What's on your mind?

Right now, I am thinking about how important a balanced diet is not only to organic beings, but for power grids. I have seen just how unhealthy it can be to rely too heavily on one fuel source which is still unreliable under even the slightest bit of stress on a regular basis let alone an environmental disaster. 

I have to wonder how much nuclear material is part of a balanced meal, though. 

On 2/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, Mr. Otaku said:

Cool. I do see a lot of translations for mods though. Like here's a french version of this one mod, then there's a german translation for that exact same mod, then a spanish translation, then a portuguese translation followed by a turkish translation. Repeat that process for dozens of mods and you get at least three of them every week lol. I dunno, i just don't have that many mods that i'm interested in all things considered. Maybe i'm too bourgeois when it comes to modding lmao.

Have a good evening.

Dude...

Okay so just to kind of summarize what you're saying, we shouldn't "stop to smell the roses" because:

A) David Letterman is getting canceled.

B) Boe Jiden and Kamal Harrison are the American president and vice president.

C) Travel shows greatly exaggerate the allure of places they visit and people form tribes there and fight with other tribes.

D) People in favelas have terrible living conditions.

E) The owner of Nexus makes more money through ads than premium memberships and google is rather invasive about data collection.

F) Overall many fucked up things happen in the world on a daily basis.

Is this what you're saying? Did i get this right?

I'm saying empty vapid platitudes offered by a literal Nice Guy are just that and should be treated as such. You do you. Just don't get butthurt if your Eternal Sunshine of the Empty Post gets mocked. (the 'you' in this post is not directed at any particular person)

Nexus

If you actually give a shit about your mods, you make a curated torrent not tied to any website, particularly a socially politicked one focused solely on making money.

Just started using COTR a few days ago and I don't know whether I like it or not. As in, if I'm convinced I will start using it for good or go back to sticking to low poly head mesh for character faces. I must say, it's nice to have the eyes and lashes as two separate meshes for once.

10 hours ago, endgame † addiction said:

As in, if I'm convinced I will start using it for good or go back to sticking to low poly head mesh for character faces.

You have two high poly alternatives that I'm aware of:

Citrus and the HP head from the Victor Plexus site.

I've never tried COTR. Used to use Citrus but have been using the VP HPH for 6-12 months (guess).

Right now, I am wondering about just how populated the list would become were I to start a thread about mods which have been abandoned, banned or removed by the author for one reason or another. Would it look more like a multigenerational cemetery, a mass grave or a single densely packed plot?

On 2/19/2021 at 12:37 AM, FauxFurry said:

Right now, I am wondering about just how populated the list would become were I to start a thread about mods which have been abandoned, banned or removed by the author for one reason or another. Would it look more like a multigenerational cemetery, a mass grave or a single densely packed plot?

Banned by LL or a specific site or just in general? Also, just for one game or any game?

6 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Banned by LL or a specific site or just in general? Also, just for one game or any game?

No restrictions whatsoever. It is interesting to see why mods of various kinds end up vanishing into the digital aether regardless of which games the mods were for. 

Take Fallout Frontier for example (not that one could since it is no longer available for download for a variety of reasons. 

I was wondering if there was a type of pants that existed that didn't have buttons or zippers, nor an elastic band, could be loose around your waist, but not have to worry about it being around your ankles. I got 30 of my lymph nodes removed, and they went in from my stomach. I'm wearing the loosest pair of shorts I own, but they still feel painful to wear. I have literal glue keeping my stomach together right now, so the less pressure on it, the better I'd feel. Probably.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, GimmeBACON said:

While I do think there is some legitimacy to what he's saying, I seriously doubt it's as bad as he's saying. These people aren't cold blooded killas- they're bored, whiney shitbirds that love to make other people miserable and no more. The violence that you hear about in the news is instigated by a very tiny fraction of the agitators that we have now roaming the streets- and they were going to be that way no matter what. No one's coming to get anyone in the night cause most of this country is still very heavily armed and pretty trigger happy when we get nervous. That's a fact. 

On 2/21/2021 at 2:20 AM, Azzhat said:

I was wondering if there was a type of pants that existed that didn't have buttons or zippers, nor an elastic band, could be loose around your waist, but not have to worry about it being around your ankles. I got 30 of my lymph nodes removed, and they went in from my stomach. I'm wearing the loosest pair of shorts I own, but they still feel painful to wear. I have literal glue keeping my stomach together right now, so the less pressure on it, the better I'd feel. Probably.

Buy pants that are the next size up and get some good old fashioned suspenders.  

On 2/21/2021 at 5:03 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

The violence that you hear about in the news is instigated by a very tiny fraction of the agitators that we have now roaming the streets- and they were going to be that way no matter what. No one's coming to get anyone in the night cause most of this country is still very heavily armed and pretty trigger happy when we get nervous. That's a fact. 

Small fraction, yes, but they are pushing - hard - for a weapon registry.  A registry that would literally give them a list to go off of when 'Take your weapons of a certain persuasion.' day comes.  "THE LIST says here that you own X, serial number 123XYZ.  Hand it over.  What's that?  No, you lost it in a boating accident?  Well, that's a federal offense, per Statute 12345, off to the Gulag you go!"  Sorry, but the whole 'most of this country is still very heavily armed and pretty trigger happy when we get nervous.' doesn't hold much water in my book.  You must live in a different section of the country than I do.  I remember pictures from the 50's and 60's where both students and staff had their firearms in their vehicles on school property.  There's one of a principle and student standing on the steps of a school, with their rifles, after some idiot called in threatening a school shooting.  Guess who didn't show?  But that won't happen today, because 'firearms are scary', and thus, the mantra today is "Run, Hide, THEN Fight, (The last only if you absolutely must.  Leave that to the government, which, by the time they show up, what will happen, will have already happened.)"  Hell, there's even a movie out by that title now! 

Love the sentiment, but as Mao Zedong stated 'Political power grows from the barrel of a gun', and believe me, the politicians know it, and want an unarmed, untrained, and scared populace that is thus far easier to control.  And they're working inexorably toward that goal.

Case in point:

Watch the statement made from 17:44-18:20.

They are the score keeper in the game because THEY have guns.  If we don't do what they want, they WILL kill us, therefore we WILL play the game, and we WILL play the game on THEIR terms.  It's that simple.  They want that kind of power all to themselves.

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

And why is it that this first came out eight years ago, but we have yet to see any improvement (i.e. the next installment)?  Simple: They learned how to monetize it.  No need to improve upon it, they're raking in the cash right now, continuously.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:40 PM, FauxFurry said:

No restrictions whatsoever. It is interesting to see why mods of various kinds end up vanishing into the digital aether regardless of which games the mods were for. 

Take Fallout Frontier for example (not that one could since it is no longer available for download for a variety of reasons. 

I always thought of it as a call of duty for Fallout type thing but there were certainly some scenes that didn't make sense. I get being a lousy leader but is killing your own wounded soldiers where there are multiple witnesses really worth the bad PR? You'd think it would be easier to just limit the workloads of NCR hospitals for sanity's sake rather than putting down wounded soldiers like dogs. Maybe they were trying to go for a symbolism type deal being military dogs and all that.

19 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I always thought of it as a call of duty for Fallout type thing but there were certainly some scenes that didn't make sense. I get being a lousy leader but is killing your own wounded soldiers where there are multiple witnesses really worth the bad PR? You'd think it would be easier to just limit the workloads of NCR hospitals for sanity's sake rather than putting down wounded soldiers like dogs. Maybe they were trying to go for a symbolism type deal being military dogs and all that.

The word you're looking for to describe the ncr section of the mod is "modderflex".

A modderflex is the mod equivalent of "The Room", just because you can logistically do a thing doesn't mean you should. The NCR campaign is literally devil cp'ing every edgy game moment from every game made in the last ten years and cramming it into bethbryo whether the context was appropriate or not.

Kinda like when that one dude made a star wars movie with a bank heist in it because every movie he's ever made has been a noir movie with completely retarded characters whom are abject maladroit fuck ups.

2 hours ago, 27X said:

The word you're looking for to describe the ncr section of the mod is "modderflex".

A modderflex is the mod equivalent of "The Room" just because you can logstically do a thing doesn't mean you should. The NCR campaign is literally devil cp'ing every edgy game moment from every game made in the last ten years and cramming it into bethbryo whether the context was appropriate or not.

Kinda like when that one dude made a star wars movie with a bank heist in it because every movie he's ever made has been a noir movie with completely retarded characters whom are abject maladroit fuck ups.

Amazing modders... laughably bad playwright. I couldn't even sit through a full playthrough of it.

Still has some good features if they were ever released by themselves.

On 2/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, FauxFurry said:

On a technical level Frontier was pretty good and no more or less buggy than anything Bethesda makes.  Story-wise...It was Fallout4 levels fanfic stupid.