1 minute ago, Sthan Dust said:

How do you know that you are truly sane?  You chose to play the mod.  ?

"Do you read Sutter Cane?"

That's why I said there was not much to lose anyway... and puhleese at this point Sutter Cane is for rookies... ?

Are you planning on doing more integration with Sex Attributes? Because it would seem that the tentacles attacks at least should leave some trauma on the poor survivor, and besides the tear and wear, there's no impact on the mental state of the character.

53 minutes ago, ecastellvi said:

That's why I said there was not much to lose anyway... and puhleese at this point Sutter Cane is for rookies... ?

Are you planning on doing more integration with Sex Attributes? Because it would seem that the tentacles attacks at least should leave some trauma on the poor survivor, and besides the tear and wear, there's no impact on the mental state of the character.

But In the Mouth of Madness is the best! ?? "Did I ever tell you my favourite colour is blue?  Look around when you wake up." 

Yes, Sex Attributes is already included in the sanity equations.  I am still working on perk integration.  SA Trauma is short term, my trauma will be long term, which contributes to permanent, uncurable sanity damage.  

Please, any ideas you have are very welcome.  I am integrating with most of the mods listed on the Required or Suggested list for the mod.  FPE and WLD already govern the pregnancy things.  The Tentacles was completely new, so I am still adding features to that, and a story.

Please stand by. :)

???

Evening All:

I did some bug fixes, especially fixing the persistent race issue on the tentacles.  2.03 is live in the downloads

I am adding a few more things to the main framework in the next few days.  I will then spend time on Autonomy Enhanced, which will also incorporate Sanity Framework.  I can use the mod to also distribute Sanity Attributes to NPCs.  That's a bit away, but that's where i am going.  (In addition to fixing any issues remaining)

Again, thank you for the feedback and continued support :)

???

On 2/23/2023 at 12:16 AM, maddadicusrex said:

Can I change the tentacles to all green in FO4Edit? Not a fan of the different flavors. Thanks..

Hi there!  I will be uploading a new version that allows you to pick which tentacle type you want, or use the random function

It will be in v2.04

❤️

On 2/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, leduss said:

hello stan

just one question if you will:

does your mod have a trigger restriction in colonies or at least in workshop/construction mod?

cordially

It does not.  I can add that as a feature if it is needed. :)

New version is up!  Feedback is always appreciated!

-- Added new MCM options to choose what type of tentacles you want to spawn.

-- Added new MCM options for max number of tentacles to spawn

-- Added a new book in Diamond City, the clue is in the MCM

-- Added a new book and location.  There is a map marker, and a clue in the MCM

-- Added new framework for managing mental conditions

-- Fixed a bunch of small bugs

-- Improved some performance on scripts

-- Added new Factions for managing various aspects of the Player's psyche.

-- Wolves are now coming to the Commonwealth.  This is the beginning to a new storyline

Hi, Sthan :) This is a very cool direction you're taking your mod.

On a side note, and you may have already noticed, the MCM value for setting the max number of tentacles does not work. It always defaults to 1.

I searched global variables ("help beast 3") to see if I could find one for max number of tentacles and could not fine one. So I think the global variable might be missing.

SD_Beastless_tentacal_Spawn_Count GlobalVariable is definitely Missing 100% shows <<Default:None>>  and nothing is found on the GlobalVariable Dropdown List

• Also it may just be me but 9 times out a 10 no tenticals spawn and all the PC does is a little solo dance. 
  • Might be causing issues with fast travel- I am noticing longer load times because it is loading the quest for tentacle attack (but never any tentacles she just solo dances with messages saying being stripped by tentacles)
  • The secondary attack works just fine

Edited by 3dsilverfox

Hi everyone,

So sorry, I did miss the spawn count variable issue.  CK didn't properly load it, but I believe it is fixed now.

The no tentacle spawning issue and sometimes clothing not being removed is related to how fast the animation starts.  I am investigating this now.

I've uploaded 2.05 to fix the Spawn Count issue.

I'll see about getting the other issue fixed very soon.  ❤️

19 hours ago, ecastellvi said:

Dos this new version demand a fresh save?

Also are those the same wolves that were lurking near the End of the Line in the previous version?

Not at all.  It should load new variables seamlessly now.

Yes, the wolves are the same.  They are a part of a storyline I am getting to release with relation to the new book you may or may not have found in that area :)

9 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, Sthan :) This is a very cool direction you're taking your mod.

On a side note, and you may have already noticed, the MCM value for setting the max number of tentacles does not work. It always defaults to 1.

I searched global variables ("help beast 3") to see if I could find one for max number of tentacles and could not fine one. So I think the global variable might be missing.

Thank you so much!  I'm very much enjoying developing it.  I have so much content coming.  I wanted to get the tentacles sorted before I focus on the next round of stories and player abilities.

I fixed the Global Variable issue and uploaded the new version today.  2.05

Thank you so much for your support!

59 minutes ago, 3dsilverfox said:

SD_Beastless_tentacal_Spawn_Count GlobalVariable is definitely Missing 100% shows <<Default:None>>  and nothing is found on the GlobalVariable Dropdown List

• Also it may just be me but 9 times out a 10 no tenticals spawn and all the PC does is a little solo dance. 
  • Might be causing issues with fast travel- I am noticing longer load times because it is loading the quest for tentacle attack (but never any tentacles she just solo dances with messages saying being stripped by tentacles)
  • The secondary attack works just fine

I've fixed the Global Variable issue. This was causing no tentacles to spawn for sure.  

Let me know if it happens again.  I think some of these issues are sequencing.

I also need to look into how to delay the tentacle attack after fast travel.  For me, it works properly after a fast travel, but it might not be the ideal time for an attack.

Thank you for the information :)

Alright.  I have fixed the fast travel issue.  If the Tentacle attack is queued to fire after the fast travel, it will cancel and wait for the next cycle.  

I will release it later this evening as I want to add some new things to the mod related to the storyline.

Any other issues you have, please feel free to post here or DM me.

Thank you again for your support! ❤️

10 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

Alright.  I have fixed the fast travel issue.  If the Tentacle attack is queued to fire after the fast travel, it will cancel and wait for the next cycle.  

I will release it later this evening as I want to add some new things to the mod related to the storyline.

Any other issues you have, please feel free to post here or DM me.

Thank you again for your support! ❤️

GOOD Job and Thank you for this awesome MOD!!

Is there a way to prevent tentacles from spawning in interior cells? Had a few spawn on the interior of DC's walls in Diamond City Outskirts.

Also had issue with the tentacles spawned from the "juice" on the ground completing the AFF animation. It terminated early.

In this cell. Right next to the fire barrel in the center of the pic.

22798-3-1489789685.jpg

Edited by jbezorg
22 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

Is there a way to prevent tentacles from spawning in interior cells? Had a few spawn on the interior of DC's walls in Diamond City Outskirts.

Also had issue with the tentacles spawned from the "juice" on the ground completing the AFF animation. It terminated early.

22798-3-1489789685.jpg

Yes.  I will add this as well.  Interior cells create a lot of issues with these.  

The Aggressive Tentacles that are spawned should die after 3 game minutes.  However, they original mod lets them spawn others.  I can do a check to have it kill all tentacles after the animation.

Let me look into this! Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

I can do a check to have it kill all tentacles after the animation.

Sthan, might it be possible to delay killing or respawning the tentacles until a bit after the animation ends? I've noticed that AAF keeps "unjoining" instances for each tentacle encountr.

It's not game breaking. After 6 or more "unjoining" instances linger I just exit to main menu and then load the latest save. So there's no harm, but AAF it seems is not getting a chance to fully unjoin the animations before the tentacles despawn.

Again, it's not game breaking, but since you're looking into this maybe you could also check that? Thanks! :)

48 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Sthan, might it be possible to delay killing or respawning the tentacles until a bit after the animation ends? I've noticed that AAF keeps "unjoining" instances for each tentacle encountr.

It's not game breaking. After 6 or more "unjoining" instances linger I just exit to main menu and then load the latest save. So there's no harm, but AAF it seems is not getting a chance to fully unjoin the animations before the tentacles despawn.

Again, it's not game breaking, but since you're looking into this maybe you could also check that? Thanks! :)

Absolutely.  I've never encountered the Unjoining issue, but I can increase the timers to wait a bit more.   

So sorry! I'll fix this.  Could you please send me your debug log so I can see where exactly the issue is happening?  I have my suspicions, but I'd rather not assume.

Again, so sorry for the inconvenience!  ❤️

Edited by Sthan Dust
6 hours ago, jbezorg said:

22798-3-1489789685.jpg

Ive removed Interior spawning in the latest release.  There are so many issues spawning with Interior spaces, especially modded interior spaces :)