1 minute ago, xluxlu said:

It was a problem with Nexus Mod Mannager; for some reason, when I unistalled the previous version, some files remained in the virtual installation of the software and caused this problem.

Thank you very much!

Yea that can happen with Mod managers some more then other's. A lot of modders here would tell you to use MO2 over Vortex as it's more stable and better to use but at the end of the day it's what works for you that matters.

On 7/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, mashup47 said:

Yea that can happen with Mod managers some more then other's. A lot of modders here would tell you to use MO2 over Vortex as it's more stable and better to use but at the end of the day it's what works for you that matters.

I tried to use Vortex, but I really do not like its interface hahahaha I know that Nexus Mod Mannager has a lot of problems, but at least its interface is very friendly and I can sub-divide each category.

2 hours ago, xluxlu said:

I tried to use Vortex, but I really do not like its interface hahahaha I know that Nexus Mod Mannager has a lot of problems, but at least its interface is very friendly and I can sub-divide each category.

Like you I use NMM but would advise anyone reading this to use MO2 or Vortex if they wish to seek help with any of the mods.

As help is going to be VERY Limited at best for you! as most mod author's do not have the time to sort out your issues if your using unsupported mod managers.

Can anyone point me to what changes were made in the XML format that the latest AAF uses? Going through the AAF wiki looking at the bottom of each page to check for an updated date is painful...at best. Still no clues or hi lite on what changed.

How about a brief explanation on the wiki of the changes and/or a page link and a pointer to the changes in the change log? Please.

44 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

The changelog explains what XML changes have been made per build.

where does it say what i have to change in older xml to avoid breaking AAF? something made the newer AAF not load some older xml files(the 30% load issue). What needs changing to comply? I am using the older files to try teaching myself how to use AAF but if they are wrong I need to know what to avoid.

5 hours ago, murf said:

where does it say what i have to change in older xml to avoid breaking AAF? something made the newer AAF not load some older xml files(the 30% load issue). What needs changing to comply? I am using the older files to try teaching myself how to use AAF but if they are wrong I need to know what to avoid.

It's the other way around.  Older AAF can't load the new format XML, but current AAF can load older XML just fine.

The 30% issue is because an XML is referring to something that should be in another XML but is not found -- a Position XML referring to an Animation that isn't in any AnimationData, etc.  AAF handles most of this by logging an error, but there are still a few combinations that can cause it to hang up.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

It's the other way around.  Older AAF can't load the new format XML, but current AAF can load older XML just fine.

The 30% issue is because an XML is referring to something that should be in another XML but is not found -- a Position XML referring to an Animation that isn't in any AnimationData, etc.  AAF handles most of this by logging an error, but there are still a few combinations that can cause it to hang up.

Thank you very much. As usual I was trying to do things ass backwards lol. 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, murf said:

As ego points out, it sounds like you just have some kind of compatibility issue between AAF content mods.

But, one thing that you can do to see changes to XML over time is to look at the history in the wiki for the XML you are interested in.

CTD, CTD, CTD, please help!

I'm running AAF 139 and a lot of animations (adult content) from LL. Animations are working and so does AAF. The issue is whenever I try to load most recent, or any save after restarting the game or exiting, I'd get CTD.

When I launch the game via F4SE (which I always do) I get to the main menu with no issues. If I start a new game on any difficulty, I can do that with no issues as well. However, if I try to 'Continue' or 'Load' a save, it will start loading (loading screen with background, 3d objects and VDSG Catalogue), and after that I get another loading screen which is fully black, with only green circle which indicates loading in the bottom right corner. AAF loads that way. It will start loading and after a few seconds it will freeze and then CTD.

I know this is AAF and not any other mod, I've tested it.

Like I said, I'm running AAF 139  and I have this issue, but I tried with AAF 133 and it's exactly the same story! I've even tried with AAF 114, and the game actually loaded. With 114 I could get into my save without CTDs but AAF wouldn't work (stuck at 30%).

Oh and yes, F4SE is installed correctly.

Please, can somebody help?

On 7/5/2020 at 10:06 AM, roten_man said:

CTD, CTD, CTD, please help!

I'm running AAF 139 and a lot of animations (adult content) from LL. Animations are working and so does AAF. The issue is whenever I try to load most recent, or any save after restarting the game or exiting, I'd get CTD.

When I launch the game via F4SE (which I always do) I get to the main menu with no issues. If I start a new game on any difficulty, I can do that with no issues as well. However, if I try to 'Continue' or 'Load' a save, it will start loading (loading screen with background, 3d objects and VDSG Catalogue), and after that I get another loading screen which is fully black, with only green circle which indicates loading in the bottom right corner. AAF loads that way. It will start loading and after a few seconds it will freeze and then CTD.

I know this is AAF and not any other mod, I've tested it.

Like I said, I'm running AAF 139  and I have this issue, but I tried with AAF 133 and it's exactly the same story! I've even tried with AAF 114, and the game actually loaded. With 114 I could get into my save without CTDs but AAF wouldn't work (stuck at 30%).

Oh and yes, F4SE is installed correctly.

Please, can somebody help?

I used 133 and 139 extensively and saw no CTD related to loading saves. Check your papyrus log, and also see if the AAF_GFV.exe from the #tools channel of AAF's Discord reports a clean bill of health for your AAF installation and prerequisites. For that matter, folks in the help channels on the AAF Discord server are quite likely to be able to give you more real-time assistance troubleshooting your installation.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I used 133 and 139 extensively and saw no CTD related to loading saves. Check your papyrus log, and also see if the AAF_GFV.exe from the #tools channel of AAF's Discord reports a clean bill of health for your AAF installation and prerequisites. For that matter, folks in the help channels on the AAF Discord server are quite likely to be able to give you more real-time assistance troubleshooting your installation.

I seriously have to create Discord account, everybody's using that nowadays...

The issue is solved, thanks to Saya S.. The problem was with HUD. I had many HUD-related mods, such as Killtips&Hitsound, Active Effects on HUD, DEF_UI, etc. By reinstalling HUDFramework and DEF_UI, as well as getting rid of all those other mods I got it to work. And works like a charm, seriously.

Apparently, AAF is also counted as HUD modification, and thus (with other HUD-related mods) the game has trouble loading them all. It's due to game engine limitation, I think..

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Take care!

Installed the latest AAF. The PC & NPC just stood there. So, I turned on AAF by hitting the HOME key. I then attempted to advance the animation with the PGUP & PGDN keys (like I've done thousands of times before) and NOTHING happened. Rolled back to a previous version & it worked again.

:expressionless:

1 hour ago, VonHelton said:

Installed the latest AAF. The PC & NPC just stood there. So, I turned on AAF by hitting the HOME key. I then attempted to advance the animation with the PGUP & PGDN keys (like I've done thousands of times before) and NOTHING happened. Rolled back to a previous version & it worked again.

139 is a problem for some. I can handle 133, but 139 does not work for me. Same mods, same load order as always..

5 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Do you have any hud-related mods? If you do, try with disabling them and then run it.

I had a few mods for HUD (such as DEF_UI, KillTips, Active Effects, etc.) and my game would CTD. Then I disabled and completely removed all of those mods, and I reinstalled only DEF_UI and HUDFramework, and now my game.. just works!

22 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Hey @dagobaking I used AAF in a non adult mod. I thought you'd like to know. :D 

Right on! Cool idea.

20 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Did you try the same test but starting from a new game?

I am searching for how to start masturbation.

Sounds like a simple question, right? But the Wiki links all don't work anymore and I find no hint in the AAF_settings.ini, and no search finds any mentioning of that.

Can anyone tell me how to start masturbation please?

Could the wiki please brought back up again? EDIT: Found it in your signature! Be advised that there are several old disfunct links everywhere. My main question seems to remain unanswered though.

Many thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, effrenatus said:

I am searching for how to start masturbation.

Sounds like a simple question, right? But the Wiki links all don't work anymore and I find no hint in the AAF_settings.ini, and no search finds any mentioning of that.

Can anyone tell me how to start masturbation please?

Could the wiki please brought back up again? EDIT: Found it in your signature! Be advised that there are several old disfunct links everywhere. My main question seems to remain unanswered though.

Many thanks in advance.

You must have AAF installed and working first then you install this.