11 hours ago, Boceifus said:

Awww.. .  you lost me at tentacles :/  Good luck :) 

Just disable, or don't install the tentacles.  It should not error out regardless.  

The tentacles are a part of a longer story with Lovecraftian tones.  But to each their own! ❤️

Afternoon everyone!

Please let me know if you have any issues.  I am working on the final release, coming either this evening or tomorrow.

Also I forgot to mention, there is a chance to gain "Shokushu" after a tentacle attack. This restores some sanity, but at a cost.

New features to come if you want know:

Spoiler

-- After a tentacle attack, player is filled with slime from the tentacles.  This drips out over a short period of time.  There is a chance (controlled in MCM) that an Aggressive Tentacle will spawn.  Aggressive tentacles will attack anyone going near them.  It will die after 3 minutes in the game, so it doesn't persist

-- New Location: End of the Line -- There is a new book if you can find it.  It will appear on your map.  Look around the area carefully.  

-- Beast(ess) quest will grant perks if you decide to follow what's going on with that.

-- More Dark Gifts from the Tentacles.

-- Minor bug fixes from user input since last night.

-- Two new Splinters are being introduced.

For those using the Animated Tentacles mod, any thoughts on how I implemented?  I wish there was a consistent way to find out location information.  For instance, I would like Mech Tentacles to spawn in cities, Plant Tentacles in the forest, etc.

As always, thank you for your support! ❤️❤️

38 minutes ago, ecastellvi said:

Hi. Tentacles seem to be not working for me. I have them enabled, chance of an attack at 100 and time before attacks at 1 and it's been a couple of days in game and not a tentacle showed up. When forced the tentacles work fine, except for the occasional floating ghoul's head... 

Yes, I am fixing that tonight.  The floating ghoul head happened to me today.  I got it sorted.  Silly Creation Kit.  It wasn't resetting the fake race I was using to set for pregnancy. 

There are a few things that will stop a random attack. If you are in combat, if you are talking, if you are a Ghost, etc...

I had to set the Ghost check to keep it from spawning during an existing AAF_Violate scene.  That made everything go mental.

I'll be releasing an update here shortly.  Thanks for letting me know!

1 hour ago, Sthan Dust said:

Yes, I am fixing that tonight.  The floating ghoul head happened to me today.  I got it sorted.  Silly Creation Kit.  It wasn't resetting the fake race I was using to set for pregnancy. 

There are a few things that will stop a random attack. If you are in combat, if you are talking, if you are a Ghost, etc...

I had to set the Ghost check to keep it from spawning during an existing AAF_Violate scene.  That made everything go mental.

I'll be releasing an update here shortly.  Thanks for letting me know!

I've waited several hours in the wild and still no tentacles.

Also, no pregnancy after forced tentacle attack, I don't know if forced are no supposed to have full functionality, but the probability slider seems to no be overriding FPE.

Just now, ecastellvi said:

I've waited several hours in the wild and still no tentacles.

Also, no pregnancy after forced tentacle attack, I don't know if forced are no supposed to have full functionality, but the probability slider seems to no be overriding FPE.

Can you PM you debug log?  I just posted a bunch of fixes.  There was an issue with MCM not recognising FPE was installed, that's one bit.  

I've just tested the wait function and it seems to be working perfectly.

Also, did you do a clean save or an existing save?  The amount of fixes I made really require a clean save. Either a new save before SF was installed, or disabling the mod, and cleaning the save with Resaver.  I'm happy to walk you through the process.

But try the new fixes first.  Also make sure that SD_Beastess is running using sqv SD_Beastess.  The forced function will work regardless if the quest is running or not.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

Can you PM you debug log?  I just posted a bunch of fixes.  There was an issue with MCM not recognising FPE was installed, that's one bit.  

I've just tested the wait function and it seems to be working perfectly.

Also, did you do a clean save or an existing save?  The amount of fixes I made really require a clean save. Either a new save before SF was installed, or disabling the mod, and cleaning the save with Resaver.  I'm happy to walk you through the process.

But try the new fixes first.  Also make sure that SD_Beastess is running using sqv SD_Beastess.  The forced function will work regardless if the quest is running or not.

Thank you!

The issues I was having were on a fresh save, I stil havel not tried the new fixes, I'll do a fresh run for some time and will tell you.

When I answered you I wasn't aware that you had already posted the fixes. 

35 minutes ago, ecastellvi said:

The issues I was having were on a fresh save, I stil havel not tried the new fixes, I'll do a fresh run for some time and will tell you.

When I answered you I wasn't aware that you had already posted the fixes. 

No worries!  Just make sure the quests are running.  I had a glitch with MCM causing things to stop running when I moved all the settings to Globals.  That should be fixed now.

❤️

Just as an aside, other than getting into Rabbit Hole, it doesn't matter what order you find the books.

Each book just gives you a new Sanity Perk.  But the story is more enjoyable is you move in the order of clues. 

❤️  Did I mention I hate quest markers?

3 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

No worries!  Just make sure the quests are running.  I had a glitch with MCM causing things to stop running when I moved all the settings to Globals.  That should be fixed now.

❤️

Ok, so... Tentacles are working now. Had an issue when they caught me walking back in power armor from Concord to red rocket and when they left the power armor mesh was a mess, but I guess that's a general problem when AAF needs you to exit the power armor. Dark gift is working too (It wasn't for me), but still no pregnancy, even with the slider on 100, I'm still getting normal or even less than normal FPE chances. Even so, Beat(ess) Values is still reporting that I got pregnant 8 times, don't know what does it take for a pregnancy, but in my mind, there shouldn't be a way to get pregnant 8 times walking from Sanctuary to Diamond City, but I recon tentacles can be weird...

Also, on the debug section, the Morph Report button does not report anything.

Anyway, that's all for tonight, great work on the mod and thanks for your work!

By Sthan Dust, hi. Maybe you can change the way the tentacles appear from a guaranteed appearance under you to a more predictable one. For example, if I'm going to search corpses, or if I'm walking next to a skeleton or rummaging through containers, it's more immersive.

The last time I was caught by an event with tentacles right in battle, it's a little uncomfortable, the situation above will exclude such cases.

Edited by blinkmoth

Hey there,

I follow the development of your mod for quite a while now and was a bit reluctant to install it, because I wasn't really sure what it would do to my already overloaded list of mods with lots of heavy skripts already.
But when I saw the tentacles integrated there was nothing stopping me anymore :D

So far I really like the mod (have like 2 to 3 hours with it) and I really like how much care you take to make it working as smooth as possible.
And for me it does just that :)

So, thanks a lot for all your effort and passion you put into this!
And for sharing it with us!

Oh...one question I have:
Of course I found the Rabbit Hole in Concord.
But no matter how often I sneak through its streets:
I can't find "Alices House".
Am I just...not getting something?
(wouldn't surprise me too much, really :D)

17 hours ago, blinkmoth said:

By Sthan Dust, hi. Maybe you can change the way the tentacles appear from a guaranteed appearance under you to a more predictable one. For example, if I'm going to search corpses, or if I'm walking next to a skeleton or rummaging through containers, it's more immersive.

The last time I was caught by an event with tentacles right in battle, it's a little uncomfortable, the situation above will exclude such cases.

Yes I am working having it appear more naturally.  They should NOT pop up in battle, because it is supposed to check if you are in Combat.

I'll take a look at that. :)  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

4 hours ago, JonX67 said:

Hey there,

I follow the development of your mod for quite a while now and was a bit reluctant to install it, because I wasn't really sure what it would do to my already overloaded list of mods with lots of heavy skripts already.
But when I saw the tentacles integrated there was nothing stopping me anymore :D

So far I really like the mod (have like 2 to 3 hours with it) and I really like how much care you take to make it working as smooth as possible.
And for me it does just that :)

So, thanks a lot for all your effort and passion you put into this!
And for sharing it with us!

Oh...one question I have:
Of course I found the Rabbit Hole in Concord.
But no matter how often I sneak through its streets:
I can't find "Alices House".
Am I just...not getting something?
(wouldn't surprise me too much, really :D)

Alice's House is the rabbit hole ;)

Alice in Wonderland is one of my major inspirations. 

I'm so glad you are enjoying the mod.  Yes, my scripts are very very tight, and I am always improving them.  I am running about 200 mods on my game, so I know performance is everything!

Cheers ❤️

17 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Alice's House is the rabbit hole ;)

Alice in Wonderland is one of my major inspirations. 

I'm so glad you are enjoying the mod.  Yes, my scripts are very very tight, and I am always improving them.  I am running about 200 mods on my game, so I know performance is everything!

Cheers ❤️

Thank you!
I already suspected that the Rabbit Hole and Alice House are the same place, but wasn't sure because they are mentioned as two different locations for clues in the MCM (yeah, I read the clues :D )

However, not sure if it's a problem with this mod or with one of the other skripted additions, but it seems as if after a while in the game the tentacles wont show up anymore.
The mod itself seems to work, because I am still getting the inner monologues,...but that's it.
And before they stopped to appear the tentacles didn't show up as tentacles in an AAF scene, but as all kind of other characters and creatures (human, behemoth, Supermutant...)

They where still called "tentacles" in the actore field of AAF but the shape was different.

11 minutes ago, JonX67 said:

Thank you!
I already suspected that the Rabbit Hole and Alice House are the same place, but wasn't sure because they are mentioned as two different locations for clues in the MCM (yeah, I read the clues :D )

However, not sure if it's a problem with this mod or with one of the other skripted additions, but it seems as if after a while in the game the tentacles wont show up anymore.
The mod itself seems to work, because I am still getting the inner monologues,...but that's it.
And before they stopped to appear the tentacles didn't show up as tentacles in an AAF scene, but as all kind of other characters and creatures (human, behemoth, Supermutant...)

They where still called "tentacles" in the actore field of AAF but the shape was different.

Yes! I am uploading a patch for this.  Its a creation kit bug.  In order to do a random impreg, it momentarily change the race so FPE pregnancy can take over.

This will be fixed later today.  Just finishing some more testing

Sorry about that!

1 hour ago, Sthan Dust said:

Yes! I am uploading a patch for this.  Its a creation kit bug.  In order to do a random impreg, it momentarily change the race so FPE pregnancy can take over.

This will be fixed later today.  Just finishing some more testing

Sorry about that!

No problem at all, really!
I'm very aware that the mod is still in progress :)

And I kind of fixed the issue for now by trying to force a tentacle attack (just to see if they work in principle) and that works.
(I've set waiting to zero and likeliness to 100).
And since that trial the tentacle are showing up again like they did before (and so far no wrong creature :) )

And, thanks again for your efforts!!

6 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Ah! So that's why after being attacked by the tentacles I sometimes heard a Deathclaw growling or a Gorilla gibbering. I thought I was losing my own sanity (not that there's much to lose anyway....) ?

51 minutes ago, ecastellvi said:

Ah! So that's why after being attacked by the tentacles I sometimes heard a Deathclaw growling or a Gorilla gibbering. I thought I was losing my own sanity (not that there's much to lose anyway....) ?

How do you know that you are truly sane?  You chose to play the mod.  ?

"Do you read Sutter Cane?"