Jump to content
GimmeBACON

What's on your mind?

Recommended Posts

Right now, I am wondering about just how populated the list would become were I to start a thread about mods which have been abandoned, banned or removed by the author for one reason or another. Would it look more like a multigenerational cemetery, a mass grave or a single densely packed plot?

Link to post
On 2/19/2021 at 12:37 AM, FauxFurry said:

Right now, I am wondering about just how populated the list would become were I to start a thread about mods which have been abandoned, banned or removed by the author for one reason or another. Would it look more like a multigenerational cemetery, a mass grave or a single densely packed plot?

 

Banned by LL or a specific site or just in general? Also, just for one game or any game?

Link to post
6 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

 

Banned by LL or a specific site or just in general? Also, just for one game or any game?

No restrictions whatsoever. It is interesting to see why mods of various kinds end up vanishing into the digital aether regardless of which games the mods were for. 

Take Fallout Frontier for example (not that one could since it is no longer available for download for a variety of reasons. 

 

Link to post

I was wondering if there was a type of pants that existed that didn't have buttons or zippers, nor an elastic band, could be loose around your waist, but not have to worry about it being around your ankles. I got 30 of my lymph nodes removed, and they went in from my stomach. I'm wearing the loosest pair of shorts I own, but they still feel painful to wear. I have literal glue keeping my stomach together right now, so the less pressure on it, the better I'd feel. Probably.

Link to post
On 2/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, GimmeBACON said:

 

While I do think there is some legitimacy to what he's saying, I seriously doubt it's as bad as he's saying. These people aren't cold blooded killas- they're bored, whiney shitbirds that love to make other people miserable and no more. The violence that you hear about in the news is instigated by a very tiny fraction of the agitators that we have now roaming the streets- and they were going to be that way no matter what. No one's coming to get anyone in the night cause most of this country is still very heavily armed and pretty trigger happy when we get nervous. That's a fact. 

Link to post

That the truth and what people believe sometimes have very little to do with each other. It's all about perception and people are so easily deceived because they much prefer the illusion over the truth.

Link to post
On 2/21/2021 at 2:20 AM, Azzhat said:

I was wondering if there was a type of pants that existed that didn't have buttons or zippers, nor an elastic band, could be loose around your waist, but not have to worry about it being around your ankles. I got 30 of my lymph nodes removed, and they went in from my stomach. I'm wearing the loosest pair of shorts I own, but they still feel painful to wear. I have literal glue keeping my stomach together right now, so the less pressure on it, the better I'd feel. Probably.

Buy pants that are the next size up and get some good old fashioned suspenders.  

Link to post
On 2/21/2021 at 5:03 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

The violence that you hear about in the news is instigated by a very tiny fraction of the agitators that we have now roaming the streets- and they were going to be that way no matter what. No one's coming to get anyone in the night cause most of this country is still very heavily armed and pretty trigger happy when we get nervous. That's a fact. 

 

Small fraction, yes, but they are pushing - hard - for a weapon registry.  A registry that would literally give them a list to go off of when 'Take your weapons of a certain persuasion.' day comes.  "THE LIST says here that you own X, serial number 123XYZ.  Hand it over.  What's that?  No, you lost it in a boating accident?  Well, that's a federal offense, per Statute 12345, off to the Gulag you go!"  Sorry, but the whole 'most of this country is still very heavily armed and pretty trigger happy when we get nervous.' doesn't hold much water in my book.  You must live in a different section of the country than I do.  I remember pictures from the 50's and 60's where both students and staff had their firearms in their vehicles on school property.  There's one of a principle and student standing on the steps of a school, with their rifles, after some idiot called in threatening a school shooting.  Guess who didn't show?  But that won't happen today, because 'firearms are scary', and thus, the mantra today is "Run, Hide, THEN Fight, (The last only if you absolutely must.  Leave that to the government, which, by the time they show up, what will happen, will have already happened.)"  Hell, there's even a movie out by that title now! 

Love the sentiment, but as Mao Zedong stated 'Political power grows from the barrel of a gun', and believe me, the politicians know it, and want an unarmed, untrained, and scared populace that is thus far easier to control.  And they're working inexorably toward that goal.

Case in point:

 

Watch the statement made from 17:44-18:20.

 

They are the score keeper in the game because THEY have guns.  If we don't do what they want, they WILL kill us, therefore we WILL play the game, and we WILL play the game on THEIR terms.  It's that simple.  They want that kind of power all to themselves.
 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

 

 

And why is it that this first came out eight years ago, but we have yet to see any improvement (i.e. the next installment)?  Simple: They learned how to monetize it.  No need to improve upon it, they're raking in the cash right now, continuously.

Link to post
On 2/20/2021 at 11:40 PM, FauxFurry said:

No restrictions whatsoever. It is interesting to see why mods of various kinds end up vanishing into the digital aether regardless of which games the mods were for. 

Take Fallout Frontier for example (not that one could since it is no longer available for download for a variety of reasons. 

 

I always thought of it as a call of duty for Fallout type thing but there were certainly some scenes that didn't make sense. I get being a lousy leader but is killing your own wounded soldiers where there are multiple witnesses really worth the bad PR? You'd think it would be easier to just limit the workloads of NCR hospitals for sanity's sake rather than putting down wounded soldiers like dogs. Maybe they were trying to go for a symbolism type deal being military dogs and all that.

Link to post
19 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I always thought of it as a call of duty for Fallout type thing but there were certainly some scenes that didn't make sense. I get being a lousy leader but is killing your own wounded soldiers where there are multiple witnesses really worth the bad PR? You'd think it would be easier to just limit the workloads of NCR hospitals for sanity's sake rather than putting down wounded soldiers like dogs. Maybe they were trying to go for a symbolism type deal being military dogs and all that.

 

The word you're looking for to describe the ncr section of the mod is "modderflex".

 

A modderflex is the mod equivalent of "The Room", just because you can logistically do a thing doesn't mean you should. The NCR campaign is literally devil cp'ing every edgy game moment from every game made in the last ten years and cramming it into bethbryo whether the context was appropriate or not.

 

Kinda like when that one dude made a star wars movie with a bank heist in it because every movie he's ever made has been a noir movie with completely retarded characters whom are abject maladroit fuck ups.

Link to post
2 hours ago, 27X said:

 

The word you're looking for to describe the ncr section of the mod is "modderflex".

 

A modderflex is the mod equivalent of "The Room" just because you can logstically do a thing doesn't mean you should. The NCR campaign is literally devil cp'ing every edgy game moment from every game made in the last ten years and cramming it into bethbryo whether the context was appropriate or not.

 

Kinda like when that one dude made a star wars movie with a bank heist in it because every movie he's ever made has been a noir movie with completely retarded characters whom are abject maladroit fuck ups.

Amazing modders... laughably bad playwright. I couldn't even sit through a full playthrough of it.

 

Still has some good features if they were ever released by themselves.

Link to post
13 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

 

The day boomerheads realize that video games don't cause real world problems is the day this world would be one step closer to being a utopia, which means i'm not holding my breath.

Link to post
On 2/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, FauxFurry said:

No restrictions whatsoever. It is interesting to see why mods of various kinds end up vanishing into the digital aether regardless of which games the mods were for. 

Take Fallout Frontier for example (not that one could since it is no longer available for download for a variety of reasons. 

On a technical level Frontier was pretty good and no more or less buggy than anything Bethesda makes.  Story-wise...It was Fallout4 levels fanfic stupid.

Link to post
12 hours ago, AKM said:

Small fraction, yes, but they are pushing - hard - for a weapon registry

 

Why would they push on something that they know would trigger a fight instead of just keep enacting policies that slowly undermine our rights and freedoms while they make plenty of money? They wouldn't. These people are greedy corporates, politicians and bankers and they're not into taking risks. The ideal plan is to lull people to sleep again while they continue to slowly take over everything. The opportunities that covid provided are fading too quickly and they can't afford for the whole populace to turn against them- which is already happening with their poster boy gone and stark reality setting in. Of course they're not very bright, so who knows?

Link to post
7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

 

Why would they push on something that they know would trigger a fight instead of just keep enacting policies that slowly undermine our rights and freedoms while they make plenty of money? They wouldn't. These people are greedy corporates, politicians and bankers and they're not into taking risks. The ideal plan is to lull people to sleep again while they continue to slowly take over everything. The opportunities that covid provided are fading too quickly and they can't afford for the whole populace to turn against them- which is already happening with their poster boy gone and stark reality setting in. Of course they're not very bright, so who knows?

 

Complete and total control, to answer your question in short.  I learned today from my police officer friend that the AG of our state is pushing for exactly such complete control.  The requirement is for EVERY firearm to require a psychological test, and it is NOT grandfathered/retroactive.  You have 25 firearms?  Guess what, 25 psych tests coming your way if you want a chance to keep them all!  This particular state has gotten worse and worse against one's ability to defend oneself, especially with a firearm.  But then, I knew about the whole "not allowed to defend yourself (even physically)" deal all the way back in high school, so it's nothing new.

That's my point.  Bit by piece, and use every opportunity to grab more.  It IS taking a while to, to quote you 'slowly undermine our rights and freedoms', but that's what they count on, for the reasons you mention, and the simple fact that if you do it slowly, bit by piece, people are less likely to notice.  "Oh, it's just X that they want now, it's not that bad." year after year after year.  It's like the old torture method 'death by a thousand cuts'.  They count on it, too.

And let's not forget the fun fact that those who make our laws are so out of touch with reality in the real world that the current occupant of the White House once stated that 'you only need two shotgun rounds, and that those rounds should go into the air, in order to attract attention'.  This man is just like so many other career politicians in the complete disconnect from everyone elses' day to day living problems.

Link to post
18 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well, so much for that...

 

I choose to look at this as a positive considering the way that the team was behaving. That monster may have needed a stake to the heart.

Link to post
15 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I choose to look at this as a positive considering the way that the team was behaving. That monster may have needed a stake to the heart.

 

Yep. Literal bait and switch.

 

"here's the original team"

 

"the publisher gave the original team again complete creative control"

 

"here's these new great writers 'of diversity', oh by the way all four of the new writers are former #GG game journalists so you KNOW their writing is super top notch"

 

"we're not going to do a straight sequel you know because of all the problematic writing in the first game, so it's a spiritual sequel"

 

"oh and the DLC will be super progressive because if there's one thing about werewolves, it's that theyre super transensitive, especially the ones that were living in the forest for four hundred years, still speak only old english or german and only wear leather"

 

"oh btw we fired the original team, the first game was really problematic"

 

"oh btw we gave the most hypocritical of the #GG writers lead designer and narrative privileges, so you know we're just gonna put out the best game we can"

 

"oh btw our demo will have real time language sensitivity training so that multiplayer doesn't become problematic"

 

Fuck this game, fuck the devs and fuck the publishers. Ever since CCP bought the license they have utterly utterly fucked up everything about the game that made it worth playing at all, and Paradox hasn't done any better.

 

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, 27X said:

 

Yep. Literal bait and switch.

 

"here's the original team"

 

"the publisher gave the original team again complete creative control"

 

"here's these new great writers 'of diversity', oh by the way all four of the new writers are former #GG game journalists so you KNOW their writing is super top notch"

 

"we're not going to do a straight sequel you know because of all the problematic writing in the first game, so it's a spiritual sequel"

 

"oh and the DLC will be super progressive because if there's one thing about werewolves, it's that their super transensitive, especially the ones that were living in the forest for four hundred years, still speak only old english or german and only wear leather"

 

"oh btw we fired the original team, the first game was really problematic"

 

"oh btw we gave the most hypocritical of the #GG writers lead designer and narrative privileges, so you know we're just gonna put out the best game we can"

 

"oh btw our demo will have real time language sensitivity training so that multiplayer doesn't become problematic"

 

Fuck this game, fuck the devs and fuck the publishers. Ever since CCP bought the license they have utterly utterly fucked up everything about the game that made it worth playing at all, and Paradox hasn't done any better.

 

 

 

Ok, these times are crazy enough that I have to ask, are these real comments made by the developer or just funny conjecture on what they really meant?

 

I am very disappointed to hear this news, but maybe that is a good thing since I loved V:TM Redemption and thought V:TM Bloodlines was a cool sequel.   Of course that was before companies started thinking becoming "woke" was a good thing.  OK, I will admit, I still drink Coca Cola in spite of their incredibly dumb "woke" campaign, but I get a pass since it isn't applicable to me.  

 

As to the video, I know it is unlikely, but I wish some developers had brand loyalty and Activision would buy it back and do it right......of course that is as likely as Trioka games or Interplay returning from the past to make this game a worthy successor of V:TM Redemption.

 

On a couple more positive notes, this allows me more time to finish my V:TM mod for FO4 (only have the radio mod out now), and maybe it is better that V:TM remain just those two good games and not be ruined as the woke community has done to so many other great series/movies/games/etc.

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...