What's on your mind?

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

One of the few times I'm so fucking glad I didn't get laid when I wanted to happened this last weekend. Was almost a victim of my own weakness and walked away unscathed to fuck another day- don't tell me there's no such thing as luck! :classic_tongue:

"And thereby hangs a tale..."

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

One of the few times I'm so fucking glad I didn't get laid when I wanted to happened this last weekend. Was almost a victim of my own weakness and walked away unscathed to fuck another day- don't tell me there's no such thing as luck! :classic_tongue:

Luck is simply the current inability to change an outcome therefore luck is a machination of people that don't know any better.

You're welcome:classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

luck is a machination of people that don't know any better

And since there is no other adequate word to describe when things in situations beyond our control turn against or in favor of us- we call it luck. Dumb luck to be more precise. :cool:

20 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Looking at this review of Vampire- The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Lucky for me I don't have to watch a review.....  This is why I almost have no room on my HD anymore - just - can't - delete - games - regularly . . . . .

VTM.png.c4a6b583fdbcf1e9294ba131a721458e.png

Spoiler

I even tried making a 'Sim'

Screenshot-437.jpg.0fda09c8919bb9ed423a54c60c1ed4e5.jpg

9c21778026e4f4c8c899091010e6f37a.jpg&f=1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@KoolHndLuke

"things in situations beyond our control turn against or in favor of us- we call it luck"

----?----

or             --?--  Fate  --?--                 You know, the real life 'choose your own adventure game'.

----?----

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

And since there is no other adequate word to describe when things in situations beyond our control turn against or in favor of us- we call it luck. Dumb luck to be more precise. :cool:

Speaking of dumb I used the word machinations wrong. Machinations means evil plot.

Durr. I don't English so good.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:46 PM, Kitty said:

Agreed.

If nothing else, from everything I've heard so far, it'd be good to keep sales of this thing as low as possible to send a message just how much this sort of thing sucks.  Assuming of course they ever even manage to sort this mess out enough to get a release.

Also, unless something radically changes, it'd probably be simpler at this point to rip the guts out of V:TM-B and build a total conversion of that, rather than think this thing is ever going to approach a state that's even near playable or enjoyable.

Sad, but I admit I did have a sinking feeling this whole project was going to go a really bad direction even back when I first heard of it.

They may just be hoping to use the positive reputation to ensnare the next generation (whatever they are called) into buying it.   Star Wars seems to have gone that way.   Sort of like "Smoking the Boys Room" by Motley Crue and "Just a Gigolo" by David Lee Roth made the originals much better......at least to kids from the 80s. 

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

The Muppets, Mr. Potatohead and Dr. Seuss are now racist.

There must be something wrong with me, as I find out more and more of my heroes and things I like are racist. I guess the logical thing to do would be to admit myself for social conditioning.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

19 hours ago, landess said:

There must be something wrong with me, as I find out more and more of my heroes and things I like are racist. I guess the logical thing to do would be to admit myself for social conditioning.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Meh.  Personally, I think showing racism as it was rather than sanitizing everything so it's happy and PC as if it never happened, especially in cases where the clear intent originally was "Hey, look at this racism.  It's stupid, yeah?" is a better idea.  Something about remembering and learning from history so it doesn't just repeat itself, blah blah.

Not gonna delve too deep there, as I don't wanna dump a hornet's nest in the topic, but I had to say something in order to also say...  Racist Muppets?  Seriously?

The Muppet Show was probably one of the best things that ever happened to TV, and I'm seriously trying to wrap my brain around how it was possibly racist.  I mean.. the "Main Man" was a damn frog in love with a pig and had a bear for a best friend.  Dude even sang a friggin' song (which actually got radio play) back in the day called "It's not easy bein' green", which while not overt, was pretty clearly saying, "Hey, racism is dumb."

I just don't get it.  I suppose it just comes down to the idea that some people are just never happy unless they have some cause to put on signs and wave around making noise about.  Really I suspect pretty much everything in existence is or could be seen as racist to *someone* if they try hard enough to see it.

Personally, while they bitch and moan, I think I'll take a couple days to re-watch my Muppet Show DVD collection.  ^_^

6 hours ago, Kitty said:

"It's not easy bein' green"

Yeah, My entire reply was satirical/sarcasm. The Henson company is one of those rare things one is lucky to have experienced in their lifetime. While most seem familiar with the majority of their work, like the Muppets, I found their forays into film very interesting. The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, are such original concepts/executions of ideas that we will forever have, and other contributions as well. Everyone knows Yoda. I remember when "An American Werewolf in London" released, seeing Frank Oz as the US ambassador in a short cameo had me realize the actual Werewolf - which was hardly shown and almost never in it's entirety especially close up - was indeed a 'Muppet'. There's one for the nightmares kiddies....

I never had a 'full' collection of Dr. Seuss when a child - but had enough and could read those over and over, studying the pictures and taking in the morals of the stories - I guess Aesop is next on the chopping block :P 

>>> As for Mr. Potato Head - have those idiots looked in a mirror lately? Take a vegetable (Tuber) and give it a bunch of random pieces one can apply anyway they wish to create something that could be anything they choose. Sounds about right!

@landess LOL.  Sorry if I wasn't entirely clear and you took anything I said as if I was saying you were nuts (or whatever).  I could tell your post was all sarcasm and just voicing my opinions to "them" - whoever the hell "they" are.  xD

Also, agreed about basically.. everything above, and Labyrinth and Dark Crystal have always been among my favorites.  Heck.. I actually own Dark Crystal on CED Disc somewhere, though my player more or less died decades ago.  (Look it up if you like.  Was a weird entry in the home video market for like.. 10 minutes or so between the VHS and Laser Disc eras.  Back when RCA was still in the game and Sony didn't own the video world. xD)

So a week or 2 ago I saw a video from a WWII British commando about his commando knife and the proper ways to use it.  I find the knowledge fascinating yet currently useless to me as I'm not currently killing any Nazi IRL.  Apparently every time you see someone slit someone's throat in the movies or TV, they are doing it wrong.  The old commando in the video understands why throat slitting in done the way its done in film, but the real way is much more brutal and quick.

55 minutes ago, Dio_Wolf49 said:

I saw a video

I noticed a huge selection of 'experts react' videos recently and obviously this points to something more laymen are becoming aware of. Just about every example of a craft, discipline, industry, history, etc. touched by 'Hollywood' is so full of BS that it makes one wonder how story telling has become so far fetched. We're familiar with lines like the one Gandalf uses about any good story requires a bit of embellishment.... Yet most of the facts available to movie makers which wouldn't change the narrative and only seem to insult those with working knowledge are ignored.

So the more you know - the 'stupider' movies become. Because many viewers of movies don't notice - is this indicative of the overall knowledge base of the average citizen. I mean we also have those 'America is getting dumber' videos which make me cringe.

Christopher Lee whom was one of those Special Forces mentioned, had to 'school' Peter Jackson about the sound one makes when taking a knife to the back, puncturing lung....

58 minutes ago, Dio_Wolf49 said:

So a week or 2 ago I saw a video from a WWII British commando about his commando knife and the proper ways to use it.  I find the knowledge fascinating yet currently useless to me as I'm not currently killing any Nazi IRL.  Apparently every time you see someone slit someone's throat in the movies or TV, they are doing it wrong.  The old commando in the video understands why throat slitting in done the way its done in film, but the real way is much more brutal and quick.

Can you link that video here? Sounds interesting.