Sanity Framework

View File

Sanity Framework 2.09 (Tentacle Final Release).

Description:

The story thus far... You are the sole survivor, and you just left the vault with the burden of the loss of your son, the loss of your spouse, and the end of the world.   How can you possibly help them if you can't help yourself?  Dread grips your mind and heart as you explore Wonderland, or now, Wasteland, just like Alice.  You find cryptic messages leading you around the ruins of the Commonwealth.  The more you follow these leads, the less you care about the problems in the world around you.  Your choices will ultimately decide your fate.  Your spouse, your son, your world is gone now.  And deep down you know, nothing will end well.

Tentacle Release:

A new form of nightmare has manifested itself in the Commonwealth, as if your little mind could bear anymore.  You've heard whispers of tentacles attacking people for no known reason.   The story begins to unfold as your sanity dwindles.

Please see release notes below for 2.09.  PLEASE SAVE BEFORE INSTALLING.

MCM Options Explained: 

Spoiler

All aspects of the tentacles are managed via the MCM > Beastess Menu.  The plugin will auto enable if it loaded, but can be disabled in the MCM.  MCM are:

• Enable Tentacles: This will turn off/on tentacle attacks
  • Tentacle Type:  Choose what type of tentacles appear - Brain, Plant, Mech, Normal, and Random
  • Max Number of Tentacles: This is the maximum number of tentacles to spawn.  Between 1 and this number will randomly be chosen
  • Ignore Pregnancy:  If Family Planning Enhanced or Family Planning Enhanced Redux are installed, it will ignore if the player is pregnant.  However, if this is checked and the tentacles are enabled, they will subtly torment the player, but not actually appear.
  • Tentacle Pregnancy Chance:  If FPE/FPER are enabled, this is the chance that the tenacles will impregnate the character with a random race.  All DLC are considered.  Note, this also governs whether FPE/FPER cumflation happens from tentacle pregnancy.  Cumflation will only be applied up to the 2nd month of pregnancy to avoid odd deflation body morphs
  • Dark Gift Chance:  Currently there is only one I've created thus far, but this is the chance you'll be given a consumable after an attack.  Shokushu Potion restores sanity.
  • Tentacle Attack Chance: This the chance an attack will happen within the cooldown.
  • Tentacle Hours to Wait: This is how many game hours the script will wait before trying another attack.
  • How Long will Sex Last: This is the length of the AAF Animation.
  • Chance for Aggressive Spawn: After an attack, the player is bloated with thick slime.  As it oozes out, this is the chance it will spawn an aggressive tentacle.  It will attack the player again, using the Animated Tentacles base logic.  However, it will die after 3 minutes on its own.
  • Force a Tentacle Attack:  This will ignore all regular checks, except for the Chance and Time limits. (i.e. will spawn regardless of certain conditions, such as in combat, in a scene, etc.)

Hard Requirements:

Mod Integration: There are several key mods I intend to integrate with that will affect sanity.  The following are planned to date:

Recommended Mods:  These Mods are my personal favourites, and they do add to the immersive experience. Not at all necessary. 

• AAF SexEmUp: by @EgoBallistic Nice for light prostitution and other sex approaches
  • Raider Pet by @stobor This mod is the best at abduction for raiders. RSE hasn't been updated in a while and causes many issues unfortunately.
  • Devious Devices: by @Kimy I'm sure everyone has this, but it warrants a mention.
  • Real Handcuffs by @Kharos Again, goes without saying.
  • AAF Tattoo After Rape by @twistedtrebla This is perfect for the Sanity Framework as a reminder of what has happened to the Player over time.  (I will post recommended settings)
  • AAF Bad-End: Purgatory: By Ego.  I love this mod because there are so many things you could do with sanity on this.  I may do an integration once I work through the other things.
  • AAF Autonomy Enhanced Redux: By @Invictusblade At first it seemed silly that NPCs were randomly having sex, but when you think about it, what else do they have to do?
  • Captive Tattoos by @JB. These are a must for Tattoo after Rape, and to be realistic with Hardship

Photo71.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/07/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    See Installation.

Edited by Sthan Dust
Grammar
12 hours ago, VexFlorez said:

What does this even do? Would be great to have a description for a mod you are making.

Until the new mod page is updated with more details, it's safe to assume it encompasses at least the features from the previous mod (also linked in the description currently).

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Until the new mod page is updated with more details, it's safe to assume it encompasses at least the features from the previous mod (also linked in the description currently).

Yes thank you!  I added a link earlier.  I've been knee deep in coding the last two days! 

I am always open to new ideas and directions.  I'm just throwing pasta at the wall right now to see what sticks.  I enjoy this universe, so requests are always welcome.

Almost finished maths now.  Tomorrow I should be done with the maths.

The Book of Dust
by Sthan Dust
Chapter 2
I read a lot as a child. Awkward to say the least -- sleight, plain and simple. Books were an escape for me, before the bombs fell. And now I live as if I am in a book, a very terrifying book. But I've been about for some time now, learning the ways of it all. It seems sad to me that so much was lost, or erased. The corporations were more interested in preserving their secrets of war, deception, and extortion, rather than the secrets of life itself.
But ironically, books are the only way I can communicate with you. I feel you as you try to survive, preserving the last vestiges of your sanity. We are connected. Even now, I can almost feel you breathing just behind my right ear, waiting patiently for me to leave another sign that you aren't alone, despite all those around you. The ones that will only use you, as they do.
Run here, fetch that, kills this. Fuck this!
I am here to tell you that you are not alone, there are others here too. But for now, I will be at your side whenever you need me the most, I will lend you my strengths and insight. This world is frightening, but we too are frightening.
I've left some supplies for you in this little shack on what was once a beautiful pond. In this shack, one of the greatest literary minds of our time ponder existence itself.
The bombs did more than tear holes in the ground, they tore holes through time and space. I've caught glimpses of it in my dreams, your dreams. A space between time and place. Somehow, I am able to leave you bits in these books, if I find the correct place where the threads of fate hold our universe together, delicate like the spider's web.
Alex has reactivated something he calls "Mother". He seems to think he can gain some inside from an older program that was active before and after the bombs fell. If we can understand what led us here, we might find breadcrumbs back to where we began. Soon.
We will be searching the Library next. If we find something, we will leave you a note in the Rabbit Hole.
"Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations." - Thoreau

Chapter Two:

Sthan: *looked at the man across from her, silent*

Man: Well, what's this all about, are you afraid? Make a peep?

Sthan: *narrowed her eyes at the man, then stuck out the bit of flesh that used to be her tongue. *

Man: Fuck's sake...

Sorry Loves,

I need a few more days.  I had to find a small issue with the Depression, Grief, and Alignment values.  All fixed now. Also, MCM was being mental, so I had to retool a few things.

I've edited, expanded quite a bit of the books.  The new Quest will lead you to the books in proper order.  There are three kinds of books.  Splinter Books, Lore Books and Rubbish books.

There are 8 Splinter books. Each will start a new quest (Not all in v 2.0, the quest system is such a slog.  Ugh.)  The Lore Books bestow perks for sanity. Rubbish books are just rubbish ravings of Sthan and the others.

There are over 40 in total, and will increase.  These will be available for 2.0.  I have about 300 planned for the various chapters.

As most of you know, I don't release unless I feel I have no bugs.  I'm a bit mental about that. :)

Have a wonderful week! ❤️

Also, those new to the mod. I do have a playlist on Youtube I add to constantly. no need to like and follow. Its public.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19DljlCiVmw9mpGklDFLnRVI_hfaJbIa

Looking forward to the progress on this.  I also use Sim Settlements 2 mods, I wonder how interesting it would be to be dealing with these issues while trying to make the commonwealth a better place.  I may just have to start  a new game and test it out with Sim Settlements 2.

Edited by Boceifus
  • 2 weeks later...

Good evening, all!   I apologise for being away so long.  Work has been dreadful the last few weeks.  However, I have been working on the release.  A bunch of the mods I depend on had some significant changes, so I wanted to make sure I didn't break anything.  (I also took a short break to play the new No Man's Sky Expedition, which is bloody brilliant).

Adding the "Book Quests" has been a bit of a chore, (CK really needs an update).  But you will have several new quests related to finding the books and uncovering the story that unfolds.  The quests will not lead you right to the book, but the general vicinity.  

I've reworked the entire attribution system for sanity attributes. (Adding in TSex, Hardship, and the Sex Attributes updates).   I've created more recipes, many new books, and new "Splinter Skills".  I have 5 mods fully integrated into the system.  So many ways to go delightfully mad now.

Thank you for bearing with me.  As always, I remain committed to keeping this mod going.  I am finishing up the core content and quests, then I shall release.  After that, the next release will be more about new locations to expand the story.  Levels take quite a bit of time, not as fast as I'd like to go, but I'm making progress.

Soon!  I promise!

❤️❤️❤️ 

On 7/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, Boceifus said:

Looking forward to the progress on this.  I also use Sim Settlements 2 mods, I wonder how interesting it would be to be dealing with these issues while trying to make the commonwealth a better place.  I may just have to start  a new game and test it out with Sim Settlements 2.

I would love for you to tell me if there are any collisions. I've not played Sim Settlements 2, but I intend to.  My mod shouldn't cause any collisions with those mods.  I've tried to stay away from placing items in areas that are heavily modded by the community.

23 hours ago, erynyes said:

Really looking forward for this future release, it's an interesting mod concept that will complement the Harship experience, keep working at your own pace, i'll wait patiently ?

Thank you so much.  I try to move faster, but I would hate to release buggy material. Good news: we have several more years of the Fallou 4 engine.  Bad News; we have several more years of the Fallou 4 engine.  ??

Thank you So much for sticking with me :)❤️❤️❤️ 

7 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

Thank you so much.  I try to move faster, but I would hate to release buggy material. Good news: we have several more years of the Fallou 4 engine.  Bad News; we have several more years of the Fallou 4 engine.  ??

Thank you So much for sticking with me :)❤️❤️❤️ 

Loved the idea of this mod and Im looking forward to the next update. Also a quick question (sorry to be a bother), the random thoughts that my character is meant to have don't appear for me. I assume they appear as dialogue where the subtitles are, but no matter what setting I put the frequency of the thoughts on, they never seem to show. 

Just now, EliteCeltic said:

Loved the idea of this mod and Im looking forward to the next update. Also a quick question (sorry to be a bother), the random thoughts that my character is meant to have don't appear for me. I assume they appear as dialogue where the subtitles are, but no matter what setting I put the frequency of the thoughts on, they never seem to show. 

Yes I have those turn on in the "General Subtitles" setting.  If you are not seeing them, it may be a localisation problem.  

You see no subtitles at all? ❤️ 

Just now, Sthan Dust said:

Yes I have those turn on in the "General Subtitles" setting.  If you are not seeing them, it may be a localisation problem.  

You see no subtitles at all? ❤️ 

When I first downloaded the mod, they seemed to appear as normal but then all of a sudden they just stopped appearing. I've always had subtitles on by default anyway (cause I get distracted sometimes) so im not sure if its maybe another mod I've downloaded or if its a bug im dealing with.