is almost shocking.

There's a reason the term is now being called "fakeup" by some.  If you look, there's a video out there of a woman with open sores on her lip.  I forget which STD it is, but it's so common it's called "Cold Sores" in everyday language rather than what it really is.  Just another lie.  Anyway, by the time she gets finished with the "cover-girl" makup rutine, you really can't tell that she's got this thing.  If I recall correctly about this particular disease, as the sore is active (it goes into remission regularly), it is "transmitting".  You kiss this person, you'll likely get the disease.

8 hours ago, 27X said:

Nope. College is when critical thinking stops becoming pattern following and starts becoming pattern creating, but the unvarnished truth of that is it occurs only in individuals smart or wise or both enough to actually do it; and that's entirely reliant on biology and anatomy, not any societal system or governance. While those can help foster such things, it's literally all about brain power, period.

Kind of agree with you.  I was going more for a "teaching critical thinking" deal.  By college, you need to be DOING it, not learning to do it.

4 hours ago, AKM said:

There's a reason the term is now being called "fakeup" by some.  If you look, there's a video out there of a woman with open sores on her lip.  I forget which STD it is, but it's so common it's called "Cold Sores" in everyday language rather than what it really is.  Just another lie.  Anyway, by the time she gets finished with the "cover-girl" makeup routine, you really can't tell that she's got this thing.  If I recall correctly about this particular disease, as the sore is active (it goes into remission regularly), it is "transmitting".  You kiss this person, you'll likely get the disease.

That would be called Herpes (HSV-1):  https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/herpes-simplex-virus

This is odd that V:TM Bloodlines 2 fired its creative director and one of the key narrative forces.     This bodes ill for a release date already pushed back to 2021 now.     I can't help but wonder if early criticism of this game and of Cyberpunk 2077 (too woke) made an impact or if that criticism really didn't amount to anything.  

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

This is odd that V:TM Bloodlines 2 fired its creative director and one of the key narrative forces.

Only time will tell now if he was getting 'too' creative, or not creative 'enough'....   Regardless, it's been on my radar and hopefully it won't be a disappointment. I know this was a title ripe to mod, and we'll see about that eventually.

>>>> Speaking about mods: I recently got busy playing State of Decay again, the 1st one/YOSE. While I generally don't-won't mod most games, I finally did to this one and it helped my interest considerably. Darker nights, with extreme gloom/fog. Increased inventory and some zombie tweaks. Cars that take no damage (This was just a personal choice mod to keep focus on other things I prefer to worry about).  Most of the 9 mods chosen though are for atmosphere like Camouflage Tents instead of the white ones for example. I was quite pleased with the way everything turned out as it just happens to be my favorite Zombie game since it feels more like a TV show than some over the top obstacle course. It seems designed to make you lower your guard.....

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I can't help but wonder if early criticism of this game and of Cyberpunk 2077 (too woke) made an impact or if that criticism really didn't amount to anything.  

Did I miss something?  I thought the Cyberpunk Lord and Master told the woke crowd to piss off, which of course got their panties all in a bunch.

21 hours ago, landess said:

Only time will tell now if he was getting 'too' creative, or not creative 'enough'....   Regardless, it's been on my radar and hopefully it won't be a disappointment. I know this was a title ripe to mod, and we'll see about that eventually.

I hope it is that and not "lets try to get a new crowd to like V:TM."  Wizards of the Coast tried that with pen and paper AD+D and suffered.  Also, thank you to all the millennials who told WotC that they like the old school AD+D.  

20 hours ago, gregathit said:

Did I miss something?  I thought the Cyberpunk Lord and Master told the woke crowd to piss off, which of course got their panties all in a bunch.

I was mostly referring to the pre game "controversies" wrt to making cyberpunk "woke", I only write in two languages, English and bad English.     I think (though I might have my rose tinted glasses on) that some game makers realize it is not wise to try to appease a non game buying crowd (the stupid right wing "games are teaching our kids to be killers" and the left wing "games are teaching us how to be better misogynists."    Yes, ..... I said that .......on LL's website.......  after perusing"Raider Reform School" blog posts. 

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

I was mostly referring to the pre game "controversies" wrt to making cyberpunk "woke", I only write in two languages, English and bad English.     I think (though I might have my rose tinted glasses on) that some game makers realize it is not wise to try to appease a non game buying crowd (the stupid right wing "games are teaching our kids to be killers" and the left wing "games are teaching us how to be better misogynists."    Yes, ..... I said that .......on LL's website.......  after perusing"Raider Reform School" blog posts. 

I know there are people on the left that are idiots and I know there are people on the right that are idiots but let me see if I got this right. My question is are you talking about left wing games or loverslab mods? But where is the misogyny in games? Is there a Burka Enforcer game I missed or what?

23 hours ago, gregathit said:

Yep. The gameplay lead also stated a month ago that current politics will have jack shit to do with 77's politics, and sexual swap tech in the game will stay in.

On 8/25/2020 at 5:07 PM, steelpanther24 said:

This is odd that V:TM Bloodlines 2 fired its creative director and one of the key narrative forces.

Nothing odd about it. The person that fired him is a #gg-er, the four writers that are taking his place were #gg-ers or journalists at the time #GG happened. They used Mitsoda and Cluney to bankroll the game and then fired them when it came time to harden storylines and assets for final build. You buy this game expecting the old one in any shape or form and you're frankly a moron or a shill.