What's on your mind?

On 1/23/2021 at 9:12 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

How the hell do multiple choice quizzes and tests challenge any student to actually learn the material? Usually common sense will eliminate one answer, some light studying will usually eliminate another- leaving only a 33-50% chance of getting it wrong. I remember a time when you had to at least fill in the blank or answer the question outright with no hints whatsoever. I'm all for cutting corners wherever I can, but a person's education is not an area where this should apply. If life doesn't give us convenient multiple choice questions- then why do our educators?

The Amurkkkan education system is to make factory workers and farmhands that can read and follow instructions, not think critically or question status quo. You want to learn anything now, you got to trade school or you learn on your own.

14 minutes ago, Darkening Demise said:

I cannot keep an erection anymore. I can't get one while standing and barely one while sitting. My drive is all but dead. I'm only 26. I think I may have diabetes without knowing it or something else is wrong. I'm not peeing blood, it doesn't burn when I pee. I do not have trouble seeing, breathing, or anything like that. So no cancer? No diabetes? Maybe heart disease?

Could also be a neurological problem. Either that or it is a psychological problem but given your active concern over your health I doubt it. 

Anyway I'm just going by the wiki here so hopefully doctors won't kill me for sending out a fake diagnosis. Speaking of which that does sound like something you should bring up with your doctor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erectile_dysfunction

12 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Could also be a neurological problem. Either that or it is a psychological problem but given your active concern over your health I doubt it. 

Anyway I'm just going by the wiki here so hopefully doctors won't kill me for sending out a fake diagnosis. Speaking of which that does sound like something you should bring up with your doctor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erectile_dysfunction

You could do no worse than Web MD ("its cancer.....and (new for 2020) COVID")

Watched Carpenter's The Thing again after a long while. Still a masterfully paranoia inducing movie with amazing special effects for it's time.

That alien is really fucking stupid though. If a single cell can infect an entire human, as the movies states, it could have easily taken over the entire crew without anyone realizing something was wrong. Guess that would make it a boring movie, though.

But you know, it isn't the monster in that movie that scares me. It's the fact that next year that movie is 40 years old. And i'm one year older than it! :classic_ohmy:

I think the beautiful thing about conspiracy theories are that they tug at the back of your head in some way. You could be listening to some of the wackiest shit from the wackiest guys out there but every now and then they say something that lowkey makes you go "wait a second, i've wondered about that too" or "wait, that actually kinda makes sense. The fuck is happening?" and it's just so fascinating.

Like these for example:

Spoiler

These are obviously satire pieces that are very exaggerated but as you keep listening and laughing your brain starts wondering about what's being said. So is it too surprising that many people end up falling to the deep end of conspiracy theories? Are they stupid or just didn't know when they started taking falsehoods at face values merely because they started questioning even the basic logics? Can it be both? Either one? Neither? Then what's going on? Who's putting those antennas in your brain man? Those microchips are coming, they're here!! They'll be reading your thoughts and sell them to the pasta monsters that live on Mars! Elon! What game are you playing??! Tell me the truth NOW!!

35 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

I swear that truck driver on the third video was Peter Griffin.

LOL oh shit i can't unhear it now. This is their plan people, the Gates foundation are funded by time travelling reptilians who travel to fictional universes and pose as inconspicuous members of the homosapien society! I've figured it all out! Now excuse me, i'm off to make a video on youtube uncovering the secrets hidden for so long by the Elite™.

Now this will be a ride full of fear and LOVE! Do you hear me???!

lol

Why is it that my mind tends to go blank after working really hard?  A co-worker of mine told me she is taking an English class and I just kept telling her "try to have fun it" but I couldn't think of any of my amazing examples from the over 100 college papers I've written.  Well... the only 2 ideas of fun that came to mind was the time I wrote about anime for college paper and the semester where I added a joke about cannibalism in every paper I wrote.  Yes, those 2 ideas came to mind but I couldn't mention or suggest them because I've already told her about the cannibalism jokes and she doesn't like anime.  However, even now I struggle to think of the fun things I wrote about to turn my college papers from boring projects into fun ones.

So...must be my brain acting up again, or I'm tired.

Burning question on my mind; Win 7 (primary) and Win 10 (2nd) dual-boot with separate SSD's or Win 7 with Win 10 as Guest Virtual Machine?

Would like to keep Win 7 Pro 64 bit as my primary OS, but would also like to have access to DX12 exclusive games (like Horizon Zero Dawn) with a new GPU....say a GTX 2060 or higher.

Too much conflicting info on what will work best (Google, Tech 'Pro' sites, Reddit, ...ad nauseum).

@GimmeBACON -- Your Sig reflects how I see myself today --- ?

14 minutes ago, Chbaakal said:

So...must be my brain acting up again, or I'm tired.

Burning question on my mind; Win 7 (primary) and Win 10 (2nd) dual-boot with separate SSD's or Win 7 with Win 10 as Guest Virtual Machine?

Would like to keep Win 7 Pro 64 bit as my primary OS, but would also like to have access to DX12 exclusive games (like Horizon Zero Dawn) with a new GPU....say a GTX 2060 or higher.

Too much conflicting info on what will work best (Google, Tech 'Pro' sites, Reddit, ...ad nauseum).

@GimmeBACON -- Your Sig reflects how I see myself today --- ?

Why not Just get a 1080ti i mean, it's basically a 2080. and it's probably easier to find one second hand and in stock! ;) 

49 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

Why not Just get a 1080ti i mean, it's basically a 2080. and it's probably easier to find one second hand and in stock! ;) 

Well, the cost of a new GPU is not really an issue, ATM. Right now, I've been running Cyberpunk on a 1060 6GB card without major issues (medium/high settings).

But a friend of mine gifted me HZD on GOG; however she didn't remember I use Win 7, not 10. And unless there's a workaround for playing the game on a Win 7 OS, I'd be SOL until I find the best solution for 'dealing' with Windows 10.

31 minutes ago, Chbaakal said:

Well, the cost of a new GPU is not really an issue, ATM. Right now, I've been running Cyberpunk on a 1060 6GB card without major issues (medium/high settings).

But a friend of mine gifted me HZD on GOG; however she didn't remember I use Win 7, not 10. And unless there's a workaround for playing the game on a Win 7 OS, I'd be SOL until I find the best solution for 'dealing' with Windows 10.

To be honest i would have W10 as OS & W7 as the virtual. it would be safer.

Losing my passion to share music is what is going on my mind right now. if the music is so dangerous that it reaches global status, thats when you start to realize how much time you have invested in looking up thoes artists and loving theyre compositions. what a shame.

On 2/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, endgame † addiction said:

We need to go back to sane justice and not this court of public opinion BS. And the only way that will happen is a fair justice system and not a biased one.

There are only two cases of court justice being subject to public opinion. One is after the regular court with a judge fails or when playing a game of Among Us.

Spoiler

95% of cases don't even reach court at all.

Everyone loves the rush of being caught up in something larger than themselves. Unfortunately many times "caught up in" means utterly clueless as to the focus and direction of that something and powerless to control it. Just doin' shit 'cause you can is a high that gives diminishing returns for greater risk/effort the longer it continues and usually ends with an extreme backlash that will scar you for the rest of your life. Find solid ground to call home, nurture and protect it and you will have the meaning and purpose in life that has eluded you.

I just remembered this from a few years ago.

There's a popular mod author on Skyrim Nexus known for making female followers. She made a female based off a real life person she meet in her home country. In the description she talks about who she is and what she does, a super model who she happens to admire.

In the comments her simp fans were asking when she would release a follower based on her real life appearance. She replied to them saying she would but she doesn't like the fact that there are perverted mods out there and what people will end up doing to it if she made the mod. I replied to her comment "That's funny because you wouldn't like that to be done to you, but you have no problem creating a character based off of someone whom you respect and look up to". Later on she hid or deleted my comment and her simp followers cheered her on for defending herself. Some people...

or you can just say taoxue.

Meanwhile in Hi, I'm reality and what's your name, the CDC admitted today 19 micron masks are jack shit worthless at stopping Covid spread and their sage and time tested advice is...

wear two masks.

You cannot make this shit up.