What's on your mind?

12 hours ago, AKM said:

Small fraction, yes, but they are pushing - hard - for a weapon registry

Why would they push on something that they know would trigger a fight instead of just keep enacting policies that slowly undermine our rights and freedoms while they make plenty of money? They wouldn't. These people are greedy corporates, politicians and bankers and they're not into taking risks. The ideal plan is to lull people to sleep again while they continue to slowly take over everything. The opportunities that covid provided are fading too quickly and they can't afford for the whole populace to turn against them- which is already happening with their poster boy gone and stark reality setting in. Of course they're not very bright, so who knows?

7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Why would they push on something that they know would trigger a fight instead of just keep enacting policies that slowly undermine our rights and freedoms while they make plenty of money? They wouldn't. These people are greedy corporates, politicians and bankers and they're not into taking risks. The ideal plan is to lull people to sleep again while they continue to slowly take over everything. The opportunities that covid provided are fading too quickly and they can't afford for the whole populace to turn against them- which is already happening with their poster boy gone and stark reality setting in. Of course they're not very bright, so who knows?

Complete and total control, to answer your question in short.  I learned today from my police officer friend that the AG of our state is pushing for exactly such complete control.  The requirement is for EVERY firearm to require a psychological test, and it is NOT grandfathered/retroactive.  You have 25 firearms?  Guess what, 25 psych tests coming your way if you want a chance to keep them all!  This particular state has gotten worse and worse against one's ability to defend oneself, especially with a firearm.  But then, I knew about the whole "not allowed to defend yourself (even physically)" deal all the way back in high school, so it's nothing new.

That's my point.  Bit by piece, and use every opportunity to grab more.  It IS taking a while to, to quote you 'slowly undermine our rights and freedoms', but that's what they count on, for the reasons you mention, and the simple fact that if you do it slowly, bit by piece, people are less likely to notice.  "Oh, it's just X that they want now, it's not that bad." year after year after year.  It's like the old torture method 'death by a thousand cuts'.  They count on it, too.

And let's not forget the fun fact that those who make our laws are so out of touch with reality in the real world that the current occupant of the White House once stated that 'you only need two shotgun rounds, and that those rounds should go into the air, in order to attract attention'.  This man is just like so many other career politicians in the complete disconnect from everyone elses' day to day living problems.

15 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I choose to look at this as a positive considering the way that the team was behaving. That monster may have needed a stake to the heart.

Yep. Literal bait and switch.

"here's the original team"

"the publisher gave the original team again complete creative control"

"here's these new great writers 'of diversity', oh by the way all four of the new writers are former #GG game journalists so you KNOW their writing is super top notch"

"we're not going to do a straight sequel you know because of all the problematic writing in the first game, so it's a spiritual sequel"

"oh and the DLC will be super progressive because if there's one thing about werewolves, it's that theyre super transensitive, especially the ones that were living in the forest for four hundred years, still speak only old english or german and only wear leather"

"oh btw we fired the original team, the first game was really problematic"

"oh btw we gave the most hypocritical of the #GG writers lead designer and narrative privileges, so you know we're just gonna put out the best game we can"

"oh btw our demo will have real time language sensitivity training so that multiplayer doesn't become problematic"

Fuck this game, fuck the devs and fuck the publishers. Ever since CCP bought the license they have utterly utterly fucked up everything about the game that made it worth playing at all, and Paradox hasn't done any better.

6 hours ago, 27X said:

Yep. Literal bait and switch.

"here's the original team"

"the publisher gave the original team again complete creative control"

"here's these new great writers 'of diversity', oh by the way all four of the new writers are former #GG game journalists so you KNOW their writing is super top notch"

"we're not going to do a straight sequel you know because of all the problematic writing in the first game, so it's a spiritual sequel"

"oh and the DLC will be super progressive because if there's one thing about werewolves, it's that their super transensitive, especially the ones that were living in the forest for four hundred years, still speak only old english or german and only wear leather"

"oh btw we fired the original team, the first game was really problematic"

"oh btw we gave the most hypocritical of the #GG writers lead designer and narrative privileges, so you know we're just gonna put out the best game we can"

"oh btw our demo will have real time language sensitivity training so that multiplayer doesn't become problematic"

Fuck this game, fuck the devs and fuck the publishers. Ever since CCP bought the license they have utterly utterly fucked up everything about the game that made it worth playing at all, and Paradox hasn't done any better.

Ok, these times are crazy enough that I have to ask, are these real comments made by the developer or just funny conjecture on what they really meant?

I am very disappointed to hear this news, but maybe that is a good thing since I loved V:TM Redemption and thought V:TM Bloodlines was a cool sequel.   Of course that was before companies started thinking becoming "woke" was a good thing.  OK, I will admit, I still drink Coca Cola in spite of their incredibly dumb "woke" campaign, but I get a pass since it isn't applicable to me.  

As to the video, I know it is unlikely, but I wish some developers had brand loyalty and Activision would buy it back and do it right......of course that is as likely as Trioka games or Interplay returning from the past to make this game a worthy successor of V:TM Redemption.

On a couple more positive notes, this allows me more time to finish my V:TM mod for FO4 (only have the radio mod out now), and maybe it is better that V:TM remain just those two good games and not be ruined as the woke community has done to so many other great series/movies/games/etc.

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Ok, these times are crazy enough that I have to ask, are these real comments made by the developer or just funny conjecture on what they really meant?

Consider that a satirical recreation of events by 27X.  That is to say, no one ever said those things in those exact terms (not officially anyway), but they probably should have, as then they'd at least have been a bit more honest and direct.  It's really not a bad summary of the mess it's turned into.

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I am very disappointed to hear this news, but maybe that is a good thing since I loved V:TM Redemption and thought V:TM Bloodlines was a cool sequel.   Of course that was before companies started thinking becoming "woke" was a good thing.  OK, I will admit, I still drink Coca Cola in spite of their incredibly dumb "woke" campaign, but I get a pass since it isn't applicable to me.  

The whole 'woke' thing has been so bastardized and co-opted it barely even means anything anymore.  In fact, some major sources no longer consider the term to mean what it originally did (since used back in the 40s during a period of actual social activism) to NOW mean how pretentious someone is about any given social issue buzz.  lol  Priceless.

Personally, I really miss the days when a video game was, y'know... entertainment, and less focus fell on the "OMG!  Let's be sure we don't possibly piss ANYONE off" aspect.  Makes games so washed out and plain once you over-sanitize every possible aspect that's gonna offend ANYONE IMO.  Not to say we should be making things DESIGNED to piss on anyone in particular, but I mean.. it's a freaking GAME people..  I'm pretty sure we can let some of this shit slide and it's fairly unlikely to cause the downfall of society.

Freaking Jack Thompson.  I *knew* we shoulda taken that idiot out way back in the day before he gained all the traction and media attention.  :P

7 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

As to the video, I know it is unlikely, but I wish some developers had brand loyalty and Activision would buy it back and do it right......of course that is as likely as Trioka games or Interplay returning from the past to make this game a worthy successor of V:TM Redemption.

On a couple more positive notes, this allows me more time to finish my V:TM mod for FO4 (only have the radio mod out now), and maybe it is better that V:TM remain just those two good games and not be ruined as the woke community has done to so many other great series/movies/games/etc.

The re-toning is sarcasm, unfortunately there is very little hyperbole to go with said statements, even up to and including giving Garou a tickbox trans option, which if you knew ANYTHING about Garou is literally impossible outside of getting an Incarna Fae, The Great Coyote or a Mummy to do it to/for you... or literally walking the Path of the Wyrm, all of which which not only involves serious Storytelling chops and a literal personalized quest for that Garou, is not a twitter approved checkbox option in any version of WoD, nevermind the reaction of several tribes' breeding and gender traditions regarding a species that is literally going extinct.

The entire reason WoD is still around is the individual Storyteller was the boss of canon, not a corporate marketing account. Going off the normal and expected path was entirely show and absolutely no tell didn't and doesn't cut it. Not having a quest the devs actually had to put work into to become the chosen gender(s) and just having a tick box is half-assed pandery garbage.

The "language sensitivity training" thing is also neither sarcasm nor hyperbole.

17 hours ago, Kitty said:

Consider that a satirical recreation of events by 27X.  That is to say, no one ever said those things in those exact terms (not officially anyway), but they probably should have, as then they'd at least have been a bit more honest and direct.  It's really not a bad summary of the mess it's turned into.

The whole 'woke' thing has been so bastardized and co-opted it barely even means anything anymore.  In fact, some major sources no longer consider the term to mean what it originally did (since used back in the 40s during a period of actual social activism) to NOW mean how pretentious someone is about any given social issue buzz.  lol  Priceless.

Personally, I really miss the days when a video game was, y'know... entertainment, and less focus fell on the "OMG!  Let's be sure we don't possibly piss ANYONE off" aspect.  Makes games so washed out and plain once you over-sanitize every possible aspect that's gonna offend ANYONE IMO.  Not to say we should be making things DESIGNED to piss on anyone in particular, but I mean.. it's a freaking GAME people..  I'm pretty sure we can let some of this shit slide and it's fairly unlikely to cause the downfall of society.

Freaking Jack Thompson.  I *knew* we shoulda taken that idiot out way back in the day before he gained all the traction and media attention.  :P

Penn and Teller actually made a game designed to be the most inoffensive thing possible. That practically guarantees that someone out there found it mortally offensive. 

20 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

What even is going on with this game? Last i heard of it was a year ago and i can barely remember what it was about. I just realized that i'm increasingly falling out of the "online loop" so to speak, very strange feeling to look at people talking about controversies and not getting any of it lol. My premature old man psyche is coming out already and i have mixed feelings.

26 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

I (foolishly) assumed Vampire 2 was going to be like 1.  Me of all people not taking wokeness corrupting everything it touches into account... <_<

Maybe they will allow modding, so we can rip out all the woke stuff and make it a version of Bloodlines that Velvet Velour would be proud of.

46 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

I (foolishly) assumed Vampire 2 was going to be like 1.  Me of all people not taking wokeness corrupting everything it touches into account... <_<

Is that not rather like Spider-Man dismissing a massive tingle of his Spider-Sense by thinking "Ah, it's probably just the wind. Note to self: never eat chili before going out on the town."?

18 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Maybe they will allow modding, so we can rip out all the woke stuff and make it a version of Bloodlines that Velvet Velour would be proud of.

If they're literally making you sign consent forms allowing "violence" online, there is no amount of modding that will fix why this game should not be played.

22 minutes ago, 27X said:

If they're literally making you sign consent forms allowing "violence" online, there is no amount of modding that will fix why this game should not be played.

Agreed.

If nothing else, from everything I've heard so far, it'd be good to keep sales of this thing as low as possible to send a message just how much this sort of thing sucks.  Assuming of course they ever even manage to sort this mess out enough to get a release.

Also, unless something radically changes, it'd probably be simpler at this point to rip the guts out of V:TM-B and build a total conversion of that, rather than think this thing is ever going to approach a state that's even near playable or enjoyable.

Sad, but I admit I did have a sinking feeling this whole project was going to go a really bad direction even back when I first heard of it.

Looking at this review of Vampire- The Masquerade: Bloodlines can give on a reminder that there was no chance that a modern corporate game developer could ever recapture what made that game work so well.

That having been said, it would be better to risk social media 'Cancellation' (ugh, what a pretentious term for making a person or group into a pariah as well as a waste of time since the term Unperson already exists.) than actual cancellation due to not having any developers to make the game.