Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

4 minutes ago, Scorpion_SK said:

I pressed "light mode" button just to try what it does, and now the site become all white and all settings buttons disappeared. How can i disable that damn "light mode" back to default colors?

Theme setting at the bottom left of the webpage.  Click on the arrow next to theme and select "carbon".

Looks better than the previous. But come on Ashal, it's time for you to let go of that old banner and put something more in line with what the community is about, don'tcha think? Or at the least, put some bewbs on them tree trunks.

12 hours ago, t.ara said:

Two days ago it was finally working really fine-now the page is again terrible slow. Very pity.

LL is a site which attracts a lots of traffic. While the responsiveness of the site is partly linked to the weight of the interface, it's still mostly determined by the traffic/amount of requests, and the performance of the servers. So there's a limit ; specially considering the servers team workforce boils to a single person. :classic_wink:

I really like this redesign. It looks refreshed while still being the same site I've used for some time now. It's a redesign done right and I hope that it will stay that way! Great job!

Also, so far I haven't noticed any bugs (I'm running dark mode with fluid width) and everything seems to be working as intended.

Take care and stay safe!

On 1/8/2021 at 8:07 AM, Ashal said:

***snip***

For people who used the full width version of the theme before, click the toggle button at the top of the site (next to the messages icon) and you can select fluid width there.

If you notice anything obviously missing, broken, or such in the current setup, let me know here in this thread and I'll look into it as necessary.  I'm open to suggestions for changes as well.

I am using the dark version. I clicked the Customizer button but I don't see any options for fluid width. I only see larger font, dark, sticky/flip sidebar, and sticky author panel options. Or is that an option for mobile devices like you young'uns use? I'm a proud flip phone user myself. :D

I would also like to hide/collapse sidebar down to nothing or as near nothing as I can get.

12 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

I am using the dark version. I clicked the Customizer button but I don't see any options for fluid width. I only see larger font, dark, sticky/flip sidebar, and sticky author panel options. Or is that an option for mobile devices like you young'uns use? I'm a proud flip phone user myself. :D

I would also like to hide/collapse sidebar down to nothing or as near nothing as I can get.

I second the request for a more unobtrusive sidebar. Even collapsed it reserves all the space underneath it shrinking all posts horizontally. When collapsed it should nest up to the header and allow the posts to expand to the full width of the screen.

Thanks for the work on this. The new theme looks good overall.

Just here to chime in on the sidebar.

Honestly? Why?

On, for example, the 2560x1440 resolution the sidebar, which at best has a length of the OP and the first post, reduces the already small text field to like a quarter of the width.

It either needs to be optional or the layout has to scale better with resolution.

More feedback :

• The pages button's numbers (at the botton) seem to be white on white

1793819747_2021-01-09LLIPBupdateb.jpg.8387ebc6d87490e002b550d691a565ea.jpg

• A "general" category has appeared in the blogs section, but there is no category selector. Not that we asked for categories, but might be worth mentioning.
  • Not a big fan of the sidebar on forums threads either, and it's true the NEW icons might be too distracting. This version overall has more sparks of colors, which isn't a bad thing, but I think it wouldn't hurt if that orange NEW spark turned into a small dot/bullet. 

Nothing major though. Can't wait to see if the notifications bugs were solved !

I don't know if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to have a setting to hide the sidebar?

Or to place it top or bottom page?

Thank you for all your work. ?

So is it possible to edit the sidebar? It is showing my old preview gifs that I deleted of my first animations. I checked and they are not anywhere In my current previews, so how are they showing in the sidebar? I was proud of those at the time, but my animations have improved and I would rather have it show previews that represent my current work.

On 1/8/2021 at 7:45 AM, rono said:

FYI, downloads are veeeeeery slow, in minutes, many minutes for a 50 meg file.

Same issue as you. Hopefully this issue gets resolved promptly, ~60 kb/s isn't exactly a good download speed. Still, with all of the technical work going on behind the scenes, It is understandable that things are a bit... Sub-Optimal.

25 minutes ago, HeugeJacl said:

Same issue as you. Hopefully this issue gets resolved promptly, ~60 kb/s isn't exactly a good download speed. Still, with all of the technical work going on behind the scenes, It is understandable that things are a bit... Sub-Optimal.

It's been back and forth over the last couple days.  At times, they work fine.  Other times they're entirely unavailable.  Most of the time they're just slow.

I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure once all the updating is finished things will return to normal.

I don't know if it's been reported already, but when you click a notification, you're not taken to the comment it applies to. You're just taken to the top of the same page.

The site is also very slow. It needs a faster server(or whatever the problem is) more than a visual remake.

I'm loving not seeing the side panel.  Thank you, @Ashal!

10 hours ago, Psalam said:

The "Edit" function is not working routinely. I wrote a post in the thread below and went back and edited it and ... I got a second post. When I went back to edit the second post it worked correclty.

Maybe a temporary glitch?  I've used edit several times since the site facelift and it's worked well.