1 hour ago, Sthan Dust said:

I've never encountered the Unjoining issue

I've only seen it when a scene is stopped before the end. If the cell unloads for exemple and the animation is still going, AAF will force it to stop and you will get that "unjoining" statuts in the wizard.

Edited by lee3310
6 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

I've only seen it when a scene is stopped before the end (before onAnimationStop()/OnSceneEnd() events). If the cell unloads for exemple and the animation is still going, AAF will force it to stop and you will get that "unjoining" statuts in the wizard.

Thank you for this. I think I need to move some of the logic to the OnSceneEnd.  I am handling everything in the OnAnimationStop.  I do think that has something to do with CPU and GPU speed in processing.  

All my code is available at my GitHub if you want to inspect.  I don't bother including code in my releases because it bloats the install for non-modders.

I update my Git every few hours of coding, and it is public view.  All updates are labeled with release notes.

I will look at this tomoz.  I suspected this might be an issue, but you've just confirmed.

Thank you

???

2 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Could you please send me your debug log so I can see where exactly the issue is happening?

Hi, Sthan. That's a great idea. I assume you meant the AAF log, so I exited the game, enabled debugging to log, started a new game and did nothing at all except spawn a tentacle attack through your MCM Beastess menu. The encounter was a single tentacle.

The following log is that encounter, and as I suspected, at the end of the encounter AAF could no longer find one of the actors (obviously the tentacle).  So it does seem like the tentacle despawned before AAF was able to clean up the animation.

[07/03/2019 - 09:51:53AM] Processing: plugins
[07/03/2019 - 09:51:53AM] Using AAF save file: AAF_game_started_2019_6_1_13_46_28
[07/03/2019 - 09:51:54AM] *warning* [078] Unlimited Companion Framework not installed. AAF companion features disabled.
[07/03/2019 - 09:51:54AM] Processing: COMPLETED in 17.313 seconds.
[07/03/2019 - 09:51:54AM] Beta81:llfp32:f4se20:f4ee1//: Debug Mode On.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:27AM] [065] Actor ID "-16768456" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:27AM] [065] Actor ID "-16766872" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:27AM] [065] Actor ID "-16770813" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:28AM] [065] Actor ID "-16770787" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:28AM] [065] Actor ID "-16768394" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:28AM] [065] Actor ID "-16769277" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:29AM] [065] Actor ID "-16766882" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:29AM] [065] Actor ID "-16771467" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:29AM] [065] Actor ID "687415" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:30AM] [065] Actor ID "-16769211" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:30AM] [065] Actor ID "-16771176" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:30AM] [065] Actor ID "310899" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:31AM] [065] Actor ID "-16766723" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:31AM] [065] Actor ID "-16770437" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:31AM] [065] Actor ID "310900" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:32AM] [065] Actor ID "310898" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:32AM] [065] Actor ID "447396" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:32AM] Actor ID -16768456 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:32AM] Actor ID -16766872 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:33AM] Actor ID -16770813 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:33AM] Actor ID -16770787 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:33AM] Actor ID -16768394 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:33AM] Actor ID -16769277 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:33AM] Actor ID -16766882 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:33AM] Actor ID -16771467 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:34AM] Actor ID 687415 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:34AM] Actor ID -16769211 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:34AM] Actor ID -16771176 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:34AM] Actor ID 310899 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:34AM] Actor ID -16766723 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:34AM] Actor ID -16770437 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:35AM] Actor ID 310900 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:35AM] Actor ID 310898 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:35AM] Actor ID 447396 found and loaded.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:35AM] [065] Actor ID "704416" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:35AM] [065] Actor ID "447394" not found. Attempting to load...
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:36AM] *warning* [068] PROCESS BROKEN: Actor ID 704416 does not appear to exist.
[07/03/2019 - 09:52:36AM] Actor ID 447394 found and loaded.

If you meant a different log or if you need me to try anything different please let me know :) sorry it took me so long to notice your post earlier.  I was in game, haha.

Thanks so much again for sharing your amazing mod! :)

EDIT: I should mention I also earlier tested spawning tentacles directly through the tentacle mod and console, calling up an aggressive tentacle and letting the aggressive tentacle handle the spawning of passive tentacles, the animation and then the completion. The normal method of tentacle encounters does not get the stuck animations waiting to unjoin. You probably guessed that already, but I just wanted to mention that I did test and confirm it :)

EDIT #2: I just read upward and saw a reference to cells unloading causing the unjoining issue. That's definitely not the case here. If I have 6 tentacle attacks without moving and without changing cells (through the Beastess menu or through sanity framework natural encounter) then I get six unjoining instances. It's not the cell unloading in this case but the actor(s) unloading :)

Edited by Karna5

Hi, Sthan. I just had a tentacle related event I thought you might like to hear. You can decide for yourself if it's good or not. It's certainly realistic, but I don't know if it fits your intent for the mod with regard to being persecuted by tentacles.

My character does not get attacked by several of the world's factions (super mutants, ghouls, some insects, etc.) because earlier in her life she bore their children, and with Wasteland Dairy there's a feature where you then become accepted by that faction, and they stop attacking you.

So I was wandering through Big John's Scrap Yard which has several super mutants, and they were peacefully talking to me, and all was fine. And then a tentacle attack spawned through the Sanity Framework, and the super mutants immediately started firing on the tentacles and reduced them to ashes.

It's certainly realistic that the super mutants would not be allied with the tentacles, but I mention this in case you want to contemplate whether other factions in the game should attack your tentacles.

:) Thanks.

8 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, Sthan. I just had a tentacle related event I thought you might like to hear. You can decide for yourself if it's good or not. It's certainly realistic, but I don't know if it fits your intent for the mod with regard to being persecuted by tentacles.

My character does not get attacked by several of the world's factions (super mutants, ghouls, some insects, etc.) because earlier in her life she bore their children, and with Wasteland Dairy there's a feature where you then become accepted by that faction, and they stop attacking you.

So I was wandering through Big John's Scrap Yard which has several super mutants, and they were peacefully talking to me, and all was fine. And then a tentacle attack spawned through the Sanity Framework, and the super mutants immediately started firing on the tentacles and reduced them to ashes.

It's certainly realistic that the super mutants would not be allied with the tentacles, but I mention this in case you want to contemplate whether other factions in the game should attack your tentacles.

And again I had a similar thing happening.

In my case it has been pacified wolves that wouldn't attack my heroine but attacked the tentacles that were about to start a molestation.
Problem was, that the AAF scene already had started and the wolves killed all tentacles while AAF was still sorting things out before really starting the action for a TTTF scene.

So AAF got stuck in the fade out black screen that shows before the scene and didn't go out anymore (I gave it 10 minutes).
As a result I had to load a safe before this event.

Not sure if I could avoid this with different AAF settings (no fade out, for instance?)

for the moment I make a safe immediatly after the "tentacle attack notification" shows up.

Other than this version 2.06 works like a charm for me!

10 hours ago, Karna5 said:

EDIT #2: I just read upward and saw a reference to cells unloading causing the unjoining issue. That's definitely not the case here. If I have 6 tentacle attacks without moving and without changing cells (through the Beastess menu or through sanity framework natural encounter) then I get six unjoining instances. It's not the cell unloading in this case but the actor(s) unloading :)

Cell unload is an exemple but a missing actor ("IsDisabled() == True" maybe ?) before AAF finished processing all the actors can cause a similar problem apparently:
"[07/03/2019 - 09:52:36AM] *warning* [068] PROCESS BROKEN: Actor ID 704416 does not appear to exist."

11 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Thank you for this. I think I need to move some of the logic to the OnSceneEnd.  I am handling everything in the OnAnimationStop.  I do think that has something to do with CPU and GPU speed in processing.  

All my code is available at my GitHub if you want to inspect.  I don't bother including code in my releases because it bloats the install for non-modders.

I update my Git every few hours of coding, and it is public view.  All updates are labeled with release notes.

I will look at this tomoz.  I suspected this might be an issue, but you've just confirmed.

Thank you

???

OnAnimationStop() and OnSceneEnd() fire very closely to each other but if you are going to delete an actor, i think moving the function to "OnSceneEnd()" is the best option and could solve the issue (all actors are unlocked by then).

PS

I don't know what check AAF is performing to see if actor is still loaded or not so if OnseneEnd() doesn't cut it (i doubt that), you can play with those two functions instead of "disable()":

akActor.SetAlpha(0.0, True)  ; "make target completely invisible (with fade if true)"

akActor.SetCriticalStage(4)   ; "End of the disintegrate effect (removes object from the world)"

Edited by lee3310
1 hour ago, JonX67 said:

And again I had a similar thing happening.

In my case it has been pacified wolves that wouldn't attack my heroine but attacked the tentacles that were about to start a molestation.
Problem was, that the AAF scene already had started and the wolves killed all tentacles while AAF was still sorting things out before really starting the action for a TTTF scene.

So AAF got stuck in the fade out black screen that shows before the scene and didn't go out anymore (I gave it 10 minutes).
As a result I had to load a safe before this event.

Not sure if I could avoid this with different AAF settings (no fade out, for instance?)

for the moment I make a safe immediatly after the "tentacle attack notification" shows up.

Other than this version 2.06 works like a charm for me!

Ah. I will fix this.  For some reason I thought AAF set all targets in an animation to Ghost.  I had set ignorecombat.

I'll add this to 2.07 :)

47 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Cell unload is an exemple but a missing actor ("IsDisabled() == True" maybe ?) before AAF finished processing all the actors can cause a similar problem apparently:
"[07/03/2019 - 09:52:36AM] *warning* [068] PROCESS BROKEN: Actor ID 704416 does not appear to exist."

OnAnimationStop() and OnSceneEnd() fire very closely to each other but if you are going to delete an actor, i think moving the function to "OnSceneEnd()" is the best option and could solve the issue (all actors are unlocked by then).

PS

I don't know what check AAF is performing to see if actor is still loaded or not so if OnseneEnd() doesn't cut it (i doubt that), you can play with those two functions instead of "disable()":

akActor.SetAlpha(0.0, True)  ; "make target completely invisible (with fade if true)"

akActor.SetCriticalStage(4)   ; "End of the disintegrate effect (removes object from the world)"

I meant to remove the disable!  I moved changed this to KillSilent(), so that should fix this issue.  But you are right.  I should move this all to OnSceneEnd instead.  This has been a learning experience, because I'm not sure AAF was meant to deal with temporary actors that die after sex ??

There IS a bug in the Tentacle code that AAF complains about with Keywords.  I'll try to address that in my code until the mod is updated.

I'll add this to 2.07

Thank you and everyone else for being so patient!  This is incredibly helpful!

❤️

4 hours ago, Damicles said:

Its a shame no one can actually create a tentacle monster and animate to add to the game so it looks better than tentacles springing from the ground.

Creating new animations for new races is pretty much the single hardest modding task for Fallout 4. We didn't even have "tentacles springing from the ground" with sex scenes until a few weeks ago, so I'm personally thankful for whatever limited shokushu goukan I'm offered.

13 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Creating new animations for new races is pretty much the single hardest modding task for Fallout 4. We didn't even have "tentacles springing from the ground" with sex scenes until a few weeks ago, so I'm personally thankful for whatever limited shokushu goukan I'm offered.

imagine those tentacles coming out of this old friend:? "lore friendly"
maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by lee3310

-- Bug: Moved Tentacle Removal to OnSceneEnd to deal with Unjoining (I Hope!)

-- Bug: Killing Tentacles rather than disabling or deleting

-- Integration:  FPER Handles Cumflation better.  This only works if Tentacle Pregnancy Chance is fired.  

-- Bug: Beastess stats weren't properly updating.  These are being implemented for other special abilities and affects.

-- Multiple small bugs were addressed.  Needless notifications were removed

-- Tentacles: Tentacles are now immune to attacks during an AAF scene.  They are indestructible when trying to fulfill their mission.

-- Addition: New framework for Wolf Packs.  Have you ever wanted a bunch of wolves following you about? (Coming Release 2.1)

18 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I like this idea very much!  Though I made them invincible for now, otherwise it can interrupt the animation.  That said, I just need to check for an OnHit event to cancel the animation.  

I'll work on this next time round :)

55 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

I like this idea very much!  Though I made them invincible for now, otherwise it can interrupt the animation.  That said, I just need to check for an OnHit event to cancel the animation.  

I'll work on this next time round :)

I have two options in mind that could interest you:

1) Check for NPCs around the player before spawning the tentacles (make them only prey on isolated victims for more creepiness).

The easy way to do it in my opinion, is to fill a RefColl alias with a distance check (let's say < 2000) among other conditions (race, faction...). If it returns empty, spawn the tentacles.
Or, they could attack nearby NPCs at the same time if their number is less than a given value (similar to AAF_Violate with companions).

2) Same mechanism but this time, by adding a package to the RefColl to make NPCs flee the scene (scared from this new enemy). Stop the quest at the end.

Edited by lee3310
1 hour ago, lee3310 said:

I have two options in mind that could interest you:

1) Check for NPCs around the player before spawning the tentacles (make them only prey on isolated victims for more creepiness).

The easy way to do it in my opinion, is to fill a RefColl alias with a distance check (let's say < 2000) among other conditions (race, faction...). If it returns empty, spawn the tentacles.
Or, they could attack nearby NPCs at the same time if their number is less than a given value (similar to AAF_Violate with companions).

2) Same mechanism but this time, by adding a package to the RefColl to make NPCs flee the scene (scared from this new enemy). Stop the quest at the end.

I am very intrigued by this.  On option two, because I've been struggling with packages.  Can you give me pseudo code on that?

It seems I would need to create new Actors with these packages.  I have been trying to get "PathTo" work properly.

2 hours ago, H Bof said:

Can I just get a quick clarification for the thoughts frequency in the MCM? Does increasing the number make it more common or less? and how does it scale, like is every number one in game minute, hour, etc?

Every tick in in Game hours.  Increasing the number makes it less common.  So increasing wait hours, will only do a check at that interval for the chance you've selected.

For instance, if Chance Attack is 50, and Wait hours is 8, every 8 hours there is a 50% chance of an attack. :)

ps.  That also is affected on whether player has just fast traveled, is in combat, is in an AAF scene.  If any of those are true, it will wait 8 more hours to check again.

Edited by Sthan Dust
Clarification
49 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

I am very intrigued by this.  On option two, because I've been struggling with packages.  Can you give me pseudo code on that?

It seems I would need to create new Actors with these packages.  I have been trying to get "PathTo" work properly.

All you have to do is fill the refcollection with all the NPCs you want except the tentacles, add a package to it with a "flee" procedure/template, set FleeFrom (Target) = PlayerRef (or tentacles but you will have to put them in separate RefColl) and finally, a FleeDist (= 2000 or higher/lower).
There is no code per say, just a little fragment on package start with two lines to pacify them:

akActor.StopCombat()
akActor.StopCombatAlarm()

I almost hate to report my issues, because you are being such a joy to talk to. With the new version, I set tentacles to "plant" choice. 1st time at plant attck, AAF scene blows out to a total black screen freeze. I have to close the game and since, the tentacle scenes are not activating. One lone tentacle will appear with no caption ,no AAF menu and sit there just waving and no AAF trigger.

45 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I almost hate to report my issues, because you are being such a joy to talk to.

Aww.  Thank you so much! ❤️  And it's okay!

45 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

With the new version, I set tentacles to "plant" choice. 1st time at plant attck, AAF scene blows out to a total black screen freeze. I have to close the game and since, the tentacle scenes are not activating. One lone tentacle will appear with no caption ,no AAF menu and sit there just waving and no AAF trigger.

Is it only with the plant version?  Have you tried it on others?  I may well have set the wrong formID.  It happens :)  I'll have a look this evening.

36 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

Aww.  Thank you so much! ❤️  And it's okay!

Is it only with the plant version?  Have you tried it on others?  I may well have set the wrong formID.  It happens :)  I'll have a look this evening.

Using plant only. Tentacles will appear and stay in world. Have at least 6 in my settlement just waving. AAF works only 50% of time. Screen goes black and go into eternal load mode. I have to back out of game and reload save. I will try default random mode and see what happens.