What's on your mind?

On 3/5/2021 at 2:55 AM, landess said:

I noticed a huge selection of 'experts react' videos recently and obviously this points to something more laymen are becoming aware of. Just about every example of a craft, discipline, industry, history, etc. touched by 'Hollywood' is so full of BS that it makes one wonder how story telling has become so far fetched.

Shakespearean plays were just as weird. In Hamlet, Claudius pouring poison into his brother's ear is just ineffective. Is this some kind of ear sex? I guess it could be some kind of contact poison but why the ear specifically? Why not just pour the entire thing on his face?

My mouse was lagging on my laptop... I spend hours trying to figure out what was causing the issue (virus, low storage, grasping at straws really) it didn't even occur to me to change the fucking batteries until the next fucking day. ?I am the Carlin skit.

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Shakespearean plays were just as weird. In Hamlet, Claudius pouring poison into his brother's ear is just ineffective. Is this some kind of ear sex? I guess it could be some kind of contact poison but why the ear specifically? Why not just pour the entire thing on his face?

T'was on-the-nose Symbolism or perhaps I should say a symbolic sequence which just went in one ear and out the other?

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

T'was on-the-nose Symbolism or perhaps I should say a symbolic sequence which just went in one ear and out the other?

Symbolism is such a convenient excuse. One could easily say slitting a man's throat is much like playing the bass but I guess symbolism has its charm.

8 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Claudius pouring poison into his brother's ear

Could be a reference to lies, deceit, or other secrets of a destructive nature if thinking allegorically, Although I never got into Shakespeare.

7 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

change the fucking batteries

I have one of those rechargeable Logitec MX series. The plug in is the same as my cellphone, and it has 3 green LEDs on the inside. Very convenient - and when it 'dies', it isn't slow. It's like someone pulled a plug.

9 hours ago, Darkpig said:

It was metaphor.

https://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/hamlet/section4/page/2/#:~:text=Remember that Claudius killed King Hamlet by pouring poison into his ear.&text=As the ghost says in,words to manipulate the truth.

In his advice to Reynaldo, Polonius explicitly develops one of the themes of Hamlet, the idea that words can be used to bend and alter the truth. He explains to Reynaldo how to ask leading questions of Laertes’ acquaintances and how to phrase questions in a way that will seem inoffensive. As with Claudius, who manipulated the royal court with his speech in Act I, scene ii, words become a tool for influencing the minds of others and controlling their perception of the truth. Remember that Claudius killed King Hamlet by pouring poison into his ear. Shakespeare continually illustrates that words can function as poison in the ear as well. As the ghost says in Act I, scene v, Claudius has poisoned “the whole ear of Denmark” with his words (I.v.36). The running imagery of ears and hearing serves as an important symbol of the power of words to manipulate the truth.

Not to suggest there wasn't plenty of weird crap in Shakespeare, but there's some info if you're actually curious.  ^_^

16 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Its a visual play on words.  Poison in the ear alludes to hearing something that is forbidden knowledge that few should know and that by now knowing, you will/must be killed.  Then again this is just my opinion.  People were stupid back then but then again people these days are just as stupid so... MEH!  ANYWAY!, yes there are several poison that if dropped into your ear they can kill you but the time they take to kill you varies.  Or you could just use a really strong acid but the victim would wake up screaming and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

6 minutes ago, Dio_Wolf49 said:

Poison in the ear alludes to hearing something that is forbidden knowledge that few should know and that by now knowing, you will/must be killed.

It could also be a play on the idea of listening to harmful and misleading shit that damages your ability to think clearly and leads you to have harmful and misinformed mentalities. Interpretations and stuff.

5 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

Playing Skyrim, I watch a sabrecat maul two goats and walk away, got me thinking... they're killing for sport, how wasteful.

I wonder how hard it would have been to add in animal consumption... likely extremely. ?

Yeah i wonder how that'd even work in the first place. Do the goat models have be chipped into pieces and transferred inside the sabercat model? Imagine a collision bug during that process where the models just jitter like crazy and fly around the area at the speed of sound lmao.

Belle Delphine on OnlyFans.  Not like I ever had high expectation for a thot but she really REALLY shot her branding in the foot.  If I can see a chaste little riding dildos or getting rogered by her owner then where's the mystery?  It's like Latex Lucy and the face reveal...you ruined it for me.

Sometimes you're minding your own business, looking through pictures of Troll Dolls (don't ask) and something catches your eye......  I don't know which is worse - the fact the woman found this, or that it was ever created to begin with. Stepping back and looking at it with a clear mind - I myself can find the entire concept disturbing. I don't watch news - so maybe this is 'old hat'. Still, it is what it is.

"Dis is what you has, bro."

https://theirishsentinel.com/2020/08/08/hasbro-pulls-new-trolls-doll-after-complaints-that-its-grooming-kids-for-sexual-abuse/

Trolls-Doll-Child-Abuse.png

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Belle Delphine ...you ruined it for me.

To be fair, if she had any real smarts, she wouldn't have to resort to the virtual form of prostitution.  This isn't the Rant thread, so I'll not go off about the SIMPletons that keep paying her.

New users with the same old questions. It's one thing to be there around the beginning while everyone's trying to figure things out and make them work. Something else entirely when not only was said thing figured out, but numerous instructions are littered all over the net. I learned quite a while back that if I have a question about something that's been around for some time, chances are excellent that someone else did too, asked the question already, and got a satisfactory answer that's still relevant today.

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

New users with the same old questions. It's one thing to be there around the beginning while everyone's trying to figure things out and make them work. Something else entirely when not only was said thing figured out, but numerous instructions are littered all over the net. I learned quite a while back that if I have a question about something that's been around for some time, chances are excellent that someone else did too, asked the question already, and got a satisfactory answer that's still relevant today.

Why waste time searching when one can save time by just posting the question with little to no effort and know some poor sympathetic schmuck is going to waste their time posting a long and knowledgeable answer. I'm not sure what's worse - helping idiots instead of instructing them to help themselves (the 'teach a man to fish' proverb), or the fact these 'idiots' aren't really idiots - just a new generation of manipulative bastards never properly weaned from momma's tit.

Sadly "IF" I choose to help, I must give 'good' information so those with a modicum of pride and ambition, finding my info won't end up being sent on a wild goose chase. This stops me from trolling the idiots in a fashion more worthy of the interaction. Here's your fuckin' trophy.....

<Sorry - this qualifies as a post on the rant thread>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From another perspective: These people are born with a smart phone in their hand on a diet of social media. Talk talk talk is all they know. So posting a question they probably KNOW has already been answered gives them a reason to TALK some more, to interact and feel validated with an answer. To get that critical warm and fuzzy feeling only a reply to any post you make can give. MOAR LIKES PLEEZ. <UGH>

Not much better is it?

>> While on the subject of digital communication - Lazy people don't have a need to use anything other than proper english (or your language of choice) now that people aren't being charged per character, the whole reason that shit started to begin with. Ur welcum.

Yeah it's scary to think how lazy people have become. I've known for so long that A) You can't really expect people to do a job right unless you're standing there watching them (no matter how much you pay them). And B) It's actually much better to do it yourself when and if you can because of A. :smirk: