Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

2 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Thoughts on the "New" badge that shows up on the homepage for unread content? Need to decide if I should hide it or not. I personally find it kind of distracting...

I vote for hiding it since there will be 'new' content in most forum discussions anyway.

I can't think of a single forum I have completely read all the time.

3 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Is it possible to put the right part

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created 3 yr
  • Last Reply 1 dy

in a spoiler or something so it can be hidden and/or expanded?

Some people used to zoom to see a post contend before this update.

I had it myself at 110% in firefox, and because of this, it needs more.

Some of us have farsightedness!!?

+ 1

That thing takes 1/3 of my screen for data I don't need, and leaves a big empty space on the right once you've scrolled down far enough.

I would like a more compact look back, would require lot less scrolling to browse recent posts. Threads have a lot more redundant empty space between them now.

Any way to disable the "NEW" alert on front page? Half of the site is gonna have those for me since i never click them, I'd rather not have them anywhere.

Is there any way to get rid of the sidebar? I don't like that the forum posts are now only shown in about half the width of the browser window. Also, the line that indicates the break between the posts you have read and those you haven't does not stand out as much as it used to. Is there any way to customize that?

2 hours ago, Risi said:

Looks good to me ❤️ ...my only beef is....why can't we follow anyone anymore? Had quite a few peeps saying they would like to follow me but can't and not sure when that happened where we could not add people anymore. Can this be fixed or no?

Most likely it wont : this feature was taken down due to a troll (Jinkazama I think) creating dozens of profiles in order to spam others users profiles with follow notifications. The issue was you couldn't remove someone from your followers, nor blacklist him. Disabling the function was the chosen way out. :classic_smile:

16 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Most likely it wont : this feature was taken down due to a troll (Jinkazama I think) creating dozens of profiles in order to spam others users profiles with follow notifications. The issue was you couldn't remove someone from your followers, nor blacklist him. Disabling the function was the chosen way out. :classic_smile:

Ahhh...typical..that one person has to ruin it for everyone else. Oh well... 

1 hour ago, PubliusNV said:

Is there any way to get rid of the sidebar? I don't like that the forum posts are now only shown in about half the width of the browser window.

Seconding this request.  I never work with the browser window maximized, but with it at "normal" size for me the side panel compresses the posts to a pretty narrow width, and it's the posts that I'm really interested in.

Otherwise, I like a lot of the site changes.  Thanks for the fresh look!

1 hour ago, gollum007 said:

I agree with the other peeps saying the sidebar is obnoxious :)

Fortunately, adblock to the rescue:

www.loverslab.com###ipsLayout_sidebar

Add as a custom filter, should work IIRC with all the major blockers.

Thank you. Also works with uBlock Origin on Firefox, tested it myself.

I think the sidebar IPS slows everything down a bit, because before blocking it with the filter, the list of my inbox messages (I received the inbox full notification) loaded much slower.

The new sidebar is useful, but it should only take space away from the posts immediately beside it at the top of the page.

The problem with the new sidebar is that it takes space away from all the posts on the page, and there is just blank space to the right of about 90% of the posts on the page.